Author Topic: kidney (UTI?) infection in 8.5 wks. pregnancy need help!  (Read 5221 times)

Offline smbctfs

• Wide Eyed
kidney (UTI?) infection in 8.5 wks. pregnancy need help!
« on: March 12, 2007, 12:05:24 PM »
I had my first ever kidney infection in the last month of pregnancy with my last baby and ended up taking N-K Stim, Vit. C and drinking lots of water.  That kicked it.  Now I am 8.5 wks. pregnant and it's back!  I am concerned about taking the N-K Stim (with aloe vera, white larch bark, etc.) in this early of a pregnancy.  We just moved here, so I do not have a midwife yet.  Any suggestions?  How long can I do just cranberry capsules, blueberries, vit. C and lots of water?

Michelle

Offline happyhomemaker

• happyhomemaker
  • Adept
Re: kidney (UTI?) infection in 8.5 wks. pregnancy need help!
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 05:11:02 PM »
Michelle,

I am sorry to hear of the problem you are having. :( I always get kiddney infections every time I am pregnant. For me, they never start as bladder infections, so I have a bad bad situation from the start. I think I've had at least 5 k. infections (it seems like I have one, 2 times per pregnancy).When I have a UTI, I take cranberry capsules almost around the clock, drink water (lots of) and take GSE. With my last pregnancy, it was so bad that I ended up taking a product called U-track (It also went by another name, but that was so long ago that I cannot remember what it was. I can call the HFS on monday and ask if you want.) This was a white powder, that was safe to take while prego. It cost about $29.99, but it saved me from taking medicine and going to the doctor. It didn't taste bad, and it  really worked.  They can really wear you out, if left un-treated.

Hope you find some help soon,
hhm
Happyhomemaker :)

Offline Kymdenise

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 01:05:24 PM »
I am in a similar situation.. I'm 11.5 weeks along, and just got hit today with a bladder infection. My back aches, and I have that whole urgency with very little results thing goin' on. I am MISERABLE... and no OB till tomorrow.. I've always LIVED by AZO to get me through until an appointment, but being pg, I don't know what to do.. Help!!! :(

Offline JustJo

• Learning
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 10:22:31 AM »
My daughter who is 6 months with child has had UTI s during this time carrying the baby . So she drank lemon water a great deal , took garlic caps. and cranberry caps ( which we purchased from Beeyoutiful.com.)  She took 10 cranberry  4 times a day and same with the garlic and then tapered down as time went by and the infection lessened. She also drank pure cranberry juice (not a  cocktail mix).  And getting rest is important. Whereas she was on the couch in pain and feverish she is now and up and about and well. Herbs work. Also for the pain we bought from the grocers, raw ginger root. Cut off a piece the size of your hand and boil it in water until soft,( but we did  not do this until soft for she was in so much pain, so we only boiled it for about 30 min) place a cloth in the ginger water Be careful-it's HOT and when it's cooled enough to bear without burning place over area of pain with plastic over this and then a heatingsource over this all to keep it as warm as possible for as long as possible. Repeat as often as needed. This also works very well for Kidney stones.  I thank  God for  herbs.

Offline momof5aj11to29

• Learning
  • My homemade soap
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 05:09:45 PM »
I know this is old topic as no seems to have responded in a long time. I had a horrible kidney infection over a year & a half ago. I now have a remedy which will keep me out of the docs office, & so much cheaper. D-Mannose. This natural sugar gets into the kidney & kills the bacteria & continues to kill it all the way out...bladder & kidney infection gone in a hurry. Continue taking for a week to make sure it is gone. Never be without it as you who have suffered such pain don't want to wait for it to be delivered to your door via snail mail. I get mine at iherb.com ~it is safe for babies too. My granddaughter had one in May of 2009 while on vacation. Praise God for health food stores nearby! she was better by the end of the day! A friend of mine had for two months been back & forth with the doc office & antibiotics. Her bladder infection would not go away. Finally after the 5th phone call to me she broke down & got the stuff! she called me in frustration to say "why do the docs not tell us about this stuff?!" she said for two month's I have tried to get rid of this infection & three days into the D-Mannose its gone! She is a convinced woman & tells everyone about it..
All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline skelliott2

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 03:27:10 PM »
Funny, I was just writing over in the other UTI thread  :) 

I will definitely second the Mannose.  I was getting recurring infections every couple of months this year.  The D-Mannose has stopped it.  I take it as soon as I feel one coming on, and it's working!!!!!

Offline lindsjo30

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2009, 10:57:17 AM »
I am 8 wks pregnant and just got done with antibiotics, which were horrible because they made me so very tired, not that I have a problem being tired anyway, having 3 small children and being pregnant. I dont know what to do, I dont want to be on anymore meds. Can I get something at a natural foods store?

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 11:03:58 AM »
I am 8 wks pregnant and just got done with antibiotics, which were horrible because they made me so very tired, not that I have a problem being tired anyway, having 3 small children and being pregnant. I dont know what to do, I dont want to be on anymore meds. Can I get something at a natural foods store?

You can take powdered d-mannose.  1 tsp. 3x's a day in applesauce or water (applesauce is easier).  Do this for 7 days.  Your UTI will be gone quickly.  You should feel better within 24hrs.  You can usually buy this at any HFS.

patti
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline cpsenter

• Adept
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2009, 09:11:38 AM »
will it hurt anything to take this if its not a kidney infection.
I suspect it might be but I'm not certain!
thanks

========

You can take powdered d-mannose.  1 tsp. 3x's a day in applesauce or water (applesauce is easier).  Do this for 7 days.  Your UTI will be gone quickly.  You should feel better within 24hrs.  You can usually buy this at any HFS.

patti

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2009, 11:10:32 AM »

Nope.  Mannose is completely safe.  We gave it to our dd daily for 6 months as a preventative as do many ND's, etc.  For those with chronic troubles they also can take it as a preventative without any side effects.

patti

will it hurt anything to take this if its not a kidney infection.
I suspect it might be but I'm not certain!
thanks

========

patti
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2009, 12:02:26 PM »
Here's 2 threads on UTI's. Lots of good info in them including treating UTIs while pregnant. 

UTI: Urinary Tract/Kidney/Bladder Infections

UTI? During pregnancy 

HTH Blessings ~herbalmom