Author Topic: Skirt Pattern Anyone?  (Read 86553 times)

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Re: Skirt Pattern Anyone?
« Reply #120 on: December 09, 2007, 01:36:27 PM »
Thanks everyone.  I've known how to sew for years, but pattern making is another story.  Thanks to all of you, I was able to design and make a skirt with stuff/remnants I had around the house.  ;D  Here's the pics.  The 3rd one is my daughter standing over the heat vent.  I thought it was hilarious.

click to enlarge

My favorite herb book!!

Offline Mrs. B

• Master
« Reply #121 on: December 09, 2007, 02:30:02 PM »
The 3rd one is my daughter standing over the heat vent.  I thought it was hilarious.

I looked at the pictures before reading the text and was wondering if in picture #3 if that was the look you were going for.... ;D

Offline Melie

• Master
« Reply #122 on: December 09, 2007, 03:21:35 PM »
#3 looks like a layered cake.

Thanks everyone.  I've known how to sew for years, but pattern making is another story.  Thanks to all of you, I was able to design and make a skirt with stuff/remnants I had around the house.  ;D  Here's the pics.  The 3rd one is my daughter standing over the heat vent.  I thought it was hilarious.

click to enlarge

Offline GarlicMomma

• Adept
  • My dd took this one in late summer in TN.
« Reply #123 on: December 29, 2007, 01:31:50 PM »
I just want to say I just made the skirt from this site this afternoon:

http://www.xanga.com/connimom/549154186/how-to-make-a-wrap-skirt---part-1-cutting.html

And I recommend it. It is a simple semi circle hemmed with a waistband attached. Sewing is a breeze.

It is the first wrap around skirt I have owned that will not show anything in the breeze.

Offline sweetestday

• Adept
« Reply #124 on: December 29, 2007, 04:54:15 PM »
I just want to say I just made the skirt from this site this afternoon:

http://www.xanga.com/connimom/549154186/how-to-make-a-wrap-skirt---part-1-cutting.html

And I recommend it. It is a simple semi circle hemmed with a waistband attached. Sewing is a breeze.

It is the first wrap around skirt I have owned that will not show anything in the breeze.

I've made several, because I loved mine that my hubby ordered for me over the internet. They were very easy for me, and I have done hardly any sewing... besides baby diapers and slings. I made one for my pregnant friend, too, as they make great maternity skirts.

Offline sweetestday

• Adept
« Reply #125 on: February 17, 2008, 01:08:19 PM »
I just found this site from another forum....
Thought these were kind of cute:
http://www.craftsofchaddsford.com/denimbroomskirt.htm

Offline Mrs. B

• Master
« Reply #126 on: February 17, 2008, 04:11:12 PM »
I just found this site from another forum....
Thought these were kind of cute:
http://www.craftsofchaddsford.com/denimbroomskirt.htm
My dd had one similar to this that had the bottom layer of fabric sewn to the jeans with the jean raw edge left exposed... it was a nice effect..

Offline Kati*did

• Master
« Reply #127 on: March 24, 2008, 08:47:32 AM »
I love dancing and so I like skirts that are really swirly and "gypsy"  ;D.  I found a really simple tutorial for a flamenco skirt that is SO pretty and thought someone here might like it, too:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=3905
"...plain Kate, and bonny Kate, and sometimes Kate the curst..."

Offline girly

• Adept
« Reply #128 on: April 09, 2008, 10:17:55 AM »
I have a girlfriend who is starting to explore skirt wearing.  She's currently pregnant and new to sewing.  She wants to start sewing some skirts for herself but it isn't always easy to start learning how to follow a pattern and get a good wearable result.  She's not had luck finding skirts in the stores.  I'd like to make her a simple skirt if anyone has a link to some maternity skirt patterns online.  Thanks.

I love dancing and so I like skirts that are really swirly and "gypsy"  ;D.  I found a really simple tutorial for a flamenco skirt that is SO pretty and thought someone here might like it, too:

I love this skirt, I'm going to have to look at that pattern.  Thanks for sharing!

Offline ladyhen

• Master
« Reply #129 on: April 09, 2008, 10:52:12 AM »
I have a girlfriend who is starting to explore skirt wearing.  She's currently pregnant and new to sewing.  She wants to start sewing some skirts for herself but it isn't always easy to start learning how to follow a pattern and get a good wearable result.  She's not had luck finding skirts in the stores.  I'd like to make her a simple skirt if anyone has a link to some maternity skirt patterns online.  Thanks.

I love this skirt, I'm going to have to look at that pattern.  Thanks for sharing!

This site has some simple, gathered skirts that would work for maternity.   'Course, I'm one of those 'long and full' skirt people. 
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;    Titus 2:13

Offline sweetestday

• Adept
« Reply #130 on: December 08, 2009, 10:43:47 AM »
Do any of you have a pattern for a roomy-ankle-length skirt? Id like to know any way I can about this through either sites you could recommend or your own used patterns that I could purchase, or old skirts you are done with even!  :D 

I have a friend who put some great, detailed instructions on her website. 

Here is the link:  http://www.xanga.com/connimom

Once you get there, underneath her picture are the directions.  They are on the left hand side of the page.  It is a wrap skirt like the ones that have been mentioned on here. 

She's great and you'll love her too!!! 

I made a few of these skirts several years ago, and really like the pattern. I don't know why I never printed it off, but now her site is shut down. Does anyone have the directions to make that wrap skirt that she had on her site? It's identical to the one on the Tznuis site. Thanks!

Offline ~esposita~

• Master
    • Family Fotos
« Reply #131 on: December 09, 2009, 01:14:12 AM »
Yes.  I've made a couple of those skirts!  It would take a lot of brain power for me to describe the specific details to make the skirt; I am far from a seamstress.  But, I do have the dimensions to cut.

You know how to fold it, yes?  Well, the small, inner circle is on a 14" radius.  The larger circle would be on a 50 - 56" radius, depending on how long you want it; I usually cut it at 51" to allow for hem, yielding 36" length.

Let me know if you need more info!
My attempt at blogging:  The Carpenter's Wife

Offline sweetestday

• Adept
« Reply #132 on: December 09, 2009, 06:32:20 PM »
Yes.  I've made a couple of those skirts!  It would take a lot of brain power for me to describe the specific details to make the skirt; I am far from a seamstress.  But, I do have the dimensions to cut.

You know how to fold it, yes?  Well, the small, inner circle is on a 14" radius.  The larger circle would be on a 50 - 56" radius, depending on how long you want it; I usually cut it at 51" to allow for hem, yielding 36" length.

Let me know if you need more info!

Thank you very much!!!