Author Topic: Snow Ice Cream Recipes  (Read 10160 times)

YoopreMama

Snow Ice Cream Recipes
« on: December 03, 2007, 02:05:52 PM »
Anyone ever make Snow Ice Cream ? ;D

We're going to try it tonight, given our abundance of the stuff.  Here's our recipe, WITH a raw egg:

1 c. milk
1 beaten egg
1 t. vanilla
1/2 c. sugar (maple syrup is a GREAT substitute!)

Beat all ingredients well 'til frothy.  Put in large bowl & add enough clean, fresh snow 'til liquid is completely absorbed.  The consistency will be like sherbet...

Hey!  If you've got it, flaunt it !   ;)  :D  8)

P.S.
Another variation from Paula Deen:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_35399,00.html
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 06:47:47 AM by Yooper »

Offline lotsaboys

• Master
Snow Ice Cream Recipes
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 02:37:38 PM »
Anyone ever make Snow Ice Cream ? ;D

My mom use to make this for us when we were kids and so of course I couldn't resist doing it for my boys. :) We put in cream (milk if we don't have cream), maple syrup and vanilla. Sometimes the boys put in a little coloring to make it more cool. 8) I know, bad pun. I like puns. :D

Offline morningglory

• Adept
Re: Snow Ice Cream Recipes
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 03:14:55 PM »
I was just going to post about this!  We're going up north for Christmas, and if we have snow, I want to make some snow ice cream for my husband.  He's never had it, poor Southern boy.  What could I substitute for the milk for my son and I?  We're GFCF.  I thought coconut milk, but that might be too strong a flavor.  Maybe really concentrated rice milk?

Offline ladyhen

• Master
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 03:19:11 PM »
What about using a pureed fruit or fruit juice concentrate instead of milk?   It would be like snow sorbet!  Now I'm eager for more snow so that we can try this! 

We have always blended milk, cream, sugar or syrup, and vanilla to mix with the snow.  It is so yummy and keeps the children very happy for quite awhile.
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;    Titus 2:13

Offline Jemima

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 05:23:28 PM »
Now I can't wait for it to snow again so we have some fresh, clean stuff to try this with!  :)  Sounds yummy.  I like the idea of trying pureed fruit, too. Mmm....

Offline Roehrmomma

• Master
    • Polished cornerstones
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 05:48:04 AM »
Ahhhhhhhhh............

The only blessing to snow......

Snow ice cream

Em

YoopreMama

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 01:41:17 PM »
Oooh....we tried strawberries in tonight's--excellent!  Out of milk, so we used sweetened, condensed milk, egg, vanilla and the berries.  We're trying to freeze the leftovers...we'll see how that goes.  :D

YoopreMama

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2008, 08:58:21 AM »
Bump, b/c we are getting LOTS of snow!!!!!!!!!!  ;D ;D

Offline ladyhen

• Master
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2008, 09:58:19 AM »
Bump, b/c we are getting LOTS of snow!!!!!!!!!!  ;D ;D

I'll be right over.  I'm bringing the cream and syrup.   ;D
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;    Titus 2:13

Offline aTurtleDove

• Master
  • A hurt Swallowtail we found....
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2008, 03:57:21 PM »
 We always made it the "unhealthyy" way! We took Koolaid  packets and mixed them in with a big bowl of snow! It was more of a slushi though! I know we won't be making it around here anymore though, now that we eat healthier! :D
  "Surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Matthew 28:20

Offline BettaGurl3

• I used to be BettaGurl3
  • Master
  • I LOVE HORSES!
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2008, 12:36:55 PM »
We always made it the "unhealthyy" way! We took Koolaid  packets and mixed them in with a big bowl of snow! It was more of a slushi though! I know we won't be making it around here anymore though, now that we eat healthier! :D
That sounds a lot like our version. We just add lemon juice and some Cane Crystals to snow, and we get a Lemonade Slushie! ;D  It actually tastes pretty good. That snow ice cream looks  good!! :o 8) I will have to make some soon.  -bettagurl3

Offline Mama Sita

• Adept
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2008, 05:55:23 AM »
YUM! We have never done this, but I'm thinking we may! Now, to find snow that hasn't been run over a zillion times by old snowmobiles and crazy teen boys.... ;D
"No one stands as tall as a Christian on his knees."
Get $5 off your first iHerb.com order: Code ISA141

YoopreMama

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2009, 06:45:47 AM »
Bump.   8)