Author Topic: kidney flush for CAT scans?  (Read 4001 times)

Offline smithzonian

• Adept
kidney flush for CAT scans?
« on: September 23, 2007, 09:53:19 AM »
**URGENT QUESTION***
My little Kemuel (2 months old) has to have a CAT scan tomorrow morning.  We had an appointment with the surgeon Thursday and Kemeul's heart is shifting to the right again.  He needs CAT scan to see if his tumor is still there .  It may be inflating with air and pushing his heart over.
When Kemuel was born, she told me that she would only do a CAT scan if she felt surgery was inevitable because the IV contrast they use is toxic to the kidneys.  :'(  Well, here we are needing one as soon as possible.  Poor little one.  Do any of you know of any way to help flush his kidneys?  I'm kind of hoping they can run some extra IV fluids to get it out of his system.  But what can I do once I get him home?  He is exclusively breastfed.
Please pray God's protection over his kidney-and also for the results.  If there's any way-that he would be spared from chest surgery.  Also, pray for me to not be afraid.

Thanks everyone!
Da
Wife to Patrick
Mother to Karina, Keenan, Kyra, Kainos, and Kemuel
My blog  www.xanga.com/smithzonian
www.xanga.com/prayforKemuel

I HAVE A BREATHTAKING VIEW OF HIS GRACE

Offline ladyhen

• Master
Re: kidney flush for CAT scans?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 10:05:57 AM »
Know that we are taking him and your family before the LORD.  ~c
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;    Titus 2:13

Offline smithzonian

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 02:51:14 PM »
Thank you.
Wife to Patrick
Mother to Karina, Keenan, Kyra, Kainos, and Kemuel
My blog  www.xanga.com/smithzonian
www.xanga.com/prayforKemuel

I HAVE A BREATHTAKING VIEW OF HIS GRACE

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 02:56:21 PM »
I know what you are feeling!  It is so hard to watch our little ones go through hospital tests.  How nerving it can be.
My son had what your son will have, I believe.  It is the dye that they inject into the body that will show up on CAT scans and MRI's, right?  I couldn't find anything on the net about the dangers of it, until about two months after my son had the process done.  He is still alive.  ;)
I did give him herbs that helped flush his urinary and kidneys:  dandelion, marshmallow, lemongrass, uvi ursi.  But since your son is nursing, maybe you could drink these things and just prepare to use the bathroom, yourself,  a lot!  :D
Good luck with the testing!  He is in God's hands, so do not fear.  :-*

YoopreMama

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 03:03:30 PM »
I'll be praying, too.  This is an interesting topic for me--my daughter had this done as an infant (we had a new doctor who was quick to do tests--she had a UTI to "warrant" this).  I didn't think about the dye being toxic...that was WAY before WTM.  I wonder if I should do anything now?  Guess it couldn't hurt...