Author Topic: Aloe vera juice?  (Read 27166 times)

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
Re: Aloe vera juice?
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2008, 04:43:36 AM »
I need an opinion as to weather this particular Aloe Juice is okay.  It doesn't say how it is processed.  It is Fruit of the Earth  Wild Berry Aloe Vera Juice.  It is whole leaf.  The ingredients are :Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (from concentrate), Fructose, Natural Flavors (contains Strawberry, blueberry, Blackberry, elderberry and raspberry Juices), Purple Carrot Extract, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate (a food preservative at 1/10 of 1%)
My kids love the stuff.  Does anyone know how much to give your kids or does it matter?
Isn't that citric acid/benzoate combo the one that creates benzine poison?
I have never heard of that, but would like to know.  I'd hate to be feeding my children poison.

yes, i think so too, it's in pop and lots of other beverages.  cancer causing i think.  :o 
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline homekeeper

• Learning
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2008, 03:04:05 PM »
I just found a jug of AVJ in my Publix.  It was in the medicine aisle right under the alka-seltzer!  I bought it and  tried it...yuck.  But it wasn't too bad mixed with apple juice.  I got a gallon for under $8.  It is Fruit of the earth 99.8 % aloe juice made with organically grown, cold pressed aloe.  Full strength, no sugars, starches or thickeners.  That's my info on where to get it.  Good luck! ;)
My 2 1/2 year old was walking around "reading a book".  I hear her say "And God created the world with a big hug..."

YoopreMama

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2008, 02:20:26 PM »
Any thoughts on whether the aloe vera juice or capsules would be a better buy from Vitacost (for intestinal healing)?

Offline HappyWifey

• Adept
    • Rejoicing Evermore
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2008, 04:06:53 PM »
If you have a trader joe's where you live they sell it for pretty cheap, I think we paid $14 for a gal when we were in cali.

Offline LoveSunflowers

• Master
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2008, 05:38:13 PM »
We've been doing a little research into aloe around here but I'm not ready to post links yet. But, from what I've learned the process of freezing drying the aloe is the best form of it. I believe that both Beeyoutiful and NOW freeze dry their aloe.

So, to answer your questions Yooper, if you can find the freeze dried aloe, that is what I would buy. I have been using caps for a few months now, and my c-section scar looks so much better. I can only imagine the healing on the inside.

Hope that helps!
Jess

Offline thus_I_fight

• Adept
    • My xanga page
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2010, 02:25:42 AM »
I will resurrect this thread to say that we use the George's brand, which is fractionally distilled.  As was commented before, it has very little taste--much like water--and doesn't need refrigeration.  I buy it on vitacost, and it's much cheaper that way.  It is not water; it just has very little flavor.  I know this because if I take the suggested dose, it makes me very regular.  ::)  I don't buy the jugs in the store because of the combination of citric acid and sodium benzoate, and their flavor isn't so hot, either.  But if you do buy a brand that has the normal taste, just mix it in with juice, or a smoothie.  You don't have to drink it straight.
"I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.  The LORD God is my strength, He will make my feet like deer's feet, and He will make me walk on my high hills." Habakkuk 3:19