Author Topic: Pau d' Arco tea for kids how to?/ Die off toxins affecting nursing baby?  (Read 10322 times)

Offline hollyolly123

• Adept
I want to give my daughters Pau d' Arco tea for anti fungal / anti yeast.  How long do I steep it, and should I boil it or just do like regular tea?  I can't find any info on weather or not it is safe for nursing mothers.  I read somewhere on here recently that prgnant  women shouldn't use it, but I can't find it now and I can't find it in any of my four herb books.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  I am still nursing my one year old a couple times a day and I would like to take it if I can. 

Also, the probiotics I've been taking are expelling parasites from me, and my nurser is very sleepy and cranky, just like I've been.  Do you think the die off toxins are getting to her through my milk?  Thanks!

Offline MamaChildress

• Adept
Re: Pau d' Arco tea for kids how to?/ Die off toxins affecting nursing baby?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 06:35:54 AM »
I have no advice, but a quick question... you said your probiotic is expelling parasites from you.
What probiotic are you taking? I had no idea that a probiotic would do that.  ???
Blessings,
                             ~Janet~
                         ~MommyofTen~

Offline likemanywaters

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 07:57:56 AM »
I just place a tsp. of the dried bark in a tea ball and simmer it in boiling water for 10-15 min. (barks & roots take longer to steep than leaf teas). I started with giving my son 1 to 1 1/2 cups of this tea a day. It helps if it's still warm/hot when they drink it. Mine'll drink anything, but I often sweeten it with stevia powder to make sure he drinks it all.

Helpful tip:  Make sure she's not "backed up" with poo first. Going regularly with mushy, light brown consistency. Helps to have a light diet (mainly veggies, broths, a little egg and fruits perhaps, whole grain bread) before & during this. For my son I'm giving him Aloe Vera Juice / Prune Juice and lots of other liquids to keep him regular. Maybe even an enema.  At first I did not. I fed him too much heavy refined carb foods and he was majorly backed up.

Back to your question...  So once she is "cleaned out" down there, I've found the best time is in the mid-morning after a light breakfast make a strong cup to 1 1/2 cups of the tea. When it's still warm let her drink the whole thing. Best to get it all down within a minute or two.  Once when I did this with my son (his colon was empty first), afterwards he pooped a long mushy poo covered with stringy stuff!!! It's really helped me to pay attention to his poo.

I'm a nursing mom & i'm taking it right now too!! She's 9 mo. I then went back to exclusively breastfeeding and it went away. The reason it is unsafe for pregnant ladies I THINK is b/c it may stimulate contractions and/or cause an early miscarriage. IMO it is safe for nursing moms.
Try looking under Taheeboo in your herb books.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 01:24:36 AM by likemanywaters »
And, behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the way of the east: and his voice was like a noise of many waters: and the earth shined with his glory.

-Ezekiel 43:2

Offline hollyolly123

• Adept
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 09:10:24 AM »
I'm not totally sure it's my probiotic that is expelling parasites, but the only thing I was eating that was different were cucumbers and catnip tea, which I actually just read in the How to Herb Book that is has been used in expelling worms, but it wasn't one of the highlighted uses so maybe it was that?  I had thyme tea like a week ago, and just yesterday I was expelling worms with blood on them from my female tract :o and this morning a few from my intestines....  :P  Yesterday I was drinking red raspberry tea like crazy too, and had a terrible headache/ tired/ cranky feeling. 

I'm taking the tummy tune up from beeyoutiful.  Oh yeah, I also used some kelp, but just a teeny bit.  It smells so bad, but you can't taste it- weird!  I was wondering if maybe the probiotics were creating an unpleasant environment for the parasites, and since they eat yeast, might they start digesting parasites too?  I don't know, but I'm glad they are starting to leave me!

Thanks for the advice likemanywaters.  I'll get right on cleaning us out now!

Offline likemanywaters

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 07:16:17 AM »
 :-X Oh my goodness! I didn't even know that was possible...  :'(
And, behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the way of the east: and his voice was like a noise of many waters: and the earth shined with his glory.

-Ezekiel 43:2

YoopreMama

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2008, 05:19:14 AM »
Bump.  ;)