Author Topic: Healing Damaged Lungs  (Read 11362 times)

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Healing Damaged Lungs
« on: December 14, 2006, 04:52:18 AM »
Any way to help HEAL lungs?  My lungs are damaged, I'm sure, from years of asthma & from years of using inhalers & such....which I think is the reason my lungs get crud in them easily when I catch colds....phlegm, mucus, bronchitis maybe....anything I can do to heal the lungs...and make less suseptible to the colds?
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Re: Healing Damaged Lungs
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 04:54:51 AM »
I would read the thread on homogenized milk and the thread on building the immune system.

Homogenized Milk/Dairy Products
Boosting Your Immune System:  Avoiding Illness
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 05:00:21 AM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline joyofthelord

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 05:36:59 AM »
I had pneumonia a couple years ago, and ever since then about this time of year with the cool air in the evenings, it really makes my lungs feel like they are not working as well as they should.  I'm not sure if this would fall under "damaged lungs" or just lungs that are weak.  I looked up Boosting your Immune System, but I'm not sure if that's what I need either.  Does anyone have any ideas on how to just "strengthen" the lungs?  It was mentioned about propolic and vit c.  would that be my avenue? 

Does anyone else have this problem after having pneumonia in the past.  I am only 39, never smoked, and feel healthy.
Thank You for any advice.

Offline Pastorswife2B

• Adept
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 06:59:49 AM »
I had pneumonia a couple years ago, and ever since then about this time of year with the cool air in the evenings, it really makes my lungs feel like they are not working as well as they should.  I'm not sure if this would fall under "damaged lungs" or just lungs that are weak.  I looked up Boosting your Immune System, but I'm not sure if that's what I need either.  Does anyone have any ideas on how to just "strengthen" the lungs?  It was mentioned about propolic and vit c.  would that be my avenue? 

Does anyone else have this problem after having pneumonia in the past.  I am only 39, never smoked, and feel healthy.
Thank You for any advice.

I am with you on the lung pain!  I had pneumonia twice as a child (once at 5 and once at 11) and I remember that especially for a few years after each incident if I ran hard or had to breath especially deeply it was painful.  Into adolescence when I exercised (biking and cross country skiing) I would have coughing fits that ended in some pain and lots of coughed up gunk.  The docs told me I could probably live with it indefinatly. 

-at this point the extent of mom's healthy living stuff was diet and food based, she didn't get into the remedies and herbs as much so we weren't treating it in any specific way.

It has gotten better over the years (I am now 26) ; however until recently I was still guaranteed a good coughing fit if I did anything athletic when I wasn't consistently exercising, or when I started exercising after a break.  Recently though I have been drinking a tea with Mullien and Alfalfa for spring allergies and during that time I have started exercising after a month sabatical with no coughing at all and done some other labor that would have had be coughing pretty well normally. 

Mullien is known for being a great lung herb so I'm crediting it mainly.  I just fell into this so I don't know if maybe it's something else I've been doing or enough time has just passed, but if you have access to it I would say try some Mullien tea, it actually tastes pretty decent with a little mint mixed in.

-Heather

Offline joyofthelord

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 08:21:52 AM »
Heather - thanks for the info.  My dh has started the mullein for pleurosy - thanks for advice on this website.  I just didn't know if that was more for getting rid of something or strengthening.  I will try it.  Does the tea come already packaged as tea, or do you make it?

Offline Pastorswife2B

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2007, 09:04:28 AM »
Heather - thanks for the info.  My dh has started the mullein for pleurosy - thanks for advice on this website.  I just didn't know if that was more for getting rid of something or strengthening.  I will try it.  Does the tea come already packaged as tea, or do you make it?

I just have some loose Mullein so the tea I was drinking sort of went like, hmm I have this jar to mix in and this looks like a good amount of Mullein and about the same of alfalfa and I'll just sprinkle mint of the top for some flavor..  hehe soo no I don't know where to buy it prepackaged or anything I got mine in bulk for the bulk herb store, but I'm hoping to start growing some of my Mullein since it looks to be a staple in our house.

-Heather

Offline ladyhen

• Master
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2007, 11:00:08 AM »
My dh's asthma was healed from using an herb blend tea that was recommended to us by an herbalist 20 years ago.  He and many others we know have had great results with it.   It consists of 4 parts each of mullien and marshmallow root, 1 part comfrey, and 1/2 part lobelia. 
I have since heard that comfrey is not recommended (by some) for internal use, so use your own judgement on that. 
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;    Titus 2:13