Author Topic: Pau d'Arco  (Read 12489 times)

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Re: Pau d'Arco
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2007, 10:01:47 AM »
After a week of the pau d'arco, 3/4 cup each  night, he had NO pain.
3/4 cup right out of the bottle?  that's 6oz and a 32 oz bottle wouldn't last 6 days.  ???
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2007, 10:05:38 AM »
After a week of the pau d'arco, 3/4 cup each  night, he had NO pain.
3/4 cup right out of the bottle?  that's 6oz and a 32 oz bottle wouldn't last 6 days.  ???

My point exactly. I guess it's not nearly as bad as one of the things the Dr has my mom taking though- $200 a bottle  :o :o & it only lasts 6 days.  :o :o :o :o

Offline joyofthelord

• Adept
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2007, 10:13:55 AM »
True - however, dh took 2 bottles and the pain was gone.  6 mths later now he's going to take another bottle.  I won't dispute the fact that it's expensive.  Keep in mind tho it's not like medicine, you don't take it every day for long periods.  You have to go with what your comfortable with.   ;)

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2007, 10:23:33 AM »
True - however, dh took 2 bottles and the pain was gone.  6 mths later now he's going to take another bottle.  I won't dispute the fact that it's expensive.  Keep in mind tho it's not like medicine, you don't take it every day for long periods.  You have to go with what your comfortable with.   ;)

I had misunderstood. I though that he was taking it every day. That does make it a little more affordable. I'm not trying to be difficult by questioning it, I just want all the facts. Many times in nat. medicine, things are horribly overpriced because they figure that people will pay it so I am cautious. If I was convinced I might scrape the money together & get it but money is very tight right now so I need to be careful where I spend it. Blessings ~herbalmom

Offline joyofthelord

• Adept
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2007, 10:27:08 AM »
I totally understand! I hope you find something soon to relieve you of your pain.  I think everything natural is over-priced!

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2007, 10:33:15 AM »
I totally understand! I hope you find something soon to relieve you of your pain.  I think everything natural is over-priced!

Not everything natural is overpriced, but for too much of it is, that's for sure.  ::) ::)

I want to get out of pain also, I just don't want to waste money & time chasing rabbit trails or paying more for something I can make myself for a small fraction of the price. I think I will email Life Dyne to see what they say but I really think in the end I will order Pua D'arco from Mountain Rose Herbs & make a long simmered, strong tea & try that. Thanks for the help. Blessings ~herbalmom

Offline HeatherRose

• Adept
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2007, 10:57:20 AM »
I have tried Pau D'Arco and I had lived with a lot of pain.  I wasn't introduced to it in tea form, but this company keeps it in almost pure form.  It is disgusting, but I take it...and the results have been incredible.  I have been on prednisone for years to bring down the inflammation, and the doctor's have to figure out what's wrong with me.  Thank God for natural supplements and Pau D'Arco.  I buy my items from lifedyne @ www.lifedyne.org.  It seems a bit pricey, but when I compare a 32 fl oz of bottle price to the teas that are sold...it doesn't compare.  Especially because of its potency.  This website is pretty awesome!
My MIL is on prednisone for shingles (among other drugs that I'm not privy to) and has swollen up like a chipmunk.  Are you still on prednisone?  Does it make your cheeks fat?  I'm looking for remedies for her to take while still on the drugs and anything that will help her body regain strength after she finishes with the drugs.  She is taking a lot of different supplements like clay, green powder, vitamin E oil and mangosteen fruit juice which may all help but the shingles were too debilitating and she went for the drugs. 

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2007, 05:02:30 PM »
I have tried Pau D'Arco and I had lived with a lot of pain.  I wasn't introduced to it in tea form, but this company keeps it in almost pure form.  It is disgusting, but I take it...and the results have been incredible.  I have been on prednisone for years to bring down the inflammation, and the doctor's have to figure out what's wrong with me.  Thank God for natural supplements and Pau D'Arco.  I buy my items from lifedyne @ www.lifedyne.org.  It seems a bit pricey, but when I compare a 32 fl oz of bottle price to the teas that are sold...it doesn't compare.  Especially because of its potency.  This website is pretty awesome!
My MIL is on prednisone for shingles (among other drugs that I'm not privy to) and has swollen up like a chipmunk.  Are you still on prednisone?  Does it make your cheeks fat?  I'm looking for remedies for her to take while still on the drugs and anything that will help her body regain strength after she finishes with the drugs.  She is taking a lot of different supplements like clay, green powder, vitamin E oil and mangosteen fruit juice which may all help but the shingles were too debilitating and she went for the drugs. 
As a courtesy to the member who started this thread and those participating in the conversation, please attempt to stay on topic as much as possible.

If the conversation triggers a new subject of interest, please search the forum for a more appropriate thread for the discussion.  When one cannot be found, start a new one.

If you'd like to have a more personal conversation that would otherwise derail the topic, please take advantage of your ability as a forum member to send personal messages.

Thanks.

~hb
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 10:19:56 AM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline sprobasco

• Learning
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2008, 10:33:25 AM »
Hello. I have been taking the Pau d'Arco tea 3-4 times daily to help with my yeast problem. I developed some severe anemia symptoms (i have been anemic on and off throughout life) and severe fatigue/lethargy dizziness etc. I have posted elsewhere about this and trying to figure out what the problem is. I know I have a yeast issue and I am working to take care of that...but my husband noticed on the tea box today that pau d'arco is an anticoagulant. (which you all probably already know) I had no idea what that was..hunny explained it to me...did some research...sure enough use of anticoagulants can cause anemia! Also, i noticed that it is used to treat high-blood pressure, so it must lower blood pressure, and i have always had very low blood pressure. SOOOO..... I didn't see anyone else ever having a problem with this tea in the thread so wanted to post this. I stopped drinking the tea after i found out...two days later some of my worst symptoms are gone. Any comments?

Offline gr8topraise

• Learning
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2008, 11:14:28 AM »
I had purchased Pau d'Arco from bhs and made tea. The Pau d'Arco tea didn't taste the greatest by itself, so I combined it with peppermint tea when I had a headache.   I do not get headaches often, but one day I had a really bad one.  I drank some of the tea, and within 1-2 hours my headache was completely gone.   :D
Make the most of every moment. :D

YoopreMama

« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2008, 03:19:01 PM »
Anyone ever make an alcohol-based tincture of it?

I used the tea succesfully for thrush, and now want to try Pau d'Arco on thickened toenails for a relative, but don't want to keep making and storing tea.

Found a recipe for using it as a bark or powder...
http://www.rain-tree.com/pau-darco-powder.htm

http://www.rain-tree.com/prepmethod.htm

Offline ladyhen

• Master
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2008, 04:02:20 PM »
Anyone ever make an alcohol-based tincture of it?

I used the tea succesfully for thrush, and now want to try Pau d'Arco on thickened toenails for a relative, but don't want to keep making and storing tea.

Found a recipe for using it as a bark or powder...
http://www.rain-tree.com/pau-darco-powder.htm

http://www.rain-tree.com/prepmethod.htm

I have a recipe for a Candida formula in alcohol tincture with equal parts

Comfrey root
     Pau d'Arco
     Tumeric
      Bayberry
      Garlic
     Cayenne

We use it with great results. 

hth
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;    Titus 2:13

Offline stebs7

• Adept
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2008, 09:23:19 AM »
I am looking for a recommendation for a place to buy well made Pau D'Arco.  I read on this site about Pau D'Arco working really well for pain.  I have a friend who has great pain in his back for a long time because of breaking his back in 4 places.  He has to exercise everyday so it won't hurt even more. 

Would this be something that Pau D'arco might help?  Lifedyne was recommended as a place to buy it, but their website is no longer working. Do they have another name?  Does anyone else have a place they would recommend?

Thanks for any information!  Blessings, Nancy in Poland

Offline stebs7

• Adept
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2008, 02:16:17 PM »
bump
I am looking for a recommendation for a place to buy well made Pau D'Arco.  I read on this site about Pau D'Arco working really well for pain.  I have a friend who has great pain in his back for a long time because of breaking his back in 4 places.  He has to exercise everyday so it won't hurt even more. 

Would this be something that Pau D'arco might help?  Lifedyne was recommended as a place to buy it, but their website is no longer working. Do they have another name?  Does anyone else have a place they would recommend?

[/quote]

Offline Mama Sita

• Adept
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2008, 04:30:01 PM »
bump

[/quote]

Hi Nancy,
I saw your post the other day, sorry I did not respond. Pau D'Arco is usually known for its antifungal properties...I am not sure about pain control. The only thing I can think of is that he has some sort of fungal infection and the Pau D'Arco is fighting that, alleviating the pain. Other than that, maybe someone else on here would know.

As for a good quality, I really like Nature's Sunshine products. When we are fighting internal infections here, I can always trust their stuff to work. Not so with other companies that we've tried (that I won't name here.)

Edit: Nancy, check post #12 on this thread. Joyofthelord has a testimony about Pau D'Arco helping her DH's pain. Apparently, it helped clear him of toxins. Check it out, see what you think.  :)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 04:34:02 PM by Mama Sita »
"No one stands as tall as a Christian on his knees."
Get $5 off your first iHerb.com order: Code ISA141

Offline joyofthelord

• Adept
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2008, 07:53:24 AM »
bump

[/quote]

Lifedyne is still up and running, but  it is now www.lifedyne.net
you could also call their number if you have questions.  Their pau d'arco is better than any we have tried, and is very strong.  HTH!

YoopreMama

« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2008, 08:06:35 AM »
Nancy--
I know someone mentioned that the Bulk Herb Store sells it, too (link above).

I think I just read in Practical Herbalism that Pau d'Arco helps w/ spinal or back pain.  ???

Offline stebs7

• Adept
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2008, 08:21:44 AM »
Yeah!  That's what I was hoping for - I was saddened to think they had closed down!  Thanks for reading and replying - everyone!  I pray that it will be a great help for this person (he stands up to teach all day and it is hard to be in pain anytime but especially when you have to stand so much).

Blessings!  Nancy

Offline blessedwife

• Adept
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2011, 06:26:41 AM »
Please help a desperate mother here... My 8-year old son has been fighting some kind of ear infection with congestion and cough for the past week now. I am getting NO sleep because he cries at night because of the pain.  Pau d'arco was recommended for him, but everywhere I look online seems to say DO NOT give to children.  I will take the testimony of a mother over the advice of a *professional* any day.  Is this, in fact, o.k. to give to him, and if so, in what form and what dosage?  Thanks so much ~ blessedwife

Offline Precious

• Adept
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2011, 05:46:05 PM »
I don't know if Pau d'Arco is safe to give your son, but I do know what immediately stopped ear pain in my 6 year old ds one night.  Onion drops.  Chop a little bit of onion, add a little olive oil, then heat the mixture until warm.  Draw some of the onion infused olive oil up into an eye dropper and put a few drops in the ear.  Make sure it's not too hot and that you don't suck up any pieces of onion.  If you don't have onion, garlic is also good to use.  Worked immediately for us!  I hope you get some sleep!