Author Topic: Die-Off from Candida/Yeast: Causes, Effects, Risks & Reduction  (Read 115522 times)

Offline hollyolly123

• Adept
Re: Die-Off from Candida/Yeast: Causes, Effects, Risks & Reduction
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2007, 03:18:26 PM »
I know acidopilus is supposed to retard candida reproduction, but I'd suggest continuing the garlic if you really want it dead.  Did you all just smell like garlic, or just stink in general?  If you are just stinky, it could be detox.  But if you smell like garlic, I would personally prefer to smell for a while than have yeast.  But my family are like goats, strange tasts and smells don't bother us too much ;D.

Also, did you know distilled water will wash minerals out of your body because it doesn't have minerals in it?  Did you add minerals too it?  Especially since you are nursing and really need all your minerals, you might want to be careful. 

Offline EverLearning

• Adept
« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2007, 03:12:57 AM »
Also, did you know distilled water will wash minerals out of your body because it doesn't have minerals in it?  Did you add minerals too it?  Especially since you are nursing and really need all your minerals, you might want to be careful. 

Would the Supermom replace these minerals?  We have town water, so I'm avoiding the chlorine.  Should I be drinking spring water instead?  We have a natural running spring in our town that anyone can use, but the draining tank is filled with moss, which makes me think their might be a good chance of getting some mold in my water - something I'm trying to avoid with the yeast right now.

Amy

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2007, 11:31:28 AM »
I'm on my third day of the diet - meat, green veggies, raw almonds, eggs, butter, and plain kefir.  I've had pronounced fatigue, brain fog, headaches, and now sweating/face tingling episodes.  I'm taking Tummy Tune-Up, Flaxseed Oil/Coconut Oil and Supermom. 

I took odorless garlic for the last 24 hours and I now reek!!  My nursing baby stinks too, I am told.  Of course, I don't smell it myself, but why would Odorless garlic make the whole room I'm in stink??  I think I'll hold off on this for awhile.

I also drank about two gallons of distilled water in the last two days.

Question is...Will this clear up the candida without Yeast Assassin?  Is there something else I could get that would kill off the yeast or will the elimination diet do the trick?

Amy
Yeast Assassin and/or garlic would certainly speed up the process but what you're doing should work if you're diligent and consistant.  The probiotics are very important and you may want to begin adding fermented foods into the mix as education, time & budget permits.  Good luck.  Hang in there.  You're on the right track.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline EverLearning

• Adept
« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2007, 12:15:20 PM »
Thanks, HealthyBratt.  I am on Day 4 and feeling much better today, although my baby's mouth is still full of thrush.  A big plus -- I have lost 5 lbs. so far this week!!

Amy
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 03:17:29 PM by EverLearning »

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2007, 02:34:50 PM »
Thanks, HealthyBratt.  I am on Day 4 and feeling much better today, although my baby's mouth is still full of thrush.  A big plus!!  I have lost 5 lbs. so far this week!!

Amy
NOTE:  Yeast Assassin is not recommended for nursing moms as it may dry up your supply.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline EverLearning

• Adept
« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2007, 03:16:45 PM »
So good to know.  I had tried to check into this, but didn't get an answer.  I've been debating whether to go ahead and order or not.  Now I know.  Is there another alternative to kill off the yeast other than garlic?  I am eating some coconut oil (hard for me to get down, so I'm frying meat in it) so the caprylic acid should be a little helpful.

Amy

Offline hollyolly123

• Adept
« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2007, 03:41:39 PM »
Amy,

You don't live on the Cape, do you?  I'm from there and my home town had one of those springs (with moss).  It was like a drinking fountain on top, with I think a couple of fountains for filling jugs on the side.

You can buy minerals to replace the ones lost in distilled water, but I don't know where, sorry!

Holly

Offline EverLearning

• Adept
« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2007, 03:50:01 PM »
Nope, not the Cape, but not too very far away.  Upstate NY.

Amy

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2007, 04:35:15 PM »
So good to know.  I had tried to check into this, but didn't get an answer.  I've been debating whether to go ahead and order or not.  Now I know.  Is there another alternative to kill off the yeast other than garlic?  I am eating some coconut oil (hard for me to get down, so I'm frying meat in it) so the caprylic acid should be a little helpful.

Amy
What if you would do some of the ing. in Yeast Assassin separately so that you could avoid the ones that might dry up your milk. Say take capsules of caprylic acid, oil of oregano, and maybe the pau d' arco...  :-\
I've thought of coming up w/ a schedule of this type for a relative who can't take Yeast Assassin due to severe previous reactions to olive leaf extract... If you do this please post your schedule/amounts and reactions. :)

Offline EverLearning

• Adept
« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2007, 03:22:01 AM »
I went down another 2 lbs. yesterday and this morning I noticed that I have about a half-dozen bruises in various places on my legs.  What would that be caused from?

Also, boysmama, I have an appointment next Wed. with an herbologist, so I'm kind of hanging on until I can get her recommendations.  I'll let you know what I come up with. 

Amy

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2007, 04:32:31 AM »

Amy

Candida Cleanse Without Supplements
Treating Candida/Yeast While Pregnant [or Nursing]
Foods to Eat While Taking Yeast Assassin [or Other Antifungals]
Natural Antifungals
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline EverLearning

• Adept
« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2007, 08:45:59 AM »
O.K., I've read so much I'm dizzy.  Thanks, HealthyBratt for the links.  There were two I hadn't read yet. 

Okay, seriously... we've had several ladies mention having success with sprinkling Tummy Tune-Up Original Blend on their breasts before and after feedings. This seemed to heal the baby and the mama at the same time.

This was super helpful.  I'm going to try this one ASAP. 

Amy

Offline westernmama

• Adept
    • Cheap Pregnancy Tests
« Reply #72 on: September 06, 2007, 05:32:47 AM »
I know it's been a few months since this thread was up and running, but I'd like some input from some ladies.  I began the YA and TT two days ago, this is my third day.  I've also been trying to follow the no sugar/no yeast diet (although I did cheat one small time each day).  I'm also nursing a 10mo.  I read that YA can dry up your milk, but that would actually not bother me.  I was trying to wean him anyway - although he doesn't seem to want to give it up.  :-\

I'm trying to decide if what I'm experiencing is die-off or just low blood sugar and what I should do about it.  Several times the past couple days I've felt very wiped out and then this morning I was actually shaking (such as I do when I have low blood sugar).  I made myself a pile of eggs with coconut oil and cheese and seem to feel a little bit better.  I also have struggled with a bad sore throat and draining sinuses/headache - but that actually began before I started the YA and diet.  The children also have the sore throat/runny nose, too.

I've been taking 4 YA and 2 TTU per day along with my Supermoms.  I've been trying to eat meat, eggs, salads with Italian dressing, olives, almonds, and cheese.

So is this die-off or should I add a simple grain to my diet?  I have never done a cleanse before, so this is all new to me.  Any input would be good.  It's just hard to feel shaky and faint while taking care of 4 lil' ones.  :)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 06:03:33 AM by westernmama »

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2007, 06:09:27 AM »
I know it's been a few months since this thread was up and running, but I'd like some input from some ladies.  I began the YA and TT two days ago, this is my third day.  I've also been trying to follow the no sugar/no yeast diet (although I did cheat one small time each day).  I'm also nursing a 10mo.  I read that YA can dry up your milk, but that would actually not bother me.  I was trying to wean him anyway - although he doesn't seem to want to give it up.  :-\

I'm trying to decide if what I'm experiencing is die-off or just low blood sugar and what I should do about it.  Several times the past couple days I've felt very wiped out and then this morning I was actually shaking (such as I do when I have low blood sugar).  I made myself a pile of eggs with coconut oil and cheese and seem to feel a little bit better.  I also have struggled with a bad sore throat and draining sinuses/headache - but that actually began before I started the YA and diet.  The children also have the sore throat/runny nose, too.

I've been taking 4 YA and 2 TTU per day along with my Supermoms.  I've been trying to eat meat, eggs, salads with Italian dressing, olives, almonds, and cheese.

So is this die-off or should I add a simple grain to my diet?  I have never done a cleanse before, so this is all new to me.  Any input would be good.  It's just hard to feel shaky and faint while taking care of 4 lil' ones.  :)
I'm not expert on blood sugar, but I was under the impression that the cure for blood sugar imbalance was not CARBS, but FATS & Proteins.  So if this is true, then I would suggest eating more of the foods you are already eating in case of blood sugar imbalance.  If you are experiencing blood sugar problems or die-off, eating carbs would most likely be counterproductive.

Anyone else tell us more about blood sugar and carbs?

The Role of Fat and Carbohydrates in our Diet
Hypoglycemia
Natural Treatments for Type 1 Diabetes
Natural Treatments for Type 2 Diabetes
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 06:13:22 AM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline beppyjo

• Adept
    • My Blog
« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2007, 07:57:32 AM »
Well, I feel a little silly asking this but I need some reassurance that this is really die off. My dh is quite concerned that this is not die off but some sort of horrible allergic reaction and that I should consider quitting the supplements.
 So here is the what has happened.  Around the first of Oct I upped my probiotic dosage and got stricter with my sugar and carb consumption. I am still not totally free of either but pretty close and once I go shopping I should be able to do better. Anyways,as I increased the probiotics I started getting a rash on the back of my ears and on my back. I ran out of probiotics for 2 days while waiting for my beeyoutiful order and my rash got worse. I then started taking Acidophilus Blast & Enzyme Digestive and my rash which I now know is eczema continued to spread. I added aloe vera juice and some pumpkin seeds. I am trying to drink lots of water but my eczema keeps getting worse. My face is covered - swollen, red, itchy, etc.... my back, my scalp, my neck, my chest, the backs of my knees, & my arms are covered with the eczema much of which is open sores (from the scratching :-[) the rest of my body just has random patches. I also have a yeast skin infection in my armpits that just keeps getting worse. I am trying coconut oil on that. This is very discouraging. It is has been 18 days since the eczema started and just continues to get worse. I have been under quite a bit of stress as well, is that why its worse and not better? Am I totally off base thinking this die off? I don't feel like I can go out in public shopping or anything because the eczema on my face is soooo bad. I have tried to perservere but am definately losing everything needed to do that.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.... I am at the end of my ropes. :'(

Thanks ladies.
  B

Offline crystal

• Adept
« Reply #75 on: October 19, 2007, 09:16:51 AM »
Well, I feel a little silly asking this but I need some reassurance that this is really die off. My dh is quite concerned that this is not die off but some sort of horrible allergic reaction and that I should consider quitting the supplements.
 So here is the what has happened.  Around the first of Oct I upped my probiotic dosage and got stricter with my sugar and carb consumption. I am still not totally free of either but pretty close and once I go shopping I should be able to do better. Anyways,as I increased the probiotics I started getting a rash on the back of my ears and on my back. I ran out of probiotics for 2 days while waiting for my beeyoutiful order and my rash got worse. I then started taking Acidophilus Blast & Enzyme Digestive and my rash which I now know is eczema continued to spread. I added aloe vera juice and some pumpkin seeds. I am trying to drink lots of water but my eczema keeps getting worse. My face is covered - swollen, red, itchy, etc.... my back, my scalp, my neck, my chest, the backs of my knees, & my arms are covered with the eczema much of which is open sores (from the scratching :-[) the rest of my body just has random patches. I also have a yeast skin infection in my armpits that just keeps getting worse. I am trying coconut oil on that. This is very discouraging. It is has been 18 days since the eczema started and just continues to get worse. I have been under quite a bit of stress as well, is that why its worse and not better? Am I totally off base thinking this die off? I don't feel like I can go out in public shopping or anything because the eczema on my face is soooo bad. I have tried to perservere but am definately losing everything needed to do that.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.... I am at the end of my ropes. :'(

Thanks ladies.
  B

Oh, Beci, I am SO sorry you are going through this! :(  I have no answers because I really have no experience with this, but I will pray for you.  I know that there are a lot of very knowledgeable people on here that can offer some advice.  Maybe personal message a few if you don't get anywhere with your post. 

Blessings from your "neighbor." :)

Crystal

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #76 on: October 19, 2007, 09:35:45 AM »
Westernmama, I sure can sympathize w/ the shaky "no _go " feeling while trying to take care of kids and still nursing on top of all.
 I actually am of the opinion that it is better to cleanse gently and steadily than to get it all over with at once. It takes awhile to get in bad shape and to try to undo all the damage at once is like trying to clean out an entire house in one hour. Sure you might get all the corners exposed to fresh air and sunlight in one hour but you are left with piles of junk to trip over.  :) Much better to take it one room at a time, get rid of the trash as you go and do the clean up over several days... Admittedly there are advantages both ways, but in your case I would opt to go more slowly. Cut out all sugar and keep a few of the unrefined complex carbs. Do lots and lots of probiotics- homemade kefir (w/ the grains not the powdered culture) being one of the best IMO.  You will have to stay with the program of cleansing for much longer, but your body will handle it better with possibly fewer side effects in long run. The more I study the liver and its function in our bodies the more I believe in slow, consistent change rather than dramatic overhaul. An all ready burdened and toxic liver just can't handle a huge detox effectively.
Make sense?

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #77 on: October 19, 2007, 09:46:51 AM »
Beppyjo,
I am sooo sorry for the discomfort you are going through.  :'(
It does sound like severe die off! This is good and bad!  ;) First off try some dead sea salt baths for your skin.  The coconut oil could make it worse if it is yeast because it traps moisture there on your skin which the yeast loves. Check out this thread. www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,3248.0html I would be longing for some full body sun exposure if I were in your condition. Can you manage that? Just get as much of your skin exposed to real sunshine as possible.
I'll be praying for you!

Offline Whiterock

• Jesus Knows Me, This I Love
  • Guru
  • Eph 6:16
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
« Reply #78 on: October 19, 2007, 09:52:19 AM »
Beppyjo,
It does sound like severe die off! This is good and bad!  ;) First off try some dead sea salt baths for your skin.  The coconut oil could make it worse if it is yeast because it traps moisture there on your skin which the yeast loves. Check out this thread. www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,3248.0html I would be longing for some full body sun exposure if I were in your condition. Can you manage that? Just get as much of your skin exposed to real sunshine as possible.
I'll be praying for you!

I use coconut oil on yeast rashes with great success. I doesn't sit on the skin but is quickly absorbed for the most part. And it always knocks out the rash pretty fast! I have used a deodorant with tea tree oil in it and it didn't help at all, whereas the VCO always works.

WR
Who Needs God?

My Blog - Yarb d'Farb Knarb Check out the Wellness Wednesday tag for your health-related blog posts!

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #79 on: October 19, 2007, 09:59:30 AM »
Beppyjo,
I'll be praying for you!

I use coconut oil on yeast rashes with great success. I doesn't sit on the skin but is quickly absorbed for the most part. And it always knocks out the rash pretty fast! I have used a deodorant with tea tree oil in it and it didn't help at all, whereas the VCO always works.

WR
OK! I'll modify my statement a bit. It may not be a simple matter of the oil trapping moisture in :-[, but check out the link I put in and maybe the explanations there in the beginning of the thread will show why the salts often work when a salve or oil does not.  :)

Offline beppyjo

• Adept
    • My Blog
« Reply #80 on: October 19, 2007, 10:34:06 AM »
Thanks for the info ladies! I will definately research the link......... I am hoping to have dh get some seasalts today. I hate to go out in public looking like I have the heebiejeebies.  :P  Unfortunately, living on the Oregon coast, I do not have access to sunshine right now or it might be worth it to go out.

WR, how long before you saw any improvement with the VCO? I have been applying a couple times a day and don't see any improvement. So maybe I don't have just yeast as suggested in the link from boysmama?

If the eczema is die off shouldn't it be clearing up by now? Isn't 3 weeks an awful long time for it to just keep getting worse?  ???

I really appreciate all of the input ladies!!! THANK YOU!

Offline Whiterock

• Jesus Knows Me, This I Love
  • Guru
  • Eph 6:16
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
« Reply #81 on: October 19, 2007, 10:37:34 AM »
Hmmm, it usually cleared up for me by the end of the second day.
WR
Who Needs God?

My Blog - Yarb d'Farb Knarb Check out the Wellness Wednesday tag for your health-related blog posts!

Offline crystal

• Adept
« Reply #82 on: October 20, 2007, 05:20:25 PM »
Thanks for the info ladies! I will definately research the link......... I am hoping to have dh get some seasalts today. I hate to go out in public looking like I have the heebiejeebies.  :P  Unfortunately, living on the Oregon coast, I do not have access to sunshine right now or it might be worth it to go out.

WR, how long before you saw any improvement with the VCO? I have been applying a couple times a day and don't see any improvement. So maybe I don't have just yeast as suggested in the link from boysmama?

If the eczema is die off shouldn't it be clearing up by now? Isn't 3 weeks an awful long time for it to just keep getting worse?  ???

I really appreciate all of the input ladies!!! THANK YOU!

Beci,

How are you today?  Any improvement?

Offline beppyjo

• Adept
    • My Blog
« Reply #83 on: October 20, 2007, 05:31:30 PM »
HI Crystal!  ;)
  Thanks for asking! I am not sure if I am any better..... ??? The sea salt baths have helped the rash in my armpits some but the eczema on the rest of my body (esp my face) shows no obvious sign of improvement. I have increased my water intake and between that and the salt baths the itching is considerably less, it just doesn't look any better.  I went to my folks tonight and they gave me some benadryl that they thought I should try. I am curious as to wether or not this will adversely affect my efforts at fighting candida? ??? My eyelids are horribly swollen and  the rest of my face is somewhat swollen/red/splotchy/scaly/etc......... I am not going to church tomorrow  :'( because it would just be too awkward. I don't want to take anything if it will set my candida fighting efforts back but I really want some relief. Any thoughts anyone?  Thanks!
B

Offline crystal

• Adept
« Reply #84 on: October 20, 2007, 05:34:10 PM »
Beci,

I am curious.  Is the little guy affected at all by all of this detox?  That is, if you are still nursing.

Offline beppyjo

• Adept
    • My Blog
« Reply #85 on: October 20, 2007, 05:45:49 PM »
Surprisingly Isaiah doesn't seem bothered at all. He has rough skin on his back......it feels rather like sandpaper :P  but it is not red or inflamed or anything. He has had it for a few months. When I first upped my probiotics he got a bit fussy so I dropped my dosage for a little while and then increased the dosage a little slower. He has not seemed to have any problems since, thankfully! Do you suppose that means it is not die off or just that I get to be thankful that it doesn't bother him?
  Oh, I don't know if this is related but the last couple days he has had at least 2 poopie diapers a day where he had been once a week. Do you think that could be related? He isn't sleeping quite as well either I just didn't think about it poss being related to detox!

Offline crystal

• Adept
« Reply #86 on: October 20, 2007, 06:07:56 PM »
Surprisingly Isaiah doesn't seem bothered at all. He has rough skin on his back......it feels rather like sandpaper :P  but it is not red or inflamed or anything. He has had it for a few months. When I first upped my probiotics he got a bit fussy so I dropped my dosage for a little while and then increased the dosage a little slower. He has not seemed to have any problems since, thankfully! Do you suppose that means it is not die off or just that I get to be thankful that it doesn't bother him?
  Oh, I don't know if this is related but the last couple days he has had at least 2 poopie diapers a day where he had been once a week. Do you think that could be related? He isn't sleeping quite as well either I just didn't think about it poss being related to detox!

Beci,

I would keep a mindful eye on his behavior and physical state.  It may give you some clues about your own condition.  It is possible that he is detoxing, but, of course, being only a few months old, doesn't have as much to detox from. The probiotics might be making him more regular, which would explain his increased output.  JMHO (Just My Humble Opinion)  Maybe someone else has some more insight for you.

Are you going to nurse Isaiah for quite a while longer?  When you stop nursing, you will be able to do a heavier detox on yourself.  Of course, if this is detox, you may have more than you can handle now. 

By the way, what all are you taking for supplements?

Offline beppyjo

• Adept
    • My Blog
« Reply #87 on: October 20, 2007, 06:50:32 PM »
Lord willing I will nurse him until he is a yr............ so it will be another 7 or so mo until I could do anything more major. If this is any indication of what a more major detox would do then I don't think I could handle it!  :(
 As to supplements - 2 ttu acidophilus blast with each meal
                             1 enzyme digestive with each meal
                             2 omega balance 3-6-9 am/pm
                             4 codliver oil at noon
                             aloe vera juice - I try to remember to take it twice a day
 Yesterday I added 2 odorless garic caps twice daily
  I also have been taking 1 ttu acidophilus blast and 1 ttu ultimate defense before bed.

Sound o.k.? After reading several threads and posting on the cadida treatment thread this is what I came up with.  I just had no idea it would make me so miserable for so long!  :o  whine whine whine ::)

Offline crystal

• Adept
« Reply #88 on: October 20, 2007, 07:04:21 PM »
Maybe the garlic is what affected Isaiah's sleep last night?   ???

How much longer are you willing to push through these symptoms?  How is your condition affecting the rest of the family?  These are things I would ask myself.  Maybe set a goal of waiting another two weeks and than, if you aren't improving, look at something else, besides this being detox.  Of course, I will say again, that I have no personal experience with this kind of intense situation.  Of course, first and foremost, listen to the Lord and follow your dh's counsel.  I often find that, when I am in crisis, my dh has a much more wise and objective viewpoint of reality. 

Beci, I will continue to pray for you.  I will also share with our Sunday School class tomorrow, if I may.  I will wait for your okay on that. 

Offline beppyjo

• Adept
    • My Blog
« Reply #89 on: October 20, 2007, 07:41:53 PM »
I truly am not sure how much longer I can keep going. Besides all of hte eczema I feel like I am much more emotional. It seems like way too much right now but I really want to be rid of this stuff. We will continue to pray and seek the Lords direction on this. Thanks for prayers and advice!

B