Author Topic: Jasmine Green Tea  (Read 10400 times)

Offline wifey

• Learning
Jasmine Green Tea
« on: July 07, 2006, 04:23:14 AM »
My friend and I are wondering if it is just us or are there any others out there that love it??? We always have it on hand and think we won't make it without it. Her husband is share cropping our honeybees and the other night he stopped in and called into the house and said " Do you have any Jasmine green tea?" 

Nickole

Re: Jasmine Green Tea
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 02:26:44 PM »
I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE it!  I buy it from bulkherbstore.com and I swear I think I could just sit and smell the dried tea all day long....It is heavenly.  ::)

I'm gonna go make me some right now!

Nickole

Offline SC

• Guru
  • Ephesians 5:2
    • Lexington Slim
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 02:36:25 PM »
Have you noticed what I use as my profile picture? Yes, Jasmine green tea is just a little taste (and smell) of what I think heaven will be! *happy sigh* :)
I'm no doctor . . .             I'm not even a Post hole Digger! ;)
See what works for me at LexingtonSlim.com

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 02:36:47 PM »
I think it smells wonderful, but it tastes like perfume *bleck* and it makes my tummy turn when I drink it.  I would like to figure out how to take the tea I bought and burn it like incense.  Mmmmmmm. 
  My favorite herb book!!

Nickole

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 03:45:07 PM »
I have noticed that with time it does get purfumey (sp?) tasting.  When it is fresh it's better.  I also buy it from bulkherbstore.  Maybe that makes a difference.   :-\

Nickole

1N1is6

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 03:47:57 PM »
YUM! YUM! YUM!
I can't go a day w/o it! Man- my kids and I all baulk when the store is out of it. My 11 year old DOES take the tea bags around the house with him!  :D  He can't stand the tea taste, but loves the smell. It's like a dose of early morning spring on the front porch at day break in a tea mug. :-*
~Heidi

Nickole

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2006, 03:49:01 PM »
My kids don't like it either  :-\.  Sooo...more for me!  ;D  heh, heh

Nickole

1N1is6

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2006, 03:50:09 PM »
Amen Sister!
~Heidi

Offline hedy

• Adept
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2006, 02:14:42 PM »
I think it smells wonderful, but it tastes like perfume *bleck* and it makes my tummy turn when I drink it.  I would like to figure out how to take the tea I bought and burn it like incense.  Mmmmmmm. 
One important thing with jasmine tea is to not steep it very long. When I make it, I just pour the hot water through a strainer with the tea in it; it does not actually "steep" or "soak" in the water. If it does, I find that it is too strong. My husband says it tastes like a loofa sponge.  :) Oh, and it tastes best with a little sweetening. My favorite is agave nectar.

Jasmine tea is great iced too. We keep a pitcher in the fridge.

Offline mamaofangels

• Adept
  • Mamaofangels Family
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2007, 09:39:27 AM »
I think this is the best place for my question... What is the difference between green tea and jasmine green tea?  Trying to decide what to order...
Jenny
~ I don't believe in Miricles I DEPEND on them!

Click here to see my Intro.
Click here for my 7xsunday Intro.

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2007, 11:32:33 AM »
I think this is the best place for my question... What is the difference between green tea and jasmine green tea?  Trying to decide what to order...
Jenny

Green tea is just the tea leaf.  Jasmine green tea has jasmine, the flower blossoms, added.  If you don't like floral things, you won't like jasmine.  I adore it, though.

Offline carolinachic

• Adept
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2007, 05:01:51 PM »
I was amazed at the health benefits of drinking Jasmine tea.  I googled a lot of great info.  I just love the smeill and the taste of it!!!
I love my kids! Austin 9, Avery 8, Haleigh 6, and Genevieve 4!!!

Offline BoPeep

• Learning
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2007, 05:09:29 PM »
It definitely takes some getting use to (I must not be as fond of the floral stuff  :)), especially after drinking plain green tea. But it's good with some raw honey stirred in. I think I still prefer the plain. What health benefits does Jasmine have?

Offline mamaofangels

• Adept
  • Mamaofangels Family
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2007, 04:25:22 AM »
Thanks, couple more ?'s  I am thinking of making BHS rise and shine tea with the jasmine. Anyone thoughts on if this will be good? I love that tea and drink so much I want to make it myself.   Second, I thought I read something on the caffine does jasmine have more caffine than grean tea?
Thanks for all the info gals..  :)
Jenny

Offline mamaofangels

• Adept
  • Mamaofangels Family
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2007, 10:28:39 AM »
Okay, I decided that there can't be all that much caffine in either of the green tea's (compared to pop and coffee) Plus it is natural caffine not added man made stuff so it is better for you.  ( couldn't find anything in my research as how much is in jasmine compared to green)  So anyways, I think I will order it and make the rise and shine tea with jasmine.  I'll let you all know how it tastes.  Thanks for letting me organize me thoughts on here.
Jenny

Offline 4lilkeepers

• Adept
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2007, 01:21:08 PM »
I'm curious about the caffeine in the jasmine tea, as well.  I just tried it for the first time and am in love with the taste!!!  The only problme is, I'm nursing and my 7 month old seems to go bonkers if I just eat a piece of chocolate!  She stays up all night, after I eat anything (no matter how small) of caffeine!  eeeek!

any health info would be appreciated, too.  I can't seem to locate anything specific?  Is jasmine tea, just green tea with the floral thing ?

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2007, 02:46:07 PM »
Is jasmine tea, just green tea with the floral thing ?

Yes, exactly.  You will have more of a caffeine buzz from plain green tea, than with jasmine, but there is still some caffeine in it.  Try steeping yours for only a min.(instead of a normal 3-5) and see if your nursing child can tolerate that.  The caffeine in chocolate seems to affect me more than caffeine in tea.  Just a thought.

Offline mamaofangels

• Adept
  • Mamaofangels Family
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2007, 02:28:49 AM »
Is jasmine tea, just green tea with the floral thing ?

Yes, exactly.  You will have more of a caffeine buzz from plain green tea, than with jasmine, but there is still some caffeine in it.  Try steeping yours for only a min.(instead of a normal 3-5) and see if your nursing child can tolerate that.  The caffeine in chocolate seems to affect me more than caffeine in tea.  Just a thought.
Just wanted to add that caffine is one of the first things release when steeping tea. So if you steep for one min. Then steep again in different water for longer you will get the flavor with less of the caffine.  Just a trick I learned for naturally decaffinating tea. HTH. :)
Jenny

Offline mamaofangels

• Adept
  • Mamaofangels Family
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2008, 11:08:09 AM »
Okay, I decided that there can't be all that much caffine in either of the green tea's (compared to pop and coffee) Plus it is natural caffine not added man made stuff so it is better for you.  ( couldn't find anything in my research as how much is in jasmine compared to green)  So anyways, I think I will order it and make the rise and shine tea with jasmine.  I'll let you all know how it tastes.  Thanks for letting me organize me thoughts on here.
Jenny
Sorry I realizw several months have gone by but wanted to note that I made the rise and shine tean with Jasmine green tea and it was excellent!  I loved it.  Just wanted to share
Jenny

Offline freshisbest

• Adept
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2008, 12:05:48 PM »
A couple of days ago while searching for something,  I saw a post ( I think from ForeverGirl) about all the benefits of Jasmine Tea and I've been searching and searching to find it again! Help!

Offline Mrs. B

• Master
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2008, 12:26:54 PM »
A couple of days ago while searching for something,  I saw a post ( I think from ForeverGirl) about all the benefits of Jasmine Tea and I've been searching and searching to find it again! Help!
There is probably a post somewhere, but the article I remember is at the Bulk Herb Store site
http://www.bulkherbstore.com/articles/the-tea-of-life

Offline snickerdoodle

• Master
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2008, 09:00:21 AM »
So I finally bought some of Bulkherbstores Jasmine green tea.  Got it in and my daughter and I so enjoy the frangrance and the flavor.  One thing I've noticed though...  I have been crazy sleepy!  I thought it was just the dark setting in on our northern home, but it usually doesn't hit this hard and this quickly so I did some research and found that Jasmine has sedative properties.  I generally don't react well to sedatives.  A benadryl will put me OUT for three days.  Codeine will make me have nightmares that I can't wake up from and again I sleep for days on one dose.   

Has anybody else experienced this with the Jasmine green tea, or is it really just the rainy weather and late sunrises?

I have been using it as a morning drink.  I thought the green tea would be a nice pick me up...  :-\