Author Topic: Foods to Eat While Fighting Candida  (Read 70363 times)

Offline faith

• Adept
Re: Foods to Eat While Fighting Candida
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2007, 02:11:34 PM »
hey anyone? Im nursing. having been on a diet eating lots of chicken beef salmon, lots of chicken ;D aand veggies including taters and some grains, no sugar, cheese,  milk and the like ,,, why does it seem like my baby who hsd excema a little before I startedthis a week ago, tiny spots of it, it seems to be getting worse and, all
i had for dinner was chicken and a little quinoi and her tiny little patches are a little RED!!!!
Help anyone!!

by the way Im doing this as a candida diet for the kids and I told the kids I would do it with them to suffer with them since they cant have any fun food!!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 03:12:41 PM by faith »

Offline HerbGirl29

• Learning
    • Nebraska Heritage Turkeys
« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2007, 05:49:22 AM »
:) Bump for both questions. :)
"People often miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"  Thomas Edison

cecac

« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2007, 06:16:47 AM »
hey anyone? Im nursing. having been on a diet eating lots of chicken beef salmon, lots of chicken ;D aand veggies including taters and some grains, no sugar, cheese,  milk and the like ,,, why does it seem like my baby who hsd excema a little before I startedthis a week ago, tiny spots of it, it seems to be getting worse and, all
i had for dinner was chicken and a little quinoi and her tiny little patches are a little RED!!!!
Help anyone!!

by the way Im doing this as a candida diet for the kids and I told the kids I would do it with them to suffer with them since they cant have any fun food!!

I'm no candida overgrowth expert, matter of fact I'm beginning my first cleanse next week so.....but my two initial thoughts on your baby:
1.  That you are cleansing due to no sugar and lower, stricter carb intake.  Could toxins be coming through the breastmilk and causing a bit of a problem?  We are warned to be careful with cleansing during nursing.
or,
2.  Your baby could be cleansing a bit and so that is her way of throwing some stuff out along with you.

I'm more inclined toward #1, just because babies usually are very clean, KWIM?  So, perhaps yo need to slow the cleansing down?

I am probably way off, but there's some thoughts, anyway.  Maybe some candida experts and baby skin experts will get in here and really let you know.

Cara
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 07:28:53 AM by cecac »

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2007, 04:58:48 AM »
Hey faith,
I'd agree that you might be thowing toxins in your breastmilk.
Another possibility is that your hormones might be changing and affecting her. One of my mom's babies born to her when she was older and stuggling with hormone imbalance had terrible skin troubles w/ every hormone shift. Not sure how old your baby is but could that be a possibility?

Offline morningglory

• Adept
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2008, 04:59:36 PM »
I found these really cool vegetable chips, and I wanted opinions on whether or not they'd be a candida-cleanse-friendly snack.  The vegetables are taro, yuca, sweet potato, ruby root, batata, parsnip, blue potsto, and beets.  The only other ingredients are sea salt and canola/safflower/sunflower oil.  There's no white potatoes in the mix.  Whatcha think?

Offline blackbird

• Adept
« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2008, 05:15:41 PM »
I don't know the answer to your question, but those are sooooo yummy!  My fav. are the white with red spots,,I forget which veg. they are  wish they weren't almost $4 a bag!  Or that it didn't take so much work to make homemade chippies.
Oldest son to recently unemployed grandma, "You don't need another job, Grandma.  You already have a job being old." (This was a couple days before her 49th b-day).  Boys.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2008, 06:22:00 PM »
I found these really cool vegetable chips, and I wanted opinions on whether or not they'd be a candida-cleanse-friendly snack.  The vegetables are taro, yuca, sweet potato, ruby root, batata, parsnip, blue potsto, and beets.  The only other ingredients are sea salt and canola/safflower/sunflower oil.  There's no white potatoes in the mix.  Whatcha think?
check the carbs per serving on the label. 
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline morningglory

• Adept
« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2008, 07:00:40 PM »
Well, it says 16 grams per serving, which is 1 oz., or 14 chips, or 1/8 of the bag.  The same as corn chips or potato chips.  So just in moderation, I guess?  They're not for me.  I thought they'd give my 2-year-old son some variety.  I'll probably just save them for a special treat.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2008, 04:42:33 AM »
Well, it says 16 grams per serving, which is 1 oz., or 14 chips, or 1/8 of the bag.  The same as corn chips or potato chips.  So just in moderation, I guess?  They're not for me.  I thought they'd give my 2-year-old son some variety.  I'll probably just save them for a special treat.
Probably not a bad idea.  I've found no definitive yeast/carb counting plan, but I have done the Atkins/Protein diet in the past and I remember the effects being much the same as when I learned about yeast and fasted from sugar for that purpose, so I based my sugar intake on the principals of the Atkins/Protein Power diet which says, when you're dieting, you should keep your carb intake to 30 carbs or less per day.  It really worked well for me to try to stick to this level of sugar intake.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline bethj82

• Learning
« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2008, 02:43:45 AM »
These may have been mentioned, but I didn't see them.  Are the following foods okay on an anti-yeast diet?

tofu
Braggs
garbanzo beans

Thanks

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2008, 07:19:10 AM »
These may have been mentioned, but I didn't see them.  Are the following foods okay on an anti-yeast diet?

tofu
Braggs
garbanzo beans

Thanks
Personally, I don't see why they would be a problem unless they are high in sugars.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline bethj82

• Learning
« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2008, 09:18:56 AM »

tofu
Braggs
garbanzo beans

Thanks
Personally, I don't see why they would be a problem unless they are high in sugars.

Thanks!

Offline blessedmama

• Adept
« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2008, 07:13:20 AM »
Is it OK to drink Kombucha while doing a Candida cleanse?  I am "guessing" it would be like drinking kefir  ??? but that is just guessing.  I sent dh off this morning with celery and peanut butter! Then just found out peanuts are a no-no.  What a process!  Thanks.  :)
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, "Oh no, she's awake."  Above Rubies e-newsletter

www.homesteadblogger.com/prestonacreage

Offline blessedmama

• Adept
« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2008, 08:55:27 AM »
bump
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, "Oh no, she's awake."  Above Rubies e-newsletter

Offline grocerygetter

• Adept
« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2008, 09:28:26 AM »
Is it OK to drink Kombucha while doing a Candida cleanse?  I am "guessing" it would be like drinking kefir  ??? but that is just guessing.  I sent dh off this morning with celery and peanut butter! Then just found out peanuts are a no-no.  What a process!  Thanks.  :)
I think it is ok to have Kombucha, I've read it helps fight yeast.

Offline lotsaboys

• Master
« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2008, 10:41:45 AM »

I would agree that its ok as long as you're sure it brewed long enough to be rid of the sugar, kwim?

Offline ruhamah

• Adept
« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2008, 10:56:47 AM »
We will be starting an anti yeast diet on Monday and I am a bit discouraged toady! :( :( :( :( :(

I just found out that carrot were a no no and the anti yeast diet and I was planning on having carrot juice for breakfast two times a week and snacking on carrots in between.

How strict do you have to been on this diet in order to kill yeast?

We will be taking YA and TTU daily.

I am still on a tight food budget for the month KWIM!

We still are going to use up the whole wheat tortillas in the freezer during the month (I have to save on the budget somewhere) but only allowing one a day at 22g of carb each.

Is this ok????????

R
Blessed with a great family!
Mom to four and wife to a man I can really look up to! (5'1 vs 6'6).

Offline skelliott2

• Adept
« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2008, 02:55:24 PM »
Carrots were allowed on my yeast diet!  I didn't drink the juice, though, too much sugar without enough fiber.  I would try to avoid the tortillas as long as possible.  The less carbs you eat, the sooner those yeasties will be gone, and then you can have it again.  Can you go without them for two weeks before using them do you think?  Hope it goes well!

Offline BJ_BOBBI_JO

• Guru
  • I SEE YOU
    • BJ_BOBBI_JO blog
« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2008, 02:57:04 PM »
I keep reading in places that peanuts are not good while on the anti-candida diet. Why arnt they good to eat?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 03:09:20 PM by BJ_BOBBI_JO »

Offline morningglory

• Adept
« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2008, 04:27:13 PM »
I keep reading in places that peanuts are not good while on the anti-candida diet. Why arnt they good to eat?

They're a common allergen, and they also produce mucus, or so I've read.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2008, 06:48:20 AM »
The reason that most candida experts say you shouldn't eat peanuts is that they believe that fungus and mold cross react.  This is the same reason they say not to eat cheese, vinegar, fermented foods, etc.  Peanuts are commonly stored in such a way, that they contain mold spores (which might also explain why they are a common allergen).

http://www.drlockie.com/profiles/diet_ymf.htm
http://allergyexpert.wordpress.com/category/mold/

I personally had no trouble with peanuts during my cleanse, but if you're having trouble, don't eat them.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline blessedmama

• Adept
« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2008, 07:00:14 AM »
Is it OK to drink Kombucha while doing a Candida cleanse? 

I would agree that its ok as long as you're sure it brewed long enough to be rid of the sugar, kwim?

Thank you ladies for your experience and knowledge!  I appreciate it!   ;D

Offline naturalgirl

• Adept
  • one insignificant particle, combined
« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2008, 12:17:45 PM »
What about Whole Spelt in a YF diet? My sister is alergic to wheat and substitutes with that...

Great question, Blessedmama! I've been wondering about this too. I wonder why? Hmm... off to see if I can answer my own question  ;D

« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 12:33:34 PM by naturalgirl »

Offline naturalgirl

• Adept
  • one insignificant particle, combined
« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2008, 12:29:57 PM »
Found it! Here's the "Why" behind Kombucha as a positive thing for Candida...

http://www.kombu.de/candida.htm

Offline blessedmama

• Adept
« Reply #84 on: March 01, 2008, 05:50:41 AM »
I would be questionable about Spelt, I also have some as well as Kamut but I won't use them while cleansing, don't want to take the chance.  I would LOVE for someone to tell me otherwise but until I get the OK from some experienced Candida cleansers I won't try it.  I did read one comment out buckwheat and three other grains that could be used but can't find that post anymore.  We were wanting to make buckwheat waffles with butter.   :)

I loved the link on Kombucha Naturalgirl, I read it out loud to my 13 yr old dd who doesn't like Kombucha and is suffering from terrible die off.  Maybe just maybe I can get her to drink a big glass of it today.  Thank you for the link! 

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #85 on: March 01, 2008, 06:47:57 AM »
The reason that most candida experts say you shouldn't eat peanuts is that they believe that fungus and mold cross react.  This is the same reason they say not to eat cheese, vinegar, fermented foods, etc.  Peanuts are commonly stored in such a way, that they contain mold spores (which might also explain why they are a common allergen).

http://www.drlockie.com/profiles/diet_ymf.htm
http://allergyexpert.wordpress.com/category/mold/

I personally had no trouble with peanuts during my cleanse, but if you're having trouble, don't eat them.

so in the same way a person could use a very small amount of red wine vinegar and watch for reaction?  my recipe uses 3 T. and 3/4 c. oil.  it lasts us a couple weeks.  a week if we use it daily.  so for one person on a salad it wouldn't be much.  also, there are minute amounts of vinegar in the stir fry sauces we use, not sure about that.

on a side note, i have finally caved and took the spit test and failed miserably.  my hubby did too, but not the kids.  i am at a total loss for what to eat.  my entire menu has been thrown out the window.  i need a plan, because every time i try to eat the yeast/sugar free way i just starve.  i already weigh 95 pounds and can't really afford any loss.  i read that a person on this diet can't have wheat or gluten, etc. of any sort, so is there any way to make bread that could be eaten as 1 slice per day or something?  i read the gf/cf thread, but it sounds as if that has yeast in it?  i am told we are to eat less than 60 carbs per day.  but with the list of NO's i don't see any place to get them from.  do you gals eat beans?  i didn't see them on the list.  black, white northern, garbanzo, etc.  i am going to start back at the beginning of this thread, but in the meantime, any help would be appreciated.  thanks, c.
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline blessedmama

• Adept
« Reply #86 on: March 01, 2008, 08:39:06 AM »
I have been doing the cleanse now for 5 days.  For breakfast we mostly eat eggs, omelets with onions, mushrooms, a little cheese then after it is cooked we add salsa and sour cream.  We also eat them poached, scrambled with salda and sour cream etc.  A crustless quiche is yummy as well.  I know that you can have buckwheat, millet, quinoa and amaramath.  If you look on the first page of posts there is a recipe for coconut flour muffins.  I plan on making those today.  For lunch we have had chili, pork chops, red potatoes sliced thin that I baked at 450 with green beans and some bacon grease.  I added a little garlic and onion salt and hubby requested it again the following night.  Tonight I am making taco soup and last night we had roasted chicken.  I took the left over chicken bones, the drippings along with the inside parts will make a broth tomorrow and then make chicken and wild rice soup with veggies in it.  Oh and the other night we had lamb steaks.  HTH

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #87 on: March 01, 2008, 09:16:53 AM »
I have been doing the cleanse now for 5 days.  For breakfast we mostly eat eggs, omelets with onions, mushrooms, a little cheese then after it is cooked we add salsa and sour cream.  We also eat them poached, scrambled with salda and sour cream etc.  A crustless quiche is yummy as well.  I know that you can have buckwheat, millet, quinoa and amaramath.  If you look on the first page of posts there is a recipe for coconut flour muffins.  I plan on making those today.  For lunch we have had chili, pork chops, red potatoes sliced thin that I baked at 450 with green beans and some bacon grease.  I added a little garlic and onion salt and hubby requested it again the following night.  Tonight I am making taco soup and last night we had roasted chicken.  I took the left over chicken bones, the drippings along with the inside parts will make a broth tomorrow and then make chicken and wild rice soup with veggies in it.  Oh and the other night we had lamb steaks.  HTH

thank you for all the ideas.  that helps, and i want to do something with the grains, just not sure how, as i am really unfamiliar with them.  i have a friend who is loaning me a candida clease cookbook, and has some unusual flours such as the above she might loan me.  i guess my life will be about food and cooking differently for a time, and i will have to put my focus on that.  feeling like a fish out of water..... :-\ 

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #88 on: March 01, 2008, 10:57:23 AM »
If I add whole grains like quinoa once a day? Or what about our GF biscuits? Thanks all!
B

i just found this above about these grains being ok to use while fighting candida:  (from Skelliot2 quote)

"Amaranth and quinoa are gluten free, and allowed on an anti-candida diet.  So are millet and buckwheat.  These are the only grains we used when we fought candida." 

blessedmama--i wonder if this is the post you were looking for?

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #89 on: March 01, 2008, 10:58:49 AM »

thanks!  the red potato idea sounds good, would you like to post your recipe or the ingred for taco soup?  i have one, but am pretty sure it's not low carb and my family is tired of it.