Health Products > Health Appliances

Dehydrators: Brands & Features

(1/8) > >>

healthyinOhio:
Does anyone have a really good brand for  a dehydrator?  I borrowed my MIL's from an infomercial.  This thing was horrible!!  Everything was so chewy and tasted like a fruit roll-up.  Are all dehydrators like this?  I want banana chips to taste like a crisp chip.  Not something that will stick to my teeth like a jujubee!!  Any suggestions?

Chickory Chick:
I have an "infomercial" one, but have been eyeing the Excalibur dehydrator when I replace the one I have, based on the reviews I have heard.  It is pricey, but I have heard a lot of good review.  It has rectangular trays and you can get a 4 tray model or as a big as a 9 tray model depending on your needs.  You are also able to control the temperature!

Hope this helps.

Nickole:
I just bought a Ronco off ebay last night - on the one hand they seem really good, on the other hand there are LOTS of people on ebay selling them.  Hmmm....well, I got it because you can make yogurt in it too.  My other dehydtrator, not sure the brand, died finally.  I called to get a part but no parts, just told me "well, unfortunately things don't last forever."  Funny.   

I like the bananas chewy, not crunchy.   ;D  If you want them crunchy, just slice thinner and perhaps leave them in longer. 

floydian:
Try this site:
www.urbanhomemaker.com

They test their products and recommend.  I have never bought a dehydrator but have bought other products of theirs or that they recommended and been very satisfied.

ShabbyChic:
We've been using our RonCo for years and LOVE it.  Very easy to use and clean and store.  There are also good recipes for making yogurt (which I haven't done) and fruit leather (which I have done) using it.  Makes the house smell great, too!  I think the reason there are so many on EBay is because of the volume of how many have been sold through TV, not because of any flaw.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version