† † † † † † †

Author Topic: Super Healthy Men????  (Read 13257 times)

Offline jeniwren

• Adept
Re: Super Healthy Men????
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2006, 05:05:38 PM »
That is such a great idea, about stocking up an area of the refer for hubby to grab a snack. I think I'll steal that idea if you don't mind   ;D

I made some Better-For-You oatmeal Raisin Cookies today and they were harshly critiqued as being dry and crumbly. I put in less butter so that I could add honey and maple syrup instead of the refined sugars and then I used whole wheat flour. Despite the criticism they were eaten up quickly  :D I keep working on the measurements, but I'm not going back to the old way!

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2006, 05:08:27 PM »
I made some Better-For-You oatmeal Raisin Cookies today and they were harshly critiqued as being dry and crumbly. I put in less butter so that I could add honey and maple syrup instead of the refined sugars and then I used whole wheat flour. Despite the criticism they were eaten up quickly  :D I keep working on the measurements, but I'm not going back to the old way!

guess you could use the reg amount of butter to fix the crumbliness, but also, have you tried whole wheat pastry flour?  it works great in cookies, and you can't even tell it's not white!  just a thought!   ;)
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2006, 07:59:50 PM »

That's probably the best way to do it.  Make them really undesirable the first time, and then every time after that, it's an improvement.  HAHAHAHA.  It's all a matter of perspective.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline The Spaminator

• Global Moderator
  • Learning
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2006, 10:56:24 PM »
   T. chia seeds (mixed with kefir and coconut oi lin beg. to grind well)

...as in Chia Pets?

Offline hisgirl

• Learning
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2008, 11:05:17 AM »
My husband recently switched from an intense physical-labor job to an office job. He did fine with health and weight maintenance on the former job, but now has to eat almost nothing to keep the weight off. He does a basic home workout a few times a week and eats quality food (for the most part  :)) when he does eat. 

Any good tips? We were wondering too about a basic cleanse that could help with his health in general while not causing too much of  a mental or physical drain: any recommendations on which one? I got lost looking through all the different threads. :)