Author Topic: Chiropractors & Antibiotics  (Read 1782 times)

Offline *MommaJo*

• Master
Chiropractors & Antibiotics
« on: July 11, 2006, 10:59:45 AM »
I don't have much medical knowledge but chiropractic care seems to make sense to me.  I've recently begun taking my boys (ages 2 1/2 and 7 months).  The Chiropractor suggested that I put my boys on a dietary supplement called Lactozyme (by Biotics Research Corp.)  His reason for this is because they've both been on an antibiotic in the past for ear infections.  Something to do with the bacteria in their intestines, I think.  Is Lactozyme familiar to anyone?  I havn't given them to the boys yet, because I wasn't sure about it.  What do you all think?  Should I crush them up and sprinkle them on their food?  Or is it not necessary at all?

Offline dara

• Master
Re: Chiropractors & Antibiotics
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 02:09:38 PM »
Probiotics are a good idea after a person has been on antibiotics. If you type the word probiotics in the search engine on this site, you will get lots of info. I would highly recomend mixing them in your kids' food to help their systems get back in balance.
"Write your hurts in the sand
and grave your blessings in stone."

Offline kcs79sun

• Learning
Re: Chiropractors & Antibiotics
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 03:30:24 PM »
Yes probiotics are good but I don't know anything about the specific brand you mentioned.  Read The Maker's Diet by Jordan Rubin - he talks about them or check out their web site at www.makersdiet.com.