Author Topic: Blue Vervain to complete miscarriage  (Read 6084 times)

Offline Aisha

• Wide Eyed
Blue Vervain to complete miscarriage
« on: September 14, 2007, 07:18:47 PM »
Is anyone familar with the use of Blue Vervain to complete a miscarriage? I have to make a decision soon regarding completion of this miscarriage.  I am researching the use of this as recommended by a certified master herbalist.   My midwife is not familar with it , but is comfortable with me trying this first before doing something more drastic.  I am trying to understand what to expect in terms of pain level, lenghth of duration of the process and after effects.   I am told that there is less painful cramping and it is a gentler process over alll.   I am seeking any input/wisdom you may have.   Including personal experience with this method or any other "more natural" solutions. 

Aisha

Offline PreachersWife

• Learning
Re: Blue Vervain to complete miscarriage
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 08:32:03 PM »
Hi Aisha,

How far along are you?  I would imagine this would have an impact on what you would choose to do.  I have never used Blue Vervain, but I did have a miscarriage about a year ago.  We knew I was losing the baby at 8 or 9 weeks, and the dr gave me several options.  I chose to just wait it out and never took anything.  The final cramping began around 7 pm on a Saturday night and was like a medium / bad menstrual cycle.  For the next hour I passed several blood clots, and finally about 8 pm I passed what I knew was the baby, and about 5 minutes later, what I figured was the afterbirth.

Don't know if this is helpful, but I thought I would just share my experience to let you know that it wasn't all that bad.  (The worst part is simply losing the baby.)  The pain only lasted about an hour, and afterward I was a little tired, but felt fine other than that.  I actually told my dh that I felt "like a new person" afterward.  I could just tell that everything was the way it was supposed to be on the inside.  I hope everything works out for you, as well.  I will be praying for you during this time.

Hopefully someone else will be able to post their experience with Blue Vervain.

Offline new2herbs

• Learning
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 01:09:53 PM »
I am interested in any updates on this post.  I have just started to miscarry my 5th pregnancy. This has never happened to me before, so I do not really know what to expect.  I did go to my Dr. and she said it could take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks to complete the miscarriage.  I have had some heavy bleeding today, but mostly just light bleeding.  My DD has a bday this weekend, so I am hoping I can pass everything before then. Any helpful hints would be much appreciated! The only herb I found so far was red raspberry.  Thanks for your help!

Offline WithLoveAndJoy

• Master
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 03:17:49 PM »
I am so very much sorry for your loss.  I recently miscarried and had a lot of trouble with it starting and stopping with bleeding before I passed anything.  My midwife gave me a tincture of cotton root bark.  I was to take one dropper full in a small shot glass of water every fifteen minutes for between 3 to 6 hours, or until cramping and bleeding commenced.  It worked very well for me. 

Cotton Root bark tincture may be hard to find, I don't know.  I just know that my midwife gave me the bottle she had.

I will pray for you :-(
Visit my blog and see my deals for the week :)

http://homemakersresource.blogspot.com/

Offline new2herbs

• Learning
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 03:26:36 PM »
Thank you so much!  I will see if i can find any tomorrow!!

Offline WithLoveAndJoy

• Master
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 07:18:47 PM »
Did you have any luck finding the tincture?  How are you doing. I hope that things are going ok for you!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 07:20:20 PM by WithLoveAndJoy »
Visit my blog and see my deals for the week :)

http://homemakersresource.blogspot.com/

Offline LoveSunflowers

• Master
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2008, 05:16:30 AM »
I will start by saying I have no experience with these herbs but read this in a book by Dr. Christopher. I have had success with every combination on things I've tried that he has recommended.
Mix three parts false unicorn root and one part lobelia. Use 1 tsp. per cup of water to make a tea and drink a cup every half hour. After the bleeding has stop take it every hour for the rest of the day and then three times a day for three days. These herbs will stop a miscarriage if it is a viable pregnancy but will also help pass the baby if the baby is already dead.
There are testimonies of woman who were having miscarriages and after taking this combination, carried their babies to full term. There are also stories of woman that lost babies but when seen by a doctor, the doctor was impressed at how well the baby passed.
I plan on posting this in the miscarriage thread. I hesitate to put it there but I don't want to give someone the hope that this will for sure stop the miscarriage. I've never used this combination but I can't not pass on the recommendation when it might help. Am I making sense?
A great a book is "Every Woman's Herbal" by Dr. Christopher.
I'll be praying for you.
Jess