Author Topic: oil of oregano, safe for children??  (Read 42238 times)

Offline kmw0373

• Learning
oil of oregano, safe for children??
« on: December 16, 2006, 09:45:02 AM »
I read about using oregano oil and it's effectiveness, but was wondering is it okay to give to children ages 2 and up? Also is it okay to take while nursing? My children have been suffering with colds for quite a while now and I really need to knock it out. How much would you give?? Thanks for all the help.

Offline Joy2BMommy

• Adept
Re: oil of oregano, safe for children??
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006, 01:51:20 PM »
North American Herb and Spice's website for oregano oil (and the one recommended by Cass Ingram, author of "The Cure Is In The Cupboard") says it is safe for children.  Here's my notes that I made inside the cover of my book after reviewing their website:

Age 6mo. to 2yr: 1 drop in juice or milk 1x daily.  Use for 10 days only. Consider rubbing 2-3 drops on each foot before bedtime and covering with a sock for cold, fever, or congestion.

Age 2-5 yrs: 1 drop in juice or milk 1x daily.  No limit on days of use.  Same foot suggestion as above, can use on chest as well for congestion 3 drops at bedtime.

Age 6-10 yrs: 1-3 drops in juice or milk 1x daily.  Same foot and chest suggestions as above, but with 1-2 more drops.

Age 10+: 3 drops in juice or under tongue up to 3x daily.  Same foot and chest suggestion as above.

Nursing Moms: 5-10 drops per day.  Most ailments listed in the book call for 1-2 drops under the tongue 3x daily.

Pregnant Moms: 1-2 drops daily. 

Blessings,
Debbi
Blessed mama of six kiddos with #7 on the way!

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 10:39:57 PM »
I would stick with Oreganol from North American Herb & Spice as mentioned above. There are other brands of oregano that are cheaper but oregano is frequently miss identified &/or sub. w/cheaper oils that can be toxic. NAH&S oregano isn't toxic & has the medical research to back it up. The web site is: www.p-73.com. Check out books by Dr. Cass Ingram to find out more ways to use oreganol. I can vouch that it is great for colds. See my post under men's health, bronchitis for info. HTH~herbalmom

Offline jammy

• Adept
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 03:54:30 AM »
Herbalmom, thanks for sharing your info on this!  I had bronchitis last year, and have to wonder if it's one of those things that once you have it, you are prone to it thereafter.  I had it for two months before going to a dr. for antibiotics...I had been sleeping on my recliner in the living room for a long long time, could barely do anything.....had to wear a pad constantly due to horrifying coughing and incontinence due to it.....pretty bad for a barely 30 year old!  Finally I went in for meds and it did help quickly but it still took a couple mos. to recover fully.

Now this year I felt it coming on again...I had even slept in the recliner two nights....then I read your post...in addition to the supertonic & echinacea I had already started, along with the garlic oil on my feet with socks before bed,  I then began Oregnol (thank goodness my mom could run to the store for me!)  I started 10 drops under my tongue like a bazillion times a day....already now it is much much better only a few days later!  I can hardly believe it.....much better than last year.  And no antibiotics....now I just have to keep on with it and make up some more supertonic since I took the WHOLE batch already.  I am soooo thankful how it is going this year, and wanted to put my experience, albeit very recent, with oregnol.  It is horribly expensive, but I have 6 kids to take care of, and had to make the sacrifice no matter what. 

Jenn
Jenn :D

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 04:57:23 AM »
Herbalmom, thanks for sharing your info on this! I had bronchitis last year, and have to wonder if it's one of those things that once you have it, you are prone to it thereafter. I had it for two months before going to a Dr. for antibiotics...I had been sleeping on my recliner in the living room for a long long time, could barely do anything.....had to wear a pad constantly due to horrifying coughing and incontinence due to it.....pretty bad for a barely 30 year old! Finally I went in for meds and it did help quickly but it still took a couple mos. to recover fully.

Now this year I felt it coming on again...I had even slept in the recliner two nights....then I read your post...in addition to the supertonic & echinacea I had already started, along with the garlic oil on my feet with socks before bed, I then began Oregnol (thank goodness my mom could run to the store for me!) I started 10 drops under my tongue like a bazillion times a day....already now it is much much better only a few days later! I can hardly believe it.....much better than last year. And no antibiotics....now I just have to keep on with it and make up some more supertonic since I took the WHOLE batch already. I am soooo thankful how it is going this year, and wanted to put my experience, albeit very recent, with oregnol. It is horribly expensive, but I have 6 kids to take care of, and had to make the sacrifice no matter what.

Jenn

Glad to help. I'm glad to hear that it worked as well for you as it did for my DH. Yes, once you get bronchitis you are more prone to get it again. It can also go into walking pneumonia which is where your lungs fill up w/fluid. Read my post on bronchitis in mens health if you haven't already for more info. Keep in mind that sinus & lung infections can be fungal, bacterial and/or viral & oreganol is effective for all of them. Be sure to use the extra strength-it is three x's stronger so it is more cost effective. I agree it's expensive but it's still cheaper than a Dr. visit. With 6 kids, I would keep it around all the time. It works for infections, flu, bird flu, yeast/fungal infections, ect. I don't use it for everthing but it is what I want available for serious illness. Check out Dr. Cass Ingram's books (I got them from the library) for more info about oreganal & very good info about nat. medicine & restoring health. ~herbalmom

Offline jammy

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 06:28:41 AM »

<<Read my post on bronchitis in mens health if you haven't already for more info.>>

Yep, I did, thanks!  That's what I read when I called my mom and begged her to go get me some  ;D

Jenn
Jenn :D

Offline Whiterock

• Jesus Knows Me, This I Love
  • Guru
  • Eph 6:16
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2006, 06:39:20 PM »
Can you take oil of oregano if you're about to have surgery? I'm worried about whether or not it will thin the blood or prevent clotting.
WR
Who Needs God?

My Blog - Yarb d'Farb Knarb Check out the Wellness Wednesday tag for your health-related blog posts!

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2006, 06:51:53 PM »
Can you take oil of oregano if you're about to have surgery? I'm worried about whether or not it will thin the blood or prevent clotting.
WR

Don't know, but I would think North American Herb & Spice could tell you. If not, Dr. Cass Ingram's books, I got them from the library. HTH~herbalmom

Offline MQM

• Adept
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2007, 06:29:54 PM »
After I ran out of Ultra Immune, I've been using oil of oregano drops when we "feel" a cold coming on along with other herbs.  I, too, wasn't sure what was safe for children.

Found some interesting info about this from <a href=http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:E64QLK9ErUkJ:curingherbs.com/using_wild_oregano_oil.htm+oil+of+oregano+phenols+liver&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=7&gl=us&lr=lang_en&client=safari >CuringHerbs.com[/url]

Is Oil of Oregano safe for children?
For infants and children up to the age of seven, only external use is recommended. Dilute one drop in a teaspoon or less of vegetable oil and massage into the soles of the feet. The oil may also be inhaled straight from the bottle or by placing a drop on a tissue or cloth. For older children the oil may be taken internally. It is advised to use only one drop and dilute it with olive oil, juice or a teaspoon of honey to reduce the heat sensation which may be too strong for a child. Preventative measures against disease are very effective in keeping your children healthy. Germs spread from the hands to the mouth are notorious for causing infections. Dirty fingernails harbor all kinds of nasty pathogens. Keep your child's fingernails short and frequently wash their hands and nails with a drop or two of Oil of Oregano and soap. Liquid soap mixes easily with the Oregano oil.

Can I take too much Oil of Oregano?
Yes! Essential oils are composed of highly concentrated naturally occurring chemicals. Even herbs and natural forms of many plants are only beneficial in small quantities. This is true of Oil of Oregano. Please do not exceed recommended dosages except in cases of life threatening infection. The adage "less is more" is at work here. The liver must process Oregano oil and will become overloaded if too much is taken. People using excessive amounts of alcohol regularly or taking 3 or more prescription drugs should avoid using Oil of Oregano.

Normal dosage:
2-3 drops, two or three times a day, under the tongue (mix well with saliva before swallowing), in juice, water or tsp. of honey.

Then I found this from <a href=http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:YDYDCixyUHwJ:www.herbalremediesinfo.com/oregano-oil.html+oil+of+oregano+colds+children&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us&lr=lang_en&client=safari >a different site...[/url]

My husband & I put 5-6 drops in water and gargle it before swallowing. I have stopped a sore throat FAST this way.

Unfortunately, the strong taste is too overpowering for children no matter how much I dilute it or try to disguise it in juice or tea. For the kids I put 4-5 drops in an empty gel cap and they swallow it that way.This has really worked for us during the flu season season.

I wonder how old her children are?  CuringHerbs.com seems to contradict what others recommend--only external use for children under seven.  Hmmm...?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 09:24:45 AM by healthybratt »

Offline twitterpated4hubby

• Adept
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2007, 05:18:58 PM »
They have this oil at GNC. My cousin bought some and has been taking it. She says it has kicked out the cold she couldn't seem to shake. Are you guys saying its still not the good stuff? I think the price was under 20 dollars. How much is the other stuff?
http://keepyourcloveson.blogspot.com/2008_10_01_archive.html

"...I found the one my heart loves. I held him and would not let him go..." -Song of Songs 3:4

Offline lotsaboys

• Master
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2007, 05:36:47 PM »
After I ran out of Ultra Immune, I've been using oil of oregano drops when we "feel" a cold coming on along with other herbs.  I, too, wasn't sure what was safe for children.

Found some interesting info about this from <a href=http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:E64QLK9ErUkJ:curingherbs.com/using_wild_oregano_oil.htm+oil+of+oregano+phenols+liver&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=7&gl=us&lr=lang_en&client=safari >CuringHerbs.com[/url]

Is Oil of Oregano safe for children?
For infants and children up to the age of seven, only external use is recommended. Dilute one drop in a teaspoon or less of vegetable oil and massage into the soles of the feet. The oil may also be inhaled straight from the bottle or by placing a drop on a tissue or cloth. For older children the oil may be taken internally. It is advised to use only one drop and dilute it with olive oil, juice or a teaspoon of honey to reduce the heat sensation which may be too strong for a child. Preventative measures against disease are very effective in keeping your children healthy. Germs spread from the hands to the mouth are notorious for causing infections. Dirty fingernails harbor all kinds of nasty pathogens. Keep your child's fingernails short and frequently wash their hands and nails with a drop or two of Oil of Oregano and soap. Liquid soap mixes easily with the Oregano oil.

Can I take too much Oil of Oregano?
Yes! Essential oils are composed of highly concentrated naturally occurring chemicals. Even herbs and natural forms of many plants are only beneficial in small quantities. This is true of Oil of Oregano. Please do not exceed recommended dosages except in cases of life threatening infection. The adage "less is more" is at work here. The liver must process Oregano oil and will become overloaded if too much is taken. People using excessive amounts of alcohol regularly or taking 3 or more prescription drugs should avoid using Oil of Oregano.

Normal dosage:
2-3 drops, two or three times a day, under the tongue (mix well with saliva before swallowing), in juice, water or tsp. of honey.

Then I found this from <a href=http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:YDYDCixyUHwJ:www.herbalremediesinfo.com/oregano-oil.html+oil+of+oregano+colds+children&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us&lr=lang_en&client=safari >a different site...[/url]

My husband & I put 5-6 drops in water and gargle it before swallowing. I have stopped a sore throat FAST this way.

Unfortunately, the strong taste is too overpowering for children no matter how much I dilute it or try to disguise it in juice or tea. For the kids I put 4-5 drops in an empty gel cap and they swallow it that way.This has really worked for us during the flu season season.

I wonder how old her children are?  CuringHerbs.com seems to contradict what others recommend--only external use for children under seven.  Hmmm...?

So, does anyone know if Ultra 3 Immune is OK for kids? Like say, 6-12?

Offline MQM

• Adept
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2007, 03:55:00 AM »
So, does anyone know if Ultra 3 Immune is OK for kids? Like say, 6-12?

In my non-expert opinion, it is fine, as long as use is not excessive, which I'm assuming it wouldn't be. ;) 

Ultra 3 contains slightly less oil of oregano per capsule than a serving of the oil alone--two drops/50 mg.  At least, that is true of the one that I have, and I'm assuming most others, unless one has a stronger concentration. 

According to the info I presented, it seems as though some think only ONE DROP is safe and others think 4-5 drops is OK.

I have used it for my children, and I'm pretty certain Forever Girl said she used it for her family.  My son (5) can swallow one, but for my daughter (almost 4) I have snipped the end off with scissors--easier than slicing with a knife, IMHO--and squeezed out the liquid onto a layer of yogurt or applesauce and cover with another layer.  (That is how we take fresh, minced garlic too and my children tell me they can't taste the garlic. ;) )

HTH!

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2007, 04:27:40 AM »
My son took oil of oregano internally when he was less than two years of age.  It was recommended by an alternative doctor.  He didn't take it for long, for the strength of it was unbearable, but he ingested it nonetheless.

Offline momto4girls

• Adept
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2007, 02:33:31 PM »
I have been doing some research as to how I can treat my daughters chalazion.  A chalazion is a plugged oil duct on the upper eye lid.  I found that the oil of oregano could be a good thing to try.  I bought the OREGANO ORGANIC 5% IN OLIVE OIL.  I was wondering if it's ok for me to massage it into her chalazion?

I thought it would be best to go straight to the chalazion.  Rather then give it to her internally and wait for it to go all through her system and then get to the chalazion.  I also don't think the oil I bought is strong enough to do that.  So I just want to massage it in externally.  My concern is that I will be massaging it very close to her eye and it's a very hight possibility that the oil will be in contact with the actual eye. 

Does anyone have any opinions on that?  Any info would be greatly appreciated.  I'm trying to avoid having her go through the surgery.  Especially since it doesn't interfer with her eye at all.  It's mainly a cosmetic thing.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2007, 01:18:01 PM »
I have been doing some research as to how I can treat my daughters chalazion.  A chalazion is a plugged oil duct on the upper eye lid.  I found that the oil of oregano could be a good thing to try.  I bought the OREGANO ORGANIC 5% IN OLIVE OIL.  I was wondering if it's ok for me to massage it into her chalazion?

I thought it would be best to go straight to the chalazion.  Rather then give it to her internally and wait for it to go all through her system and then get to the chalazion.  I also don't think the oil I bought is strong enough to do that.  So I just want to massage it in externally.  My concern is that I will be massaging it very close to her eye and it's a very hight possibility that the oil will be in contact with the actual eye. 

Does anyone have any opinions on that?  Any info would be greatly appreciated.  I'm trying to avoid having her go through the surgery.  Especially since it doesn't interfer with her eye at all.  It's mainly a cosmetic thing.
I think it would burn if it came in direct contact with her eye.   :o  I've never taken it, but I've heard stories and I hear it really burns the mouth and throat.  I can only imagine what it might do to the eye.  Proceed with caution.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline hodgy

• Adept
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2007, 01:28:49 PM »
I would think this to be a little close for comfort.   My husband took some oil of oregano and mixed it with lotion to apply to his facial sinus area and the poor guy about lost it. :o  He carried on about two days with how much it burned.  Your solution does seem to be quite dilute though.  How about rubbing some on your eye area and see what it feels like first?  I almost always subject myself to everything first before I try it on the kids.  Also,  I thought I read somewhere on here about castor oil working good on skin tags, moles and things like that.  I know this stuff probably wouldn't do harm.  HTH  :)

Offline 1ofeach

• Adept
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2007, 02:55:23 AM »
bump bump bump  :-\

I just found this, which answers a dosage for children as young as 6 months and says "KEEP OIL AWAY FROM EYES." Linked:

Oreganol - 60 GC

Here's the chart from that link, but PLEASE research more for yourself!

9. How much oregano may my children take? How much oregano may I take if I am pregnant? May I take oregano if I am breastfeeding?

North American Herb & Spice has developed the following guidelines for use in children, pregnancy and women who are lactating:

CHILDREN

Age 6 Months 2 years

Oil of Oregano

- 1 drop in milk or juice, once a day.

- Can use for 1-10 days, do not exceed 10 days of use

- Suggest rubbing Oil of Oregano on bottom of feet also

(cover feet with socks) for child with congestion, cold or fever. Use 2-3 drops per foot. Use in evening before bedtime.

- KEEP OIL AWAY FROM EYES

Age 2 5 Years

Oil of Oregano

- 1 drop in milk or juice, once per day.

Suggest taking with food in stomach.

- No restrictions on days of usage, can use for more than 10 days

- Suggest rubbing Oil of Oregano on bottom of feet also at bedtime for child with congestion, cold or fever. Use 2-4 drops per foot. Use at bedtime, do not use socks to cover feet.

- If child has chest congestion, parent can also take 3 drops of Oil of Oregano and rub on chest at bedtime.

- KEEP OILS AWAY FROM EYES

Age 6- 10 Years

Oil of Oregano

- 1-3 drops in juice, once per day. No restrictions on number of days of use.

- If child has chest congestion, cold or fever, suggest rubbing Oil of Oregano on bottom of feet at bedtime. Use 3 drops of each per foot.

- For child with chest congestion or cold, parent can rub 3-5 drops of Oil of Oregano onto chest and throat area.

Age 10 Years and Older

Oil of Oregano

- Dosage of 3 drops in juice or under tongue, three times per day can be used.

- For child with chest congestion or cold, parent can rub 5 drops of Oil of Oregano onto chest and throat area.

LACTATING MOTHERS (MOTHERS WHO ARE BREASTFEEDING) Oregamax

- Can take 2 capsules, 3 times per day.

- Oregamax will help with bone development in child and help prevent bone loss on mother due to calcium content of the Oregamax.

Oil of Oregano (Regular Strength)

- Can use 5-10 drops per day

Oregacyn

DO NOT USE DURING LACTATION

PREGNANT WOMEN

Oregacyn

- DO NOT USE DURING PREGNANCY

Oil of Oregano

- 1-2 drops per day, ONLY AFTER FIRST TRIMESTER OF PREGNANCY

- DO NOT USE IN FIRST TRIMESTER OF PREGANCY

Oregamax

- Can use throughout entire pregnancy.

- Can use a maximum of 12 capsules per day

HTH.

Offline CrimsonRose

• {Christy}
  • Adept
  • Big sister to Wind_Dancer
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2007, 03:46:31 AM »
I would think this to be a little close for comfort.   My husband took some oil of oregano and mixed it with lotion to apply to his facial sinus area and the poor guy about lost it. :o  He carried on about two days with how much it burned.  Your solution does seem to be quite dilute though.  How about rubbing some on your eye area and see what it feels like first?

Slightly off topic here...if the oil gets onto a sensitive area of the skin and burns instead of the normal tingle, dab some vegetable oil on it immediately and it should stop burning in a few seconds.

I've had to do this before when I was putting Oreganol on a pimple near my lip and I smeared some right onto my lip.  :o Not fun. But a bit of olive oil stopped it from burning very quickly.

Sign the petition and say no to abortion!

Offline Lovin'myHoneyinVT

• Adept
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2008, 05:45:33 PM »
Had the flu run through our town this past month.  My son had it for a week and had bad cough/congestion.  We got the oreganol and took two drops in the am and two in the pm under tongue.  The other three in our family never got the congestion and coughing that my first son had.  I did find that I got indigestion when I took it after dinner.  My other family members didn't have this problem. 

I love Oregano Oil. ;D

Offline wlwest

• Adept
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2008, 02:58:57 PM »
Well, I just posted under the bronchitis section, which is where I heard of this!  if you read that, you'll understand I'm a little leary of taking it again!  :D  Can I just rub some of it on my chest, without diluting it?  I got the good stuff that was recommended.  I really want to get rid of this cough, but can't take under the tongue again. 

wendy

Offline goatgirl

• Adept
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2008, 06:12:16 PM »
would oregano in capsule form work just the same? (now brand 450mg)

Offline MQM

• Adept
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2008, 06:56:58 PM »
My kids will take it under their tongue with water/juice, but if I have capsules on hand, sometimes I will spare them the agony  :P and just put several drops in capsules to be swallowed.  I assumed it works the same, but I really don't know for sure.  We usually just do it under the tongue.

I only learned of Oil of Oregano when Beeyoutiful came out with Ultra 3 Immune (the name might be different now), which IS in capsule form.

I haven't read this thread in a long time, so I don't remember if it's mentioned here or elsewhere, but I think P73 is supposed to be the best kind--whether that pertains to potency and/or quality, I don't know-- and I'm not sure if that comes in capsule form.  I'm sure a quick internet search would tell you.  HTH.

Offline goatgirl

• Adept
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2008, 09:13:32 AM »
Thank you :)

Offline its_me518

• Adept
  • Check out GenuineAid.com for Natural Health info.
    • Natural Health Blog
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2008, 08:46:00 AM »
Ok, so this actually DOES work for the stomach flu?? Which is more effective, the soft gels or the liquid?? If this is our FIRST time ever taking it, should we start out slow, or right away go with the 3 drops 3x a day (for my husband & I)? We REALLY need to get rid of this stomach flu, and this was the number one thing recommended!! What do you think??  Oh, I was also told that you HAVE to take probiotics with this as it will kill the good bugs as well... ??
http://www.GenuineAid.com is the Natural Health Blog for Nutrients and Benefits of Fruits, Vegetables, Berries, Nuts, Meats, Dairy, Herbs, and other Foods.

Offline MQM

• Adept
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2008, 09:05:44 AM »
Ok, so this actually DOES work for the stomach flu?? Which is more effective, the soft gels or the liquid?? If this is our FIRST time ever taking it, should we start out slow, or right away go with the 3 drops 3x a day (for my husband & I)? We REALLY need to get rid of this stomach flu, and this was the number one thing recommended!! What do you think??  Oh, I was also told that you HAVE to take probiotics with this as it will kill the good bugs as well... ??

I hadn't heard of taking this for stomach flu. That's interesting.  We've only used probiotics in large quantities and that seems to work.  However, the last bug dc and dh got started out with cold symptoms--achy and feverish--so I did use Oil of Oregano, as well. 

Anyway, when we use it for colds, I give my children, who are 4-1/2 and 6yo, 2-4 drops several times a day, and I usually do 2-5 drops for me, depending on whether I am preventing or if we are actually sick, and the severity of the sickness. I don't see a need to start out slow, but I have no expertise with it. I can only say we've never had any problems with it. We don't use it on a daily basis either.  Only when germs are swarming or if I think we're coming down with something.

I'm also not sure that it kills the good bugs.  I thought I had read that it didn't.  Anyone else know? No time to search right now.  Sorry.

Hope you get rid of it quick.  It's no fun, for sure.  I'll pray for your family.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 09:08:47 AM by MQM »

Offline its_me518

• Adept
    • Natural Health Blog
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2008, 09:08:21 AM »
Thank you!! What about when we're JUST starting it for the FIRST time, should we do it slow, or the regular amounts?
http://www.GenuineAid.com is the Natural Health Blog for Nutrients and Benefits of Fruits, Vegetables, Berries, Nuts, Meats, Dairy, Herbs, and other Foods.

Offline MQM

• Adept
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2008, 09:09:51 AM »
Thank you!! What about when we're JUST starting it for the FIRST time, should we do it slow, or the regular amounts?

Sorry, I forgot to answer that and I was modifying my post when you posted this.  I don't see a need to start slow.  That's just my opinion.

Offline MQM

• Adept
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2008, 09:20:27 AM »
its_me518,

Are you sure it's stomach flu? I just noticed where you were asking for prayer that you said it has lasted 2 weeks.  Is that because everyone is taking their turn with it or does each person actually have virus symptoms that long?

We've never had it for more than 24 - 48 hours, tops.  Of course, as others have experienced, probiotics will sometimes treat the symptoms temporarily, but the virus won't give up and the symptoms seem to start up again when we lay off the probiotics.

Just a thought.

Offline its_me518

• Adept
    • Natural Health Blog
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2008, 01:21:26 PM »
its_me518,

Are you sure it's stomach flu? I just noticed where you were asking for prayer that you said it has lasted 2 weeks.  Is that because everyone is taking their turn with it or does each person actually have virus symptoms that long?

We've never had it for more than 24 - 48 hours, tops.  Of course, as others have experienced, probiotics will sometimes treat the symptoms temporarily, but the virus won't give up and the symptoms seem to start up again when we lay off the probiotics.

Just a thought.

Hi. No, the actually symptoms/illness has lasted around 4 days each... it started off w/my youngest. I thought he was teething. But then, as soon as he was done, the next youngest got it. Right after that the oldest. And now me. So just over all it has been around 2 weeks. Oh, if it was 2 weeks each, I seriously would probably go crazy!! 4 days was way too long as it is!!

Offline its_me518

• Adept
    • Natural Health Blog
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2008, 01:24:50 PM »
North American Herb and Spice's website for oregano oil (and the one recommended by Cass Ingram, author of "The Cure Is In The Cupboard") says it is safe for children.  Here's my notes that I made inside the cover of my book after reviewing their website:

Age 10+: 3 drops in juice or under tongue up to 3x daily.  Same foot and chest suggestion as above.

Blessings,
Debbi

Ok, so here is my question again. I'm sorry to be annoying, but I don't wanna overdose!!

Should we start doing the 3x3 today or should we maybe start w/ 1 drop 3 times a day.... also, someone said to only do it 3 drops 1 time a day... which is going to get us cured the fastest and prevent my husband from getting it???

Thanks for all the help!!