Author Topic: Garlic Enemas: Recipes, Tips & Tricks  (Read 52359 times)

Offline abbilynn

• Master
    • Visit my blog!
Re: Garlic Enemas: Recipes, Tips & Tricks
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2007, 04:12:05 PM »
One of my son's has been sick with high fever and congestion.  He's getting better but tonight I noticed that one of the other boys was starting to run a fever and said his belly hurt.  So I did a garlic enema for him to ward off any sickness coming.  Right after, he went potty and most of it came out.  Is that okay?  Will it still work?  I'm really new at this whole thing.  And try explaining the reasoning behind an enema to a 4 yr old.... :o ??? ;)

abbilynn
Wife for 11 years, Mommy to 3 rambunctious boys!!  :)  Lover of Jesus, my hubby, my kids, and learning!
--------------------------------------------------------------
http://glutenfreegoose.blogspot.com/

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2007, 04:58:29 PM »
Right after, he went potty and most of it came out.  Is that okay?  Will it still work?  I'm really new at this whole thing. 

This is fine.  The garlic enema is not a "retention" enema, anyways.  I couldn't retain a garlic one even if I wanted to!  ;D  The colon is very fast at absorbing herbs and the like.  I am sure he got plenty.  Hope he feels better soon!  ;)

Offline abbilynn

• Master
    • Visit my blog!
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2007, 04:13:48 AM »
You were right Healthy - he woke up this morning with no fever and no belly ache.  Yay!  ;D  Hopefully that means we have avoided him getting sick like his brother (he has a respiratory virus)!  I'm sure glad I decided to give it a try!

abbilynn
Wife for 11 years, Mommy to 3 rambunctious boys!!  :)  Lover of Jesus, my hubby, my kids, and learning!
--------------------------------------------------------------
http://glutenfreegoose.blogspot.com/

Offline savedbygrace

• Adept
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2007, 06:54:41 AM »
Do you supose a garlic enema would do any good for getting rid of a lung infection? Also, is it ok to give to a baby (mine is 4 months old and weighs about 13 pounds) Thanks for any imput   ;D

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2007, 04:39:05 PM »
Also, is it ok to give to a baby (mine is 4 months old and weighs about 13 pounds)

I gave my son an enema when he was just a couple months old.  But it was a catnip enema for a fever.  I wouldn't suggest a garlic enema that young, IMO, only because they make me cramp.  But you could give him just a plain water enema to clean out his little colon.  I wouldn't use more than a cup.

HOW TO HERB BOOK SUGGESTS:  For babies use 1 small garlic bud to 1 pt. of water.  So, they okay it.

Good luck with it!!

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2007, 03:14:18 PM »
Do you all find a need for probiotics after a garlic enema?

I take a probiotic on a daily basis, anyways.  But I would not need extra for just one.  If I do one a day for many days in a row, then I would up my dosage of probiotics.  JMO.

Offline joyofthelord

• Adept
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2007, 08:06:54 AM »
will the little blue bulb syringe work for adults, too or just for kids?  this is so new to me.

Offline LoveSunflowers

• Master
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2007, 10:55:56 AM »
So, my little guy, 6 mos. is having constipation trouble. Would a garlic enema be effective? He hadn't pooped in five days and after a plain, warm water enema, I had a full diaper. He pooped on his own yesterday but not yet today. I think that he is still backed up from the 5 days of not pooping. He is mostly breastfed and eats applesauce in the morning and an egg yolk for dinner. He used to poop every day. :(
Jessica

Offline Pennie

• Master
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2007, 11:51:55 AM »
In my experience (5 kids worth  ::))they can go several days w/o pooping when they are very young. Especially during a growth spurt which I think 6 months is one of them if I remember correctly.  I don't start mine on food that young though so I don't know if egg yolk could constipate.  Also I think I have heard that you aren't supposed to give them the yolk b/f a year? I COULD have my facts wrong but I thought b/f a yr you were only supposed to give them the white.  I don't know of the reason.  Mayb you should not give him any more protein for awhile.  I would think breastmilk would be sufficent for that for a long while yet.  That is just MO though.  HTH

Offline amenking

• Learning
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2008, 06:00:29 AM »
I suspect my son has pinworms and was wondering if garlic enemas would help to get rid of them.  I know that garlic is good for killing parasites. 

Thanks

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2008, 06:20:05 AM »
I suspect my son has pinworms and was wondering if garlic enemas would help to get rid of them.  I know that garlic is good for killing parasites. 

Thanks
You might check the thread on "Pinworms".

http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,15070.0.html
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline IowaDove

• Adept
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2012, 01:21:56 PM »
What can I do if the enema doesn't work to break a fever? My 5 yr old has a really high one (103.8 ) since yesterday and I've done 2 garlic enemas with no change. Do I keep doing them or should I try something else? She was hallucinating this afternoon (which is normal for my kids when they have fevers) and I really don't want to be doing that again tonight. Any advice? I've also been giving her baths and making her drink a bunch of herbal teas and water. Giving her probiotics etc. What else am I missing? I'm so sleep deprived I can't think right now  :-\
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 01:54:33 PM by ColoradoDove »

Offline DHW

• Adept
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2012, 04:13:43 PM »
Catnip is good for reducing fevers.  It can be taken as a tea, or given as an enema.

Offline IowaDove

• Adept
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2012, 04:47:47 PM »
I don't have catnip on hand, I'll have order it  :-\ what about yarrow? She's drinking some in her tea, would a yarrow enema be a good idea or not? I also gave one to my 2 1/2 yr old since he looks like he's coming down with the same, but it just didn't seem to do wonders for him like others were saying on here...he seems to be getting worse. I'm nervous about overdoing them, but should I keep it up until the fever breaks? How often? I really don't want to go thru the hallucinations again...please help!

Offline DHW

• Adept
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2012, 05:32:05 PM »
here are several herbs for fever: http://www.anniesremedy.com/chart_remedy.php?tag=fever

White willow bark, meadowsweet or sage would be ones I would try for reducing fever.  Yarrow can be good, but not for those with allergies to the aster family.

Anti-pyretics/febrifuges reduce fever.  Diapohoretics induce sweating by raising body temp.  Yarrow is a diaphoretic.  Since your children are prone to hallucinations I would probably not use the diaphoretics (a rise in temp is what brings on febrile seizures, also a neurological symptom).

Offline IowaDove

• Adept
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2012, 01:52:53 PM »
Thank you, that is helpful! My dd is over the fever, but now my son has it and croup so I guess I will look at that thread now  :-\