Remedies & Therapies => Cleansing & the GI Tract => Liver, Gall Bladder & Pancrease => : jkcs4jesus February 10, 2010, 08:17:19 AM

: Gallbladder pain on LEFT side
: jkcs4jesus February 10, 2010, 08:17:19 AM
I found out that I had gallstones when I was 8 weeks pregnant and it was confirmed via u/s.  All my GB pain had always been on the right side, middle or all the way around; however, recently the pain is always on the left and comes on the same way, in the same form as it did when on the left.

So, I went researching and the only thing I found said...

Zollinger performed studies in the 1930s in which the gallbladder wall or common bile duct was distended with a balloon and pain was elicited in the epigastric region. (Traverso 1993) The patient experienced right upper quadrant pain only if the distended gallbladder touched the peritoneum. Associated symptoms of nausea, vomiting, or referred pain were only present in distention of the common bile duct but not the gallbladder.

I don's have nausea or vomiting, but only left side pain.  This is relieved the same way it was when I had pain on the right - with apple cider vinegar.  As always, it makes me burp.  So, the symptoms and cures are identical, but the pain is in a different spot.  What gives?  Anyone have this happen.  It's been this way for several months and it comes and goes.
: Re: Gallbladder pain on LEFT side
: kittyninja February 10, 2010, 08:30:32 AM
My husband had this pain for 10+ years described as gall stone pain but on the wrong side. Only thing that helped him was something to make him burp also. Finally doc did a scope and found a hiatal hernia. Something to look into.
hope you feel better soon!
kn
: Re: Gallbladder pain on LEFT side
: jkcs4jesus February 10, 2010, 09:17:37 AM
Thank you!  I'll look into that.  Did it come and go and seem to have no pattern?

I took milk thistle about an hour ago and low and behold, the pain is now on my right.  It may still be on my left, but now it's hard to tell.

Oh, the joys :).
: Re: Gallbladder pain on LEFT side
: kittyninja February 10, 2010, 10:09:32 AM
well for him the funny thing was that it was always worse in the evening-never an "attack" in the daytime. We figured it out that he can't have big breakfasts. That took us 10+ years to figure out also. Before that it seemed like no rhyme or reason.
: Re: Gallbladder pain on LEFT side
: hi_itsgwen February 10, 2010, 10:14:42 AM
The pancrease sits behind the stomach on the left side.  Gall bladder issues can cause pancreatitis.  May want to do some looking into that.
: Re: Gallbladder pain on LEFT side
: jkcs4jesus February 10, 2010, 11:12:44 AM
Hi_itsgwen,

I've considered that, but I don't have the other stuff that goes along with pancreatitis, so it didn't concern me too much; however, I'm watching.  I'll be starting the bean program mentioned in my other thread, so hopefully all will subside soon and whatever this is will go away.  I pray!

Thanks for your reply!