Author Topic: Kangen Water?  (Read 6988 times)

Offline Siege

• My avatar is my youngest frying deer tongue!
  • Adept
Kangen Water?
« on: December 04, 2007, 11:34:29 AM »
I am not sure where to put this thread, but I am sure that a moderator will move it if need be.

Have any of you heard of Kangen Water? Do any of you use this water? I have a friend who is SOLD on this water and has bought a filter. This filter ionizes water and changes the ph level. You can use 2.5 ph water for a mouthwash (cannot swallow it) or 11 ph water to clean things (no soap needed). The philosophy behind it is making your body more alkaline so that it uses nutrients the right way and your body is able to work as God intended.

I am just wondering if any of you have tried this or know anyone who has?

http://www.kangenwaterusa.com/Homepage.html

Offline ladyhen

• Master
Re: Kangen Water?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 08:46:54 AM »
Seige,

Did you ever find out anything more about this?  My DIL just rec'd a testimony about drinking alkaline water from a woman that she knows that is claiming all kinds of health benefits.   I told my DIL that I would do a bit of research, but all I have come up with is a couple of sites that sell these things.  DIL's friend also sent her a list of foods that are high in purines (uric acid). 

My advice to DIL was to just keep serving good, healthy food to her family and not make any big, drastic changes like this without much research and knowledge.   
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;    Titus 2:13

Offline NotLuckyButBlessed

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 01:49:06 PM »
My father has just started selling this filter. He says drinking this water makes him feel like he did 15 years ago. He just mailed me an informational DVD. I haven't watched it yet.

If he says it makes him feel better I don't doubt it. However, as I look at the internet it looks like it (and other filters that are designed to alkalize water) are $1000 and up. 

He did say that when people are interested they can often find someone nearby who will give you free water for a month to try it. So if you are curious you could try this.
View my blog at www.ButIHadATiara.blogspot.com
(private, request an invite by messaging me:)

"Sometimes we fear that fighting for what is right will kill us. Then it occurs to us that to stand by and do nothing out of self-preservation is to be dead already". ~ Beth Moore

Mom to treasured XXXXYX

Offline homesteadmommy

• Adept
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 06:06:46 PM »
I don't want to pop bubbles but I must say that I am not sure about this water at all. A lady gave me some and I took it home and tested it for chlorine - it looked just like tap water. Is this really good water to drink. I know that it is supposed to be better because the water is a high ph, but what could be better than drinking purified water which has a ph level of 7.5? Just wondering.

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 06:17:15 PM »
Another skeptic here although it is becoming a fad in our area...  :-\ I'm not convinced alkaline water is all that helpful...

Can't help but remember an acquaintance who drank this water for years and still died suddenly with cancer after only a few months of illness.

Offline snickerdoodle

• Master
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 06:24:40 PM »
During my pregnancy when I had to watch my sugars I was nearly living on meats, eggs, dairy products and veggies.  My ph ran rather alkaline just from eating that diet.  So I guess you could just get rid of the fruit and grains in your diet and do about the same thing.

Oh, and just to test the theory, my midwife asked me to eat more fruits and grains one week late in my pregnancy and guess what... I tested significantly more acid that week. 

(per urine testing...)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 06:26:12 PM by denim&lace »

Offline Leat

• Adept
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2009, 04:00:40 PM »
My in-laws just bought a a Kangen water machine. Will be interesting to see what their results are with it health wise after a few weeks.

Leat

Offline LittleMolly

• Learning
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 12:28:39 PM »
My in-laws just bought a a Kangen water machine. Will be interesting to see what their results are with it health wise after a few weeks.

Leat

I think it's been a while since you posted this so I was hoping you might have some more info to give on the Kangen water.  Did they like it?  We've been talking with someone who is all about the water.  I watched the dvd she gave me and was pretty interested in what it can do.  I'd appreciate hearing what your in-laws experienced with their machine.

Thanks!
Molly

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 12:39:02 PM »
I've gotten to watch several families over the past year or so. Sad to say....their problems haven't gotten any better with the exception of one or two individuals who finally began drinking the necessary amount because of being educated about the importance of hydration and finally having better tasting water than city water.  :P Even their initial improvement has faded.

I have concerns about the way the water is ionized.
The MLM part of it irritates me as well. If the filter could stand on it's own merits they wouldn't need the elaborate marketing scheme.

My current opinion is that it is a very expensive water filter and that the ionization does very little for health. I'm all for filtering most water sources, but you can do that for $50 a year with readily available  faucet or stand alone filters.

Offline LittleMolly

• Learning
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2010, 12:46:46 PM »
Hmm...  I certainly don't think it's a cure-all either.  There is a woman from my husband's work that swears by it and I know he trusts her.  I'll give her a call and see what her first hand experience has been.  It's hard to know what people are just "selling" and what is actually a health benefit.   :P

Thanks for the input! 

Offline Siege

• My avatar is my youngest frying deer tongue!
  • Adept
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2010, 11:13:29 AM »
Sorry guys. I never realized anyone commented on my post! Wow, I missed a lot!

The lady I know who was and still is sold on this water has gotten into some odd things, in my opinion. I think that she and her husband have aged since using the water. They look much older. I don't think it helps their health at all. The ideas behind the water have opened them up to some more dangerous beliefs in my opinion.

I do not think that they are any healthier. In fact, they seem worse to me.

I am sorry that I did not see this before. I guess that is how it goes with no internet. You get out of the habit of looking at WTM every day. :-)