Author Topic: Treating Parasites While Pregnant or Nursing  (Read 30376 times)

Offline born-an-okie

• Adept
Treating Parasites While Pregnant or Nursing
« on: June 12, 2006, 04:08:08 AM »
We seem to have a case of pinworms in the familiy (4 kids + myself, husband is deployed).  I am not having much luck finding information about how to treat this during pregnancy, I'm 6+ months pregnant.  Any ideas will be appreciated! 

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
Re: Treating Parasites While Pregnant or Nursing
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 04:33:57 AM »
I don't know if this will help much, but do you have a local asian market near by?  There is an asian vegetable called Bitter melon.  I guess it is most similar to our cucumber.  If you eat 2-3 of these a day for a couple days, then it will kill them.  I know that they have bitter melon capsules at our local health food store and you could try that if you can't find the fresh veggies.  It is a vegetable and not an herb, so I don't see any harm in this way.  Good luck.  Pinworms are a bummer! :)

Offline StephTallent

• Adept
    • Beeyoutiful
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 09:53:57 AM »
I know one family that treats pinworms by eating nothing but pineapple for 24 hours.  It has worked really well for them.  I have no idea WHY it works...  ??? Or any idea if this would be Ok to try during pregnancy or not. 

<edit> Ok. I had to google this to see if I could find ANYTHING out there that backs up what this family does.  The only link I was able to find is one for treating pinworms in rabbits naturally by giving them fresh pinapple juice.   ::)

« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 10:08:29 AM by StephTallent »
Do not become so focused on where you are, and the destination you forget from whence you came. Concentrate not on what is to be attained so that you forget to extend encouragement, love and help to those behind.

Offline Pennie

• Master
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 09:58:14 AM »
I know one family that treats pinworms by eating nothing but pineapple for 24 hours.  It has worked really well for them.  I have no idea WHY it works...  ??? Or any idea if this would be Ok to try during pregnancy or not. 

I could do that treatment :) Uh, how does one go about finding out if they have them? 

Offline born-an-okie

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 10:11:58 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions.  I did look up bitter melon and at least one site listed it as contraindicated for pregnancy because it is an abortive.  Too bad.  Pineapple doesn't sound bad.  Would it be safe to do an enema during pregnancy with garlic?  I've never done one before, but I've thought that might be effective.

The most common symptom of pinworms is an itchy backside.  It also often causes restless sleep and/or feeling like you have to go to the bathroom often.  Lots of people have no symptoms at all.  I have been able to see the worms by checking the child's backside when they wake up at night.  They come out at night to lay eggs and that's what causes the itchy/wiggly feeling.  :P  Apparently they are highly contagious, so who knows where they came from.  ???

Offline Pennie

• Master
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 10:18:49 AM »
YIKES!

Offline StephTallent

• Adept
    • Beeyoutiful
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006, 10:43:01 AM »
Pinworms have got to be one of the most disgusting and hard to get rid of things that seem to pop up commonly among children.  They are second only to head lice.   :-\

The problem with pin worms is that the eggs are invisible to the naked eye.  They can become airborn and be inhaled.  The reason they are so contagious is because all it takes is one kid scratching his rear end then putting his hand on the rail of church that you touch before giving your kid a bite of cracker.  :-X  It is soooo important to treat the whole family and aggressively wash all bedding while this is going on.  Little ones often reinfest themselves because they put their fingers in their mouths so much. 

If someone has a high enough powered microscope you can find out if your or your child has pinworms by pressing a piece of tape and then pulling it away near the rectum at night.  The eggs will stick to the tape and can be seen by a microscope.

Do not become so focused on where you are, and the destination you forget from whence you came. Concentrate not on what is to be attained so that you forget to extend encouragement, love and help to those behind.

Offline running free

• Learning
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2006, 11:30:13 AM »
I don't have any experience with worms, but maybe someone can say if any of these work:

Acidophilus - restores normal intestinal flora (yogourt?  tummy tune-up?)

Fresh garlic - eaten and as a poultice

5 lemon pips, ground and mixed with honey, daily for 5 days

ginger tea

Senna and cayenne tea, taken with yogourt to avoid digestive irritation
Cayenne is said to stun the worms and senna is a laxative that will help expel them.
Some info on senna (I didn't know what it was... ::))

Cassia augustifolia - the leaves are a very powerful laxative, the pods are gentler
     Properties: bitter, pungent, cooling, and purging.  It is cathartic, antisptic, antispasmodic and cleansing.
     For children: steep 3-4 pods in 4-5 tablespoons of cold water.  Take 1 or 2 tbsp at a time. 6-12 pods of adults. OR
     Steep 3.5 oz leaves, 1/2 tsp coriander and 1/2 tsp ginger in 1 quart of hot water for 15 minutes.  Take 1-4 tbsp at a time.  Tastes better cold than hot.

Pumpkin seeds/pumpkin extract - contains zinc, which helps expel worms

Sesame seeds

Fennel sees, flaxseed, butternut bark - good for bowel and colon cleansing

Calendula ointment or witch hazel to relieve itching

Tumeric
- strengthens immune system

Grapefruit seed extract

Black walnut extract 3X/day - I don't know if it's ok during pregnancy

black pepper oil, diluted in grapeseed oil, rubbed into abdominal area

Other herbs: Cascara sagrada, ficus, rhubarb root, slippery elm, thyme

Figs, pineapple, pomegranate, and papaya contain proteolytic enzymes (can digest animal proteins) that are good for treating parasites. You could try making a smoothie with yogourt and some herbs.

Info from: The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Healing Remedies, C. Normal Shealy
Prescription for Nutritional healing, James F. Balch
http://www.mothernature.com/Library/Bookshelf/Books/41/122.cfm
Google "Midwifery today, pinworms" there are a few discussions of their forums

Hope you'll all be well soon!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 02:44:37 PM by healthybratt »
But the beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair - Relient K

Offline running free

• Learning
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006, 11:54:48 AM »
Since the pinworm life cycle is around 14 days, it'd probably be a good idea to do a second treatment 2 weeks after the first (to kill off any eggs/larvae from the first treatment survived).

http://ryoko.biosci.ohio-state.edu/~parasite/enterobius.html <- last paragraph has some info on detecting them (don't worry, the pictures aren't that gross - just a warning, though :P)

But the beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair - Relient K

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2006, 12:15:37 PM »
I am so sorry about the bitter melon being an abortifacient!!  Who would have known a vegetable would do such a thing.  About the pineapple, my Prescription for Nutritional Healing Manual says that eating fresh raw pineapple for THREE days is good for ridding the body for tapeworms.  I don't know if this would apply for pinworms, too.  I doubt it, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt.  It's the bromelain in the pineapple that kills the tapeworms.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2006, 12:48:11 PM »
The Green Pharmacy says...

Ginger is helpful against anisakis worm (a Japanese worm found in sushi).  Ginger however is only safe for pregnant women in small doses.

Quote from: theProver.com
Clinical findings on Ginger reveal that it possesses a broad range of antihelmintic effects including activity against some of the world's most widespread and dangerous parasites. This strong activity has been demonstrated with nematodes or roundworms including Anisakis, Ascaris and Filaria and trematodes or flatworms in the Schistosoma genus. Although most of this is performed using in vitro tests, the results are promising and deserve further study...more

Quote from: James A. Duke, Ph.D author of The Green Pharmacy
A while back, one of my nieces telephoned to ask what I would recommend for morning sickness. She was pregnant and having trouble keeping anything down. I was faced with my usual problem: I'm a botanist, not a clinician. Suppose I'm wrong? I would never want to suggest to my niece that she try anything that might be dangerous to her or her baby.

I'd once told my daughter to try ginger for morning sickness, and now I was prepared to recommend the same for my niece. My only hesitation was the counsel of one pharmacologist, who said thatginger might stimulate miscarriage. But I couldn't imagine a cup or two of ginger tea doing this, so with the one caution I had also given my daughter--to go slowly--I suggested the herb to my niece. She phoned back to say that theginger helped, with no noticeable side effects.

I'll still counsel ginger until I get more evidence that the pharmacologist's warning has merit. Meanwhile, I've never seen anything safer or better for morning sickness.

Shortly after I talked with my niece, I learned of a study that probably explains the pharmacologist's concern about miscarriage. It turns out that it takes less than 1 gram of ginger to control the nausea of morning sickness, while the Chinese, who use the herb to bring on menstruation (and possibly abortion) use 20 to 28 grams for this purpose.

Very roughly, a strong cup of ginger tea might contain about 250 milligrams of the herb, which is about 1ˇ80 of the amount necessary to trigger miscarriage. A heavily spiced Chinese dish might contain 500 milligrams--1ˇ40 of the miscarriage dose--and an eight-ounce glass of ginger ale could contain 1,000 milligrams--1ˇ20 of the menstruation-triggering dose. You'd have to gag down a heck of a lot of ginger before you'd have to be concerned about any kind of problems.

Pumpkin seeds and extracts.  Recommended dosage is 1 ounce of pumpkin seeds a day while problems persist.

Garlic.  Used to treat pinworms, roundworms, giardia (an amoeba) and others.  Recommended dosage:  juice 3 cloves with four to six ouncces of carrot juice and taking it every two hours.

Pinapple.  Effective against pinworms if eaten for 3 days.

Tumeric .  Good for worms (particularly nematodes). 
Turmeric contains four compounds with antiparasitic action.  Individually, each of these compounds is ineffective, but when they're mixed together, they have strong wrom-killing properties.
Enjoy in curry dishes (key ingredient in curry).

Cloves.  Active against several parasites including intestinal worms.  Take a strong clove tea or add powdered cloves to pinapple or papaya juice.

Wormseed and Papaya seeds are recommended for worms but not for pregnant women.

Quote from: James A. Duke, Ph.D author of The Green Pharmacy
Finally, because proteolytic enzymes play such a major role in worm treatments, I'd recommend my Protelade, a fruit smoothie made by blending the juice and pulp of fruits that are well-endowed with these enzymes.  These include breadfruit, figs, papaya and pineapple.  Spice the beverage to taste with cloves, ginger and turmeric.  (Unless you live in the tropics, you probably won't be able to get the breadfruit.  It's okay to leave it out.)  You might also add a little prune juice as a laxative to help expel dislodged worms.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 01:09:28 PM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline bloombunchmama

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2006, 04:27:53 PM »
I had this same problem during pregnancy.  My midwife recommended garlic.  As a suppository   :o  Each evening before bed I would coat a whole clove of garlic with olive oil and insert it.  The problem went away-wish I could remember how long it took-I don't think it was too long.  The rest of the family(7 children and hubby)-other than the 21 month old took the prescription stuff.  And we cleaned and cleaned-that was the worst part.

Offline homeschooltheheart

• Adept
    • The VBS Express
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2006, 04:57:08 PM »
This is gross, but you can check for pinworms by shining a flashlight on your littleones bottom (between the cheeks) at night.  You will actually see the white pinworms head towards the light.  I know this because I worked in a pediatricians office and tried it when I thought my daughter might have them.  Be prepared to gross out!

Offline Pennie

• Master
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2006, 05:13:23 PM »
I had this same problem during pregnancy.  My midwife recommended garlic.  As a suppository   :o  Each evening before bed I would coat a whole clove of garlic with olive oil and insert it.  The problem went away-wish I could remember how long it took-I don't think it was too long.  The rest of the family(7 children and hubby)-other than the 21 month old took the prescription stuff.  And we cleaned and cleaned-that was the worst part.
what exactly do mean we cleaned and cleaned? I know that's probly a dumb question but this whole parasite thing give me the willies.

Offline Pennie

• Master
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2006, 05:21:48 PM »
This is gross, but you can check for pinworms by shining a flashlight on your littleones bottom (between the cheeks) at night.  You will actually see the white pinworms head towards the light.  I know this because I worked in a pediatricians office and tried it when I thought my daughter might have them.  Be prepared to gross out!
what made you suspect your daughter might have them?

would garlic kill any parasite or just pinworms?
why would they only crawl out at night? how do they know it's night?  ??? Is it just b/c they get still? the kids I mean?  I dont' really think we have them but watching these parasite cleanse infomericals makes me think the whole world has them.  I couldn't look at the parasite pictures, I tried but I just couldn't do it.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2006, 05:27:42 PM »
what exactly do mean we cleaned and cleaned? I know that's probly a dumb question but this whole parasite thing give me the willies.

You're supposed to clean bedsheets, clothes and anything that might come into contact with bottoms or unwashed hands.  The worms lay their eggs on the outside of the body, so if somebody touches the bottom and they wind up in the mouth, reinfection or it gets passed around.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2006, 05:28:49 PM »
why would they only crawl out at night? how do they know it's night?  ??? Is it just b/c they get still? the kids I mean?

I don't believe they only crawl out at night.  A friend of mine discovered she had them while on the toilet because they were crawling around in her pubic hair. 

They can also show up in diapers and on toilet paper after bowel movements. 

watching these parasite cleanse infomericals makes me think the whole world has them
according to my doctor many, many people do and don't even know it.  They get passed around in restaraunts and the cafeteria line at school.  Places where people handle other peoples food or make lots of hand contact with others, like door handles, public toilets, etc.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 05:39:26 PM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline homeschooltheheart

• Adept
    • The VBS Express
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2006, 12:58:41 AM »
I suspected my daughter had them because she itched at night time.  It was to the point that she couldn't sleep.  I was working for a pediatrician at the time and he mentioned pinworms and told me to use the flashlight method to see if she had them.  I was astonished and completely grossed out!  The pinworms came crawling toward the light.  We didn't do any cleaning or anything afterwards though.  The doctor gave us one tablet for each family members.  It was the only time anyone in our family has had to deal with them.

Offline Pennie

• Master
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2006, 03:54:08 AM »
I thought this was so ironic.  I went to pick up some fish oil from my natropath and she put in a notice in my bag that she has dried calmyrna figs for sale.  It says "Figs contain enzymatic factors that are anti-parasitic, meaning they digest insect tissue w/o correspondingly affecting the human tissue.  Therefore, figs are considered a vermifuge, which digests parasites.  This accounts for the fact that a fig tree never has a worm in it." I thought this was interesting and might be of use to a pregnant lady  :)  hope it might be helpful to someone.

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2006, 04:31:31 AM »

watching these parasite cleanse infomericals makes me think the whole world has them
according to my doctor many, many people do and don't even know it.  They get passed around in restaraunts and the cafeteria line at school.  Places where people handle other peoples food or make lots of hand contact with others, like door handles, public toilets, etc.

yikes!!!  how could a person NOT know that they had them!!!  eeeewwwww!!!  :P
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline Pennie

• Master
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2006, 04:36:00 AM »
Very unsetttling to say the least!  :o

Offline CMS

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2006, 12:33:09 PM »
Hi, I am new to this list and not too sure about navigating on a board so hope to learn a lot. I am a mom of 7 soon to be 8 in May and a student midwife. I am seeking info on parasites for myself.

As a family we do revolutionary reenactments at which we camp and I have picked up giardias from a bad water source. After consulting with my midwife and researching I am definatley not comfortable taking allopathic medicine for this (which I almost never do anyway) and a lot of herbs are also out.

I am taking tons of garlic, going to look for some dried figs and pumkins seeds, just ordered the probiotic from beeyoutiful and am looking for any other suggestions or experiences. Mostly, do you think this will work?? I have been doing the garlic for 5 days and am still daily experiencing symtoms. I just don't have alot of experience with parasites but have certainly been learning.

This forum looks great and I am looking forward to reading all the great posts.
Thanks,
CMS

Offline born-an-okie

• Adept
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2006, 03:28:11 AM »
Your might find information on this in this thread http://welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,908.0.html
I never got back to write what I did, but it did seem to work.  I ate lots of fresh pineapple for about 3 days, I took garlic, and did a garlic enema.  Afterward I ate a lot of yogurt.  I debated about the enema.  I read a lot of conflicting information about the safety of it during pregnancy, but the risk seemed low since I have never ever had problems with early labor.  I also have a midwife book that actually recommends enemas during pregnancy for various problems.  I had never done an enema before this time.  Shonda Parker's book says elecampane is good for pinworms and giardia.  I didn't read this until later so I didn't try it.  She is very good about warning against herbs that shouldn't be used during pregnancy and there is no such warning about elecampane on the parasites info page.  I hope this helps.  I think what you've started will work.

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2006, 05:13:43 AM »
I would check into using Grapefruit Seed Extract. www.nutriteam.com/parasites.htm#FDA
I have never specifically searched whether GSE is safe during pregnancy, but I think it is... I used GSE very effectively against ameobic dysentery years ago. It was the only thing that worked.

BTW, beeyoutiful has this product under a slightly different name, Grapefruit Seed Crush. The  best deal I have found yet ;)
 Check out this thread.
welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,3212.0.html

Offline CMS

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2006, 11:53:24 AM »
Thanks for the info about the pineapple. Which Shonda Parker book did you see the recommendation for elecampane? My midwife didn't recommend it in pregnancy but she and I both have Shondas books, must have missed that somewhere.

Grapefruit seed extract is contraindicated in pregnancy, I can't exactly quote why right now but it has to do something with bleeding. There are so many things I would try if not pregnant, it puts a whole new spin on things. Thanks also for the link to the pinworm discussion, I had no idea that was why figs worked.

I am still taking my super moms, the garlic, and soon to get my probiotics and will add the pineapple and figs. Love both of those.

Thanks so much,
CMS

Offline gabi

• Adept
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2008, 04:20:32 AM »
HB--or other knowledgeable WTM-ers out there : What is your opinion of trying allopathic anti-parasitic treatments? (You know, the traditional doctor's meds)
I've done several herbal parasitic/colon cleanses with no visible results, then while  pregnant these past few months I had the "luxury" of pooing out a big fat (dead) roundworm 
Yup, horrified I went to the GI doc who recommended trtmt AFTER I give birth. I didn't want to pursue this unless I can be certain of its effectiveness. Do any of you ladies have any knowledge or experience with this horrifying (and embarrassing) situation and effectiveness of traditional medical treatment??

And forgive my ignorance: but if one is using garlic as an (an*l) suppository, does it come out on its own via a BM or how??

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2008, 05:44:43 AM »
I don't know anything about med treatments for parasites, but I do know from experience that Lamisil will kill yeast and from research that Nystatin is a very effective yeast killer.  Yeast Assassin or an equivalent supplement is supposed to do both but isn't recommended for nursing mommas as it tends to dry up the milk supply.

HB--or other knowledgeable WTM-ers out there : What is your opinion of trying allopathic anti-parasitic treatments? (You know, the traditional doctor's meds)
I've done several herbal parasitic/colon cleanses with no visible results, then while  pregnant these past few months I had the "luxury" of pooing out a big fat (dead) roundworm 
Yup, horrified I went to the GI doc who recommended trtmt AFTER I give birth. I didn't want to pursue this unless I can be certain of its effectiveness. Do any of you ladies have any knowledge or experience with this horrifying (and embarrassing) situation and effectiveness of traditional medical treatment??

And forgive my ignorance: but if one is using garlic as an (an*l) suppository, does it come out on its own via a BM or how??
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline Whiterock

• Jesus Knows Me, This I Love
  • Guru
  • Eph 6:16
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2008, 06:00:07 AM »
I would definitely try to get rid of them now, and not wait 'til baby is born. They are stealing nutrients from you, and therefore, from your baby. You certainly need all the nutrients you can get while pregnant and that little one is being built on the nutrients you provide.

Here are a few excerpts from things I found online....

Most antiparasitic drugs used to treat roundworm infection should not be used during pregnancy.

Roundworm infections can inflame the lining of the gut and limit the absorption of and/or compete with many essential nutrients, including vitamins A and B6. Vitamin A deficiencies are believed to increase the risk of parasitic infections, so some researchers speculate that vitamin A supplementation may help prevent or reduce symptoms associated with roundworm infections. In addition, some herbal remedies, particularly fig, have been shown to limit roundworm egg production or destroy roundworms altogether. Some other studies suggest that Traditional Chinese Medicine may prove more effective than placebo in improving the symptoms of roundworm infection.

Malnutrition is associated with roundworm infection, so maintaining optimal nutritional status may be helpful in preventing and treating roundworm infection. The following nutrients may be particularly useful in this regard:

Vitamin A

Some studies have suggested that vitamin A deficiency may be associated with roundworm infection. Parasites may deplete stores of vitamin A, leaving the infected individual with inadequate levels to fight off infection. Parasites may also impair an individual's ability to absorb fat, thereby interfering with the intestinal absorption of fat-soluble vitamins such as vitamin A. At this time, however, there is not enough scientific evidence to suggest that vitamin A supplementation is effective at preventing or treating malnutrition associated with roundworm infection.

Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine)

Animal studies have suggested that vitamin B6-deficient rats recover from trichinosis significantly slower than rats with normal vitamin B6 status. No studies have investigated whether vitamin B6 is effective at preventing or treating roundworm infection in humans, however.

Herbs

Some herbal remedies have properties that are destructive to parasites such as roundworm. While many of these herbal remedies have been used traditionally by certain cultures, few have been scientifically tested for their safety and effectiveness. These herbal remedies include:

Fig (Ficus glabrata)

Studies of individuals with roundworm infections, including ascariasis, threadworm, whipworm, and hookworm, have suggested that daily doses of Ficus glabrata (an extract from a species of fig tree) may reduce roundworm egg production by up to 85 percent.

Garlic (Allium sativum)

Laboratory studies suggest that large quantities of fresh, raw garlic may have antiparasitic properties against the roundworm, Ascaris lumbricoides; this herbal remedy has not yet been tested clinically in humans.

Other herbs with a substantial history of treating roundworms include pumpkin seeds and husks (Curcubita pepo), Punica granatum (Pomegranate bark), and quassia (Picraena excelsa). The clinical safety and effectiveness of these herbs have not been scientifically studied, however.

I would take a high quality cod liver oil like Carlson's or Green Pastures' for the vitamin A (which is great for the baby anyway) and an enzyme supplement with every meal to help absorb fat soluble nutrients, since the parasite interferes with the digestion of fat.

I would also find a good whole food source of B6 or take a good B6 supplement. In fact I may do both, to make sure that I was absorbing enough to make a difference.

I'd eat a ton of figs! It's something that works against parasites and I know is safe during pregnancy. Same with garlic! I'd probably make some fresh garlic, ACV, and honey tea several times a day along with eating freshly crushed garlic raw (it's really not that bad). Also, roasted pumpkin seeds with the husks on.

I'd eat a lot of pomegranate (with the seeds!!) and as much of the pith as I could stand. I know that the quote said it was the bark of the tree, but I'd gamble on the fruit having some of the same properties (and they are yummy!).

There are also several food based treatments listed in this thread that I'd add to all that.

WR

« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 06:16:08 AM by Whiterock »
Who Needs God?

My Blog - Yarb d'Farb Knarb Check out the Wellness Wednesday tag for your health-related blog posts!

Offline mommie

• Master
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2008, 06:10:28 AM »
I haven't read this whole thread but the title caught my eye...I caught some of something when I was pregnant and nursing in Ecuador several years ago.  GSE I think is a great thing for parasites while pregnant and nursing...I would do 15 drops of nutribiotics 3-5x a time in the proper dilution of OJ. Make sure you dilute properly and drink LOTS of water...You don't want any detox to go to baby. I would also eat pumpkin seeds and LOTS of garlic and coconut oil. You might have to move slow w/ the coconut oil cause between that and the pumpkin seeds it might straight clean you out and dehydrate you ... I don't know... just a guess...I would drink lots and lots of water and have a healthy diet while doing all of this! You can make OJ shakes with ice and 1 Tbsp of coconut oil and 15-30 drops of GSE and blend in the blender...YUMMY!! This is all just my opinion and what I would do based on my experiences. I've always done tons of GSE while pregnant and nursing w/ no problems. I would definatley take a good probiotic during this time though BIG TIME. Eat lots of yogurt and good stuff like that...But from what I've learned the garlic/GSE should kill the stuff...the coconut oil should kill and clean you out and the pumpkin seeds should clean you out too..than the probiotic should repopulate you with good stuff to keep you healthy...

Offline gabi

• Adept
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2008, 02:10:17 PM »
Thank you ladies. I'm pretty much on the above mentioned "remedies" already--except the garlic. I'm not sure if my body tolerates it well.....I'm talking possible allergy, not detox. Still need to fully test it tho--just may hold off till baby comes...
I love how resourceful you ladies are--THANK YOU. I'll keep you posted of effective remedies! The probiotic during this pregnancy is a MUST (gassy stomach) roundworm or normal pregnancy--who knows...