Author Topic: I lost 25 pounds on the Carbohydrate Addict's Diet  (Read 247149 times)

Offline its_me518

• Adept
  • Check out GenuineAid.com for Natural Health info.
    • Natural Health Blog
Re: I lost 25 pounds on the Carbohydrate Addict's Diet
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2008, 10:11:07 AM »
Ok, ladies. I'm a little (a lot actually) dissapointed.  :-[ I was doing SO well for four days. BUT I only lost 2 pounds. Then on day 4, I binged (did well during the day, but in the evening I lost it). I gained both pounds back. And now I can't lose any. This sucks. I was so excited. But now I'm sad.  :-[ I'm gonna give it another weeks try (but actually stick to it this time) Is this normal? The fact that I only lost 2 pounds? And gained them back within an hour? Ugghh.  ::)

Anyway, just wanted to share my dissappointment.  ::)
http://www.GenuineAid.com is the Natural Health Blog for Nutrients and Benefits of Fruits, Vegetables, Berries, Nuts, Meats, Dairy, Herbs, and other Foods.

Offline BJ_BOBBI_JO

• Guru
  • I SEE YOU
    • BJ_BOBBI_JO blog
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2008, 10:27:59 AM »
Look more towards the loss of fat inches then the loss of weight pounds.  ;)

I can gain and lose several pounds a day. I was told it depends on the bowl contents and all that stuff. You might be suprised and find the scale goes back down the next day or after a trip to the bathroom.

burlsgirl

« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2008, 11:01:46 AM »
Ok, ladies. I'm a little (a lot actually) dissapointed.  :-[ I was doing SO well for four days. BUT I only lost 2 pounds. Then on day 4, I binged (did well during the day, but in the evening I lost it). I gained both pounds back. And now I can't lose any. This sucks. I was so excited. But now I'm sad.  :-[ I'm gonna give it another weeks try (but actually stick to it this time) Is this normal? The fact that I only lost 2 pounds? And gained them back within an hour? Ugghh.  ::)

Anyway, just wanted to share my dissappointment.  ::)

Actually, two pounds a week is a very generous & safe weight loss. There are so many factors, including how much you need to lose in the first place. Also, water weight, and if you are lifting weights.

Also, do the averaging thing they talk about. It's more accurate, though not as fun!! For example, today, the scales show I've lost three pounds on this diet! But, when I average all the weights I took throughout the week, It's only about 1.6.

Yes, I would LOVE to have miraculously dropped five pounds, BUT, I'm totally satisfied with the progress! I do pay attention to the scale, as it's very helpful in keeping me in check. However, again, there are other factors. For me, I love not feeling bloated (fat), I love not craving food all day every day, and I love knowing that however gradually, I AM losing weight!

This week, now that I'm off the "I can eat all I want in an hour" high, I intend to just eat as I normally would during my reward meal, with the addition of something sweet if I want it, and the wonderful addition of NOT feeling guilty for eating something as innocent as brown rice or a potato!  I'm sure that without all the extra binges, I'll do even better next week.

No matter what, I sure feel better, and I'll bet you do, too!! Try not to be too disappointed!

Em
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 04:30:22 PM by burlsgirl »

Offline mama4God

• Learning
« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2008, 03:39:53 PM »
Hey its_me, I also fell prey THIS very evening  :'(  I ate too little at suppertime and was famished when I got home from church!  I ate a ham/cheese sandwich! 

Also, does anyone here know how the water thing works??  Like, I feel rather ill drinking so much water sometimes.........I know it's healthy, and I need to, but........how do you guys (gals!) do it?  Do you just push it in, no matter how you feel?  Or, are you thirsty?

And, I think the heavier you are, the faster you lose "pounds".  Me........umm, I'm really heavy, so 3+ pounds in a few days isn't TOO much (but I'm not telling how much I weigh!  I'll tell you all AFTER I get down to where I need to be.  And that, my friend, will take a while.  :-X )

Looking forward to a fresh start tomorrow,
Sheri
My hope is built on nothing less than JESUS' blood and righteousness!

Offline CountyCork

• Master
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2008, 03:48:00 PM »
Well, I've been watching and reading this thread for a few days and think I need to give this a go.  After several months of chemical free eating, pretty darn healthy all around, but still have some digestive issues as well as a few pounds I'd like to dump that I put on after weaning my baby.

I feel so good when I eat protein and fats and veggies, and tend to feel sluggish and bloated when I put carbs with it or eat too many carbs in general. 

I presented it to hubs and he thinks it looks like a healthy way for the average person to eat, heavy or not, weight concerns or not.  So that was a good endorsement!

Giving it a whirl starting tomorrow.  Would like to feel light and good again.  And regularity would be a HUGE plus.  Am sick of that whole struggle.  Thanks for the good posts and encouragement!

Offline thus_I_fight

• Adept
    • My xanga page
« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2008, 05:30:27 PM »
Ok, ladies. I'm a little (a lot actually) dissapointed.  :-[ I was doing SO well for four days. BUT I only lost 2 pounds. Then on day 4, I binged (did well during the day, but in the evening I lost it). I gained both pounds back.
Oh, hey, this is totally normal (for me, anyway).  I totally went off the diet today.  Basket dinner at Church meeting...um...I'm sure you understand.  ::) I had lost three pounds, and guess what.  They're back.  I always lose weight quickly the first week.  I think it's because that's the bloating/excess water weight that I'm shedding; it comes off really fast, and then further weight loss goes a little slower.  And, since it's so fast to come off, it goes back on mighty fast too, if you break the diet for a day or two.  Don't worry.  You and I can pick ourselves up and start anew tomorrow, and those pounds will come off again.  Hang in there!
"I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.  The LORD God is my strength, He will make my feet like deer's feet, and He will make me walk on my high hills." Habakkuk 3:19

Offline ~CKMom~

• Adept
« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2008, 04:31:47 AM »
Just a quick note to say that I have received a lot of information from this board:  http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/other-plans/554513-carbohydrate-addict-s-diet-summer.html#post10278013

You will see a lot of ways women are tweaking the program, and how it works and doesn't work for them.  This is a "safe" board; everyone is supportive and I haven't noted any "inappropriate" language at all.

Hope this helps!

Offline RunAmokFarm

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • Naturally-reared, moderately-sized Aussie puppies!
    • RunAmok Farm * Moderately-sized Australian Shepherds
« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2008, 05:15:45 AM »
Ok, beginning of day 4.  I seem to be doing pretty well... even though I STILL haven't received my book!  I have been trying to stay "closer" to Atkins, just because I am already completely familiar, and it is easy for me - at least until I read through the book.

This is what I have done so far:

Day 1
Breakfast -- 1 can of sardines (yeah, I know - not my favorite, but tolerable!) and a couple scrambled eggs with leftover steak slices and 2 slices of cheese. 

Lunch -- Was still pretty "full", but had a small piece of roast, with a few pieces of cooked cauliflower/broccoli.

Dinner -- Garden Salad with chicken, 2 cherry tomatoes, and 2 TBS .  No "reward".  Carb cravings were getting tough, by the end of the day - but again, that is because I was going really low carb.

Day 2
Breakfast -- 3 scrambled eggs with a couple slices of cheese again and one piece of bacon.  I knew better than to eat the bacon, as it gave me a headache.  Ugh.

Lunch -- Medium salad with cheese and 1 TBS ranch dressing.

Dinner -- (This is where it gets "good"!  ;D)  We ate out, at a buffet.  I had a TERRIFIC, large salad with egg, cheese, red onion slices, 5-6 different types of lettuce, 1 TBS dressing.  It was excellent - and it was a whole plate full.  I then went for my "real" dinner - ha.  I had a small piece of steak (1/3 deck of cards), 1 chicken leg, green beans, a small piece of CORNBREAD (would not do that with Atkins!)... and a dessert!  I had a small bowl with 1/4 cup peach cobbler + 1/4 cup apple crisp + 1/2 cup frozen vanilla yogurt. YUMMMMMMMY!

Yesterday, was a "slim" meal day, for breakfast and lunch - we were really busy -- so... 
Day 3
Breakfast -- Container of sardines for breakfast.  (I wasn't even hungry after eating those, so that was my whole breakfast.)  Oh, and a tsp of coconut oil.  Felt a little tired/woozy after a couple hours, had a bit of a headache (like when I have done Atkins before) but then felt better soon after. :P

Lunch -- 3 sticks of string cheese for a snack/lunch (surprisingly, that "filled" me up and I wasn't hungry or craving anything until shortly before dinner!?)

Dinner -- A really yummy salad, a good-sized roast dinner, with a very small portion of mashed potatoes, some cooked onions, a couple cooked baby carrots, some celery sticks, cucumber slices... and a 1/2 cup of a chocolate malt milkshake!  I was stuffed to almost rolling...

PROGRESS:
After 3 days of this "diet" (this is the morning of my 4 day), I weighed myself this morning, and appear to have lost 5 pounds!  Obviously, that will fluctuate a bit, but "HEY!!" it gives me hope - LOL!  (For me, Atkins really helps drop the pounds quickly - but I think the freedom to eat a little goodie will help keep me going on this new WOE.)  I am also incorporating some of what we all learned on the WTM diet... so watching calorie intake a bit, as well as eating "good" fat.   

The first day or two, I was feeling some carb cravings that were pretty intense - but those have subsided a bit.  I am having a couple boiled eggs this morning with a half-can of salmon.  Not sure what I will have for lunch, but if the salmon is "good", I may make a salmon salad?   ::)  If we don't have to run to town this evening, I think we will have turkey (or hamburger?) for dinner -- My dessert will be blueberries with heavy whipped cream, instead of an empty dessert like I had the last two nights.

Not too shabby!  The good thing is that if we do "flub", we can get right back into eating healthy... so for the ladies who are feeling depressed -- DON'T BE!   ;D ;D
J
NR Australian Shepherds & SARF consultations
www.runamokfarm.com
Custom Pyrography (woodburning)
www.jaquemchenry.com

Offline its_me518

• Adept
    • Natural Health Blog
« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2008, 10:01:43 AM »
Ah!!  ;D Its so encouraging to read this thread!! You guys did really help me not feel so depressed about it. Thanks!!  ;D

I did restart today again. I am really hoping/praying that I will be able to stick to it now.

I guess the excitement went away when I wasn't losing as much weight as all the other people (you know, the ones losing 1 pound per day? ) I wanted to lose that much. But you're right. ANY gradual decrease in weigh is GREAT cuz at least its not gaining... but still, I wanna see the numbers go down.  ::) I will try to be more realistic.

Its great to read how the rest of you are succeeding. Keep going ladies!!
http://www.GenuineAid.com is the Natural Health Blog for Nutrients and Benefits of Fruits, Vegetables, Berries, Nuts, Meats, Dairy, Herbs, and other Foods.

Offline mama4God

• Learning
« Reply #69 on: August 11, 2008, 03:51:04 PM »
Got my book today (yippeeee!) and had a great reward meal tonight.......I'm learning alot in this book (I got the CAD book).  It is amazing how FULL I got at my reward meal tonight.  I honestly COULD NOT eat more!   >:(  But, then I thought, hey, the numbers are still coming down, I feel great, why stuff myself!?

My hubby is real keen on me doing this, and my happy attitude!  This helps me tremendously.  Plus, there's no extra money going for "meetings" and the like.

Thank you, thank you, for helping me find HELP. You guys are awesome.

This was day 4 for me........and I'm looking forward to the many days to come!
Sheri :)

Offline Jesuslovinmomma

• Learning
« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2008, 07:40:14 PM »
This all sounds like what I need... Any additional tips or suggestions for a nursing mom doing this? I plan on getting the book. Thank you all for the info and encouragement!

burlsgirl

« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2008, 02:18:35 AM »
Well, just thought I'd let y'all in on something else I've learned on this diet.

I never  really knew what retaining water "felt" like. BUT, since I've been on this diet, I've had only my coffee w/ cream w/ breakfast, then water or black coffee rest of the day. Maybe a Diet Coke w/ reward meal.

ANYway, yesterday, we were out & about a lot, and I ended up drinking diet coke's basically all day. YUK. Now this morning, I'm up a pound and all bloaty (I know, not a word). It has to be the diet sodas, b/c the rest of my eating was good.

So, there's that! Lesson learned.

I hope everyone will continue to post on what is working (or not) for them. It's great to see everyone's experiences!

Have a great day!

Offline its_me518

• Adept
    • Natural Health Blog
« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2008, 06:56:40 AM »
Its great to hear that everyone is doing great.   ;D

burlsgirl,
I just wanted to make sure of something. You do know that DIET pop/soda is really bad for you, right? Its just that you keep drinking them, I was wondering if you knew or not?

Since diet soda is made with artificial sweetners, here's a little info from my Carb Addict's Book:

If you are a carb addict, sugar substitutes can raise your insulin levels, increase you insulin resistance, and cause greater blood sugar swings than almost any other food or beverage.

On another note, can one of you tell me what this "averaging" weight loss is all about? I haven't come across it in my book. It seems like most of us have different books, or maybe its just me. I have The Carbohydrate Addict's Healthy Heart Program. What about the rest of you?

Well, have a great day, and keep up the motivation!!  ;D

Offline RunAmokFarm

• Global Moderator
  • Master
« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2008, 07:12:47 AM »
Well, I was scared to weigh myself this morning... but I am excited to report I have "lost" 7 pounds!!  Again, this will likely fluctuate a bit, but am feeling very positive.  

Yesterday, I had:

Breakfast -- 2 hardboiled eggs and a whole can of salmon, mixed with 1 heaping tablespoon of mayo.  (Kind of an egg salad sandwich... without the toast.)   ;D  I was quite "full" until lunch.

Lunch -- 3 slices of cheese and a LOT of water.  I was busy, and the Cheddar/mozza cheese sticks from the day before had worked well, so went with this idea again!  After a few minutes, my craving for food went away, and I felt "full" and quite content until late afternoon.

Dinner -- We did end up in town, so waited until I was good and hungry... and got a LAME chicken salad from Arbys.  It was not very big, only had a couple small pieces of chicken... and I didn't realize all the ingredients (whole handful of cranberries - which I could have had, but decided against since they were likely pretty high on the carb list).  It also came with Raspberry vinagarette, so had to change dressing TWICE.  The second dressing was low-fat Ranch with 15 carbs, so switched again for regular.)  Argh.  Tiny bit of lettuce, a few tomatoes...  :(   I did eat some of the meat out of a "leftover" sandwich as well, so while it wasn't a super filling meal, it took the edge off my hunger and with a glass of tea, I was pretty ok.  (REALLY wanted one of those turnovers for about 5 minutes though!!   ;D)

Anyway, I am actually enjoying a pretty contented feeling when I look back.  I haven't been very hungry, and my cravings have been pretty easy to deal with.  I have found when I start feeling hungry, I can stave off the feeling by drinking plain, iced tea - or a large glass of water.  Gets me by for another hour or so and helps regulate my calorie intake too.

I don't "want" to eat the extra allotment, and though I have had dessert a couple times this week, I have the ability to refuse sweets and feel good about it.  In control.  The desserts I did have were "within reason" and helped me feel pleased with my efforts.  :)

Sorry for rambling, but this is helping me keep on track as well - and maybe will help someone "tweak" their diet.  I will be changing mine a bit over the next week, as I am looking forward to having some blueberries and whipped cream, strawberries and whipped cream... and a little more peach cobbler.  hehe
J  

www.runamokfarm.com
www.jaquemchenry.com

Offline BJ_BOBBI_JO

• Guru
  • I SEE YOU
    • BJ_BOBBI_JO blog
« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2008, 07:16:56 AM »
This all sounds like what I need... Any additional tips or suggestions for a nursing mom doing this? I plan on getting the book. Thank you all for the info and encouragement!

I was nursing when I 1st started this. It did not seem to affect anything. I would think it was even better for my  baby because I was eating lots of veggies. And I was also sure to eat  fat and protein since I read babies need those as well. Like eggs. lots of hard boiled eggs. Cheese, nuts and seeds and meat.

Offline BJ_BOBBI_JO

• Guru
  • I SEE YOU
    • BJ_BOBBI_JO blog
« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2008, 07:28:30 AM »
I don't have a scale so I don't know how my progress is going. But I am drinking golden rod tea in addition to this diet to help get rid of water weight. By the way the goldenrod plants are now beginning to bloom their yellow flowers here soon so watch out for them.

This thread has been a blessing to me because I fell off the ban wagon from this low carb life style back in 2003 when my last pregnancy fried my pancreas and made me sicker then ever for the rest of my life. I had to stop doing this diet due to I had to be put on a fast acting insulin that also required me to eat at least some small amounts of carbs throughout the day to keep my sugar stable because without the fast acting insulin I die. But I have been at least some what low carbing but not as low as I need to.

So it is kind of hard on me now because there are times when my sugars go low and I must eat a carb to bring it back up, And that triggers my carb cravings feelings and I often go down hill from there.  It is like the domino affect where if I eat just 1 carb when it is not my reward meal time I will cave in and keep eating carbs for the rest of the day.

But I am trying to stick to the idea of only having carbs at my reward meal ( for me supper) only. And when I do have a low sugar throughout the day time I try to only eat a small amount of carbs to bring it back up. Carbs are killing me but I must have them to live. Oh what to do?

I feel better tho. I feel less bogged down.

Offline ~CKMom~

• Adept
« Reply #76 on: August 12, 2008, 07:50:25 AM »
I feel for you - I don't struggle with my sugars that way.  The only suggestion that I would make is to make sure that you do eat some protein along with the carb to keep it from being an abrupt sugar spike.  I've read on another board that many people, once they're in the swing of things, find that their sugar levels even out with a low carb way of eating.  I hope this works for you!

About the Diet Coke thing:  I was addicted to Diet Coke/Pepsi when I started this.  I probably drank at least 1, if not 2 quarts a day.  I went completely cold turkey on pop.  I did crave it for a few days, but I was amazed at how quickly I got over it.  Now, even when I could occasionally have it w/ my RM, I'm not willing to drink it because I 'feel' different when I do.  Now, I drink mostly water and plain iced tea (can you believe it, plain iced tea!  Go figure!).  Recently I did something for a friend, and she brought me her standard thank you gift to me - a 32-oz Diet Coke!  That's been a standard with us for years!  I didn't have the heart to tell her I usually don't drink it anymore.  When she asks how I'm losing weight, then I'll explain! :D

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2008, 08:23:30 AM »
Couple thoughts here.

BJ I have "diabetic" stamped on my forehead just waiting for the moment it can spring on me.  I had pancreas damage from pancreatitis which will always put me at risk.  One thing I have learned is to ALWAYS eat a protein when I eat a carb so my sugar doesn't spike only to drop too low again.  One carb is 25gms. and one protein is 15gms.  The carb will bring your low sugar up right away and the protein will sustain it for several hours until you eat again.  That is what you want.  NEVER eat a carb alone to bring your BS up.  You always need to put the two together.  *If* you do this, I promise you, the cravings will not be the same and will make this diet easier.  So follow the diet as much as you can, and when you need the carbs for a LBS situation, do it the way I said above and you will find that you'll be fine. 

The diet coke/pepsi..... ladies I don't know if I can stress this enough to you.  Nutrasweet is literally deadly.  I nearly died from pancreatitis CAUSED by nutrasweet.  As stated above, I'm now a diabetic in waiting (and fighting it tooth and nail) as a result.  You would be better off having the calories and real sugar in a regular soda (which is bad enough for one's health) then to subject your body to artificial sweetner.  If any of you are like me you're saying, "na, it won't happen to me."  Yeah, I said the same thing when my husband told me to stop drinking that crap and I didn't.  My disobedience (and not really believing it was THAT bad) caused a life long issue.  Trust me when I tell you, it's NOT worth no calories to have a diet coke.  Better yet, just dump the soda - even as a reward. 

My .02 worth!   ;D

patti
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline CountyCork

• Master
« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2008, 08:24:57 AM »
Lunch was good today.  A scoop of tuna salad (mayo, celery, onion, salt, tuna), sliced cukes with dill and salt, some gouda cheese slices, and a few stalks of celery with peanut butter.  I had 3 fried eggs for breakfast.  Dinner will be roast chicken, some new potatoes, garden tomatoes, and a green salad.
Yesterday was the first day, no difference on scale today, but the eating felt good and I never felt sluggish digestively!

burlsgirl

« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2008, 08:29:45 AM »

About the Diet Coke thing:  I was addicted to Diet Coke/Pepsi when I started this.  I probably drank at least 1, if not 2 quarts a day.  I went completely cold turkey on pop.  I did crave it for a few days, but I was amazed at how quickly I got over it.  Now, even when I could occasionally have it w/ my RM, I'm not willing to drink it because I 'feel' different when I do.  Now, I drink mostly water and plain iced tea (can you believe it, plain iced tea!  Go figure!).  Recently I did something for a friend, and she brought me her standard thank you gift to me - a 32-oz Diet Coke!  That's been a standard with us for years!  I didn't have the heart to tell her I usually don't drink it anymore.  When she asks how I'm losing weight, then I'll explain! :D

LOL! I have the same "tradition" with one friend of mine! I bring her Coke, though!

Anyway, I TOTALLY know how bad it is for me! I've read all the studies, etc... Not to mention the way they make me feel (foggy brain)... So it's not lack of knowledge, it's a total addiction.

I have noticed that on this diet, I drink so much water. I don't know why, usually I hate water, but I just naturally reach for it. If dh brings home a Diet Pepsi, I'll drink it at the reward meal, or if we're at someone else's home & they offer it to me, but otherwise, I've not missed them so much. And  considering I use to drink them ALL day, that's huge progress!

Yesterday, when I drank like 3, was more typical of how I used to be.

So thanks for sharing your testimony about the sodas. Encouraging!! And BJ, thanks for sharing your experience.

So far today, I've had a fried egg for breakfast, with coffee. Speaking of coffee, I don't want the cream anymore. Makes it feel "heavy". Today is the second day I've dumped over half my coffee down the drain!

For lunch I ate a big spinach/romaine salad w/ egg, bacon, cheese, mushrooms, & homemade ranch.

Dinner tonight is one of our faves and it's naturally low carb, so I'm excited about that! I'm toying with the idea of making an apple or blueberry crisp, but I don't know...

CC, so glad to see you!

Offline CountyCork

• Master
« Reply #80 on: August 12, 2008, 08:37:29 AM »
Hi Emily!  You too!  And I say make that dessert and have a bit. 

When I saw you all talking about diet pop I wanted to put my hands over my ears and say "la la la I am not listening to you" because I LOVE DIET PEPSI.  It's the only junk I still consume.  But I drink 1-2 20oz bottles per WEEK rather than per day.  It's a treat now.

Have you all heard that your body recognizes nutrasweet as an incomplete sugar and therefore treats it as a sugar and the lack of calories makes no difference?  I had a nutritionist tell me that.  But I still can't make my way clear to 200 cals of hfcs!  So I guess a diet pop or two a week might be ok?  I'm trying to sell it to myself.  It seems like a treat, which is purely psychological, I know.  IT's not about caffeine, it's about sweet and bubbles and all that.

Hmmmmmmmmm . . . heaven will be nice with no calories and perfect bodies!

Offline Pennie

• Master
« Reply #81 on: August 12, 2008, 08:40:41 AM »
Emily, would you like water better with a little lemon squeezed in it? 
I am following this thread, not really doing this diet but it has reminded be how good I feel and how well low carb works for me.  I know some people "poo poo" the eat right for your blood type and again I don't FOLLOW that but all the ways they say are right for my blood type have worked for me in the past w/o me knowing about the blood type diet.  Does that make sense?

Offline leslieincali

• Adept
« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2008, 10:29:49 AM »
I started this diet yesterday. I will be bold and put my weight on here. Yesterday I weighed 146. I need to be no more than 130 to feel healthy. I'm on the shorter side. 125 would be lovely. This morning I weighed ...... 146. >:( I did have a huge piece of choc. cake with my reward meal and fudged on the coffee thing. My book says no more than 2 oz of milk and coffee should be finished w/in 15 minutes. That's going to be a hard one. I used cream this morning with no carbs, but I like to savor my coffee throughout the morning.

Today I exercised. I hope to see some loss tomorrow. Oh and I also did not drink enough water yesterday. I plan to make my reward meal nourishing traditions style as much as possible and only have desert a couple times a week.

I'm not sure I'll keep eating this way the rest of my life though. I can see it being very do-able most days with the occasional alter. After I lose the 15-20 pounds, I might switch over to the Maker's Diet/ Eat Fat Lose Fat way of eating and see how I feel and if the scale starts to creep back up.

One more thing, I felt lousy yesterday. I have more energy today, but feel a little dizzy every now and then. 

Offline mama4God

• Learning
« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2008, 04:01:08 PM »
Hi!  To answer its_me's question about averaging weight, I just read the book (CAD) and we are supposed to weigh ourselves daily, around the same time of day and wearing the same thing (or nothing, like they recommend).  Write it down every day.  Then when you have 7 days, just add all the weights, and then divide by 7 to get your average.  This, they say and I believe, is to rule out the "high" or "low" extreme days.  I am finding this to be true.  Yesterday I was down 2........today gained a half back.  Lots of factors.

I'm still amazed at how well I feel!  I NEVER could fast more than half a day, I would get migraines like crazy.  Now, I feel great throughout the day.  I again ate a little too much at my RM, but still, it's way less than normal for me, so I look forward to decreasing that meal tomorrow. 

I'm still doing 2 eggs, either scrambled or fried, with bacon, 1-2 pieces and a coffee with 2oz. milk for breakfast.  And funny thing, I too am having to dump some of my coffee!  It's just too much! 

Loving it,
Sheri

Offline RunAmokFarm

• Global Moderator
  • Master
« Reply #84 on: August 12, 2008, 06:14:41 PM »
I have to say I am really feeling GOOD today!  I haven't been feeling "punky" for a couple days now... and feel satisfied with my food intake -- and I am eating a lot less than I normally do.   ;D

I forgot to mention in my previous posts, I have been drinking a large amount of water, and at least 16 - 32 oz of plain iced tea each day.  Wow, do I feel good... but I have to pee way more often too.   :D

My meals for today (Don't worry, I will get bored and quit posting what I am eating at some point soon -  ;)  LOL)

Breakfast -- A mixed green salad with 1 slice of cheese, two hardboiled eggs, and 1 TBS ranch dressing.  

Snack -- 2 mozzarella cheese sticks, 16 oz iced tea.

Late Lunch/Early Dinner --  (YAY!!)  Nice-sized salad with cucumber slices, a few olives, cheddar cheese and ranch dressing.  Followed by: Baked chicken thigh, about 2-3 oz of broiled fish, 2 oz steak, 1/2 cooked carrot, 3 brussel sprouts, a medium piece of CORNBREAD (YUM!!)... and a 1/2 cup of peach cobbler + 1/2 cup frozen vanilla yogurt.

Tomorrow, I will be more thoughtful with my reward meal (as in more greens, less empty calorie dessert)  ;D

Note: We ate at around 3:30 this afternoon - it is nearly 6 hours later, and I still feel content.  No cravings to speak of, and food doesn't even sound appealing.  Not "full", not "bloated"... just really content.   :)  Also, my energy level is really good, and I have not felt headachey, nor have I had a stomach ache (which I always get when eating higher-carb foods).  
J
www.runamokfarm.com
www.jaquemchenry.com

burlsgirl

« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2008, 01:54:53 AM »
  RunAmokFarm, your'e the woman!! I hope you DON'T get bored too soon, b/c I love seeing what you're eating each day. Although your breakfasts make me laugh!  :D

I was wondering, do you weigh every day or just once a week? Right now I'm weighing every day, and it's beginning to be depressing!  :D

I'm wondering if my "day of the sodas" has really thrown me off or if I'm doing something wrong. I was doing GREAT, feeling great, until night before last, when I started to feel all "bloaty", then yesterday I just felt plain fat. And a little "snacky", too!  >:( >:( It was the first day since starting this diet that I'd even REMOTELY felt that way.

Anyway, my scales aren't moving, so I've got to tweak this some way. I HAVE started drinking lots more water, and I went ALL day w/out a diet drink yesterday (didn't even miss it)! One thing I know I'm going to do is fore go the cream in my morning coffee. For one thing, if I can't sip on it all morning b/c of the 15 minute time limit, I'd just as soon not bother! I've been going over that limit, only to end up pouring it out. And lately, it's just not been good to me; feels heavy or something. And I think I'll try eating more breakfast?

Ideas, anyone??

Oh, I almost forgot. I used to be a subscriber to Menu Mailers. They have a low-carb version that has some great meals on it, with shopping lists and everything. At the time I was using them, my dh didn't even realize the meals were LC. Anyway, I just got an email giving past subscribers 25% off, so I renewed. I'm excited! The regular price is great, too (3 mos./ $9.99) if anyone is interested.

www.savingdinner.com

« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 02:08:53 AM by burlsgirl »

Offline leslieincali

• Adept
« Reply #86 on: August 13, 2008, 02:03:15 AM »
Well, my scale still said 146 this morning. I'm going to give it a solid week and see if anything changes. I'm enjoying the reward meal too much to quit so soon. :P I started back at the gym yesterday. I hope that jump starts something. One interesting thing to note this morning is that 1 1/2 cups of coffee seems to be enough. That's progress. I need a new scale. Mine is all over the place. I hope a new digital scale doesn't cause me "gain" weight!

Offline CountyCork

• Master
« Reply #87 on: August 13, 2008, 02:42:27 AM »
I was down two pounds today!

My personal input about this diet.  No matter what, you still have to use up more calories than you take in.  That reward meal sounds good, but it's pretty easy to pig out and take in a lot of calories, no matter what their theory is.  And by eating your bulk of calories in the evening, when your metabolism slows and you are heading to bed shortly is never a good idea.

Both of my reward dinners have included some carbs, but not tons.  And last night I didn't do any sweet thing with it.  Just chicken, a combo of potatoes, tomatoes and onions, and a large salad.  Plenty of food, a full plate, and complete fullness on my part.

If you're stuck or having trouble losing, I'd consider doing the reward meal at noon and having your dinner be lighter.  Through many years of dieting with both failure and success, the lighter I eat in the evening, the better I sleep and the happier the scale is.  I know there are many different theories out there, but this one proves to be true for me.

I don't understand the "coffee in 15 minutes deal."  I drink black coffee always.  And I had it twice yesterday, both times taking an hour or more to drink a cup or two.  What's the fast coffee theory?

Don't be discouraged, ladies!  And drink 3-4 quarts of water per day!

Offline mama4God

• Learning
« Reply #88 on: August 13, 2008, 02:59:03 AM »
I totally agree with using more calories than what you eat.  My scale was still up a half pound this morning, and I think it was because a friend came over yesterday with her kids and we sat and talked (a rare commodity for me!) much of the morning. 

So, today I have some errands to run, but I need also to freeze tomato sauce and do some garden work, so I will spend more energy than yesterday and think that will put me back on track.  But hey, I'm still 5 pounds less than a week ago, hoorah!!!  ;D

Oh, about lemon in the water, I read in the CAD book that they say you can use lemon/lime juice only at the Compl. Meals, so I wouldn't add it to water throughout the day.

Plus, I just realized I was supposed to be eating veggies at breakfast........that is a little weird for me, but today I crunched 2 fresh cucumbers from the garden before I let myself eat my egg/bacon/coffee.  I also decreased my coffee amount and it was quite sufficient.   ;D  It is GREAT not to be hungry all the time!!! 

Sheri

Offline leslieincali

• Adept
« Reply #89 on: August 13, 2008, 03:15:18 AM »
I may have an old version. Mine does not say anything about eating veggies for breakfast. It also says that no more than 2 oz of milk can be added to coffee, but it must be completed within 15 minutes. I think it means because of the added milk. Black coffee is listed as a possible drink for all meals.