Author Topic: Why am I nauseous all the time?  (Read 6315 times)

Offline Anneatheart

• Adept
Why am I nauseous all the time?
« on: May 09, 2006, 03:22:45 AM »
I've had a recurring probelm, well since before my last pregnancy and all during of being nauseated frequently, especially in the evenings. It's not horribly bad, like I don't feel I will vomit, but I feel uncomfortable. Usually I've noticed it's because my stomach is starting to get hungry, but I will feel sick first, then after awhile will feel hunger pains. Last night after dinner it started, and after awhile I ate a snack, then my stomach was gripey and uncomfortable. It doesn't seem to matter what I eat, healthy or unhealthy. I had a sinus infection last week and took antibiotics for 3 days (bad I know, but needed) and lots of other meds so I could take care of my babies. Could that be what's wrong? I've not slept much either because my 2 month old was sick too. I just ate two pieces of whole wheat cinnamon bread with butter and some Irish breakfast tea with honey. I felt sick before I ate it and now I'm starting to feel some 'churning' in the belly.

I was planning to do the lemonade cleanse this week, but today is my birthday and I wanted to be able to eat any treats we may have :) I've never eliminated wheat/dairy from my diet to see if that's it, and I am about to start up on the probiotics again.  Any wise thoughts??

Thanks,
Jessica

Offline petrimama

• Master
    • My blog...
Re: Why am I nauseous all the time?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 03:46:51 AM »
I can almost guarantee there's an underlying cause, but I am far from knowledgeable enough to know what it is.
  Regardless, one thing I'd recommend it trying to get extra sleep.  I'm sure that it's tough with a newborn but it really is amazing how much being behind on sleep can affect your body systems.  Also, sleep is necessary for your body to recover from a hard day of work, stress, toxins, injuries, etc.  Whatever it is, sleep could only help.  I recently got over a minor stomach bug and had similar symptoms for several days afterward.  Finally, my husband sent me to bed after church last week (even though I didn't think I would be able to sleep) while he played outside with our three little ones.  Four hours later I woke up and have been feeling fine since, with the exception of mild lingering morning sickness!
                                                                                         ~L

Offline mamasboys

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 07:15:57 AM »
The description of your nausea is EXACTLY how I feel all the time - especially in the evenings except I'm in my first trimester.  I know you have a new baby, but is it possible to have another one on the way right now????

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 08:45:14 AM »
Maybe you are deficiant in B vitamins?  Raspberry leaf tea is very good for morning sickness, motion sickness and general nasea.  It's reputed to be a good quick source of some B vitamins and cures the upset tummy by satisfying a need for these vitamins.  Just a thought.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline Anneatheart

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 05:58:28 PM »
Oh, please Lord no! Believe me, I'm very paranoid about being pregnant, especially since I had my first two children in the same year. The thought did cross my mind as I haven't had a regular period yet (not nursing) and I usually get it by 8 weeks postpartum. (baby is almost 10 weeks) However, I took a test and it was negative. Those things are usually right. Crossing my fingers.

I remember hearing about the B vitamin deficiency being related to morning sickness, but hadn't thought about it helping in general. I have the raspberry tea...after I posted I took my supermom vitamins and two Tummy Tuneups. It seemed to have made a difference for a little while. It just feels like I'm holding my stomach in or like something is squeezing it most of the time. Weird.

Offline LilyEilis

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2006, 09:08:04 AM »
Well, this has nothing to do with your question...but HAPPY BIRTHDAY a day late!   I hope you were able to have a great day even with your nausea!

And I like your username...are you referring to Anne Shirley as the "Anne at heart"?
"...Jesus Christ, whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, receiving the end of your faith—the salvation of your souls." ~1 Peter 1:7f-9

Offline Anneatheart

• Adept
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006, 09:07:54 AM »
Thanks for the birthday wish...yes my name is referring to Anne Shirley. I've read those books and watched the movies so much!

Offline LilyEilis

• Adept
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2006, 09:19:37 AM »
...yes my name is referring to Anne Shirley. I've read those books and watched the movies so much!

Oh, I know what you mean...I love those books too!  And the movies are good...though I didn't like The Continuing Story because it didn't follow the books AT ALL.   But the first two movies are good...I especially love Anne's clothes in the second one...oh, WHY don't we dress like that anymore?! 
Have a glorious day!
"...Jesus Christ, whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, receiving the end of your faith—the salvation of your souls." ~1 Peter 1:7f-9

Offline advancewithcourage

• Learning
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2006, 06:59:35 AM »
It sounds like you may have small bowel dysbiosis (overgrowth of bad bacteria or fungus). Could be caused by food allergies or stress too.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2006, 11:17:20 AM »
It sounds like you may have small bowel dysbiosis (overgrowth of bad bacteria or fungus). Could be caused by food allergies or stress too.

Read this post.
  My favorite herb book!!