Author Topic: Husband with aches and pains....quick responses needed  (Read 5400 times)

Offline Mrs.Michael

• Adept
Husband with aches and pains....quick responses needed
« on: May 24, 2007, 06:01:03 AM »
Hi,

I suppose Men's Health was the correct place to put this...
any quick responses would be nice..Ive only got a limited amount of time with the PC today  :D

My husband is 26 years old..but you wouldent think it by hearing him talk..
He has ALOT of muscular pain...in his back/chest/and joint pain in the knees and elbows.

I am Pretty sure this has to be something food/diet related.

Try as I might...He loves a frozen pizza and chineese food.

He is so rundown and tired....and I feel badly for him...but I dont have anyway of convincing him that his diet is whats doing this (Im nearly 100% convinced....correct me if you think im wrong)

If any of you have any Ideas of some small changes we could make that would help....such as a vitamin...or a supplement or whatever to help with his fatuige.....

After coming home last night aching, he said "See if you cant get on there and see what those WTM ladies have to say"

I have a feeling your opinions will be taken a little more seriously than mine  ;D

thank you in advance for your help!

Faith

Offline Whiterock

• Jesus Knows Me, This I Love
  • Guru
  • Eph 6:16
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
Re: Husband with aches and pains....quick responses needed
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 06:12:24 AM »
My first thought is to try and eliminate MSG. Also, does he drink diet sodas? If so, cut those out too.
WR
Who Needs God?

My Blog - Yarb d'Farb Knarb Check out the Wellness Wednesday tag for your health-related blog posts!

Offline Mrs.Michael

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 06:16:47 AM »
we are actually ...mainly water drinkers....that and he LOVESS chocolate milk (he makes it with 2% (homogonized and pasturized....ick) and chocolate syrup)    (I know i know...you can all start yelling at me now  ;) ) But thats only once a week ....maybe. generally speaking its mostly water...

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 06:38:06 AM »
See this link:

http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,2698.0.html

There will not be an easy fix for his pain. It took him 26 years to get into the shape he is in. It may take a couple of years of cleansing and diet change to totally turn his health around. But it is possible - and not too expensive. Follow the links!

Rebekah
Honey Sunny in complete exasperation:
"JOE!!! You DOUGHNUT COCONUT COCONUT COCONUT!!!"

Offline hedy

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 10:04:39 AM »
Could Lymes be a possibility?

Offline SC

• Guru
  • Ephesians 5:2
    • Lexington Slim
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 10:22:11 AM »
Faith, you sound like you have a very determined leader in your husband. I have one also.

I have found that one sure way to make sure my man digs in his heels and continues along a certain path is for me to encourage him to go another way. For my husband, the issue becomes less what is right or wrong, but whether or not I have confidence in his leadership abilities and am loyal to his decisions. Especially if he is feeling bad physically, I have found my dh relishes proving that I am not his mother and he doesn't have to listen to me. I refuse to answer any questions about how long it took me to learn THAT lesson!

So, if his malady is diet related, I would guess that one way to make sure he continues to ache and hurt is to continue to 'discuss' his poor diet with him. Each time you do, he will likely be that much more determined to not change. I had a friend once who was married to such a command man that she would pray for someone else to advise him if he was making an unwise decision. All he really wanted and needed from her was to be respected and admired.

Over time my friend (and I also) learned that God is able to help our husbands figure out things for themselves using methods other than 'enlightenment' from their wives.

Regarding his aches and pains, one thing he might try is to consume organic apple cider vinegar several times a day. Place 1 or 2 tablespoons in an 8 oz glass of filtered water and sweeten with honey (or drink it straight). This will help pull excess (unbound) lactic acid from the muscles and joints. An ACV tonic daily often helps arthritis symptoms as well.

Who knows? If that helps, he might decide to consider some dietary changes.  ;)
I'm no doctor . . .             I'm not even a Post hole Digger! ;)
See what works for me at LexingtonSlim.com

Offline Janacat

• Adept
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007, 10:36:06 AM »
What kind of work does your husband do? My husband does heating and air installs. Bad knees run in the family as well as high blood pressure and heart problems and cholesterol. Look at his family history. My husband just turned 39 but at 32 his body was already feeling old after the few short  years of physical labor. Fish oil is good for nerves and joints. Glucosamine for joints. He should be getting proper proteins and calcium. Spirulina has many good health benefits. to sum up make sure he takes a good whole food vitamin and mineral supplement. Mild excercise is also beneficial. I recently was diagnosed with arthritis in my knee, 6 or seven 1/2 hour phys ther sessions and I was good as new! Just needed to strengthen my weak muscles! I take fish oil (Carlson labs) and spirulina, seems to help my overall well being. Of course, your doctor should be involved, there may be a medical issue that you would not want to miss. Then, you can go from there on other alternative cures. Sometimes doctor's don't have all the answers, but  God did equip certain people with those gifts. Good luck!

Offline babymakers

• Adept
    • Babeemakers
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2007, 03:36:40 PM »
My DH used to have osteo arthritis and was achey EVERY DAY also. He loved soda and hot pockets and all that. When he decided to give up soda and we stopped using white sugar most of his aches went away. The only place he ached after that was in his back. A few trips to the chiropractor fixed that and today he is ache/arthritis free.
Visit my-

eBay Store, and <a href="http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/babymakers/ ">blog[/url].

Offline Farm Wife

• Adept
  • 24 years (still newlyweds) with 2 beautiful boys
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2007, 04:50:33 AM »
Has anyone tried the static pain relief? You rub a painter's mit on a piece of PVC pipe and apply to area of pain. Has anyone tried the Glucosamine creams like Dr. Janet's? My sister-in-law says it works but i wonder if it is placebo effect.
Susan
Ephesian 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God, Not of works lest any man should boast. :)

Offline lovey1029

• Learning
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2007, 04:30:08 PM »
Some consistent doses of glyconutrients will improve his quality of life.  I understand when hubby doesn't feel well.  Mine was very sick with bladder problems years ago and since starting to support his body with glyconutrients, he has had no reoccurring problems, praise the Lord.  We continue to take this food supplement even today and educate people about this huge technology to the cells full-time.  We are here to help answer your questions!

Doug and Amy Stroup, thankful parents of 7
McDonough, GA
www.livingsugars.com
www.mannapages.com/dougstroup
770-898-1075
doug@livingsugars.com (email)