Author Topic: HELP!!!!!! How do i get...........  (Read 5840 times)

Offline diaperswyper

• Adept
  • A DOUBLE BLESSING!!
HELP!!!!!! How do i get...........
« on: June 30, 2006, 02:30:48 AM »
blood out of my sheets? :-[ Embarrassing, to say the least, but i'm desperate. I've tried pre-spay, and clorox. Nothing's working. Any idea's?

Offline Chickory Chick

• Adept
    • My Blog
Re: HELP!!!!!! How do i get...........
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 02:38:27 AM »
blood out of my sheets? :-[ Embarrassing, to say the least, but i'm desperate. I've tried pre-spay, and clorox. Nothing's working. Any idea's?

If you can get it fresh, usually cold water and hydrogen peroxide will do the trick, if not, I would try them anyway!
Chickory Chick fka Kayinpa http://kayinpa.blogspot.com/

Offline sweet

• Learning
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 02:45:52 AM »
Don't dry the sheets until you get it out...you might have to soak it in cold water for a while - scrubbing it w/ a brush.  I find that using dish detergent, soaking and scrubbing.   
For white sheets I go the easy way and use bleach right on the spot.

Key is never to dry material until the stain is out...

P.S.  for grease cheap Balsam Revlon shampoo along w/ soaking and scrubbing works.

Offline Pennie

• Master
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 02:57:17 AM »
Orange TKO is a really good stain remover.  I tend to get oily looking spots on t-shirts all the time and I have NO idea what or how they get there. Maybe someone can enlighten me.  But I have a couple of nicer looking shirts that are t-shirt material and I have precious few to wear b/c I am breast feed and last night I was ironing one of them and the stop so I took them both and just put a really strong mixture of the tko with water on them and washed them again and one came totally out and the one(I ironed)came mostly out too. 

Offline 3boysmyjoys

• Adept
  • My Three Boys And My Joy
    • Contenders for the Faith
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 03:06:30 AM »
Get powdered Oxyclean and soak them.  It works everytime!  But, make sure you use boiling water.

Offline natural

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 03:22:29 AM »
I have found Borox to be wonderful! Although I used it immediately after the blood spots happened. I just got the spot wet, I think with cold water, then I put a little pile of Borax right over it and let it sit for a while. ....I could actually see the blood being pulled to through the white powder and disappear.

You can get Borax, usually, from the local grocery store.

P.S. It did't fade any color either.
4 yo Maciah: Mamma I am scared the wind is howling.
Me: Go to sleep Jesus will protect you.
4 yo Maciah: (stretching his chin to chest) But, but I can't see Jesus my head can't reach into my heart.

Offline diaperswyper

• Adept
  • A DOUBLE BLESSING!!
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2006, 03:28:28 AM »
Thank you!!! It's been so long since i've had this problem, (over 3 1/2 yrs.) that i've forgotten the tricks of the trade.  ::) Will get to work and do my best.

Offline Laurie

• Learning
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2006, 03:29:49 AM »
About the oily spots on shirts...I had that same problem until I stopped using fabric softener dryer sheets.  My mil thinks I'm crazy but I haven't had any spots since I stopped using the sheets and started using vinegar in the rinse.  

Offline Maria/NHM

• Adept
    • My Blog
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2006, 03:37:58 AM »
I just recently gave birth and somehow during delivery moved off my plastic sheets. We ended up with blood all over the carpet ::). As soon as baby was nursing and hubby could see that all was well He started scrubbing. He used baking powder and spray oxi-clean. To my supprise and relief he got it clean. One spot did reapear the next day but he retreated and now no spots at all :).
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 11:21:17 AM by Ella »
My Blog
http://naturallyhealthymommy.blogspot.com/
Learning and sharing about nutrition and herbs
My user name used to be Ella :)

Offline Pennie

• Master
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2006, 03:47:36 AM »
That was on my list of things to buy from my midwife.  Unfortunately we never got the chance to use it :(

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2006, 05:28:45 AM »

I always use cold water and bar soap before it has a chance to set.  Works like a charm.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline dara

• Master
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2006, 06:46:29 AM »
My favorite bar soap for stains (blood and baby poo) is Ivory. I use it in my homemade laundry soap too, and it's working well. For stains I just get the corner wet, and rub it into the stain, let sit awhile, and wash.
"Write your hurts in the sand
and grave your blessings in stone."

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2006, 09:42:10 AM »
My favorite bar soap for stains (blood and baby poo) is Ivory. I use it in my homemade laundry soap too, and it's working well. For stains I just get the corner wet, and rub it into the stain, let sit awhile, and wash.

me too.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2006, 05:31:34 PM »
If you can get it fresh, usually cold water and hydrogen peroxide will do the trick, if not, I would try them anyway!

i tried the peroxide today on blood dripped on carpet and it was awesome!  i just watched until it stopped fizzing, then blotted it up.  NO blood left at all and it was light colored carpet!  thanks!  i'm sure i had heard this somewhere before, but it was fresh in my mind from reading it here!   :D
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."