Author Topic: Dehydrators: Brands & Features  (Read 11615 times)

Offline Isaacsmama

• Adept
Re: Dehydrators: Brands & Features
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2008, 06:10:57 PM »
 I saw that pleasant hill grain sells the la equip ones, curious if anyone knows about them.

Offline lewisquiverfull

• Adept
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2008, 02:48:40 AM »
I have the Excalibur brand with 9 trays and timer. I LOVE IT!!! It holds a lot, the trays are square, so you don't have to work everything around a circle tray.
Worth every penny. We dry jerky, yogurt, applesauce, apple rings, herbs, and whatever we have around the house.

Offline orcuttranch

• Adept
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2010, 06:58:55 PM »
Any new opinions on Stainless Steel vs Plastic trays?  Such as Excalibur vs Sausage Maker or something to that effect?  Is there a reason for concern with the plastic trays in the Excalibur?  Is it worth paying twice as much for stainless steel?  I need a little advice - we are looking to buy one (tax return) and it is now or wait until next year.   ;D  I already have a ton of little apricots on my tree, so I would rather have it this year!  ;D

Offline orcuttranch

• Adept
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2010, 03:30:59 PM »
BUMP

Any new opinions on Stainless Steel vs Plastic trays?  Such as Excalibur vs Sausage Maker or something to that effect?  Is there a reason for concern with the plastic trays in the Excalibur?  Is it worth paying twice as much for stainless steel?  I need a little advice - we are looking to buy one (tax return) and it is now or wait until next year.   ;D  I already have a ton of little apricots on my tree, so I would rather have it this year!  ;D

Offline orcuttranch

• Adept
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2010, 04:57:04 PM »
Okay I answered my own question in the end.  If anyone else is interested in the difference, here is the site that helped me determine.  Yes, I realize that it is written by Excalibur, but the points they make are excellent.

http://www.excaliburdehydrator.com/article.php?action=view&article_id=38&return_url=YXJ0aWNsZS5waHA/X3JlcXVlc3Q9WVRvd09udDk=

Offline denvermommy

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2010, 04:37:47 AM »
Okay I answered my own question in the end.  If anyone else is interested in the difference, here is the site that helped me determine.  Yes, I realize that it is written by Excalibur, but the points they make are excellent.

http://www.excaliburdehydrator.com/article.php?action=view&article_id=38&return_url=YXJ0aWNsZS5waHA/X3JlcXVlc3Q9WVRvd09udDk=
[/color]

Thank you for posting this. I've been trying to figure this out also and I'm satisfied with this info. Thanks!

Offline orcuttranch

• Adept
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2010, 09:43:18 AM »

[/color]

Thank you for posting this. I've been trying to figure this out also and I'm satisfied with this info. Thanks!

Glad to help!  I have had my Excalibur now for a little over a month and love it!!