Author Topic: stalled labors and slugish uterus-- need help so we can have more children.  (Read 4350 times)

Offline Mamato6

• Mama to a bunch
  • Adept
    • Modest Mama and Me
My labor story is in the birth announcment room but after all of the trouble we had the midwife recommended that we have no more children.  Can I use herbs to fix what is going on with my uteres.  I really would like more children and am not ready to say this is it.

Offline lynn

• Learning
Is your  midwife a lay midwife or a nurse midwife?  How many children have you had?  By your screen name I'm assuming six ;)  How did your other births go? I'm sure your L&D didn't go as you planned but you still had your baby vaginally and I'm assuming without tearing your cervix or having any major probs with clots,ruptured uterus, etc.  I see no reason why you shouldn't have more children if that is what you and your husband desire.  I used to work as a post partum/newborn nurse in a very large city hospital(we delivered over 4000 babies/yr.)  what I would suggest to you is that you find a CNM(certified nurse midwife) who delivers in a birthing center or hospital.  Alot of hospitals are happy to accommodate midwife patients and have wonderful facilities that allow sibs at birth, rooming in,no meds, breast only, etc. Your story though unfortunate, PTL didn't end in tragedy you have a beautiful baby :) You didn't need a C-section and it sounds like your healthy otherwise.  Children are a blessing from the Lord :) and if you want more I wouldn't let one pokey labor stop you!  As far as herbs go Raspberry is a good one, bulk herb store sells a tea especially for mom's you might want to check it out. I'm still fairly new to herbs and such so that's all I know about that ;) Hope this helps, God bless!         

Offline BJ_BOBBI_JO

• Guru
  • I SEE YOU
    • BJ_BOBBI_JO blog
Since I don't know your birth story and judging from the thread title are you saying your uterus just did not want to work fast and correctly during labor and delivery? Was it a long awful labor?

My 1st one was like that. It was so bad that even a year after labor I was determined I would not go threw that again. It was so bad I wanted my husband to bring a gun to the hospital so I could shoot myself in the head and die. I am serious it was that bad. Women who have normal labors do not understand what we who have bad labors go threw. The 1st labor about killed both me and baby.

If there are no herbs that work then know that every labor is differant. The next one could be good but one never knows. I hope you can find some natural means to help that uterus. I was not so lucky and when I got preg the 2nd time the doc said I would be having a c-section and I was literlay praising God for that. So when I went into labor by suprise for baby #2 we all noticed how the labor was progressing just like the last one. They got me into the surgery room and cut me open and I was praying my thanks to God for that.

So if the natural stuff does not work do not be ashamed or afraid to have a c-section if that is what it takes to get out a HEALTHY ALIVE baby and HEALTHY ALIVE  mommy. But I hope some one one here can recommend a good natural healing things to use for the uterus. Red raspberry is a popular one for the uterus but it never worked for me.

Offline Mamato6

• Mama to a bunch
  • Adept
    • Modest Mama and Me
It was a long labor from Tuesday to Sat. morning when we finally delivered.  I stalled at 5 and the pitocin got it moving again but I stalled at 9 and the Dr. finally just streched the cervix over the babies head.  I will be drinking raspberry tea to try and get it toned up again.

Offline lotsaboys

• Master
I read your story, and felt for you. :-* With my baby #8 things got sluggish too, partly due to an anterior lip and partly because I simply didn't have really hard contractions. We ended up in the hospital and I was put on pitocin. I wouldn't have cared too much if I would've died then either. But thank God that part was brief and our 9 lb. baby was born naturally. I was told by some that my body/uterus was getting old and tired and just didn't wanna work right. ::) I didn't believe a word of it. Goodness, I was only 33!

So, when I found out I was pg with #9 I started really reading and researching. That birth ended up being my easiest and fastest! The things I did different than ever before were #1 taking lots of evening primrose oil the last few weeks, #2 taking blue cohosh soon after labor started, #3 doing exercises during labor to keep my pelvis lined up therefore making it better for baby to move down and help the cervix dilate, and #4 going to a hands and knees position for each contraction and that's how I delivered then.

Just keep reading and asking and keep your ears open for helpful things that sound like they would be the solution to your particular needs/problems. HTH. :)

Offline lynn

• Learning
Momto6,
You probably know this already but another thing you can do to tone your uterus is to massage it.  It should be palpable at or two to three fingers beneath your belly button (higher if your bladder is full).  When you find it just massage it gently as often as you can.  Also breast feed, breast feed, breast feed :) this tones everything up nicely too!   Hope all is well and have a wonderful Thanksgiving :D

Offline Mamato6

• Mama to a bunch
  • Adept
    • Modest Mama and Me
I read your story, and felt for you. :-* With my baby #8 things got sluggish too, partly due to an anterior lip and partly because I simply didn't have really hard contractions. We ended up in the hospital and I was put on pitocin. I wouldn't have cared too much if I would've died then either. But thank God that part was brief and our 9 lb. baby was born naturally. I was told by some that my body/uterus was getting old and tired and just didn't wanna work right. ::) I didn't believe a word of it. Goodness, I was only 33!

So, when I found out I was pg with #9 I started really reading and researching. That birth ended up being my easiest and fastest! The things I did different than ever before were #1 taking lots of evening primrose oil the last few weeks, #2 taking blue cohosh soon after labor started, #3 doing exercises during labor to keep my pelvis lined up therefore making it better for baby to move down and help the cervix dilate, and #4 going to a hands and knees position for each contraction and that's how I delivered then.

Just keep reading and asking and keep your ears open for helpful things that sound like they would be the solution to your particular needs/problems. HTH. :)

Thankyou so much for this story.  I am only 29 and I told DH that I am not ready to be done.  I have been having alot of back problems and am wondeirng if I am out of alignment and that is why thing s did not go as we wanted them to. :-\

Offline lotsaboys

• Master

Thankyou so much for this story.  I am only 29 and I told DH that I am not ready to be done.  I have been having alot of back problems and am wondeirng if I am out of alignment and that is why thing s did not go as we wanted them to. :-\

Oh yes- that reminds me that I went to a chiropractor towards the end just to make sure things were in place in my back and pelvis. So I knew I had that covered since I suspected that could've had something to do with it. Good thinkin'. :)