Author Topic: Lung Cleansing  (Read 35152 times)

Offline T

• Adept
    • Red Umbrella Cosmetics
Re: Lung Cleansing
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2009, 05:02:09 AM »
You might check out the thread on using Colloidal Silver in a nebulizer for killing fungus.  We had great success with that concerning croup...my son hasn't had it in two years since we did it several times.  Bacteria doesn't survive in the presence of silver so it might be the next step for the particular type of lung cleansing they need.  I've not read anything about lobelia killing fungus or healing in that way.  Just that it is a relaxant and enmetic.  There is much more out there than I have read, though, I'm sure!

Offline Jade

• Adept
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2009, 05:17:59 AM »
Have you considered trying using an essential oil in a diffuser? Several essential oils are considered anti-fungal, including Lemon Eucalyptus and Cedarwood. As to whether or not it would be a good idea to deliberately inhale these for lung cleansing purposes, I have no idea.

Here is a page listing several essential oils that are anti-fungal. Perhaps you could do a little research and find out which essential oils are safe for use in a nebulizer. http://www.naturesgift.com/antifungal.htm
"I walk without flinching through the burning cathedral of the summer.  My bank of wild grass is majestic and full of music.  It is a fire that solitude presses against my lips."  ~Violette Leduc

Offline AllinHisTime

• Adept
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2009, 09:17:34 PM »
Thanks for the replies!!  I will pass the info along.  I have never heard of doing Colloidal silver in a nebulizer!  I have considered for our home the essential oil diffusers for the safety of it all plus I love so many essential oil smells.  I much prefer those over the harmful sprays anyday. 

Anymore ideas.....just keep them coming :) 
A truth's initial commotion is directly proportional to how deeply the lie was believed...When a well packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.-- Dresden James

Offline DHW

• Adept
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2009, 02:43:51 PM »

Offline montanna

• Learning
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2009, 05:43:04 AM »
So do you all think Lobelia would work for my children. We have a 2 yr old that has been sick with a cough off and on since we moved the first week in November. Our 5 month old is starting the dry cough now and the 5 yr old only has a little bit of a cough. I've been rubbing them down with garlic, Eclyputus and golden seal everynight. Humidifier in thier room and ours. Probiotic and some tinctures too. I really don't want to go to the dr. I just know they'll give anitboitic, but I"m ready to have my kids healthy again.

Offline T

• Adept
    • Red Umbrella Cosmetics
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2009, 06:00:12 AM »
I would check out the magnesium thread...I am reading a book called 'The Miracle of Magnesium' and it points to magnesium opening up the airways and a low level of it mimicking asthma.  I'd look into saline solution or CS in a nebulizer and then I'd research a little and maybe give my kids a peppermint/lobelia tea.  I'm more likely to err on the safe side with my kids and try the 'hard' stuff as a last resort.  I know you want to get any phlegm out and lobelia will stop the cough and open up the passages but since they are so young I think I'd start with the other (it does not taste good and they might not drink it, too).  That is ONLY my opinion from MY experience...do what's right for you :).   You might also add the lobleia to their nightly rub tonic.  It might not cause nausea that way???

Have you looked into something in your new home causing allergies or have you moved to a totally new climate and/or environment?

Offline montanna

• Learning
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2009, 06:18:28 AM »
We moved about three hours away, but it's a whole new state and it feels SO dry here! I feel like our humidifiers do nothing. I'm also wondering how to get my hands on a nebulizer without going to the dr.  Sigh....

Offline T

• Adept
    • Red Umbrella Cosmetics
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2009, 06:44:17 AM »
We moved about three hours away, but it's a whole new state and it feels SO dry here! I feel like our humidifiers do nothing. I'm also wondering how to get my hands on a nebulizer without going to the dr.  Sigh....

I think you can buy them at a pharmacy or maybe on line.  If you have ins. it may pay for it if you get it from the Dr.  I went to the Dr. and told him what I wanted and that I only want saline solution for it.  He gave it to me with a prescription for the steroid, too.  I did have it filled in case of an emergency situation.  My little guy almost had to go to the ER once with croup.  Since using the CS in it, we haven't needed it.  It is amazing.  I'm sure he partly outgrew it but I do believe it cleared a lot of gunk out of there.  Also, check your humidifiers...they can put mold and bacteria into the air.  You may even want to put some CS in the water.  GSE would work, too or maybe TTO.

Hope they feel better and you find the SOURCE of the problem!

Offline montanna

• Learning
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2009, 08:37:15 AM »
My sister-in-law worked on our rental house for us before we moved (painting and carpet). She did say there was mold, but that she cloraxed(?) it and painted over it with kills paint. I'm wondering if that was enough. Now the baby's cough sounds deeper.  :'( I went to our hfs here it is small, but they seem to have a pretty good selection. I found Dr. Christopher's lung and bronichal. I'm going to give it a whirl and hope and pray that my little ones get well. I'd much rather be sick than have my lil' ones sick.

Offline T

• Adept
    • Red Umbrella Cosmetics
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2009, 08:50:38 AM »
Unfortunately, that sounds like your source.  I'd look for mold in more hidden places and see if it can be dealt with and I'd PRAY over every room and ask God to kill the mold and/or give you options of other places to live.  I'm sorry your dealling with this!  Also, your humidifiers may be feeding the mold.  You may want to turn them off altogether. 

Offline montanna

• Learning
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2009, 09:41:47 AM »
Really our humidifiers could be helping mold. Well I will need to increase my faith and prayers. I just found out our insurance is totally out of pocket until we reach $5000. Think I am really supposed to be learning something from this move there have been lots of trials.

Offline T

• Adept
    • Red Umbrella Cosmetics
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2009, 02:03:04 PM »
Mold likes wet areas and the more 'wet' you put into the air, the more you feed the mold.  I think there is a verse about mustard seed faith  ;) and you probably have more than that so maybe you just need to plan on a miracle  ;D  I know He provides what we need and maybe it would be ok to go ahead with the lobelia and use what God IS providing.  I know His advice is better than mine.

Offline ArmyWife

• Adept
    • the Kirkland Family
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2009, 11:42:09 AM »
Anyone have some suggestions for clearing out my lungs while pregnant?  I'm 38 wks, and am wondering if the lobelia would be ok since I'm full term.  Also, my 2 yo dd also needs help clearing out her lungs.  I've been giving her small doses of lobelia in juice just to help your coughs be more productive.
Feel free to visit our family blogspot!  http://toddandannakirkland.blogspot.com

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2009, 11:19:24 AM »
I posted this on another thread but just realized that I should have posted it here as well. The org question was if anybody had taken comfrey long term & if there were any problems.

Thank you! These are exactly the kind of answers I was looking for. It's always nice to hear that someone else has tried it and hasn't dropped dead yet.  ;D

As far as using comfrey internally & not dropping dead, my mom used comfrey root internally in large amounts daily for a year & then a smaller amount daily for another year after that. That was during 1991 & 2 (before the warning came out) & she lived with no apparent liver damage until she passed away from fungal breast cancer in 2007. If it had trashed her liver I'm sure it would have shown up sometime- either during the time she was taking it or during the 15 years she lived after she used it.

My mom had been in 2 serious home fires in a short period & it had badly damaged her lungs. She had to be propped up when she was in bed or she couldn't breath & just talking was enough to leave her short of breath. The Drs had told her that nothing could be done, that she would just have to live with it & she would end up with Emphysema, on oxygen & would probably die from it. 

I lived in another state & the only 2 herb books I owned at the time were Today's Herbal Health & ABC Herbal. We didn't have a health food store near by so I couldn't research product lines (pre-internet) & I was fairly new to herbs so I didn't know what to recommend but knew there HAD to be herbs that would help. By the grace of God I had a pamphlet from ONE herb company that described all of their formulas. It just happened to be Nature's Herbs which bases most of their formulas on Dr Christopher's formulas. The names back then for many herbal formulas wasn't as much of a clue as to what the formula is used for as they tend to be now so I had to go through each formula's ingredient's in my books until I figured out which formula she needed. She once I narrowed it down to CL 7 (which I realized later stands for Clear Lungs & the formula has 7 herbs) & told her over the phone to get ONLY that brand, that formula b/c I had NO idea what else might be a good choice.  ;) ::)

The formula now contains Mullein Leaves, Chickweed Herb, Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark, White Pine Bark, Elecampane Root and Hyssop but then it contained comfrey & I 99% sure that it was the first ingred. Also, I know that it contained only 7 herbs even then- I'm pretty sure that it's the Elecampane that's replaced the comfrey so it's still 7 herbs.

Per the instructions in my herb books she took 4 caps 4 times a day. At 16 caps a day she went through a 100 ct bottle every 6 days which added up in price but it was SO worth it. Within a short time she started coughing up black, sooty goop that smelled like smoke which was hard on her but as more of that junk got out of her lungs her breathing improved.  :D Within a few months she didn't need to be propped on bunches of pillows to sleep, talking didn't leave her short of breath, etc.

She took 16 caps a day for a full year. After that she took 4 at bedtime for another year. By the end of the 2 years the only time she had problems was if she got exposed to a lot of dust (dust had bothered her for years before this) or was around A LOT of ciggy smoke. From the near the end of the fist year treatment until she passed away most of the time she lived with anywhere from 1 to several smokers that unfortunately all smoked in the house. Even with all that she could handle the normal amount of second hand smoke even as early as the second year of treating it- it was only if there was a lot of smoke that she would wheeze. When that happened she would get out of the smoke & take 4 CL 7 & the wheezing would go away. She always kept CL 7 around for a few years in case she needed it but eventually she didn't need it any more at all.   

So that's our experience with it for what it's worth. Blessings ~herbalmom

Offline Jemima

• Adept
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2010, 10:14:46 AM »
I'm posting this several places because I really advice.

Our 7 mo. old son has had a cough for 2 1/2 months. It started with a rattley chest, (lasted about a month) then started coughing quite a bit, and lots of runny nose. My other children were treated for whooping cough at the time baby's rattle started, and the dr put baby on the antibiotics too. (So the whole family, myself included were on a 5 day antibiotic round of Zyrtec).

Baby did not show any signs of improvement while on antbtx - tho' he didn't seem "sick", just a rattle in his chest when he breathed. (yay for useless drugs! :P )

I'm concerned now, because he is STILL coughing, still has the deep rattle, and still has a snotty nose most of the time. I dread bringing him in and getting MORE antibiotics, but I feel like I must do something for him... He acts normal, otherwise, and has not had breathing issues at all. Please advise! :)

Offline T

• Adept
    • Red Umbrella Cosmetics
« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2010, 12:41:42 PM »
Maybe this will help...maybe not...but my guy has a yucky nose and cough right now and I've got an essential oil nebulizer going in his room at night with a mixture of clove, lemon, and eucalyptis EOs.  It's supposed to even kill pneumonia.  He coughed alot last night when I ran it and I think it was the stuff loosening.  My old standby is always colloidal silver or saline solution in a mask nebulizer.  If he'll let you, a garlic enema always nips congestion in the bud.  Hope something works!  There are also sage, lobelia, mullein and nettle tea combinations.  You'll need to see if those are ok for one that small, though.  Have a Merry Christmas!