Author Topic: Chopping cabbage in a Blend-Tec?  (Read 1590 times)

Offline Linguist77

• Adept
Chopping cabbage in a Blend-Tec?
« on: July 12, 2007, 10:49:01 PM »
Those of you who own a Blend-Tec ... Can it chop cabbage properly for making sauerkraut? What I mean is, would it just turn the cabbage to juice, or does it have a program on it that will chop coarsely?

I'm thinking of ordering one from the States, which will cost a bit, so I'm weighing all the options.

Thanks!
Laura

***Modified to add: Does it also grind grains like the Vita-Mix? I couldn't find this info on their website.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 10:51:59 PM by Linguist77 »
Laura in Arizona

www.theylivedintents.com

M, age 4: "I'm a good tornado that looks like a frog!"

Offline bizymum

• Adept
Re: Chopping cabbage in a Blend-Tec?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 02:35:22 AM »
I can't answer your question, but here's a link to some of the things it can blend!!   ;D  Some of this stuff is unbelievable!  Definately don't try this at home!

http://www.willitblend.com/videos.aspx?type=unsafe

Offline Linguist77

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 12:12:14 PM »
Oh, that is just hilarious!!!  ;D

Everyone follow that link and cringe along with me when you watch the blender pulverize the I-Phone! I don't think they will honor the 2-year warranty for that one ...

DH and I are laughing our heads off about this!  :D

OK, bumping for more answers ... anyone know if veggies can be coarsely chopped in the Blend-tec, and not only liquified? I'm guessing that's possible, but maybe I should just email the company to ask.
Laura in Arizona

www.theylivedintents.com

M, age 4: "I'm a good tornado that looks like a frog!"

Offline WithLoveAndJoy

• Master
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2007, 04:13:21 AM »
I just love!!!!!!the "Will it Blend" videos.  We have a blendtec grain mill and so far it has been great.  But that really doesn't answer your original question ;-)
Visit my blog and see my deals for the week :)

http://homemakersresource.blogspot.com/