Author Topic: foamy reflux?  (Read 6401 times)

Offline chiquis

• Learning
foamy reflux?
« on: September 17, 2007, 06:36:16 AM »

Hi! I hope I am posting this topic/question in the right place.

My hubby several months ago, started having this foamy reflux , he went to the doctor,and he prescribed (hope this is a word) :-[ him  antacid i think, it help just a little, but, comes and goes still, but now he says that every time it happens, is too much. he thinks its maybe because he is always worriyng, and is under much stress at work, and  maybe this is causing stress in his stomach.
I don't don't know what to tell him, do you think that magnesium would help?, I used this while  I was pregnant every time I got acid reflux and it helped a LOT.
what could be causing this?   ???
There is no higher calling in life than raising the CHILDREN God has trusted in your care.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Re: foamy reflux?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 07:00:49 AM »

I did a google search on foamy reflux and this is what I found.

Candida esophagitis may manifest as tiny nodules, polypoid folds, or a lacy appearance in the esophagus. Other patients with scleroderma or achalasia may have a foamy esophagus with innumerable bubbles layering out in the barium column as a result of a yeast form of the infection (see Image 3).

Epidemiology

Infection by Candida species is the most common cause of infectious esophagitis. Major predisposing factors include antibiotic use, radiation therapy or chemotherapy, hematologic malignancies, and AIDS. Other conditions associated with an increased incidence of Candida esophagitis include esophageal stasis, alcoholism, malnutrition, and advanced age. Occasionally, Candida esophagitis can occur in otherwise healthy individuals with no underlying esophageal or systemic disease.

from http://www.emedicine.com/radio/topic897.htm

This article would suggest to me that your husband needs to treat for candida.

Candida / Yeast: Symptoms & Cures
Candida Cleanse Without Supplements
Foods to Eat While Fighting Candida
Natural Antifungals
Fighting Candida w/o Sugar [Carb] Restrictions
Candida Albicans vs Other Yeasts: Are All Yeasts Created Equal
Die-Off from Candida/Yeast: Causes, Effects, Risks & Reduction
Leaky Gut:  The Cause of it All?
I Think I Have Candida and/or Leaky Gut:  What Now?

My favorite herb book!!

Offline chiquis

• Learning
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 07:45:47 AM »

Thany you so much HB, Sorry i could not thank you earlier,  but right after i posted, i had trouble with my computer, anyway, i was also suspecting the same thing, but just wanted a 2nd opinion from a more knowleagable person, the hardest thing would be getting hubby to cut his sugar intake, anyway, do you think that taking, YA and Tummy tune up, would be a good? he agree to try to take garlic once a day, he says he doesn't want to stink, so he will take it at night, what else would you recommend, he is kind of open to herbs right now and i want to take advantage of the oportunity :) thank you again for taking the time.
There is no higher calling in life than raising the CHILDREN God has trusted in your care.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 06:02:22 AM »

Thany you so much HB, Sorry i could not thank you earlier,  but right after i posted, i had trouble with my computer, anyway, i was also suspecting the same thing, but just wanted a 2nd opinion from a more knowleagable person, the hardest thing would be getting hubby to cut his sugar intake, anyway, do you think that taking, YA and Tummy tune up, would be a good? he agree to try to take garlic once a day, he says he doesn't want to stink, so he will take it at night, what else would you recommend, he is kind of open to herbs right now and i want to take advantage of the oportunity :) thank you again for taking the time.
If he takes a high quality garlic supplement or fresh garlic daily it won't matter what time of day he takes it, because he will smell like garlic.  ;D

YA and TT would be a good start if you can afford the supplements and "not smelling like garlic" is important to your husband.  If he has a significant sugar intake (sodas, desserts, breads, pastas and potatoes), then it will be very long, tedious and difficult to rid him of candida.  If he would consent to a low carb diet (30 carbs per day) for a minimum of two weeks and longer as he is willing or able, it will go a long way in his treatment.  After the initial 2-4 weeks of no carbs, he will begin to lose his taste for them and find that he needs and desires them less and less (especially the unhealthy ones like corn syrup - BLUCK! :P)

Read the links I provided on the steps to rid the gut of candida and leaky gut.  They give many other links and alternatives to consider for treatment and the explanations of why each step is important.

If he's a big soda drinker, consider learning to make kombucha and attempt to substitute this for soda whenever he is willing.  This went a long way to reducing my husband's soda intake.  It's carbonated and it takes a bit of practice to get it tasting just the way you (or hubby) likes it, but once the taste for it develops, the taste buds will tolerate a greater variety of sweet/tartness in your individual batches. 
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 06:04:35 AM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!