Author Topic: Natural Laundry Soap for Excema  (Read 1607 times)

Offline hopeful

• Wide Eyed
Natural Laundry Soap for Excema
« on: May 14, 2008, 04:50:15 AM »
Hello! I am new here and have been reading the laundry soap making thread with great interest.  I would like to start making my own, but the recipes that I have found use a bar soap, grated. Dove, Ivory, Fels Naptha would all cause my skin to break out. I have switched to Dr. Bronners bar soap. Would this work in a laundry detergent? Has anyone tried it? The ingredients in Dr. Bronner's bar soap are: saponified organic coconut, organic palm and organic olive oils(w/ retained glycerin), water, organic hemp oil,organic jojba oil, salt, citric acid and vitamin E.

I would really like to get started on  laundry soap making. I have been using Seventh Generation Natural Laundry detergent, which has made my skin itchiness go away, but it is breaking the bank! At $10.00 for 33 loads, I need to start making my own!

Offline thus_I_fight

• Adept
    • My xanga page
Re: Natural Laundry Soap for Excema
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 03:38:42 PM »
In healthybratt's original post on the laundry soap thread she just says to use two bars of soap.  Any soap that works and doesn't irritate your skin is fine.  Some soaps work better for laundry than others.  I personally have used plain olive oil soap, goat milk soap, and Ivory.  Use what works.  There are also people that do laundry with no soap at all.  Notice Medonto's recipe at the end of the laundry soap thread.  Also see here http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,18108.msg184411.html#msg184411
Some people apparently use just borax and washing soda.  I see no reason why Dr. Bronner's wouldn't work, but if it bothers your skin, try going without soap.
"I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.  The LORD God is my strength, He will make my feet like deer's feet, and He will make me walk on my high hills." Habakkuk 3:19

Offline mommie

• Master
Re: Natural Laundry Soap for Excema
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 04:04:35 PM »
my dd is super sensitive 23 months...if I use regular tide she breaks out with nasty rash like exzema!! I use:

-1/4 cup dr. b's baby sensitive liquid castille
http://health-beauty.pricegrabber.com/body-cleansers/m/4138145/

-1 cup baking soda

-150 drops nutribiotic GSE

-1 gallon water

1/3 cup per load... shake well before adding ...its not good for stains
Use with cold water ...sometimes I do a 1/4-1/2 cup of vinegar in a downy ball or added at the final rinse

HTH