† † † † † † †

Author Topic: Cut my finger...now arm is tingling  (Read 10900 times)

Offline Sunshine06

• Psalm 115
  • Adept
Cut my finger...now arm is tingling
« on: June 08, 2007, 03:38:53 AM »
Ok - not sure where to put this (sorry HB! You really have the patience of a saint). Last night I cut a nice chunk out of the tip of my finger while making dinner. Hubby helped me get it wrapped up and all and it's pretty well taken care of. The weird thing is, last night and today my hand and arm (and now shoulder) are all tingly and weak feeling. Now, I kept my hand above my head last night for a while after I cut it...but that shouldn't be a problem at this point as that was many hours ago. Sorry if this is a dumb question, it just feels so weird! Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 03:44:09 AM by Sunshine06 »
Non nobis, non nobis, Domine, sed nomini tuo da gloriam.
Not unto us, O Lord, not unto us, but unto Thy name give glory.

Offline Whiterock

• Jesus Knows Me, This I Love
  • Guru
  • Eph 6:16
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
Re: Cut my finger...now arm is tingling
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 08:06:08 AM »
bump
Who Needs God?

My Blog - Yarb d'Farb Knarb Check out the Wellness Wednesday tag for your health-related blog posts!

Offline HeyMom

• Adept
    • My journey with Jesus as a young widow, Courage Road
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 10:07:25 AM »
Ok - not sure where to put this (sorry HB! You really have the patience of a saint). Last night I cut a nice chunk out of the tip of my finger while making dinner. Hubby helped me get it wrapped up and all and it's pretty well taken care of. The weird thing is, last night and today my hand and arm (and now shoulder) are all tingly and weak feeling. Now, I kept my hand above my head last night for a while after I cut it...but that shouldn't be a problem at this point as that was many hours ago. Sorry if this is a dumb question, it just feels so weird! Thanks.

I don't believe there is any medical reason this should be happening due to the tip of your finger being cut - I am thinking that it was just the way you slept with it in a different position.

How is it feeling now?  Did you take anything internally?

For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him.
2 Chronicles 16:9
www.courageroad.blogspot.com

Offline Sunshine06

• Psalm 115
  • Adept
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 10:12:33 AM »
No I haven't taken anything and it's feeling pretty normal this afternoon. It seems to be fine...so I guess it was just from sleeping or whatever. Thanks. :)
Non nobis, non nobis, Domine, sed nomini tuo da gloriam.
Not unto us, O Lord, not unto us, but unto Thy name give glory.

Offline seeker

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 04:01:20 PM »
I cut my thumb tonight while preparing dinner. It would have cut a tiny chunk off, but the flap lf skin is still attached.  :P  What is the best thing to use to help it heal quickly? You never realize how much you use your thumb until it's wounded!  :P  :-\  :o

Offline WithLoveAndJoy

• Master
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 04:05:23 PM »

It could be that you cut a nerve, and that could account for your weakness and tingling.
Visit my blog and see my deals for the week :)

http://homemakersresource.blogspot.com/

Offline seeker

• Adept
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2007, 04:07:16 PM »
Wow! Thanks for responding so quickly.  :) No, I don't have any plantain, unless it's growing in my yard and I don't know about it.  ::) I do have some comfrey. Would a poultice of that do rather than plantain?

Offline seeker

• Adept
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2007, 04:43:06 PM »
Thanks! I'll try the comfrey.

Offline hodgy

• Adept
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2007, 10:34:18 AM »
I was just needing some thoughts on what the best course of action might be in my situation.  I cut my finger a couple of days ago.  I cut it almost at the very tip and it was not a huge cut.  I used peroxide, tea tree oil, silver colloid and echinacea tincure and let it soak.  I put aloe vera gel from the plant I have and things seemed to be going nicely-- I thought.  No redness, swelling, oozing, etc.  Still the area which was actually cut seems to be doing ok, but now I've developed swelling, redness, and pain at the 1st knuckle area about a 1/4 inch BELOW the cut.  >:(  Since it is not actually around the cut I kinda feel helpless as how to treat it before it gets worse and travels up the arm.  I had a cut on my other arm do this lastyear and ended up needing IV antibiotics for 5 days. ::)(I am a type 1 diabetic so I'm prone to "getting bad" quick.)    Since I have a syringe do you think injecting into the area of pain with silver colloid would be effective or just make matters worse? The cut is scabbed over so I feel like that wouldn't be a good point of entry for what I'm using to treat,  or am I mistaken?  Anyway, any advice would be appreciated.

Offline floydian

• Master
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2007, 10:42:04 AM »
I was just needing some thoughts on what the best course of action might be in my situation.  I cut my finger a couple of days ago.  I cut it almost at the very tip and it was not a huge cut.  I used peroxide, tea tree oil, silver colloid and echinacea tincure and let it soak.  I put aloe vera gel from the plant I have and things seemed to be going nicely-- I thought.  No redness, swelling, oozing, etc.  Still the area which was actually cut seems to be doing ok, but now I've developed swelling, redness, and pain at the 1st knuckle area about a 1/4 inch BELOW the cut.  >:(  Since it is not actually around the cut I kinda feel helpless as how to treat it before it gets worse and travels up the arm.  I had a cut on my other arm do this lastyear and ended up needing IV antibiotics for 5 days. ::)(I am a type 1 diabetic so I'm prone to "getting bad" quick.)    Since I have a syringe do you think injecting into the area of pain with silver colloid would be effective or just make matters worse? The cut is scabbed over so I feel like that wouldn't be a good point of entry for what I'm using to treat,  or am I mistaken?  Anyway, any advice would be appreciated.

Raw honey is supposed to be great for healing wounds of those who have diabetes.  Plantain also draws out the infection.
And as He stands in victory,
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me;
For I am His and He is mineó
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

Offline hodgy

• Adept
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2007, 12:35:29 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions.  I'll go put honey on now.  I guess it will absorb through the skin.  But I don't have any plantain.(wish I did!)  Thanks again :)

Offline joychild24seven

• Adept
    • Cloth Alternatives for Women
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2007, 07:54:04 PM »
I would use a garlic poultice, especially since it's not an open wound. If you don't have fresh garlic I'd make a paste out of the powder and bandage it around the redness. It will absorb through the skin.
Every Day You Save My Life

Offline hodgy

• Adept
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2007, 01:19:50 AM »
I'm glad you gave me another suggestionto try.  I woke this morning and it is so swollen I can't even bend it at the knuckle! :o  But it doesn't seem to be "streaking" down my arm (yet).  Thanks  :)

Offline Maria/NHM

• Adept
    • My Blog
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2007, 04:32:54 AM »
I would think that taking garlic, gse, silver etc orally would help also. When my kids have any infection I have found that feeding them very large amounts of raw garlic helps more than anything.  Hope it gets better!!
My Blog
http://naturallyhealthymommy.blogspot.com/
Learning and sharing about nutrition and herbs
My user name used to be Ella :)