Natural Health > Training & Development

ISR "Infant Swimming Resource" AMAZING

(1/4) > >>

mama star:
http://www.childdrowningprevention.com/index.html

A friend of mine e-mailed this video to me and found it amazing! I was wonderfing if any of you had ever heard of this or something similiar? Have you tried it? Is it easy to just teach the child yourself? The lessons are a little out of my budget.

What do you think?
-Cassandra

seeker:

--- Quote from: mama star on August 15, 2007, 10:31:12 AM ---http://www.childdrowningprevention.com/index.html

A friend of mine e-mailed this video to me and found it amazing! I was wonderfing if any of you had ever heard of this or something similiar? Have you tried it? Is it easy to just teach the child yourself? The lessons are a little out of my budget.

What do you think?
-Cassandra

--- End quote ---

WOW! I am still feeling a little funny in my stomach after watching this video. It WAS incredible to actually see a toddler do that, but it was physically upsetting to me personally. I believe that the premise is an excellent idea, and could save an unbelievable amount of lives. It was just a bit much for the "mommy" in me to watch a video like that. I paused it a couple of times so that I could regroup, but I did watch it to the end. I knew that the ending was going to be fine, but I had to watch just to make sure!  ::)  It would be wonderful if a program like this was made available at a price that most people could afford.

Kymdenise:

--- Quote from: seeker on August 15, 2007, 12:36:57 PM ---
--- Quote from: mama star on August 15, 2007, 10:31:12 AM ---http://www.childdrowningprevention.com/index.html

What do you think?
-Cassandra

--- End quote ---

WOW! I am still feeling a little funny in my stomach after watching this video. It WAS incredible to actually see a toddler do that, but it was physically upsetting to me personally. I believe that the premise is an excellent idea, and could save an unbelievable amount of lives. It was just a bit much for the "mommy" in me to watch a video like that. I paused it a couple of times so that I could regroup, but I did watch it to the end. I knew that the ending was going to be fine, but I had to watch just to make sure!  ::)  It would be wonderful if a program like this was made available at a price that most people could afford.

--- End quote ---

I was freaked out too.. and I of course knew it was a controlled situation, but it's a good example. I was most impressed that a child fully clothed and obviously upset could still steady itself, float and cry. How do they teach these babies to overcome a natural tendency? Amazing. I wish I could do it, but on the other hand, I'm sure it can give parents a false sense of security... I realize you all know this, and I'm not saying this to any of you as something you havent thought of, but I read time and time again of stories where children are in fishing boats on little lakes, and think their children are within reach, or they'll have time to grab them if they fall overboard. Unfortunately, they don't realize how quickly they sink, let alone into murky water where you can't see them to retrieve them. Life jackets are essential. But in a case like in the example (these people I"m sure preach the same.. use all other precautions first..alarms, locks,etc.) some situations fall out of our hands.

It was a good lesson.. I wish it were more accessable.

Nickole:
That sounds like a program that someone I knew put her daughter through, who was about 4.  I remember they put the child in the pool with shoes on, which it is HARD to keep afloat with shoes on.  And they did other things.  She liked it for her child, but I don't think we would.  And after reading Seeker's response to the video, I'm not watching it.  :o  I just don't like going through those kinds of emotions even if I know the end is alright.  No sappy movies for me!  So thanks for the warning Seeker!  ;)     

MamaSong:
I had the same response!  I watched it last night and started crying.  But, I AM pregnant and I have a baby the same size as the one in the video.  :)  I had heard of this program, but I've never seen the video before.  It was pretty amazing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version