Author Topic: The military and the mandatory anthrax vaccine  (Read 33407 times)

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Re: The military and the mandatory anthrax vaccine
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2007, 11:07:07 AM »
I think it became mandatory again around Oct. of 2006.  But we know for a fact that it is mandatory at this point in time.  Of course, that could change again, but probably not before the next few deployments take place.  And it might just be mandatory for certain branches.
I don't know about this particular mandate, but I DO know that not all purvayers of the law actually know the law or necessarily tell the truth regarding the law.  I've had police officers look me dead in the eye and tell me what they want me to think the law is and I've actually read it and knew that he was mistaken and horribly incorrect.  I'm pretty sure he never had read it himself.  The information was passed down to him through another person (a superior or authority figure) who probably also had never read the law.

Just something to think about.
  My favorite herb book!!

kenshelpmeet

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2007, 08:43:59 AM »
You'll have to excuse my thinking out loud for a second here...I've been dwelling on your situation for a few days now.  I know that tar is used at the injection site of poison wounds- bug bites, stings, spider bites- to draw the poison out of the body.  Might this also work at the injection site of a vaccine?  Or maybe a plantain poultice?  Or does it not work that way???    I've heard a big complaint of anthrax vaccine is pain at the injection site.  Maybe, just maybe...

That's a good thought, Wing.  I'm going to have to look into this idea.  He WILL be getting other vacs. and that may help with some of those.  Last year, when they required him to take the flu one, it was the nasal spray (forget what it's called), he took it but then blew out as much as he could right after.  ;D
I think it became mandatory again around Oct. of 2006.  But we know for a fact that it is mandatory at this point in time.  Of course, that could change again, but probably not before the next few deployments take place.  And it might just be mandatory for certain branches.
I don't know about this particular mandate, but I DO know that not all purvayers of the law actually know the law or necessarily tell the truth regarding the law.  I've had police officers look me dead in the eye and tell me what they want me to think the law is and I've actually read it and knew that he was mistaken and horribly incorrect.  I'm pretty sure he never had read it himself.  The information was passed down to him through another person (a superior or authority figure) who probably also had never read the law.

Just something to think about.
Hi HB, everything I've read online, especially gov't sites, are saying that it is mandatory, but I'm definitely still searching for any and every option out of this.

kenshelpmeet

« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2007, 06:02:22 AM »
Well, tomorrow officially starts our journey through anthrax vaccination refusal territory.  We covet your prayers as we walk through this. 

My hubby will be giving his superior officers a letter confirming his willingness to serve in Iraq for the next 15 months, just so they know that he is not rejecting the vaccine to try to get out of the deployment.  We have looked and looked for any legal way around this, but have found nothing.

Please pray that God will help him clearly articulate his reasons for refusing the order, that God will bless his courage and integrity, and that he will have favor with those above him.  Of course, we would like to avoid punishment of any sort, but realize that it is a strong possibility due to the nature of the issue.

Thanks so much, friends.  Gina  :)

kenshelpmeet

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2007, 03:15:08 PM »
Bump.  :)

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2007, 07:15:49 AM »
Well, tomorrow officially starts our journey through anthrax vaccination refusal territory.  We covet your prayers as we walk through this. 

My hubby will be giving his superior officers a letter confirming his willingness to serve in Iraq for the next 15 months, just so they know that he is not rejecting the vaccine to try to get out of the deployment.  We have looked and looked for any legal way around this, but have found nothing.

Please pray that God will help him clearly articulate his reasons for refusing the order, that God will bless his courage and integrity, and that he will have favor with those above him.  Of course, we would like to avoid punishment of any sort, but realize that it is a strong possibility due to the nature of the issue.

Thanks so much, friends.  Gina  :)

Bump

Offline Wing

• Adept
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2007, 07:05:20 PM »
You guys are so brave.  Thank you so much for everything!  I am still praying for you!  :D

kenshelpmeet

« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2007, 03:43:05 PM »
Thanks again for your prayers, Wing.  You don't know how encouraging you have been!  But I don't think we're brave.  We feel like we don't have a choice in the matter.  We are trusting God for the outcome.  It is scary walking through this because of the consequences that could occur, but the consequences are scary the other way as well. 

Through all of the reading I've done, the part of the vaccine that is causing problems is called squalene.  It has been proven to cause autoimmune diseases like MS, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and a bunch of other ones I've never heard of.  There are so many of our soldiers (present and former) who have been permanently affected by this, so we all need to pray for protection over them and that the FDA and DoD will discontinue its use.

kenshelpmeet

« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2007, 09:12:23 AM »
Just wanted to give an update.  I have put this topic on 7xsunday under "obey the governing authorities?" because of the circumstances involved.  It's a health issue, but it's also a matter of whether or not God wants us to obey the military, who does not care for the individual and individual circumstances. 

My hubby has been granted a bit more time to make a decision (until Monday), and then his superiors will have to deal with this conflict of interest.

Basically at this point, we don't know whether God wants him to get the shots and trust Him for his health, or go against orders to protect his health.  We are risking severe punishment on one hand, and debilitating disease (or worse) on the other.

Please, if you think about us this weekend, pray for discernment.  Thank you! 

Here's the link for the other thread:
http://www.7xsunday.net/forum/index.php/topic,11839.msg109118.html#new

Offline Isaacsmama

• Adept
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2007, 07:25:24 PM »
mommyoffive,
How is your husband feeling?  Any reactions showing up yet?

Offline Isaacsmama

• Adept
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2007, 06:36:53 PM »
bump

kenshelpmeet

« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2007, 05:16:58 AM »
Sorry, Isaacsmama, for not replying sooner.  I've been having contractions off and on, so have been a bit distracted from the computer. ;D 
My dh still has not had to get the first shot.  He missed the first time frame because he was waiting to talk with the commander.  This week, they are not giving them, but next week they will start again (for most people it will be their second round). 
He heard something very interesting from a fellow soldier yesterday.  Now, this could be a total rumor, but apparently someone on post had a pretty serious reaction to a shot and they are debating making it voluntary again.  PRAY that they do this!  That would be so amazing!  Like God moving a mountain!  ;D  And just in case it is true, pray that the sick soldier will be okay.
If things don't change, he will have to get the first dose early next week. :P
Thanks for checking on him! 

kenshelpmeet

« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2007, 03:47:51 AM »
It looks like today is the day.  My dh is supposed to get the first of six anthrax vaccine shots this morning.  We would appreciate your prayers, that God would protect him from any and all side effects, short-term (flu-like symptoms, huge, painful swelling at the injection site) and long-term (auto-immune diseases, other horrible stuff that's just going to make me more nervous if I start listing).  Thank you, friends!  Gina

Offline merryheart

• Learning
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2007, 04:08:55 AM »
Just wanted to encourage you... my husband has had a number of anthrax shots during his career in the military, and has never had a bad reaction.  Sometimes his arm will be a little sore for a day maybe, but never gets sick or experiences other side effects.  I hope that your husband's body will deal with the shot well too.  And remember, God is in control!  :-)

kenshelpmeet

« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2007, 04:39:08 AM »
Thank you, merryheart, for the encouraging words!   ;D

Offline SC

• Guru
  • Ephesians 5:2
    • Lexington Slim
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2007, 10:18:33 AM »
This isn't helpful information, but an interesting side note regarding vaccinations. Did you know that if you are on a heart-lung machine within 2 weeks of receiving a vaccination, you'll have to have the vaccine repeated because the serum will have been cleaned out of the blood? That's what we were told when our son had heart surgery. The pediatrician wanted to push vaccines & the surgeon nixed them because of the potential for a reaction and the fact that it would nullify the vaccine.

Of course, I wouldn't recommend this method as a way of cleaning a serum from your system!
I'm no doctor . . .             I'm not even a Post hole Digger! ;)
See what works for me at LexingtonSlim.com

Offline TheBearsWife

• Learning
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2007, 04:23:21 PM »
It looks like today is the day.  My dh is supposed to get the first of six anthrax vaccine shots this morning.  We would appreciate your prayers, that God would protect him from any and all side effects, short-term (flu-like symptoms, huge, painful swelling at the injection site) and long-term (auto-immune diseases, other horrible stuff that's just going to make me more nervous if I start listing).  Thank you, friends!  Gina

I looked back at my hubbie's records, and he, too had the anthrax series in 2003 before his first deployment. He is doing fine...and we have added 2 beautiful baby girl blessings since then...

kenshelpmeet

« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2007, 09:59:08 AM »
Thanks for all of the input and prayers!  My hubby hasn't had any immediate reactions to the shot he received on Tuesday, and we're praying that he's been totally protected from long-term effects.  ;D

AND that same day, we had our little baby girl!!  It was quite the emotional and exciting day for us!  ;D

Gina

Offline Wing

• Adept
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2007, 10:59:45 AM »
Congratulations!  Still praying for you, and I'm confident that God will take good care of your family.

Offline ArmyWife

• Adept
    • the Kirkland Family
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2007, 12:50:18 PM »
My hubby was given the flu shot today.  They told him he couldn't get a pass for Christmas if he didn't get the shot  >:( Anyways, we've got a 1 yo and 2 1/2 yo, and I watch two boys after school, so I did NOT want the flu going around our house.  This afternoon he is already feeling tired and sniffly  :'( I called a local health store and asked the herbalist if there was anything he could take.  He recommended colloidal silver, an ounce about every hour or at least frequently for the first day or so, then maybe 3xs/day.  He said that should kill the virus.  And for my girls, who aren't showing signs of it, but who are getting over colds, I am giving them silver also for a preventative, about 1/2 oz. a day, increasing if needbe.  It would've been our first choice for him not to get the shot, but even if there is a waiver, I couldn't honestly claim religious exemption for the flu shot, it's just personal preference.  HOpe this might help some of you other wives who also have hubbies getting the flu shot this season.  Oh yeah, the herbalist also recommended a couple products by Nature's Sunshine, like the Vaccine Detox, the Bowel Detox, and/or the Enviro Detox (not sure if that's the exact name on that last one.)  And a lot of VitC.  HTH!
Anna in AL
Feel free to visit our family blogspot!  http://toddandannakirkland.blogspot.com

Offline KADETMmom

• Adept
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2007, 03:52:14 AM »
Sorry if this is repeat info -- or too late to be helpful.  Just rec'd this email and thought I'd pass it along in hopes it might help someone...

~melanie

= = = = = = = = =

Dear Iowans for Informed Consent,

I did not get to watch this show, but we have heard many reports of this kind.  If you know someone in the military it is important that they know
the risks of getting vaccinated.  Sites the one below can be found which list the military exemptions for vaccines.  You can just google "military exemptions
vaccines" and get quite a list of supportive information:

http://www.ctvia.org/index.cfm?folder=105
http://www.mvrd.org/
http://www.mvacpac.org/mambo/index.php

May God bless and protect our dear fathers, brothers, mothers and sisters fighting for our countries liberties and freedom!

Sonya Swan
Iowans For Informed Consent
www.iowansforinformedconsent.org

Watch veterans who believe their health problems were caused by the anthrax vaccine (2 are sick from exposure to depleted uranium) on
Friday, September 7, 2007.
For more information about the show and to check local air times & channels, go to  http://www.montelshow.com/  top of screen - go to  "Watch Montel in" then click to your state.

Episode Detail: Dying to Serve? - Montel Williams

"Military personnel and exposure to depleted uranium; the Defense Department's policy on anthrax vaccination for servicemembers. Guests include Kelli Donley, a former Air Force captain who says she became ill after receiving the anthrax vaccine; and Raymond Ramos, a former
National Guard sergeant who believes he was sickened by depleted uranium."
http://www.tvguide.com/detail/tv-show.aspx?tvobjectid=194910&more=ucepisodelist&episodeid=7021313

http://www.montelshow.com/show/today/friday/
As a man who has served over twenty years in the military, Montel understands the plight of today's soldiers much better than most of us. Today, we will be exposing some of the military's darkest secrets including a mandatory vaccine program that many experts claim is literally killing our troops. Montel will speak with Kelli Donley, a female air force captain and military lawyer who suffered brain damage after receiving the anthrax vaccine. Filmmaker Scott Miller will discuss his film A Call to Arms, which demonstrates how destructive and pervasive the anthrax vaccine is. He will show numerous clips, including a very powerful interview from a female top gun pilot who is now too ill to even travel. Montel will speak with two of the film's main subjects, Lieutenant Colonel Jay Lacklen and Sergeant Jeff Moore, who both say they are chronically ill from the vaccine. Find out what harmful consequences this vaccine may have had on soldiers' wives and children. You won’t believe what the leading medical and legal authorities on this subject have to say as we speak to various other ailing soldiers in our audience. Raymond Ramos, a former Staff Sergeant, says he became ill after being exposed to a radioactive compound called depleted uranium during his seven months in Iraq. "DU" is commonly used in US weaponry and many scientists claim it emits particles that can be toxic when inhaled or ingested by humans. Gerard, another soldier complaining of "DU"-related ailments, has also been chronically ill since he served in Iraq. We'll talk to him and his wife about the devastating effects of his exposure to "DU" and how it may have affected his two and a half year old daughter, Victoria.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some background information about Montel Williams ~ Chris
Montel Williams: Living with MS
WebMD Live Events Transcript

Montel William's interview about his multiple sclerosis (MS)

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=53785

"WILLIAMS:
Like so many of us, and I believe the number is somewhere around 45% to 50%, you can check this through your doctor, our initial symptoms are first in the vision or visual acuity. About four months before I graduated from the Naval Academy in 1980, and it just so happened to be coincident with my precommissioning inoculations (before you graduate from the Academy you have to receive all your immunizations to travel around the world), coincident with my diphtheria and typhoid shots, for whatever reason, it triggered my first MS bout. I lost 80% vision in my left eye and was put on medical hold on the military because they thought I would be blind in one eye..."

"He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God..."  Psalm 40

Offline Lovin'myHoneyinVT

• Adept
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2007, 06:38:38 AM »
Okay, here is a website to do your own research on vaccines and the religious  and ethical reasons not to have them. 

http://www.cogforlife.org/

You will have to do your own research as there are so many things to share.  I don't know much about the founders of the website....maybe Catholic but do know their information is much researched. 

Lovin'

Offline ArmyWife

• Adept
    • the Kirkland Family
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2009, 04:12:34 PM »
Anyone know the latest on the anthrax vaccine?  My dh is supposed to have this first shot next week, in preparation for a deployment next March.  Of course we'd prefer he not get it.  A friend's husband went in to see a dr. and was told "you'd better not ever have another beer in your life" b/c his liver was so bad.  He didn't drink though!  It was from all of the anthrax and other vaccines he'd received before and during the deployment(s).  My friend gave him some stuff from Arbonne, their figure8 detox blend, and this cleaned up his liver.  I haven't looked at the ingredients, but I'm assuming things like silymarin that would effect the liver.
And a thought I had after reading someone's post about using something to draw out the vaccine (if this is possible) at the site of the shot-- there was an article about the benefits of activated charcoal and it being used as a poultice for a spider bite in the latest beeyoutiful catalog, and I'm wondering if it would be something good to take internally and apply externally for the swelling/soreness at the site of the shot.  Any thoughts on this?  I may give them a call to check on this, and see if they have any thoughts for preparing and cleansing after the vaccines.
Feel free to visit our family blogspot!  http://toddandannakirkland.blogspot.com