Author Topic: Smoke Inhalation: Symptoms & Treatments  (Read 4925 times)

Offline 4lilkeepers

• Adept
Smoke Inhalation: Symptoms & Treatments
« on: January 27, 2007, 04:50:47 PM »
Dh was burning some stuff today and inhaled a little too much of the smoke.  When he exhales he wheezes pretty badly, does anyone know of something I could do ease his congestion?

Thanks
4lilkeepers

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Re: Smoke Inhalation: Symptoms & Treatments
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 06:39:24 PM »
Dh was burning some stuff today and inhaled a little too much of the smoke.  When he exhales he wheezes pretty badly, does anyone know of something I could do ease his congestion?

Thanks
4lilkeepers
Lobelia maybe?  Read this.

Also, maybe check the cough and cold thread for remedies for congestion.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline Mom2four

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 05:56:25 AM »
We just returned from a weekend trip with dh to Atlanta, where he had a seminar to attend.  On the drive up (from FL), we could smell some forest fires burning.  My throat started to get scratchy and the next morning (Sun) I woke up with a horrible sore throat.  As the weekend went on, it hurt terribly.  But, I have no fever, no stuffy nose.  The only thing is that I have TMJ and any time I get a sore throat it seems to radiate into my jaw and ear.  We got home late last night (Tues. pm) and I made lemon/honey tea, took some herbs, put garlic drops in my ear, etc....  Today I feel better, but my throat is still pretty sore and only on the right side, which is odd. I can't really tell if my ear hurts or not, because the pain kind of throbs up my jaw and into my lower ear, but I think it is originating from my throat.  It looks a little red, but no white patches or anything that would make me think strep and still no fever.  Any ideas/suggestions?  I really hate to go to the dr. -- so how long should I let it go on?  Could it be an allergy to something in that area since I feel a little better at home or come from the smoke we smelled?  Thanks 
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 05:57:22 AM by healthybratt »

Offline freshisbest

• Adept
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 06:08:35 AM »
Maybe just coincidence ... or you picked up a germ or two from the hotel combined with traveling. Maybe you didn't eat enough and are detoxing by accident??

Offline Mom2four

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 04:30:37 AM »
It's me again, still with my sore throat - 8 days later!!  >:(  I tell you what, I haven't been sick in so long, I am a big baby.  I ended up going to the dr. for a strep test just to be sure because my throat hurts so badly.  It is not strep, therefore, it is either allergies or viral.  The dr. said I could take steroids, but I politely declined that option.  However, I am at a loss as to what to do.  I still feel like it is allergies because no one else in the house is sick and by now, I would think I would have passed it around a little.  I have eaten garlic, made poultices, taken all sorts of immune boosters, I am constantly drinking throat coat tea -- nothing seems to make it go away.  I have a little cough now and some laringytis - but no fever, no aches and pains, etc....which is good because I don't really feel sick, but the pain in my throat is pretty severe.  Any herbs or homeopathic treatments that you guys find works for throat pain/allergies?  Thanks.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 05:13:59 AM »
I put your recipe in the cough/congestion thread.  It looks great.  Thanks for sharing.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline BJ_BOBBI_JO

• Guru
  • I SEE YOU
    • BJ_BOBBI_JO blog
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 07:37:50 AM »
I wouldnt think smoke inhalation would cause a sore  so many days later but I dunno for sure???

When I worked at a nursing home 1 of the senile residents got a hold of a smokers liter and set the place on fire. The smoke was so thick that even with all the lights on the place was pitch black. but we still had to drag the residents out before they died of inhalation or fire.

A lot of us staff got smoke inhalation. I kind of remember my throat being dry like but not sore. I would blow my nose and black stuff came out. Also the O2 mask/bag I was wearing after the fire would get all black from my exhalations, it was smoke junk coming out from my lungs. but I dont remember having a sore throat or dry throat for many days afterwards, maybe just a dry throat for a day or 2. but everyone is differant.