Author Topic: Aluminum Free Lifestyle  (Read 31367 times)

Offline DaddysHelpmeet

• Tanya
  • Learning
Re: Aluminum Free Lifestyle
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2007, 06:14:03 PM »
Thanks so much for this posting..It was a big help. I am slowly converting over to aluminum free. It is slow becuase sometimes you just can't tell what is aluminum and what is not. So, having said that I appreciate all the insight I get from the postings on this subject.

Tanya
Proud wife of 12 years and mother of 5 beautiful children. Esther 10 yo, Ezra 9 yo, Anna Grace 7 yo, Nekoda Joy 6 yo, Noah Faith 4 yo...No greater Job on the earth..

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2007, 07:37:06 AM »
I found this article.  Interesting...

One can take steps to minimise the effects of aluminium in the environment. A sustained, three pronged attack is the most effective response;

* Avoiding it,
    * Blocking its uptake with supplements (calcium, magnesium, iron)
    * Eating foodstuffs that help to eliminate it from your system. Sulfur-rich foods such as cabbage, beans and lentils, onions, garlic asafetida (alt. sp. asafoetida)and egg yolks.

from http://www.hints-n-tips.com/aluminum.htm

Thank you... this was helpful. Is that garlic asafetida just regular garlic?
Here's some info on asafetida.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asafoetida

It also says it's useful in digestion and asthma and other bronchial disorders...very interesting.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline natural

• Adept
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2007, 01:29:10 PM »
Hi all, I am a kitchen consultant with a very well known company and I am having a November special on our cookware (stainless and non-stick (NOT Teflon) cookware.

PM me if you are interested, this would be a great gift to buy your household, and fun for you too  ;D

Sandra
4 yo Maciah: Mamma I am scared the wind is howling.
Me: Go to sleep Jesus will protect you.
4 yo Maciah: (stretching his chin to chest) But, but I can't see Jesus my head can't reach into my heart.

Offline Whiterock

• Jesus Knows Me, This I Love
  • Guru
  • Eph 6:16
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2008, 12:08:09 PM »
I just found a line of "natural" deodorant called Essentials from Arm & Hammer. It's Aluminum free and Paraben free. And it even works for my dh.  ;D

The one I have is the Unscented, but it actually smells like lemon candy. Dd loves to take the cap off and smell it. LOL!

Anyway, the ingredients are:
Dipropylene Glycol, Purified Water, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Sterate (derived from Palm nut/fruit), Baking Soda, Chamomile Flower Oil, Coriander Fruit Oil, Geranium Flower Oil, Orange Peel Oil, Triethyl Citrate, Triclosan, Tetrasodium EDTA, Allantoin

WR
Who Needs God?

My Blog - Yarb d'Farb Knarb Check out the Wellness Wednesday tag for your health-related blog posts!