Author Topic: Body Odor in Child  (Read 6246 times)

Offline love2bemom

• Wide Eyed
Body Odor in Child
« on: August 02, 2007, 01:19:13 PM »
My 8 yod has a problem with terrible body odor.  I believe that she has a problem with yeast, and have been told this could be the body odor problem also.  She has stomach aches after eating, and I have noticed a white discharge vaginally, so do believe she has a yeast issue.  She has been on Bifidus for quite some time now, but that doesn't seem to be handling the problem.  I regulate her sugar and bread consumption, but it is rather hard to keep her out of the fruit!  At any rate, could the yeast problem be the cause of her body odor (it is quite bad and she is so young!) and what can I do to help eliminate this problem, both the yeast and the body odor.

Offline skelliott2

• Adept
Re: Body Odor in Child
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 02:37:26 PM »
Just a few ideas:

Epsom salt baths -- they are good for cleansing, you could rub her down with clay as well
Essiac tea -- this helps kill yeast
Good kefir -- we make kefir out of young coconut water, and it helped with my son's stinky feet!
Of course, eat as little refined food as possible.  Hope this helps!

Offline BJ_BOBBI_JO

• Guru
  • I SEE YOU
    • BJ_BOBBI_JO blog
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 12:46:15 AM »
I have recently been noticing armpit odor in my 7 year old daughter. She has been needing to wear deodorant which seems unusual for a child her age.

She is not having discharges or other symptoms. But she has always complained of bellyaches off and on all her life even as an infant she was colicy. Just the terrible armpit odor. It is worse then an adults smelly pits.

I'm wondering if she is all toxic inside and that could be why she has such strong odor like that? Is that possible?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 01:27:31 AM by BJ_BOBBI_JO »

cecac

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 02:18:11 AM »
Ladies,

Could parasites be another concern? There are herbal things on the market that would do a cleanse on kids.  It is my impression that it does not take very long for kids to be cleansed of parasites.

Blessings,
Cara

Offline Roehrmomma

• Master
    • Polished cornerstones
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 02:51:58 AM »
I remember in 3rd grade I was 8 that the teacher told all the kids to start wearing deodorant.I have always been told it is toxins in your body.I know personally if I eat just whole foods no processed junk I smelll less often.My 8 yr old DD has to wear it now. :P We noticed it this summer.We are trying to keep up the whole food menu.

Em

Offline ladyhen

• Master
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 06:04:09 AM »
We have noticed two things that seem to really affect our children's odor are their diets and what they are cleaning themselves with.  Any junk or sugar in their diet causes them to be stinky (me too!) and we really limit how much soap everyone uses.  Of course, we use soap for real dirt but for normal showering we keep a plastic squirt bottle of diluted apple cider vinegar in the shower to rub on skin after a plain water rubdown.  We just keep lots of washclothes around for water rubdown use and only shower when needed.  The teen girls keep a spray bottle of dilute acv in their room for daily spritz before dressing.  The 11yo boy could care less and still must be informed when he stinks.   :o   ;)
I'm happy that we've eliminated deodorant use.  Less chemicals equals healthier, IMHO.
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;    Titus 2:13

Offline juanitamwilliams

• Learning
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2013, 07:12:38 AM »
You might try the food combining diet for her tummy. I was having terrible bowel issues and finally figured out it was my morning banana after breakfast. I found a lot of info on how eating certain foods together cause stomach ails. Even combining some fruits can cause issues. Google food combining chart for a free chart. I have one posted to my kitchen cupboard to remind me!