Author Topic: stomach aches  (Read 7572 times)

Offline bakermom

• Adept
stomach aches
« on: July 30, 2007, 02:15:34 AM »
I have been having abdominal pain that seems to be gas for a month. The other day I started with sharp pains in the upper ab and then also back pain, especially lower.  Any ideas?  I took a nexium and it helped a lot. I don't feel so much an emergency now but I need to get this checked I think.  I feel like I need to lie down all the time to feel better with the pain.

Offline 4my3rascals

• Adept
Re: stomach aches
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 04:35:02 PM »
Bakermom,  Did I read in a different post that you suffer from ulcerative colitis?  Excess gas is usually a sign of undigested carbs.  For me, I also have u.c. and was diagnosed after I stopped nursing my 2nd child, it usually indicates a flare up so I have to start taking Colazal again.

JoyInHim

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 05:16:30 PM »
First thing I'd do is way reduce carbs as well.  Up acidophilis and probiotics (yogurt or supplements) and definitely drink plenty of spearmint or peppermint and camomile teas.  Over eating, too, can cause gas, and not chewing well enough. 

Offline bakermom

• Adept
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 01:21:03 AM »
I have been faithfully taking probiotics and eating yogurt. No, I have not watched carbs although from the pain I cut out a lot of junk.  Do you mean healthy carbs like fruit and bread?

My husband wanted me to start taking nexium so that when I go to the dr, I can tell them I already tried that.  It does help but does not take it away.  I am feeling pain from the diaphram to the back along with the lower ab pain that feels like gas.  I feel full quite a bit.

I only have UC flare ups when I quit nursing but since using probiotics, that has stopped so it has been quite awhile since I had a flare.  I am wondering if this is UC trying to flare up.  I am still nursing though.  I remember a month or two ago feeling very full after every meal right in the diaphram area.  I also had ab pain while pregnant but it went away.

I am having bad shoulder/underarm and right chest pain that seems muscle related and has been a problem for 2 months.  Could this be related? 

I am just falling apart.  Maybe stress is contributing as my dad just found tumors in his back and pancreas.  I have been reeling over this.  Also, when there is cancer in the family, you tend to think you have it when you have pain like I do so I am super paranoid right now.

Offline natural

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 02:46:15 AM »
My eight year old has had the same type thing. She got the flu on the 8th of July --she threw up then was fine the next day, then my son got it, then she trhew up again on the 11th of July. Then the rest of us (except 3 mon. old) got it. We all snapped out of it --each with in a few day s, but she is still nauseaus, won't eat much and in losing too much weight.

I actaully took her to the dr yesterday and they are doing a celiac test, as well as Lymes because she may have had it last summer (we tested but it may have been too early because it came back negative but my son had it and they had the same symptoms --we treated her and she was fine)..but they say Lymes can mutate.

If any of you can think of anything else please let me know. She has been taking digestive enzymes with probiotics as well as whole leaf aloe vera juice. She can be a worrier at times and the dr said she might be making herself sick just from being afraid to puke again. We have not had this stuff in years!

Bakermom, I hope you find a solution to your problem! Bless You!

Thanks, Sandra
4 yo Maciah: Mamma I am scared the wind is howling.
Me: Go to sleep Jesus will protect you.
4 yo Maciah: (stretching his chin to chest) But, but I can't see Jesus my head can't reach into my heart.

Offline 4my3rascals

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2007, 04:24:56 PM »
related? 

I am just falling apart.  Maybe stress is contributing as my dad just found tumors in his back and pancreas.  I have been reeling over this.  Also, when there is cancer in the family, you tend to think you have it when you have pain like I do so I am super paranoid right now.

Bakermom...Are you doing better?   If not, could the stress be causing this reaction?   

Offline bakermom

• Adept
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 02:15:12 AM »
My upper ab feels better.  I still have the same gas pains around 5 every day. 

Offline natural

• Adept
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2007, 02:06:32 PM »
My eight year old has had the same type thing. She got the flu on the 8th of July --she threw up then was fine the next day, then my son got it, then she trhew up again on the 11th of July. Then the rest of us (except 3 mon. old) got it. We all snapped out of it --each with in a few day s, but she is still nauseaus, won't eat much and in losing too much weight.

I actaully took her to the dr yesterday and they are doing a celiac test, as well as Lymes because she may have had it last summer (we tested but it may have been too early because it came back negative but my son had it and they had the same symptoms --we treated her and she was fine)..but they say Lymes can mutate.

If any of you can think of anything else please let me know. She has been taking digestive enzymes with probiotics as well as whole leaf aloe vera juice. She can be a worrier at times and the dr said she might be making herself sick just from being afraid to puke again. We have not had this stuff in years!

Bakermom, I hope you find a solution to your problem! Bless You!

Thanks, Sandra

We found out she had Lymes, treated her for it --with antibiotics  (still giving her probiotics) She is still having the tummy pains. Any ideas? I am trying to cut down on the gluten this week to see if there are any changes.

If anyone has any clue as to wht this is please help. I did read another thread that suggested parasites and I will try soome raw pumpkin seeds tonight.

thanks!
4 yo Maciah: (stretching his chin to chest) But, but I can't see Jesus my head can't reach into my heart.

YoopreMama

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2007, 02:16:35 PM »
We just rubbed chamomile essential oil into our boy's belly button. the other night...that took away some cramps...peppermint oil there has helped in the past, too.  He gets tummy aches w/ gluten.  :(

Lots of soothing digestive aid teas out there...chamomile, ginger, peppermint, catnip, etc.  Have you tried any of those?  Maybe massage w/ EOs would help relax her?

Offline natural

• Adept
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2007, 04:34:33 AM »
Thanks, we have tried some of the teas, but maybe more often and i will consider the EOs too

YoopreMama

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2008, 12:13:12 PM »
We have a stomachache w/ our 6 y.o. now.  We've done the teas, EOs in belly button, acidophilus, baths, heating pads, and have added 2 new treatments:

1.  Per The ABC Herbal, diluted activated charcoal in a dropper
2.  Warm castor oil on a wash cloth w/ a towel over it.
3.  Also per the ABC Herbal, a mullein/garlic oil enema.   :o  First time I'd ever given one.  He was a good sport, and I think it helped. 

We'll see how they do!

P.S.  He's much better today! 
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 05:35:13 PM by Yooper »