Author Topic: Prostate Help?  (Read 11210 times)

Offline MommaDorian

• Learning
Prostate Help?
« on: July 29, 2007, 03:26:51 PM »
My husband, 33 years old, has been suffering from prostate problems for the past 18 months or so.  He's had multiple infections, been on multiple antibiotics.  Nothing seems to work, or it works for a few weeks, then his pain is back.  He suffers from pain and the feeling that he needs to urinate all the time.  Is there a good natural method for treating this?  I've seen vitamins, that support prostate health, but is that good enough?  I've been searching through www.mycatalog.com hoping to find something, but I really don't know what I'm looking for.

Thanks,
Dorian
Proud Mom of a child with autism!!!

If you've seen one child with autism, you've seen ONE child with autism!!

Offline Mommyof4

• Adept
Re: Prostate Help?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 07:56:33 PM »
Great anti-inflamatory for prostate issues.
Saw Palmento (sp?)
WATER
Pumpkin seeds
Cranberry
HTH
Lindsey
Blessed Mom:)
My village people:
Tate 10
Morgan 9
Charlotte 7.5
Silas 4.5

Offline MommaDorian

• Learning
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 02:47:30 AM »
Should he take the Saw Palmetto every day, or just when it's infected?

Dorian
SAHM to 3, Miles - ADHD ( 8), Marcus - ADHD, PDD-NOS, Mackenzie (3 going on 13)
Proud Mom of a child with autism!!!

If you've seen one child with autism, you've seen ONE child with autism!!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 08:30:24 AM »
Great anti-inflamatory for prostate issues.
Saw Palmento (sp?)
WATER
Pumpkin seeds
Cranberry
HTH
Lindsey
Add to that list wild yam (natural progesterone).
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline Mommyof4

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 07:07:50 PM »
I would give a guy that was having issues in this area 2 capsules a day, but once the issue went away I would lower it to a maintenance dose of 1 capsule daily. HTH
Blessed Mom:)
My village people:
Tate 10
Morgan 9
Charlotte 7.5
Silas 4.5

Offline Mrs.Visser

• The Mrs. Visser!!
  • Adept
  • Learn & Live Well!!
    • Growing Up Herbal
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 10:19:13 PM »
Quick question? Has anyone ever heard of black pepper causing prostate probs?? My dad was asking me about it the other day. He said he'd heard that it could if you ate too much of it on your food.

Offline BJ_BOBBI_JO

• Guru
  • I SEE YOU
    • BJ_BOBBI_JO blog
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2008, 06:38:58 AM »
What can be done to help with a tumor growing on the prostate?

Offline Mama Sita

• Adept
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2008, 07:06:43 AM »

I believe iodine is the key here. In fact, here is a link to support that.

http://www.newswithviews.com/Howenstine/james37.htm

Kinda long, and he talks more about breast health, but prostate health is in there, too.

MS
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 07:08:35 AM by Mama Sita »
"No one stands as tall as a Christian on his knees."
Get $5 off your first iHerb.com order: Code ISA141

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2008, 04:30:35 PM »
I don't know about tumor reduction; however my research into gallbladder function led me to find that prostate health is directly related to fat digestion.  Without the proper fats and the ability to absorb the proper fats, the prostate is one of many things in the body that may suffer.

This means no trans fats, plenty of omega 3s and if you don't have a gallbladder, supplements to aid in the absorption of the fats.  If the gallbladder/liver are functioning normally, then just getting the right stuff into the body is key.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2008, 04:31:25 PM »

Kinda long, and he talks more about breast health, but prostate health is in there, too.

MS
On this note, keep in mind that drinking chlorinated water can interfere with the absorption of iodine.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline Mama Sita

• Adept
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2008, 03:19:59 AM »

MS
On this note, keep in mind that drinking chlorinated water can interfere with the absorption of iodine.

HB, you are correct. Two other things that interfere with iodine absorption: fluoride and bromides. If you look at a periodic table of elements, all these are vertically in a group known as the halogens. Apparently, they've also added a new one (Astatine), but nobody told me about it..... ;D

Offline Mama Sita

• Adept
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2008, 03:35:16 AM »
I was really looking for prostate info this morning, and I came across Dr. Christopher's page on prostate. There is some very interesting info here, including herbs to help prostate problems, one of which being kelp. This seaweed, rich in iodine, is what saved a 70-year old man from prostate surgery, according to this website (see under Kelp).

http://www.herballegacy.com/Prostate.html

Good info.
I am thinking of getting some of Dr. Christopher's formulas for my dad, who I am guessing is having prostate problems (he won't come right out and tell me, of course...but is always hinting.)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 03:37:22 AM by Mama Sita »

Offline BJ_BOBBI_JO

• Guru
  • I SEE YOU
    • BJ_BOBBI_JO blog
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2008, 04:50:00 AM »
I just found out another uncle has a cancerous tumoer on his prostrate. The other uncle has cancer in his prostrate without a tumor I think.

Would iodine still be for those with cancer tumors?

Offline Mama Sita

• Adept
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2008, 11:56:03 AM »
I just found out another uncle has a cancerous tumoer on his prostrate. The other uncle has cancer in his prostrate without a tumor I think.

Would iodine still be for those with cancer tumors?

BJ, I am so sorry to hear about your uncles. My opinion is YES, the iodine would still be very beneficial for them. I would also get some of Dr. Christopher's formulas, along with liquid kelp or dulse (iodine supplement), and get them both started on them, as well as a good clean diet, lots of juicing veggies, aerobic exercise and no sugar whatsoever. Sugar feeds tumors (IMHO, although I do have evidence to support this.)

I'll be praying for both of these guys.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 11:57:49 AM by Mama Sita »

Offline SC

• Guru
  • Ephesians 5:2
    • Lexington Slim
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2008, 03:25:56 AM »
Glucose is required by cancer cells because cancer cells have altered their Krebs Cycle (the cycle of creating energy) from one of aerobic (utilizing oxygen) to one of anerobic (without oxygen). This means they utilize a fermentation process to produce energy. Glucose is a key ingredient for this process.

"Cancer does not cause cells to turn anaerobic, but rather it is stabilized anerobic respiration that is the single cause (or essential requirement) that turns the normal cells that depend on aerobic respiration into cancer cells." www.krysalix.net

The cell stops breathing oxygen and starts fermenting glucose (sugar) to make energy. When the cell starts fermenting glucose, the outside of the cell wall becomes coated with a dense layer of protein, [this is made up of unhealthy oils -- see vegetable oil thread ~ SC] which further inhibits oxygen from getting into the cell.
(above quotes from the book Cancer -- Step Outside the Box, Second Edition, Ty M. Bollinger ISBN: 0-9788065-0-6 -- page 90)

This is why sugar seems to 'feed' cancerous cells. The cancerous cells utilize glucose (in it's many forms, not just processed sugar, but also highly processed carbohydrates and juices made from fruits and vegetables) to continue growing spreading throughout the body.

PROPER SLEEP
It may seem like something so simple it is worth overlooking, but the human body needs proper sleep in a darkened room in order to regain and maintain health.
This link is on an unrelated topic, but it applies to EVERYONE:
http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,693.msg201212.html#msg201212

DIETARY CONSIDERATIONS (not inclusive)
Look for ways to eliminate all processed baked goods and other processed foods from the diet. Baked goods have a lot of chemical preservatives & etc. that really work against the cancer sufferer. Read the labels and you can see this for yourself. AVOID MOST VEGETABLE OILS: http://home.windstream.net/hughesnw/HealthDocs/vegetable_oil_history.htm
(New Yorker Article: Slippery Business The trade in adulterated olive oil. http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2007/08/13/070813fa_fact_mueller)

Don't panic if there is a reduced appetite
The body needs energy to fight this disease. Eating less means there is more energy used for other functions rather than digestion. Also, less food will help starve the cancer cells. The cancer will steal nourishment that comes into the body. Limiting the intake will starve the cancer cells long before the healthy cells (that are designed to survive famine). Eating less while battling cancer isn’t a bad thing . . . although it can make the person with cancer look very thin. The reduced nourishment can be balanced with warm teas and broths made from alfalfa leaf, dandelion, various greens, etc. Consider adding small amounts of cod liver oil to boost the nutrient value and provide needed oil.

WATER
Start using filtered water in all cooking and beverages, avoiding tap water. Water treatment plants are often outdated and cannot keep up with the new chemicals that are being developed daily and flushed into the system. It’s better to avoid them by not drinking from the tap. Particulate filters are better, distilled water is best. Particulate filters (in spite of their promotional brochures) remove only particles from the water. Other liquids/chemicals suspended within the water get through.

TOILETRIES
Find natural alternatives in the way of toiletries. Nothing with Sodium Laurel Sulfate should be used. This will transfer the chemicals in the product into the bloodstream. In shampoos, deodorants and toothpastes these are not good for someone battling cancer. I would switch to baking soda and start reading labels for alternative products.
http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,322.msg1892.html#msg1892

TARGETED CHEMO
Recently, I was in Chicago to hear MANY people speak about health issues at the Health Freedom Expo 2008.

While there, I listened to many speakers. One, however, seemed to use a multi-level approach that recognized the principles behind the Budwig Diet. His name is Kurt Donsbach. The following is from my notes taken during his presentation and I believe it is a gentler, more targeted chemotherapy approach that is worth a shot (if your doctors are willing).

INSULIN POTENTIATION THERAPY

Step 1: STARVE THE CANCER by eliminating sources of glucose
Eliminate all wheat, honey, maple syrup, fruit juice, ALL sources of sugar and processed carbohydrates are to be removed in order to reduce source of energy to the cancer cells. Cancer cells are anaerobic and utilize sugars in a fermentation process to produce energy. As you remove sugars from the diet, the cells become starved for glucose. The normal (healthy) cells will begin to burn fat. The cancer cells will actually send a message to the liver to make glucose.

Step 2: ADMINISTER TARGETED CHEMO
Insulin Potentiation
This method includes delivery of chemotherapy embedded in a sweet.

The blood glucose is lowered with insulin injection 30-40 mg/100 ml
This opens up the cancer cells glucose receptors to receive the sugar and take in the chemotherapy drug into their cells.

50cc glucose mixed with a 5% (microdose – much less than conventional therapies) of chemotherapy

90% of the solution is taken up by the cancer cells.

Here is a link to the notes I took during that session:
http://home.windstream.net/hughesnw/HFEXPO08/HFEsatDonsbach01.htm
(They are just that, notes and the summary I've provided here is for clarification)

DISCLAIMER
I am not saying that Insulin Potentiation Therapy will work in every case. I am saying that it’s worth considering with your doctor.

Budwig Mixture/Protocol
These guidelines along with the Budwig Mixture (I believe) can give the patient many tools with which he can help fight cancer. I haven't listed these things in order of importance, because (IMO) the Budwig Mixture is something that anyone can do in their own home. It's a gentle formula that can't hurt the individual and has (in some cases) yielded remarkable (breathtaking) results.
At worst, the Budwig Mixture can return some quality of life to the patient (my unqualified opinion).
http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,19456.msg194173.html#msg194173

A lot of what I've outlined here can also be found in the book Cancer Step Outside the Box, Second Edition by Ty M. Bollinger. A good resource IMO.

SORRY for the espistle HB!  :-[ ;D
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 03:36:01 AM by SC »
I'm no doctor . . .             I'm not even a Post hole Digger! ;)
See what works for me at LexingtonSlim.com

Offline SonJonSon

• Wide Eyed
Prostate Help?
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2012, 07:59:54 PM »
Shes says it is important to take an active role and protect yourself  .

doctors excuses