Author Topic: angina pains  (Read 5587 times)

Offline naturalmom

• Adept
angina pains
« on: September 18, 2007, 04:57:48 AM »
i believe i have been having angina pains for awhile now
has anyone else ever had this pains and taken something natural to help out
i am just a wee bit frightened but also know that
FEAR=false evidence appearing real ;)
"If we ever forget that we're One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under."  by Ronald Reagan
In God I Trust
My Intro

Offline Mrs. Davis

• Mrs. Davis
  • Adept
    • New Life Birth Services
Re: angina pains
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 09:35:00 AM »
A few years back I was having horrible chest pains.  They were happening more and more.  Then, the evening before my dad was to have a quadruple bypass, I had them worse than ever.  I chalked it up to being scared for my dad.  They continued off and on for the next week so I went to the Dr.  They found nothing.  Eventually, the pains cleared up.  Recently, I had them again.  In doing research on calcium supplements, I found that being low in magnesium can result in pains in the chest!  I have upped my intake and it seems to help.

For me, the fear was worse than the pain, so I know what you mean!

Offline Wing

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 10:04:39 AM »
I've had this since I was a teenager.  I started filling capsules with cayenne pepper and try to take them everyday.  Sometimes if I forget to take them regularly I will have the chest pains, so I take a capsule and the pain/tightness is gone immediately.  Also I have just sprinkled some powdered cayenne in water and drank it, and the pain disappears.  The Bulk Herb Store has a really good book called Left for Dead that explains the cayenne-heart connection.  From what I have read the only reason you should not take cayenne is if you have bad ulcers or bad acid reflux (that would really burn).  Otherwise it is really good for your circulation, heart, digestion, energy, etc. and it really gets rid of those chest pains fast.  I believe Dr. Christopher said that if he saw someone having a heart attack, he would FIRST give them cayenne and SECOND call 911, as cayenne has been known to stop heart attacks.

Offline naturalmom

• Adept
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 05:19:36 AM »
thank u so much for responding to my post
it helps ease my mind a bit, i thought maybe i was looking at a HA and i never want one of those
i have a health book that i go by and the doc in there said the same thing about cayene pepper and i have used it before for other things
i am so grateful that u two responded
i am fixing to go away for 10 days with a girlfriend and hopefully i can come back and be relaxed about the pains
thanks again
"If we ever forget that we're One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under."  by Ronald Reagan
In God I Trust
My Intro

YoopreMama

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 04:58:19 PM »
Bump.

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 01:56:09 AM »
How active is your lifestyle?  Would you consider yourself in a sedentary lifestyle? Do you have an aerobic exercise program? 
I've had problems with heart "glooping". I know, it sounds weird, but it is supposedly a murmur type thing that causes pain/discomfort. Especially at night, and made it difficult breathing.
When I started doing crossfit exercises(you can google to find them), I noticed that I hadn't had those types of pains. Then, when I had stopped my exercises I noticed the pains came back. HTH!

YoopreMama

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 02:02:41 AM »
I'm asking on behalf of a friend's mother...so I don't know those answers, but maybe she'll see this and reply.  :)

Offline Mama Sita

• Adept
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 03:53:58 AM »
  In doing research on calcium supplements, I found that being low in magnesium can result in pains in the chest!  I have upped my intake and it seems to help.

Yes, Mrs. D is right!!! Magnesium deficiency is definitely linked to angina and heart-type pain. I have had similar scary experiences of angina, especially during times of high stress! Went to the clinic, and they found nothing--told me it was stress!!! ("But here's a big bill anyway to add to your stress...." >:()

THEN, I found Natural Calm! This is absolutely great stuff--it is a very highly absorbably form of magnesium and it helps w/other stuff, as we've discovered: migraines, restless leg syndrome and SLEEP! I take it when I feel my chest starting to "twinge" or hurt (stress-related) and honestly, I feel better in about 10 min. Then, I know to bump my magnesium levels and lower my stress levels thru exercise, praying, etc.

Swanson vitamins has a pretty good price on it, but I don't think they carry the orange flavor. I think they have Raspberry-Lemon, which we haven't tried yet, but soon will.  :)
"No one stands as tall as a Christian on his knees."
Get $5 off your first iHerb.com order: Code ISA141

Offline kittyninja

• KITTYNINJA
  • Master
    • blogger
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2010, 09:21:00 AM »
I just wanted to say that I know a few women who have gone to the Dr. and ER for chest pains and to FINALLY find out that they have costochondritis- myself included. Essentially it's inflammation of the muscles around the sternum. I developed mine apparently from side nursing and lugging around big babies and pulling the muscles there. The pain is quite severe and can even be felt in the arm that is why many women think they are having a heart attack. My Dr. said that more and more women (especially childbearing ones) are developing this. Anyways- just a thought.
kn