Author Topic: Post Vasectomy Pain  (Read 6657 times)

Offline EyesOfTheBeholder

• Learning
Post Vasectomy Pain
« on: May 11, 2006, 04:13:58 PM »
Hello everyone ;D

My husband has been having pain in the scrotum.... No visable signs that something is wrong, other than having pain off and on :-[ It has been 1 1/2 yrs ago since the surgery.

Any info on this subject would be wonderful

concerned wife
Mary

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
Re: Post Vasectomy Pain
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 04:23:51 PM »
My husband had a vasectomy in June of 2002 and he would have pain on and off.  There is nothing to permantly stop this pain but a vasectomy reversal; which my husband had done in November of 2005.  Since then, no pain.  But to manage it, you could use an anti-inflammatory herb or tincture, or medicine if that is the route that you do.  The pain is usually caused by a build up of the sperm( a granuloma?  I think it is called).  Good luck and hope the pain stops for your husband 

Offline EyesOfTheBeholder

• Learning
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 12:31:45 AM »
Hi Healthy :)

Thanks for the reply. I have been looking into some herbs to see if they will help. The worst of his pain has been since Tuesday this week.

We are talking about a reversal, but was concerned about the risks of that too?? Did all go well with your husband? Have you had any children since the reversal? What do you do for birth control? Thanks again

Have a wonderful Day
Mary ;D

Offline africamissy

• Adept
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 01:33:32 PM »
I wanted to restart this topic.  My dh works with a guy who is having severe pain from his vasectomy.  They were calling it spermatitis--which I can't find anything other than a few German pages on that.  Would neem oil--stopping semen production help at all?  This guy is really miserable and may have to have some sort of removal surgery. :'(

Offline africamissy

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 02:43:54 PM »
just found in English its called "funiculitis" Ever heard of it?   ???

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 02:51:47 PM »
Did all go well with your husband? Have you had any children since the reversal?

Sorry, Mary, I just saw this. The reversal did not go very well because of too much scar tissue build up.  This is preventing the sperm from getting through the vas deferens, so no need for birth control.  :-\

Offline snickerdoodle

• Master
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 05:03:13 PM »
I wanted to restart this topic.  My dh works with a guy who is having severe pain from his vasectomy.  They were calling it spermatitis--which I can't find anything other than a few German pages on that.  Would neem oil--stopping semen production help at all?  This guy is really miserable and may have to have some sort of removal surgery. :'(

First, do they know for sure what is wrong?  They 'guesstimated' this to be the cause of my dh's pain, even after we had an ultrasound done to see if it was something else, but when we went to get the vas rev done it turns out that the clip that was used to clamp the vas deferens was pulled up against the muscle wall between the scrotum and the body.  It was a difficult procedure   :'((to say the least) for my husband to have the doctor tugging on the vas deferens to pull it out enough to complete the vasectomy reversal.

I don't know how well the neem oil would work for him, but it certainly shouldn't hurt to try... ??? 

Offline africamissy

• Adept
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2007, 05:23:43 AM »
my dh had been considering getting a vas, but will not even think about it after working with this guy.  He's been on anti-biotics for three months for the spermatitis/funiculitus.  We printed up some information on the proceedures most doctors offer and their effectiveness for him to look at.  I was just hoping there might been something less invasive and more natural to help the poor guy out.   ???

Offline Mommyof4

• Adept
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2007, 08:08:21 AM »
When your dh's have had this pain, was it ever one sided or did the pain ever go up into his stomach?
TIA
Blessed Mom:)
My village people:
Tate 10
Morgan 9
Charlotte 7.5
Silas 4.5

Offline africamissy

• Adept
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2007, 12:40:38 PM »
not sure about the guy my dh works with.  He is planning on going to Mayo because the dr. here is out of ideas.

Offline snickerdoodle

• Master
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2007, 04:17:37 PM »
When your dh's have had this pain, was it ever one sided or did the pain ever go up into his stomach?
TIA

My husbands's was one sided and the pain would sometimes go up into his stomach and sometimes go down the inside of his leg... it was the side that had the clip pulled up against the muscle wall that  seperates the testes from the rest of the body.  Apparently the clip was pulled up against a nerve or something.  That's just my guess as the doctors did not specify that at the time.  The pain has subsided since the vas rev.