Natural Health => Nutrition & Food => Recipes, Menus & Diet Plans => : healthybratt April 25, 2006, 06:10:13 PM

: The Maker's Diet
: healthybratt April 25, 2006, 06:10:13 PM
From Beeyoutifulgirl

The Maker's Diet is great for curing all those "indefinite" diseases. You can buy the book here. (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0884199487/102-5347994-3808955?v=glance&n=283155)

This is becoming a pretty hot topic, but it's scattered throughout the board.  Feel free to add your experiences, successes/failures or questions concerning this Diet.

: ForeverGirl April 25, 2006, 06:23:39 PM
LOL - thanks  :D
: natural May 13, 2006, 04:37:53 AM
I have found several different versions of the MAker's Diet  by Rubin, one publ. in 2005 and one in 2004. One said it was a Shoppers Guide, another said "change your life in forty days (or something like that) which one do I need.

Do I Need to purchase all his products, or is this an all around good health and eating tips?

Sandra
: ForeverGirl May 13, 2006, 04:47:42 AM
That would be entirely up to you. He thinks, of course, that you need to purchase all his stuff.

I bought only the book.
: healthybratt May 13, 2006, 05:27:16 AM

Click here (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0884199487/002-0163662-5410408?v=glance&n=283155).  This book is pretty complete in and of itself.  I checked it out from the library.
: a_new_creation May 14, 2006, 03:57:46 AM
I've read most of the book, but it pretty much parallels what Nourishing Traditions/Weston A. Price Foundation has to say.  That said, NT advocates the use of lard but does not have any pork recipes (besides bacon or sausage, I think).  MD is against all unclean animal products (meat and fat).  We pretty much follow MD except for the occasional organic/free-range bacon or sausage I make for my dh.  I, personally, am trying to avoid pork.  We thoroughly enjoy eating this way and have been very healthy.  My dc (3.5yo ds and 1.5yo dd) get 1-2 minor colds per year, no ear infections, no stomach bugs.  We have been eating this way all their lives so they don't know any different.  We walk down the candy aisle at Wal-mart and they are oblivious! :)

In the book he does push a lot of his supplements, which is kind of annoying.  I used his Primal Defense and Fungal Defense products long before I ever heard of the book.  Those were my first "encounters" w/ probiotics and I would recommend them to adults.  (I think it is too strong for dc.)  My dh and I took the PD together and boy, did it CLEAN US OUT!  We started off w/ 1 pill a day for a week, increasing our dosage by 1 pill each week.  We got up to 8 pills/day and kept that going for a month or 2.  Both of us had copious green junk pouring out of our sinuses.  We did not have colds or anything.  Felt fine except we had to blow our nose every 5 minutes.  Also cleaned us out on the other end.  ;)  Helped w/ skin issues for me and allergies for my dh.  I would not recommend them to nursing or pg mothers who have never used them before.  I would use them now (I'm 10 weeks pg) but it doesn't affect me like that anymore, even if I start out on 8 pills/day.  It ain't cheap, so we try to get our probiotics from kefir and cultured veggies now that we have jumpstarted w/ the PD.

So, 2 thumbs up! ;D
: healthybratt May 14, 2006, 05:18:33 AM

Thanks for that recommendation.  I think I really would like to read this one.
: konk May 14, 2006, 07:35:45 AM
They're coming out with an audio book version and I've requested it from the library when it arrives.  I like to listen to things like that as I do my housework and I absorb things well that way.  I'm not sure how it handles the recipes though.

Lack of money for quality meat finds us doing a lot of vegetarian eating.  I've enjoyed learning to fix such food but about once a week (or more often, especially for the children) we eat good meat.  I do believe a mostly vegetarian diet is quite healthy but I don't believe children should be on a complete vegetarian diet.

I get my vegetarian recipes from savingdinner.com and just add good meat to a stir-fry or something when I can.

That's a good site to teach you how to make dishes heavier in vegetables and it's usually seasonal so I can use food locally and in season.  They do have very good recipes for traditional and crock pot cooking (not vegetarian) all of which I find to be a great way to make sure I have dinner planned out in a crunch and I imagine it would be great for meal planning/training for new moms who perhap do not yet have a standard meal plan for the family worked out.  Of course, my husband loves the meals but I imagine the usefulness would vary depending on how selective your husband's palate is.

The library probably has the books.
: jaemom July 26, 2006, 02:03:55 AM
I just got this book yesterday.  I paid a little over $2 (not including shipping) from Amazon.com.  I realized as I was skimming through it that it has one typo repeated over and over again (someone's name).  I really don't mind the typo.  ;)  I still have not found a source for organic meats or raw dairy that we can afford.  Would it be pointless to follow his diet with regular meat?  I understand the importance of organic, anti-biotic free meats, but just can't fit them into our budget at this time.  We don't really have any health problems yet, just need to lose a few pounds and want to get our kiddos into healthy eating habits before they get any older.
: abbilynn July 26, 2006, 02:38:58 AM
Can someone explain the "basics" of the Maker's Diet?  I keep reading about it here but have no idea what it involves.  Also, we get our beef from an amish guy my husband works with.  He grows his own grain to feed them or they graze on grass.  No chemicals or hormones.  Just plain 'ol cows.  We have to buy 1/4 at a time which is alot of money upfront, but ends up the same as what we would pay weekly at the store.  So, maybe check that route.  It's probably cheaper than trying to buy beef that people specifically grow "organic."  You pay alot just for the label.
: SC July 26, 2006, 03:39:31 AM
A LOOSE summary of the Maker's Diet would be a whole food diet (meaning, nothing processed) with kosher guidelines. That doesn't quite cover all of the specifics, but it gives you a general idea. If it isn't recognizable to the farmer by the time it hits your table, then it probably isn't on the Maker's Diet. Plus, there are some hygiene and exercise guidelines.
: shawnaincov August 09, 2006, 04:36:06 AM
I am reading The Maker's Diet upon the recommendation of Beka in another thread.  I read last night about spirulina.  He says that it contains B12 analogs and cannot be metabolized by the body.  I thought I read in another thread how it is metabolized but couldn't find it this morning to save my life.  Can anyone help or contribute to this?  He also says that taking megavitamins may actually be harmful to the body?  I am taking the supermom and feel better.  I am just wondering because I know so many on this site have talked about this book, and also take the supplements.  These two conflict in ideas.  Thanks for any input.

Shawna :-*
: jaemom August 09, 2006, 06:27:19 AM
I kind of asked this question in another thread, but wanted to go into more detail and felt it would fit better here.  My entire family has yeast problems.  I wanted to start the Maker's Diet, but found out I'm expecting and my hubby doesn't want to follow a very restrictive diet.  We are both overweight.  Would it still work if we followed the 2nd or 3rd phase for longer period of time?  I would give my hubby Yeast Assassin, TTU, and SuperDad.  I would take TTU, Supermom, and maybe digestive enzymes.  I'm considering giving my children digestive enzymes along with the diet and TTU.  Any other suggestions?
: shawnaincov August 09, 2006, 12:23:36 PM
Bump! ::) ;D
: gusoceros August 11, 2006, 12:01:42 PM
Its an interesting question.  I dont seem to get any extra energy from spirulina.  I was curious about it after reading some of the other posts on it- however, the Perfect Food from Garden of Life has spirulina in it- so, if Jordan Rubin actually believes it isnt able to be processed, then he probably wouldnt put it in his products.  That is just my first thought, off the top of my head.

Can you give a reference to what part of the book you saw this statement by Jordan Rubin in the Makers Diet?  I would like to check my copy, and see.

G
: Christal August 13, 2006, 03:24:24 AM

We have started with phase 3 because we have so many melons in the garden that our forbidden in phase 1.  We have both noticed improvements in our energy and we get full quicker.  I have also started steadily lossing weight.  I lost 4 pounds in less than two weeks with no exercise.  I had been walking 30 min morning and evening and doing 30 to 40 min of stretching toning a day for the whole month prior to the Maker's Diet and had not lost a pound.  We do plan to start walking again for health and I am confident I will continue to steadly loose weight.

I would think you could follow phase three and have a healthy pregnancy.  As long as you eat the allowed foods when hungry you should maintain or gain a healthy weight for your baby.
: Lovin'myHoneyinVT October 20, 2006, 03:50:44 AM
I realize no one has talked about this since August but since I just found this website last week or so I was able to get the book and my husband has been pushing for us to start this better eating thing so he can have relief in his digestion problems.  Yay! We started today!  I haven't received the YA from Beeyoutiful yet but expect them today or tomorrow.  ???  We started the parasite cleanse in anticipation of doing the liver cleanse and I have the grapefruit on my counter, waiting...I know we will feel better as a family when we are treating our bodies the way God would have us! :D

I was thinking of putting my teen boys on phase two of the Maker's Diet but wondered if anyone has started there and still had good results?
: Christal October 20, 2006, 04:28:29 AM

My husband and I started with phase 3 and had really good results in just two weeks.  I lost 7 pounds and my skin problems started improving.  We both experienced great energy boosts after the first few days of sugar withdrawal (tired, blah feeling).  DH is a teacher and usually has stress headaches the first two weeks back to school but he avoided it this year because of the diet.  We just did it two or three weeks before school and then in September we backslided and are feeling the old tired self again.  We are trying to get back into things again but those first few days of withdrawal are tough.
: Lovin'myHoneyinVT October 20, 2006, 08:38:55 AM
Thanks, did you also do the YA? We haven't gotten them today and I was a little disappointed.  The mailman actually drove up and delivered something to our neighbor so I got excited unduly.. :-\

Thanks again, Melissa
: Christal October 20, 2006, 01:40:12 PM
Thanks, did you also do the YA?

We didn't at that time.  I was eating the occasional yogurt.  We knew that it would be hard to stay away from sugar in September because of local events we were involved in so we didn't go all out because of the cost of YA.  I wish we had been more careful because now it is like starting from scratch again but a little harder because hubby is now at school and we can't hold each other accountable.  I am now trying the YA and avoiding sugar (phase 3).  I have stayed away from sugar for two days now and today I have felt real tired.  I want to go to bed but we haven't eaten supper yet, hubby isn't even in from the deer wood's yet.  :-\
: boysmama November 07, 2006, 02:57:49 PM
Could some one please tell me if Maker's Diet endorses sprouted/fermented grains?
: 16goingon17 November 07, 2006, 03:18:34 PM
I've read the book, but I don't remember if he talks directly about sprouted/fermented grains. However, he does include quite a few of Sally Fallon's recipes which call for soaking the flour, etc.
: Christal November 08, 2006, 04:30:30 AM

He does endorse sprouted/fermented grains.  I loaned my book out but if I remember correctly he prefers sprouted and fermented foods.
: cefalopod November 08, 2006, 06:42:42 AM
Hello, eatwild.com is a good source for healthy animal products, also realmilk.org.  You can search by states.  Locate a Weston Price group, and call them for resources.  If you have a Trader Joes in your town, it is a great resource as well.  We were vegetarians for many years because we could not afford healthy meat.  I now know that it is worth skimping on any other area in your budget to make this work.  A Farmers Market is an excellent place to find local, organic healthy food, and meet the person who grew or raised it in person.  You are also supporting local smaller farmers, so it is a win-win situation.  We just recently moved to a new state, and decided it was a good time to commit wholly to changing our diet.  We had read The Maker's Diet, but the basic principals are common sense, and we had realized them before we read the book.  Our philosophy- the further from the tree (or where ever it originated), the less healthy it is.  We found a Farmer's Market, and were surprised and blessed to find 2 local organic meat and egg producers, a raw cheese producer, a very good organic vegetable farmer, and an all natural mercantile with popcorn, oatmeal etc. The Lord is good!  We go every Saturday as a family, and we spend $50 for a family of 7.  Whatever they have is what we get.  We try new things often, and it is fun!  We buy a few other essentials from a health food grocery (olive oil, etc)  but we are hoping to be able to phase that out after we find a co-op.  I do recommend reading the book, it is a good investment to buy it.  This new journey to healthy eating has been life changing for our family, and the kids are enjoying it also- I feel better than I ever have!  I do not mind that I am losing my "baby weight" much quicker this time, either. :)
: boysmama November 08, 2006, 11:32:34 AM
Thanks for the replies. I am going to order the book this weekend.
: boysmama November 26, 2006, 05:16:46 PM
Do any of you have/use the clenzology kit? I'd like to know what the basic principles are. Is it a specific way of washing w/ soap or is it a special cleansing product.  ???
: boysmama November 26, 2006, 05:29:55 PM
I had the same question as I read the book... the reference to spirulina depleting B12 levels is on pg.101. Just on the surface it looks like spirulina should be used in short supplementation programs rather than in daily regime, especially for vegetarians.  ??? Are superfoods meant to be taken for long periods of time?
Personally this is our plan... to take supplements only to help our bodies regain balance and focus more on good nutrition. We normally only use supplements/herbs for two weeks at a time.
I would love to hear from some beeyoutiful staff on this thread. (or anyone who has studied spirulina extensively)
: cpsenter November 26, 2006, 10:44:02 PM
I don't have it but have read about it.  He believes that you should especially keep your nails and the areas around your nose and eyes clean b/c so much of what gets into our bodies are from those two areas. so it has a solution to clean around those areas and then it has a face wash solution for morning and night and I believe a gum cleanser that does not contain flouride.
hope that helps some!
sounded interesting to me but have not tried it b/c it was so expensive (like 40 I think)

: Lovin'myHoneyinVT November 27, 2006, 06:35:14 AM
I don't have the clenzology kit either but took the principles and applied them.  I wash my finger nails with soap and rinse, then splash my eyes and face with cold/lukewarm water (depending on my mood), then I blow my nose and rinse out the insides of my nostrils with my finger tips a few times  :P, then wash my hands again.
I have allergies to my two cats and dog as well as pollen and dust mites.  I used to have to wake up in the night a few times to blow my nose and then carry a handkerchief for an hour in the morning as I cleaned out.  Since I started using the yeast assassin, doing the forty days with the Maker's diet, and cleaning every night and morning...I have not had any symptoms unless I rub my face in the cats!  I am so happy to learn how to get rid of my allergies and not have to live with them anymore.    ;D

Melissa
: yoopermom2 March 01, 2007, 10:36:51 AM
I'm wanting to buy the Maker's Diet and was wondering what the newest edition is...seems on ebay and half.com it's 2006.  Does anyone know if 2005 and 2006 are that much different?  The price is.  Not a big deal just trying to get the "best buy." ;D
Thanks for any info.
: TrinaMama March 13, 2007, 09:09:54 AM
I used the first version and have had great results.  I lost almost 20 lbs, no longer have painful menstral cycles, manage to put in a good days work with energy to spare, and rarely catch the bugs that are going around.  My kids are thriving and hubby noticed a jump in his PT score after 2 weeks.  I'd go for the cheaper book and put the money toward good food.

: IMPersuadd May 21, 2007, 12:46:54 PM
This is the 1st time I've ever started a topic so forgive me if I do it wrong.   :-\  I searched for Maker's Diet and didn't see what I was looking for so . . .

For those of you who have actually READ the book and tried the principles therein for the 40 days or greater what were your results and opinions?

What about children - any thoughts on age and ability to do the 40 days "jump start"?

And for nursing mothers - is the 40 days (particularly the 1st two weeks) safe?

Has anyone used any of his supplements?  If so, which ones and what type of result?

I agree with much of the principles and am just trying to weed things out and balance it out before "inflicting" it on my family.   ;)

And last but not least - has anyone actually made it a "way of life" without falling back to the SAD in some form or manner?

Thanx for all your feedback!   :)
Lori
: IMPersuadd May 22, 2007, 04:01:47 PM
Bump   :D
: 4my3rascals May 22, 2007, 04:26:43 PM

And for nursing mothers - is the 40 days (particularly the 1st two weeks) safe?

Thanx for all your feedback!   :)
Lori

I have read this book 3 times.  I am very convinced that a lot of the information can greatly improve the health of those willing to follow the guidelines; however, I did not implement every recommendation simply because it was overwhelming.  Finacially I am not is a position to purchase the products his company sells nor all the foods he recommends.  I have a budget to keep.  Yet, I have gradually introduced the concepts.  I started with changing breakfast meals.  Learned how to make a lot of pancakes, french toast, waffles, soaked oatmeal, and scrambled eggs & toast.  I quit buying cereal.  I started using less processed foods.  We planted a garden for the first time.  I started using my water filter again.   We have implemented a lot of ideas about hygiene as well.  Bought some scrub brushes for those dirty fingernails, quit buying anti-bacterial soap.  I also purchased the cod liver oil from Garden of Life.  At first it was just gross; but, I forced myself to take it and found it beneficial.  I learned to make Kefir myself after locating a raw milk source, so I chose not to purchase the probiotic (whole food vs. a pill).  Changing the diet of my children is still challenging.  I had trained them to enjoy the artifical processed sugarary foods.  After several months, my husband and I feel great.  We do not walk around with a bloated stomach, nor feel tired all the time.  I also learned how to take periods of rest.
IMO, if someone has the time, energy and money to invest in the full program, I feel the person would definitely see an improvement at the end of 40 days.  For me rather than make it a 40 day diet, I decided to gradually implement the principles and make it a way of life.  Our SAD is almost completely kicked out the door and a healthier diet is in place.
: Lovin'myHoneyinVT May 23, 2007, 06:28:50 AM
What is SAD?  I did the diet with the older book and bought the yeast assassin and vitamins from BEEYOUTIFUL.  We bought raw milk and made kefir and still have a smoothie every morning.  We do have spelt bread now but no pasta unless we are at someone else's home and my boys are teens with their own money and they buy the sugary things which we don't.  They did do the diet (unwillingly) and I modified it to be mostly the third phase for them.  Their acne was almost all gone by the time the forty days were up.  I also had no more rosacea so my Dr. wrote a referral for the vitamins and supplements as a medical need which then got paid for by our insurance...you have to prove that it works though.
 Melissa
: 4myhoonie May 23, 2007, 07:51:52 AM

we've used both and the Carlson is much better tasting and tastes lemony rather than fishy.  might be cheaper too.
: lotsaboys May 23, 2007, 08:37:11 AM
What is SAD?

I believe she is referring to "Standard American Diet". ;)
: Syrena June 07, 2007, 02:54:10 PM

I know this is an old topic but I have the same questions. I'm also reading the 'Maker's Diet' now and I'm curious about the author's comment that multi-vitamins are bad for you/Spirulina doesn't work.  :-\

: Maria/NHM June 08, 2007, 02:27:48 AM
I can't find my book at the moment :( I thought he was saying that spiralina was good just not a source for B12. Does anyone have that quote or the page number so we could look it up? For the multi vitamins I thought he was just recomending that you be careful of your source. Some multi vitamins are pretty bad. He sells tons of supplements so I can't imagine he's against all vitamins ;)

: Chickory Chick June 08, 2007, 03:54:32 AM

Maria
The Makers Diet "The Desperate Search for Health" pg 101.  He is discussing the Myth that Vitamin B12 can be obtained from plant sources.

"Many vegetarians believe they get vitamin B12 from eating tempeh (fermented soybean cake), spirulina (a type of algae), and brewer's yeast.  Though these foods actually contain compounds called B12 analogs, these compounds cannot be metabolized by the body.  Some researchers believe that spirulina, although a generally healthy food, actually depletes vitamin B12 because the B12 analogs compete with vitamin B12 and inhibit the metabolism of the vitamin."

I dont have time to look up the multivitamin one, but I believe he was referring to synthetic multivitamins (like those found at Walmart) as opposed to multivitamins made from whole foods.

HTH  Kay
: elevenhounds September 13, 2007, 07:22:14 AM
1) Are the Beeyoutiful vitamins as good as Garden Of Life that is recommended in the book?

2) Would buying bulk spirulina (through the Bulk Herb Store which is very reaonable) and taking that daily be as good as the recommended Green Super Food from Garden Of Life

3) And what about the aromatherapy that is recommended in the book?  Anyone find a cheaper alternative?

We are also on a strict budget--a family of six--and I want to do this diet as well as possible.

Finally I wondered about medications that are necessary.  I am on Paxil for anxiety and Paxil cannot be stopped cold turkey without bad side effects and withdrawal.  Can I still do the diet while on Paxil and try to discontinue the Paxil slowly once my health and mental state is better?

: momofskc September 13, 2007, 11:06:22 AM
elevenhounds, I only had a comment about the bulk spirulina from BHS.  I had ordered some and just let me tell you, it was very difficult to put it into capsules yourself because it is ground so fine that it almost looks like a liquid in the bag.  My husband rigged up our own encapsulator and it worked pretty well, but was VERY tedious.  Hopefully just a helpful tip to save you some headache.  I guess it just depends on how much time you want to devote to it.
Hope this is helpful.
Julie
: Lovin'myHoneyinVT October 01, 2007, 03:12:00 AM
The supermom and other supplements from Beeyoutiful have spirulina in them.  I didn't need any extra.

Lovin'
: bakermom December 27, 2007, 10:51:18 AM
 If you have done this diet, what are  the most important things to eat?  Should you avoid gluten products or are whole grains acceptable.  Is it ok to use yeast in bread?  How about sour dough? Raw milk?  thanks!!
: IMPersuadd December 27, 2007, 12:52:20 PM
Hi!

Have you read the book?  cuz this is NOT the kind of "diet" where you just eat certain things or make a list of do's and don'ts.  :-)  There are definite principles to understand.

In short, there are three phases - 1st phase is two weeks and is a detox and "reset" phase so it is rather strict.  Lots of good meats (no pork), most veges (no corn or potatoes) and berries.  The only dairy is basically raw goat products.  No beans, minimal nuts, NO grains.  VERY limited sugars - even natural.

2nd phase is also two weeks and in addition to phase one foods you may add most beans and nuts, corn and sweet potatoes, many more fruits, and some more dairy choices.  Still no grains.

3rd phase is basically the maintenance or lifelong eating phase.  Here is where grains get added back in - preferably soaked and/or fermented.

It is really not at all hard to live consistently in phase three - and the first two phases go quickly.  If you haven't read the book I highly recommend it so that you'll know the "why"s behind it all.
hth,
Lori
: boysmama November 12, 2008, 11:34:47 AM
Bumping this up in hopes that someone may be able to help. I just reread the Maker's diet on it's way out on a loan for a friend. Interested in trying clenzology, but for various reasons do not want to buy the products.  What is in the clenzology solutions that make them better than other natural soaps, sinus rinses or natural toothpastes?
: Rikki December 13, 2008, 05:29:05 AM
Bumping this becaause I just read The Maker's Diet and was curious as well!!
: its_me518 January 19, 2009, 02:39:33 PM
I am wondering.... How different is the Makers Diet from the Perfect Weight by same author Jordan Rubin.

In the Perfect Weight he also has 3 phases, and its seem the eating plan in pretty similar. But he does allow fruits, but not any grainy or starchy food for the 1st phase. I want my family to go on a Anti Yeast diet. Do you any of you know if this would work? Or has it worked for any of you?
: its_me518 January 20, 2009, 09:02:25 AM

So, 2 thumbs up! ;D
Could you tell me... when you were taking the 8 pill per day, was that all 8 at the same exact time or was it spread throughout the day?
: a_new_creation January 20, 2009, 10:39:05 AM
I think we were doing 4 in the morning and 4 at night.
: its_me518 January 20, 2009, 12:50:22 PM
I think we were doing 4 in the morning and 4 at night.
Thanks! Another question... were you doing the 1 hour thing with no food or how did you take it?
: BensJen February 18, 2009, 10:22:41 AM
I just finished reading the MD and am so anxious to start our family on this way of life!!  I enjoyed NT and respect Weston P, but -for our family- the added element of biblical truth is invaluable.

So- my question is- what about during pregnancy/nursing? I'm 9 wks preg. and still nursing our 16-mo dd.  As far as I can see, I'll be nursing and/or pregnant for several years to come with possibly no break in between!  ;D  Any hope that I can detox my body??  I'm especially interested because in my last preg I had serious gallbladder issues (enough to induce labor :o)

It grosses me out to think of all the toxins and parasites living in me.  What's a preggo/nursing mama to do?
: seekingtruth February 18, 2009, 03:34:45 PM

I have spent the last 11 years of my life either pregnant, nursing, or both so I can totally understand your position.  I am just sharing my experience, you must make your own decisions.  According to Dr. Christoper and Dr. Richard Schulze, you can do some things while you are pregnant and nursing.  They believe that your body is smart enough to know what it is doing.  I know there are others on here that have done flushes, juice fasts, etc. while pregnant/nursing.

I am nursing a 3 month old right now and have started doing some things to get cleaned up.  If I wait until I am not pregnant or nursing like I have in the past....it will not happen for a looonnnnngggg time.  So far so good.  You start by getting the four eliminative channels open and working and go from there.  Bowel, liver, kidneys, and skin.  You can just use herbs (they are just foods) that are not contraindicated for pregnancy/nursing and go slowly.

For example if you do a proper juice fast, you will still be getting the nutrition you need and giving your digestive system a break so it can focus on cleansing and healing.  Dr. Christopher recommends doing a 3 day juice fast every month while pregnant.  He worked with many patients so he had a great deal of experience.

And I would probably wait until after the first trimester to start things.  You can research Dr. Christopher or Dr. Schulze who studied with Dr. Christopher and some of their programs.  If you get your elimination channels open, then the toxins will be able to leave your body and not get dumped back into your system and to your babies.

In conclusion, I spent a lot of time feeling like there was nothing I could do, but I felt that doing somthing couldn't be any worse than trying to grow babies with a toxic system.  I was excited to learn that it was possible to do something!  Research, pray, and pay attention to your body!

Tammy
: WellTellMommy March 27, 2009, 09:10:45 PM
We have been 'Basicly' eating Stage three for a few months now (plus very few no no's,Ice cream & Hot coco some times)  and I would like us to work our way through from Phase 1-3 and remain at three.
We take weekend trips about every two weeks, what would be the wisest thing for on the road eating for 6 ppl over a 2 day span?
: Mrs_H January 16, 2010, 09:20:29 PM
is this diet considered a cleanse? I have the book and want to do phase one but I am nursing and wondering about toxins? I am pretty sure I have polycistic ovarian syndrome and want to start this asap but am still nursing my 19month old about 3-4times per day-
also I'd love to hear any success stories!!!
: boysmama January 18, 2010, 07:15:31 AM
Mrs H, I think this is an excellent diet to use for regaining health. This is the first book I recommend to anyone. We've used it and seen great improvements in general health.

Depending on your current diet, and possible imbalances in the bacteria that live in the digestive system you will see detox. How much depends on the individual body condition. Most people also ingest a much higher portion of their calories in carbs than stage one includes so you will probably lose weight  which also leads to some extra toxins to eliminate.

Is your baby eating solid food as well? It may not affect him too much even if you do detox. You could start with stage 3 and work your way backwards. This would give your body time to adapt over time and take the detox in smaller steps.

If you do find yourself detoxing heavily you might try Detox+ or Dr Shulze formula #2 or even plain activated charcoal for 5-10 days. Of course you will also need to use laxative, fiber or other means of preventing constipation while using any of the above.