Author Topic: Hip/joint pain relief ideas  (Read 9956 times)

Offline 1bolinha

• Learning
  • Live Jesus!
    • Rancho del Rey Church
Hip/joint pain relief ideas
« on: October 10, 2007, 03:35:13 PM »
My husband is having pain in both hip joints whether sitting or standing.  It has been suggested to use Cod Liver Oil and/or Evening Primrose Oil to reduce inflammation.  I need help with this please-

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Re: Hip/joint pain relief ideas
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 06:36:41 PM »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline 1bolinha

• Learning
  • Live Jesus!
    • Rancho del Rey Church
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 06:48:09 PM »
The CLO and EPO are working fabulouly for him.  The pain decreased within 48 hours and it has eliminated the need for otc pain relievers.  Pass it on!

My husband is having pain in both hip joints whether sitting or standing.  It has been suggested to use Cod Liver Oil and/or Evening Primrose Oil to reduce inflammation.  I need help with this please-

Inflammation & Diet [Recommended Dosages & Diet]
Inflammation & Diet [Diseases Related to Inflammation]
Essential Fatty Acid (EFA) Daily Intake Log: Schedules & Effects
Boosting Your Immune System: Avoiding Illness
Optimal Joint Health
Sprains, Torn Ligaments & Injured Joints

Offline ~esposita~

• Master
    • Family Fotos
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 03:37:38 AM »
My uneducated suggestion is to try Omega Balance 3-6-9 and Aloe Vera Gels, both from Beeyoutiful.com.

Omega Balance helped me with hip probs,and the Aloe Vera helps DH with joint (knee) pain.

HTH!!
My attempt at blogging:  The Carpenter's Wife

Offline 1bolinha

• Learning
  • Live Jesus!
    • Rancho del Rey Church
chronic bursitis
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 05:51:44 PM »
Would this former reply also treat my bursitis?  I have been taking CLO/EPO's since the date of your reply to my husband's hip pain, and it worked magic for him in 48 hours.  There has been no change for me.  I am currently taking 2 EPO (1,000 mg ea.) per day and 4 CLO (850mg ea) per day.  I have suffered with bursitis pain for two years.  Also, is there any significant difference in taking Fish Oil as a CLO substitute?  I ask this because there is lots of Vits. A, and D in the Super Mom from Beeyoutiful.com, and I am considereing trying this product.  I am currently using Bon Ami daily.  Thanks.

Optimal Joint Health

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Re: chronic bursitis
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 06:24:13 AM »
Would this former reply also treat my bursitis?  I have been taking CLO/EPO's since the date of your reply to my husband's hip pain, and it worked magic for him in 48 hours.  There has been no change for me.  I am currently taking 2 EPO (1,000 mg ea.) per day and 4 CLO (850mg ea) per day.  I have suffered with bursitis pain for two years.  Also, is there any significant difference in taking Fish Oil as a CLO substitute?  I ask this because there is lots of Vits. A, and D in the Super Mom from Beeyoutiful.com, and I am considereing trying this product.  I am currently using Bon Ami daily.  Thanks.

The mgs of EPO and CLO are not significant.  You need to count the mgs of EPA, GLA.  The link I previously gave with dosages has much more detailed information and I suggest you read through it, but the short of it is that if you get too much GLA and not enough EPA, according to the author you could actually cause yourself more pain & inflammation instead of less.  Also, based on my own experience, you may need to double or triple your dosages for a short time in order to reduce the inflammation.  I went to triple the amount recommended by the author for a healthy person.  Within a couple of days, I showed vast improvement over previously only taking double.  This really ups your caloric intake, so it's not something I would do indefinitely, but for short term inflammation, it might be necessary. 

As far as your concerns about the vit's A & D.  The staff at Beeyoutiful has assured us many times that A & D in their Super products are water soluable and can be wasted if in abundance.  The vitamin A in the CLO may be a concern, but be sure and read the following link before you make your calculations, as the evidence presented differs from the general believe about vitamin's A & D.

Vitamin A Toxicity:  Fact or Fiction
Vitamin D:  When, Why, Where & How Much
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 06:28:50 AM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline 1bolinha

• Learning
  • Live Jesus!
    • Rancho del Rey Church
Hip/joint pain relief ideas
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2007, 07:45:04 AM »
Update--Thanks for this information.  I am using your recommended higher doses and still have so no decrease in pain but think it may take more time as I have had pain for quite some time.  I am also drinking aloe juice grown here locally--one cup/day.  If you have any more ideas, let me know. May the Lord bless you abundantly!

The CLO and EPO are working fabulouly for him.  The pain decreased within 48 hours and it has eliminated the need for otc pain relievers.  Pass it on!

Optimal Joint Health

Offline prairiechild

• Adept
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2007, 08:22:07 AM »
I recently heard my naturopath recommend curcumin as an anti-inflammatory.

Offline tipibuildermom

• Learning
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 04:58:19 PM »
Our newspaper's 'healthy options' section suggested the following for joint/muscle pain:

1 envelope Certa (yes, what you use for canning!)
64 oz of white grape juice
Combine. Dry 1/2 cup daily.

White grape juice did not taste good - regular grape or natural apple juice taste good and also relieve the pain. It seems to be working for me. Also, try avoiding the nightshade family of foods- eggplant, tomatoes, green pepper, and potatoes. This has helped both my mother and I tremendously.

Offline charlesroland

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2011, 08:07:45 PM »
Its better to take more quantity of vitamins and calcium for keeping joints healthy and strong. More proten can cause to increase the acid in ladies. So for ladies calcium is really required for getting rid of all these problems. If anyone is facing the problem of joint pain then i suggest to use fruits with rich in vitamin C. Vitamin D is also required for keeping bone strong. Sun rays is the better source for this.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 08:12:25 PM by charlesroland »