Author Topic: Need help for excess scar tissue  (Read 15445 times)

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
Need help for excess scar tissue
« on: June 26, 2006, 04:17:19 PM »
I have a very difficult situation, here.  Not only the problem itself, but the area as well.  I am wondering if anyone knows of anything that will heal scar tissue.  Here's the catch-it's not on the outside, it's on the inside.  It is also on a part of my husband that is very difficult to treat-if you understand where I am going. ;D
My husband is taking many supplements(coQ10, L-arganine, saw palmetto, macca root, ginseng, zinc, etc)  I have also done a few Castor oil poultices.  I am at a loss as to what to use for something on the inside.  Anyone have suggestions?  I am all researched out!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Re: Need help for excess scar tissue
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 05:14:35 PM »
Vitamin E works wonders on the outside.  How about vitamin E for the inside?  Omega 3's are supposed to be very helpful in healing damaged cartiladge, bone, and intestinal tissues - maybe it would helps as well.  It sure couldn't hurt.

Here's a couple of links I found.

iHerb.com

Cyberpet This one's for pets, but it had some interesting info on internal scarring.   ;D
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 02:38:40 AM »
Oh yeah, he is taking extra Vit E, too.  He is on so many supplements.  It is hard to remember them all!  Thanks, HB.

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 09:16:12 AM »
I'd recommend taking Aloe Vera juice or Aloe flesh, cut fresh out of the plant every day.

Aloe is a tremendous healer for other internal sores and scars (in the stomach and intestines) and should help him.

I had painful internal scarring after my firstborn. I douched aloe and drank the juice. It worked for me.

Rebekah
Honey Sunny in complete exasperation:
"JOE!!! You DOUGHNUT COCONUT COCONUT COCONUT!!!"

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 12:39:31 PM »
Thanks Bee,

I have two containers of aloe vera juice, but never thought of asking him to drink it.  Duh?!  About how long did it take before you saw a difference in your scar tissue healing?  If you could actually see a difference from the inside.  I mean, I am not sure as to when he should have to stop taking the juice since I won't be able to visibly see a difference.  A month, two, a year?  I guess he will just have to drink it for a long, long time!  Poor hubby :)

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 12:54:04 PM »
I just put a couple tablespoons in juice a couple times a day - it tastes okay that way. I never "saw" a difference, but I felt healed up within 6 months.

Rebekah
Honey Sunny in complete exasperation:
"JOE!!! You DOUGHNUT COCONUT COCONUT COCONUT!!!"

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2006, 02:58:59 AM »
Okay, my husband has been drinking about 2-3oz. of aloe vera juice for only a day and a half, now.  Yesterday, he said that he about toppled over from pain in the shower.  It was in "that" area where the scar tissue is.  Is this an actual healing process?  We both think it is amazingly weird that he has had absolutely no feeling in that scar tissue area for many months, but now, all of a sudden, there is pain.  I am getting too excited thinking that this is healing.  PLEASE TELL ME IT IS!!!! :)

Offline Issa

• Learning
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2007, 11:07:06 AM »
I know this was a very old topic, but thought I'd say something that I just found out....from this site I think.  For internal scarring I read to rub emu oil (or ingest even!) on the area needed and take fresh juiced ripe coconut cream.  Also, the abdominal massage that some midwives give for woman postpartum is also great for breaking up scar tissue along with general male health I'm told. I'm assuming and hoping he's better, but still you might look into that....now that it's been almost a year. :D
If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans.

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2007, 03:19:09 PM »
I'm assuming and hoping he's better, but still you might look into that....now that it's been almost a year. :D

Thanks for the tip.  We have exhausted all our resources on this and have made peace with the fact that he will probably never heal completely.  I can't really masage this...ah hem....so called area very well!  ;)
But maybe this thread will help someone else in the future.

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2007, 03:48:11 PM »
EM,

I would think anything in this thread would work on your area, too.  Scar tissue is scar tissue wether on a male or female.  I hope you get it healed for another pregnancy.  Sorry for your recent loss.  :-*

Offline Helen

• Adept
    • personal blog
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2007, 06:18:29 AM »
systmic enzymes seem to help some people with scar tissue. 

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2007, 07:24:46 AM »
systmic enzymes seem to help some people with scar tissue. 

Helen,

Do you know of a specific name for a systemic enzyme?  Like lipase, bromelain, and amylase are examples of digestive enzymes.  What are the systemic ones?

Offline Helen

• Adept
    • personal blog
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2007, 10:00:03 AM »
Vitalzym ™ Ingredients: (click for detailed information)

Proteolytic enzymes - Protease
Serrapeptase
Nattokinase (in SEB)
Bromelain
Papain
Amia
Rutin
C0Q10 (in SEB)
Magnesium (in SEB)

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2007, 03:57:19 PM »
Oh, my goodness!  Vitalzym is over $100 a bottle!!!  :o  I am thinking I could save the money in a year's time and just get a second vas reversal.   ;D

Offline jaemom

• Adept
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2007, 02:14:05 PM »
HIO,
I've been doing research on internal scarring for my mom's pulmonary fibrosis.  Serrapeptase and/or nattokinase seems to be the main enzymes recommended for the healing of scar tissue.  Most of the information I have read has come from people selling the enzyme blends though.  If this is something you'd still like to try, it is less expensive to buy the enzymes separate instead of part of a formula.  If you try it let me know.  I'm still thinking about trying these with my mom.

Here's a link: http://www.physicianformulas.com/store/Scripts/prodview.asp?idproduct=93&name=Serrapeptase

modified to add this link: http://betterhealthinternational.com/productDetails.asp_Q_prodID_E_3905
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 07:52:23 PM by jaemom »
Wife to J (10 yrs)
Mom to B (9), G (7), G (2), and B (1)

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2007, 04:18:14 PM »
HIO,

How does your husband drink the aloe vera?  Does he mix it with something or drink it straight?  I bought a bottle awhile ago because I know it would be good for an AI I'm trying to heal but I'm afraid to try it and don't know if I'm supposed to mix it with something.  The bottle doesn't say.  Does it taste awful (just preparing myself)?  I'd sure like to try this if I could figure out how. 

thanks,

patti
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2007, 05:11:56 AM »
HIO,

How does your husband drink the aloe vera? 

He did drink a plain kind, but we found a flavored kind at our local HFS that is great.  It is thicker and has the pulp, so I would think it is better for you, anyways.  It is called Lily of the Desert Orange Papaya Aloe Vera Juice.
But if you have the plain kind, and don't like the taste, you can always mix it with something to get it to go down.  ;)

Offline skelliott2

• Adept
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2008, 06:54:22 PM »
My 8-year-old son has some small round scars on his face from the shingles he just got over.  Do you think Vitamin E would be the best thing to put on this?  Any other ideas?

YoopreMama

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2008, 12:59:56 AM »
I think it'd be one of the top suggestions...that and aloe vera...lavender EO is supposed to be good for it, too.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 07:17:31 AM by Yooper »

Offline skelliott2

• Adept
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2008, 10:39:56 AM »
I think it'd be one of the top suggestions...that and aloe vera...lavender EO is supposed to be good for it, too.

Thanks!