Author Topic: Eat Fat Lose Fat???  (Read 74652 times)

cecac

Re: Eat Fat Lose Fat???
« Reply #120 on: September 17, 2008, 10:36:28 AM »
I am bringing this back up to ask if anyone has successfully used the Health Recovery Program in Eat Fat Lose Fat?

I've just begun to ease into the program, due to adrenal exhaustion.  The Health Recovery specifically targets this issue so I am hoping that the High Vitamin Butter Oil and the Cod Liver Oil along with Raw Milk Tonic, etc, will be a big help.  I am not going to use the coconut oil so much as the other things outlined in the book.

Cara

Offline InEverything

• Adept
« Reply #121 on: September 17, 2008, 10:53:31 AM »
I am bringing this back up to ask if anyone has successfully used the Health Recovery Program in Eat Fat Lose Fat?

I've just begun to ease into the program, due to adrenal exhaustion.  The Health Recovery specifically targets this issue so I am hoping that the High Vitamin Butter Oil and the Cod Liver Oil along with Raw Milk Tonic, etc, will be a big help.  I am not going to use the coconut oil so much as the other things outlined in the book.

Cara

Please keep us updated!  I am currently consuming more fat to help with my adrenals.  I read on the Weston Price website that adrenal problems are related to lack of fat.  Please give us more details of the things you are going to try....God Bless.
"in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thes. 5:18

cecac

« Reply #122 on: September 17, 2008, 12:03:23 PM »
Hello In Everything--so what has your experience been with eating the higher fat as it relates to your adrenal fatigue symptoms?

Here is what I'm aiming at doing:
1/2 teaspoon cod liver and high vitamin butter oil once per day
1 Raw milk tonic (with raw eggs and molasses) once per day
Kefir with nutritional yeast, egg yolk, organic blueberries
bone broths some days
Coconut oil in a cup of tea once per day
Kombucha and/or beet Kvass twice per day
2 T. raw apple cider vinegar (Bragg's) to help with assimilation of fats, as needed

I haven't gotten everything together yet, but I am doing some of it.

I will also try to soak all grains, nuts, and beans most of the time.  I will not be eating any processed foods except for maybe once per week for a while.

I also take some basic supplements from Standard Process, but I dropped some of that since I'm doing this other.

Cara

Offline InEverything

• Adept
« Reply #123 on: September 17, 2008, 12:36:07 PM »
Hello In Everything--so what has your experience been with eating the higher fat as it relates to your adrenal fatigue symptoms?

Hi Cara-- I feel great when I keep up a high fat content.   For the past five years or so I have eaten fats uninhibited :)  My weight has been consistently "healthy".
Just recently I am making a more conscious effort to eat even more fat.  I have less "hypoglycemic" issues when I do.  My fat comes mostly from butter, dairy, nuts and olive oil.  I have a harder time adding coconut oil.  Adding it to my cup of decaf. coffee may be a good option.
I really like making the 24 hour yogurt out of half and half.  It is so thick!
The egg yolks in milk with molasses is a great idea.  I do not have the book so thank you for the ideas.
I would like to order cod liver oil when my budget allows.  
In summary, I feel the best when I eat a low carb, high fat diet.  
Keep us updated!
"in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thes. 5:18

cecac

« Reply #124 on: September 17, 2008, 01:15:49 PM »
Wow--I so hope I get energy like you are saying, and stamina.  I've lost both of those along the way.

I am going to eat olive oil, also, on a salad most days, too.  The nuts is good too, right?  I am hoping to do the crispy nut thing.  I get raw cream, too, from pasture fed cows so maybe I ought to just drink some of that, too.

As to weight, I was going to try to ignore it for awhile. ::)  According to the Eat Fat Lose Fat, you are not supposed to concentrate on weight loss in a time of health recovery, but I hope if I eat high fat that I'll have your experience and my weight will just go on down bit by bit anyway.

One can always hope. ;D

Thanks for the support!!

Offline southmom2k

• Adept
« Reply #125 on: September 17, 2008, 03:44:56 PM »
I take cod liver oil and if you can handle slamming it down in a bit of liquid...its only $10.00 for a 16 oz. bottle at GNC.

I highly recommend the eat fat, low (bad) carb diet. I eat lots of good fats such as whole dairy, nuts, olive, coconut oil, animal meats etc...
I definitely still eat veggie and fruit carbs, but not white sugar or flour carbs.
Want to SAVE $5 on your first order at iherb.com??
Enter KAN020 at checkout!

Check out my etsy shop!
https://www.etsy.com/shop/southmom3kids

Offline InEverything

• Adept
« Reply #126 on: September 18, 2008, 04:14:36 AM »
Here is that quote I referred to from WAPF

To do this, we refer to some basic physiology. First, we are dealing with the adrenal cortex, not the medulla (which makes adrenaline). The hormones that the adrenal cortex makes are all derived from our best friend--cholesterol. Yes, cholesterol is the precursor to all the valuable adrenal hormones that help us deal with stress, inflamation and trauma, and that help our body to heal. Therefore adrenal insufficiency (lack of adrenal cortical hormones) is a fat deficiency. So the first step is simple and logical: eat more fat, especially cholesterol-rich animal fat.
http://www.westonaprice.org/askdoctor/steroids.html

Personally I can only focus on one major diet change at a time. I do have a good source of raw goat's milk (not very much fat :(  )
but otherwise I have not worried about raw or organic choices of other dairy foods.  I am just trying to load up on fat!
I love cream, who doesn't?  My Grandma used to put half and half on our cereal!

cecac

« Reply #127 on: September 18, 2008, 09:08:52 AM »
Here is that quote I referred to from WAPF

To do this, we refer to some basic physiology. First, we are dealing with the adrenal cortex, not the medulla (which makes adrenaline). The hormones that the adrenal cortex makes are all derived from our best friend--cholesterol. Yes, cholesterol is the precursor to all the valuable adrenal hormones that help us deal with stress, inflamation and trauma, and that help our body to heal. Therefore adrenal insufficiency (lack of adrenal cortical hormones) is a fat deficiency. So the first step is simple and logical: eat more fat, especially cholesterol-rich animal fat.
http://www.westonaprice.org/askdoctor/steroids.html

Personally I can only focus on one major diet change at a time. I do have a good source of raw goat's milk (not very much fat :(  )
but otherwise I have not worried about raw or organic choices of other dairy foods.  I am just trying to load up on fat!
I love cream, who doesn't?  My Grandma used to put half and half on our cereal!

Oh, so that is why they have you do the Raw Milk Tonic on health recovery--for the cholestorol, I bet.  It is 1.5 cups of raw milk, two pasture fed egg yolks, and molasses.  I drink one per day.

Having a little trouble with the cod liver oil.  I can get it down okay, but I've had the problem with increasing my fat intake and messing up bowl function.  I am going to get apple cider vinegar to take before I take the cod liver/butter oils right before the Milk Tonic in the mornings at about 11 a.m.  According to the book, if fat intake is hard for a person, Swedish bitters or apple cider vinegar should help to get the fats down.  Also, though, I am wondering if Kombucha, Kefir, and Beet Kvass will help with assimilation.

Thank you for the quote!!  Every little bit of understanding helps.

Cara

Offline FarmWife

• Adept
    • Amazing Graze Farm
« Reply #128 on: March 19, 2009, 02:30:18 AM »
My husband and I both have a lot of weight to lose.  We are trying this plan.  We do the cod liver oil and the coconut oil.  We feel great, have more energy, I notice a big difference in my hair, skin & nails, but no weight loss.  Sigh...  We have cut way back on our portions too.  We already ate fairly healthy.  We have been grinding our wheat for over 12 years. We raise our own meats on pasture and we eat our farm raised eggs and raw milk.  We are neither one much of a milk drinker.  In fact, I am having to remind myself to have a cup of milk for this plan. 

Has anyone else lost weight doing this?  I hate to give it up because we are feeling so good, but we need to get this weight off.   
Only by His merciful grace,
Marci

Come check out our store..
www.amazinggrazefarm.com/store

Offline JohnsDaughter

• Learning
    • Literary Maidens Publishing
« Reply #129 on: March 19, 2009, 01:24:01 PM »
Do you have her book?

I am just about to start this (waiting for Coconut Oil to arrive - yippee!), so I'm not speaking from experience.  BUT - on page 104 and 105, she explains that if you don't lose anything on the Phase One deal for two weeks, then you can go on to Phase Two which is a much stricter plan (calorie-wise).

The other thing I'd like to encourage you with, is that your body may be working on getting alot of other gunk out of your system - even from years and years ago (before you started eating better 12 years ago). 

Even tho' I'm only 22, I've struggled with weight since I hit puberty.  When I was in my mid-teens we finally switched over to better foods and grinding our own wheat, etc. 

HTH!!

-Christy

Offline LenaB

• Learning
« Reply #130 on: January 07, 2010, 06:04:50 AM »
Hey there, Just wondering if anyone had any recent updates with their weight loss or overall health using CO?... Still using it?
I am looking to buy some to help with health and weight loss and wanted to see how you ladies were doing now.
Thanks so much! ~Delenia

Offline godsarmyof8

• Learning
« Reply #131 on: January 07, 2010, 04:36:42 PM »
I have discovered with this that I do better not keeping up with doses or measurements.  I just got rid of everything I am not supposed to have and only buy what I can have.  I then cook with that.  I use homemade bone broths in everything, bacon grease and other meat fats in everything, I only use coconut oil and olive oil,  I use coconut milk in everything that calls for milk in it even my coffee sometimes, we have a hard time getting raw milk products except cheese which is the only kind I use, I use nothing pasteurized, we eat primarily organic, and we eat a lot of meat, we eat nothing processed, no nitrates or nitrites, no soy, no msg, no HFCS, no refined sugar, no refined or bleached flours, we are actually gluten free as there is celiac here, my husband has wheat, only sea salt, and lots of herbs and spices, lots of eggs, we have homemade juice 3 or 4 times a week, and supplements.  We are presently fermenting veggies and are getting ready to ferment drinks as well.  Our supplements are probiotics, enzymes, zinc, magnesium, vit b 6,12, candida clear, cod liver oil, vit d and vit c. We avoid medicines and antibiotics and try to use natural means as much as possible. We use all natural cleaning products as well.  We detox when needed.
The first 6 months was rough and crazy, but it all soon became routine.  I try to correct things as I find them.  The Westen Price foundation web site is awesome.  I lost 15 lbs, and my fibro is all but gone.  My emotional issues are all but gone, my son is off of adderol, and risperidol, my husband is off of cholesterol meds, and blood pressure is better.  Now as far as exercise I haven't gotten past ordinary exercises like gardening, 6 children, dogs, yard work, cleaning, etc.  I want to do some but it hasn't fit in yet. 

I have found that if you are going to do something, give it all you got, all you can.  Or the transition is slow and sometimes fails.  Also if you do not enjoy eating the food, it doesn't matter what you do, it will become a burden.  Eat only what God made, not man. God Bless

On a quest for my family's wellbeing; spiritually, mentally, emotionally, physically, and financially. Basically searching for God's Will for His people, finding truths and dispelling one lie at a time.

Offline LenaB

• Learning
« Reply #132 on: January 11, 2010, 08:25:42 AM »
godsarmyof8; Thanks so much for your reply! I am very new to this way of thinking and trying to eat but love learning this way of living. I have been a nurse for over 10 years and it is kinda ingrained in me and am trying to get to the natural side of taking in what God has given us for natural healing and living. I just recently got the Nourishing Traditions book but have not read it entirely. Things look hard to do but I am going to keep trying.  ;)
I am still waiting on my CO to come in but can't wait! I am using olive oil to cook with and have for a while. Trying to eat more raw items and healthier. It is hard because convenient items are so convenient!
Thanks again and God bless! Delenia

Offline WI Cheesehead

• Adept
« Reply #133 on: February 20, 2011, 07:34:29 PM »
Lena - Just curious where you got your CO?  I am looking into getting some and found the cheapest at Columbus Foods (on-line).  It comes out to $3.90 lb.  I want to start us on the oil, esp. as my husband's cholesterol is back up to 238 (from 210).  I was thinking about having him take the Slo-Niacin too, but not sure yet.

Offline LenaB

• Learning
« Reply #134 on: October 18, 2011, 06:20:20 PM »
I am so sorry this is a late reply! I have been off of Welltellme for a little while, busy with my kids and new baby ;)
I got my CO from Nutiva. Have not been eating the way I should or using my oil but re-reading this thread is making me want to get back in gear!

https://store.nutiva.com/coconut-oil/?gclid=CNqH7KXy86sCFYTe4Aod4XvbtA

Offline kcb

• Adept
« Reply #135 on: October 29, 2011, 03:27:00 PM »
I lost some weight an a low-carb-high-fat diet.  I steadily lost 10 pounds over about 2 1/2 weeks.  I eat mostly lard and butter instead of CO.  One advantage of lard is that I can get it for free.  Ask at the farms that raise organic, pastured pigs, and they are likely to have fat back for cheap or free.  Rendering the lard is not difficult. 

My family eats mostly a Weston Price diet (pastured meats and fats, organ meats, CLO, bone broth, soaked grains, etc.)

Offline Redheadedmama

• Learning
« Reply #136 on: March 01, 2012, 01:50:42 AM »
 :) I think I get the ingredients tomorrow and try these coconut balls tomorrow night!  :)

Offline Redheadedmama

• Learning
« Reply #137 on: March 01, 2012, 02:00:09 AM »
I saw extra vigin olive oil coconut brand at the store last week. I"m going to look at the ingredients tomorrow and if they are safe, going to get it and try it. it was only 4.95 a jar. I"m going to try this. I reduce my calories anyways. always have. but I'm older and its harder to lose fat now that is if I don't exercise , but if this is a health thing and it helps u lose some water , and inches I'm going to try it!

Offline unwoeden

• Wide Eyed
    • springhill group south korea news
« Reply #138 on: July 05, 2012, 11:40:13 PM »
It’s still not working, my friend tried it for months now, and it seems nothing is happening.
...live healthy!!

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #139 on: July 06, 2012, 07:29:17 AM »
It’s still not working, my friend tried it for months now, and it seems nothing is happening.
There are many reasons for being overweight, apparently a lack of good fats is not your friend's problem.  He/she should look at other reasons for the weight gain, and other methods of losing weight.