Author Topic: Fruit til Noon???  (Read 4585 times)

Offline AllinHisTime

• Adept
Fruit til Noon???
« on: March 19, 2007, 07:26:26 AM »
A friend of mine has a brother who is a Chiropractor.  He is normally healthy and swears by the blood type diet.  To lose and firm up he began eating fruits only until 12 noon and has seen some great results.

I am in need of losing about 40lbs (honestly, but I'd be thrilled if 20lbs were in clear view somewhere in sight. You can not tell by looking at my face but everywhere else you can!) not only for health reasons but we are trying to conceive and have been unable to.  I know there is a cortisol/insulin/hormonal imbalance taking place and I am trying to wean my youngest because she is only night nursing now.  We are having a "no more nummy" party soon as a passage into the next "weaned" chapter in her life.  We are doing sticker charts to help the progress along.......
I know this is also contributing to the imbalance and I'm dying to get a Master Cleanse in sometime this year!!!

Long story short, I've adapted this fruit until noon suggestion in hopes of being able to jumpstart this weightloss.  I've been easily discouraged lately because I have NEVER been so health and portion conscientious in my life and no results or weight gain have really done a number on my confidence.  I do not eat anything white, occasionally I have some 65% dark chocolate but only 1/2 of the serving size, I've increased fruits and veggies, but could probably do more veggies, I drink at least 64 oz of water a day but thanks to other threads, I think I am going to incorporate the Water Cure for a month to see if that helps. I also drink 2-3 cups of lemon/ginseng green tea w/honey.  I also use stevia as often as I can.

I began this "dieting" between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I know, it's like dieters suicide, but I tend to figure if I can get through the toughest times, then I'll be ok and stick with it.  I dove into my relationship with Jesus the same way!  :o   ;D  Anyway, I ate more protein, didn't excercise and lost 8lbs in 2 weeks.  Then Christmas and I lost some self-control and gained it all back.  I also walk about 2-3 miles per week.

Anyway, I think I tend to be more like most of you on here in understanding "things" and general health for our families.  I used to do coconut oil but it was never easily available to me....until now thanks to all that's been posted on here and I truly thank the Lord for that!  So, I'll be ordering a gal from MRH as soon as I check w/hubby today  :)

I've noticed w/the fruit, that I get queezy and hypoglycemic by 10am.  I toughed it out until noon a few times but today, I ate 2 eggs and 1 slice of Ezekiel (my main bread and usually only bread if I can help it in any given day) and immediately felt better.  I have been up since 5:15am. 

Have any of you heard of this?  Have you tried it? Did you get results? How did you feel? 

Just so you know, so many of you on here inspire me!!  I am forever changed by some of the aspects of the Pearl Ministry and thank you, Rebekah (and Gabe or anyone else I forgot to mention) for being an extention of that and beginning or being a part of this forum.  It's simply wonderful and I am happy to be a part of it! BTW, LOVE the SuperMom vitamins and I've sent the beeyoutiful.com link to so many people!  I even made a friend of my husband's who is so toxic it isn't funny, take home the rest of my SuperMom's, knowing they would help him.  He was embarrassed to have a label like that on a bottle in his house considering he's a bachelor but his health is more important than a label, right?!

There you have it!  Me and my emotions in one post :) YAY! 

Thanks in advance for any commentary. 

A truth's initial commotion is directly proportional to how deeply the lie was believed...When a well packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.-- Dresden James

Offline Julia

• Master
Re: Fruit til Noon???
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 07:46:17 AM »
Where did the chiropractor get the idea to do the fruit till noon thing? I am personally a fan of eating very heartily in the morning, so you have the energy for your day! Especially if you are nursing and taking care of kids. And you get your metabolism started that way so you can burn more. I've noticed that a lot of "thin," naturally thin, not dieting thin, people are good breakfast eaters. 

And yeah, if all you're eating is fruit you are getting a lot of sugar and nothing to balance it and it is going to mess with your blood sugar and zap your energy.

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 08:06:07 AM »
All that I know about the whole "blood type" eating is that it was based off of evolutionary thinking and that each man's bloodtype determines where they are on the evolution's scale of levels of races(i.e. evolutionists believe that the white man is on top of the "survival of the fittest" evolving and that black, Jews, and Asians are on bottom).  Personally, I don't care to follow a diet that suggests one person's blood is different/better than another's.  Just my .02  You can find this from reading any health book and info. by Jordin Rubin(Maker's Diet and Patient, Heal Thyself) or Kent Hovind's Creation Series.  HTH.  ;)

Offline levi

• Learning
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 08:22:40 AM »
eat fat lose fat book or Rosedale diet (same principal) might be more helpful for you and give you some success with out feeling crummy. 

Offline Becky in WV

• Learning
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 08:30:14 AM »
I have heard of this before...I think I read it years ago on the Above Rubies website.   At the time I thought it was good advice but now I would never do this!  I would be a wreck without a substantial high-protein breakfast.   :)  I can completely understand why you would be queasy and hypoglycemic!  I think a great start to the day is a couple of eggs and buttered whole wheat toast.  I mean, you've been fasting in a sense all night and then to get up and start your day with nothing but fruit?  If I had to sub fruit for any meal it would probably be supper, but I see fruit as a side item or a snack, not as a meal replacement. 

I need to lose about 30lbs. so I completely understand where you're coming from.  But I know my problem is that I love sweets   ;D  Are you sure you need to lose weight?  I mean, if you are really eating healthfully and not overeating maybe you shouldn't worry about it?  We've been eating more and more healthy in the last few years and I've noticed no change in my weight.  I don't expect to either until I start exercising more and quit eating sugar  :)

From Eat Fat Lose Fat  by Sally Fallon and Mary Enig:  "In recent years, 'ideal' weight guidelines have become more stringent...Many of us do not actually need to lose weight, but rather to tone our bodies, gain energy, and improve immune function...don't assume that you're overweight just because your weight is at the top end of the range for your height!"  They then list a USDA and US Dept of Health and Human Services weight chart from 1990 that they say "provides a very sensible range of appropriate weights for adults 19 and over"  I don't know what your height is...I'm 5'6" and the range is 118-167.  By the way, I would recommend this book.  Not for the diets (unless you're a HUGE coconut lover!) but for all the great information!

Have you heard this on the news about trans fat and infertility?  You're probably already avoiding trans-fat, but just in case....
http://www.clickondetroit.com/health/10764181/detail.html

Offline AllinHisTime

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 09:27:17 AM »
Thanks to all of you for your thoughtful input!!

I had NO idea that the blood type diet stemmed from evolution! YUCK!  This Chiro would consider himself a "serious-minded" Christian as well.  Maybe I'll inform his sister of this mentality.  I too, would not care to entertain such falseity, even in my eating!

I am not certain where this idea of fruit until noon came from and some other friends of ours who were following some other health program told me about it as well.  Understanding what I do about blood sugar, I realized that the natural sugars would give me a spike but overall I'm not feeling too terribly horrible, just a little shaky by 10am.  I am used to eating 2 eggs and Ezekiel bread w/coconut oil (the good kind) normally.  Although, after awhile, choking down eggs seems to be hard for me.  I am thinking I do want to continue keeping more protein than carbs in my diet but not totally eliminate them and only consume complex carbs/whole grains, etc...

Thanks for that infertility article as well.....I didn't know that but yes, I do eliminate as much as possible.

A truth's initial commotion is directly proportional to how deeply the lie was believed...When a well packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.-- Dresden James

Offline Pastorswife2B

• Adept
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 10:21:02 AM »
When I was about 12 years old my mom decided to try this, there was a book she was reading by some ppl who did it and they swore it was a great thing (don't know the name of the book or the diet ppl who recommended it).  To make a long story short I spent the next 2 1/2 months throwing up almost every morning  :-X!! It was horrible (shudder)! The only time I've ever thrown up more was when I was preggo with my first son.  Through the process we found out I was borderline hypo when we started and progressed to being all out hypoglycemic by the end.  It took me nearly 5 years to be able to eat any fruit before noon without throwing up.  personally I've had best health results consuming lots of fat and protein in the morning and that controls my hunger for the rest of the day.

-Heather

Offline thatgirl

• Learning
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 02:05:12 PM »
Yeah... I agree with everyone else saying high protein and fat in the morning. I have heard that you may not want to eat sugars after noon. As in eat fruit, protein, fat in the morning and protein, fat and veggies after noon. It sort of makes sense in that maybe you don't want to consume any fruits in the afternoon cuz of carbs, but personally I think if you up the fats, proteins and veggies, then some fruit here and there is good for you - especially berries. Yum. Anyways... I have about 40 to lose as well. This won't put me within the BMI range, which I don't agree with anyways, but this will put me at a healthy weight for me :). I too have tried the coconut oil thing, but I just can't seem to down a couple of tablespoons at a time. Any other way to take it?

Offline snowwhitedove

• Learning
  • Proud wife to Jonathan & mommy to Emma & Abigail!
    • BaumNews
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 02:16:13 PM »
I too agree with eating high fiber, and protien for breakfast. Eating the Ezekial Bread and Eggs for breakfast is a good thing. Also - sprinkle some cayenne pepper (not much since you are nursing) on your eggs - it is delicious and it will speed up your metabolism. Keep up the walking, it helps build muscles which in turn, helps you burn fat. Eat smaller meals more times a day. This helps to constantly feed your metabolism. It's like adding more wood to the fire.  Cut out your sugars, and hydrogenated oils, eat healthy, including healthy fats, and in moderation and you will loose weight. I have been doing this and lost 5 lbs. without even "trying". The only diet I go on anymore is a "healthy" diet. :)
Proverbs 31

Offline snowwhitedove

• Learning
  • Proud wife to Jonathan & mommy to Emma & Abigail!
    • BaumNews
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2007, 02:49:13 PM »
Another thing just hit me.. Earlier this evening I was reading an article on yahoo about healthy grains and all. I got to reading the comments people read, and this one person had mention "start off your morning with 1/2tsp. Cinnamon and see how you loose weight". I never knew about this, or how true this is. BUT - I have lost some unexpected weight lately and I HAVE been taking Cinnamon, in capsules. I purchased my Cinnamon and capsules from bulkherbstore.com . I am taking it because it increases "brain power" and Lord knows I need this!  ;D I only have 2 kids and at times I forget their names!  ::) But, what I am trying to say is - that perhaps Cinnamon does have something to do with my weightloss? Has anyone else heard of this? Should I take this to a weightloss topic?  ::)
Proverbs 31

Offline AllinHisTime

• Adept
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2007, 07:02:39 PM »
Thanks for all your help...I too would much rather eat carbs and fats/proteins for breakfast considering I am a homeschooling mama and NEED the nutrition for my concentration and energy levels to keep my little ones going!

I did forget to mention that when I lost the 8 lbs I was actually eating about every 2-3 hours....an apple or raw, organic sunflower nuts and a small serving of cottage cheese, etc.... I just tend to forget to.

Regarding Cinnamon, I know it has an amazing effect on balancing out your blood sugar levels.  I inconsistently (about every other day) remember to take Chromium Picolinate to help w/this balance.  When I eat oatmeal, I also remember to sprinkle a very generous amount of cinnamon on there.  In the last NGJ issue I saw Debi Pearl's commentary on the Cinnamon tea and I thought I might like to try it for the health reasons. 

Getting enough rest, I know, is a real biggie!  I was once told that we get our REM and most restful sleep between the hours of 11pm-2am and if we are not sleeping during these hours then we feel more tired and our body doesn't rest well enough.  I like to Praise our Lord Jesus for designing bodies to sleep when it is dark and wake when it is light.  What did people do before alarm clocks and 3rd shift jobs????  (my witty answer would be that "they had roosters and/or children!!")

We are a nation that does not rest.....I'd be happy to adapt a "siesta" every now and then on top of whatever "normal" rest is.

HTH on the cinnamon thing.....

YoopreMama

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2007, 08:33:25 PM »
When I was about 12 years old my mom decided to try this, there was a book she was reading by some ppl who did it and they swore it was a great thing (don't know the name of the book or the diet ppl who recommended it).  -Heather

I wonder if this was "Fit for Life"? I was doing that, too, for a time, years ago. I think fruit is good on an empty stomach in the AM to flush stuff out, but I think eating a healthy, fat-filled breakfast should follow, 30 or so minutes later.  That's how I try to stay "regular",anyway!  :D

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2007, 02:58:27 AM »

I wonder if this was "Fit for Life"? I was doing that, too, for a time, years ago. I think fruit is good on an empty stomach in the AM to flush stuff out, but I think eating a healthy, fat-filled breakfast should follow, 30 or so minutes later.  That's how I try to stay "regular",anyway!  :D

Nope.  I did FFL for a long time.  He always advocates one protein and one carb serving everytime you eat.  I had great success with this program!  However, after finding t-tapp, I think t-tapp is a much easier way to tone and lose.

Which is what I was going to suggest to allinhistime.... I added t-tapp to my life a few weeks ago and what a huge difference!  I haven't lost a ton of weight, but I've lost almost two clothing sizes.  I think eating a good, hearty breakfast and adding t-tapp to your day will make a big difference.  I have found it is healing my insulin resistance, adrenal gland weakness, and my hormones are much more balanced out.  Cannot recommend this enough.  I do mine right before bed and I sleep great afterwards.

patti
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 03:28:58 AM by healthybratt »
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline babymakers

• Adept
    • Babeemakers
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2007, 12:41:49 PM »
I too have tried the coconut oil thing, but I just can't seem to down a couple of tablespoons at a time. Any other way to take it?
Maybe you could try adding a couple spoonfuls into a smoothie or try smearing it on toast with cinnamon and maybe honey? I have actually ate it on toast w/ other toppings before just to see what it tasted like and it was quite good!
Visit my-

eBay Store, and <a href="http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/babymakers/ ">blog[/url].

Offline rebeccahuff

• Adept
  • www.homeschoolblogger.com/rebeccahuff
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2007, 11:52:33 AM »
All that I know about the whole "blood type" eating is that it was based off of evolutionary thinking and that each man's bloodtype determines where they are on the evolution's scale of levels of races(i.e. evolutionists believe that the white man is on top of the "survival of the fittest" evolving and that black, Jews, and Asians are on bottom).  Personally, I don't care to follow a diet that suggests one person's blood is different/better than another's.
Wow! Thanks for this information...I had used Natalia Rose's book The Raw Food Detox Diet and lost weight with it, but I never really thought about where the idea came from...also, I had read Dr. Mercola's blood typing books, but didn't care to try to make different meals for each member of my family...ha ha...so I just had "my food" and "their food" and it was a lot of work. I am currently reading Eat Fat Lose Fat and am trying the coconut oil on it, although I did eat quite a bit of coconut oil during the Raw Food Detox Diet.  Anyhow, I appreciate your opinion about the blood typing...it opened my eyes.