Author Topic: If you were told you had cancer, what treatment would you use?  (Read 24865 times)

Offline miff aka Missi

• Adept
Re: If you were told you had cancer, what treatment would you use?
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2006, 02:03:32 PM »
... Also, I just finished reading the story about Suzanne Somers and she actually refused radiation also.  She only had the cancer removed and did natural therapies.  Those were her words directly from an interview in Life Extension magazine.  Radiation can/will change a person's DNA and can cause other cancers down the road. ...

Take care,

Patti
I found the following quotes at www.suzannesomers.com  If you want to read her entire piece- go to Lifestyle and then Health Center.  She definitely didn't do the chemo.  She really researched the whole thing, just like many people on this forum.  We really do have to be in charge of our own treatment and healing, huh?  :)         Missi

"... I did the complete recommended course of radiation outlined by my physicians. ..."

"... I chose a combination of conventional and alternative treatments for my cancer after-care. Along with the radiation, I learned about an alternative treatment called Iscador. Iscador is a homeopathic treatment that is a derivative of mistletoe."
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 02:05:07 PM by miff »

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2006, 05:52:29 PM »

Interesting.  I wonder if it's just how it was written in the interview then that made it sound like that? Thanks for clarifying.   Nonetheless, just everyone knows, radiation DOES damage the DNA and can cause future cancers.  But if forced to choose - I'd take the radiation before chemo! 

Patti
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline ILoveGodsWisdom

• Adept
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2006, 02:15:00 AM »
The question you have asked "What would you do if you had cancer?" is a good one. 

Everyone should prepare themselves with an answer to this at some stage in life.  I have been researching cancer for the last 7 years or so and have spoken with people who have cancer themselves and are using natural methods to help give their bodies the tools to cure themselves. 

Firstly I already know that there are cures for cancer dispite the FDA publicity front for raising money for cancer research, to give us the impression they are 'still' looking for one!  I already know that there has never been a double blind study done on Chemotherapy/Radiation treatments because the FDA know it would FAIL to show results.  Both these treatments reduce your immune system, which you will need to fight the cancer, and both are cancer causing.  I would also be prepared to bombarded with family and friends fears for me when I decide NOT to go with radiation and chemotherapy.  Their fear is only coming from what they have been told through the media and they haven't researched or met anyone personally, yet, who has survived cancer without these treatments. 

Secondly...I would research what works for the particular type of cancer I have got.  Different natural treatments work sucessfully for different people and different types of cancer, I would never rely on just one treatment to cure my cancer.  These would include using B 17, cold pressed linseed oil with a high proteen, whole mangosteen fruit powder, zeolites, green barley grass/wheat grass, chlorella etc..

see: www.cancer-prevention.net (this is a free 85 page book on many ways to cure cancer and how you should use several approaches for the best sucess.)

Thirdly...no matter what cancer I had, I would go on a 100% raw food diet and do juice fasts to alkalise my body and help throw off all the toxins my body had accumilated by eating an average American diet.  I would not rely on this alone though. 

see: Dr Louraine Day (I have seen most of her videos several times and they are great)
see: http://www.healthfree.com/nutritional_power_robbins.html#1 on what happens in your body when you don't eat mostly raw food. (I found this so helpful)
see: Dr George Malkumus, raw food diet. (puts out a newsletter, cook books, videos etc)
see: Ross Horne, 'Cancer Proof your Body', book (try getting it from the library)

Forthly...I would use the best herbs, foods, natural products, for my type of cancer I had to target my cancer specifically.  The raw food alkalising diet would give me the best chance at making these herbs/foods more effective in targeting the cancer cells.

Fifly...I would look into oxygen therapy and using this in conjunction with the above.

Sixthly...I would consider using zeolites, especially if it was breast cancer.  Zeolites rapidly trap the toxins in our cells and have had great sucess withing weeks of starting to break down breast cancer cells.

see: www.cancer-prevention.net
see: www.amazingandtrue.com

I hope you have not got cancer but if you have and you are prepared to research all of this and a few other helpful suggestions other ladies have given and put it into action, then you will be more healthy than what you have ever been in your life.  Not only will you be able to get rid of cancer, but you'll be able to rid yourself of all your other health problems too...these will be the great side effects of natural therapies and raw food diets!

« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 02:34:32 AM by ILoveGodsWisdom »
Passport type shot of me and my 4 children

Offline miff aka Missi

• Adept
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2006, 05:01:45 AM »
Interesting.  I wonder if it's just how it was written in the interview then that made it sound like that? Thanks for clarifying.   Nonetheless, just everyone knows, radiation DOES damage the DNA and can cause future cancers.  But if forced to choose - I'd take the radiation before chemo! 

Patti
I hate it to know that people's words get turned around/changed/left out/ etc.  Sometimes I think I shouldn't even read another newspaper/magazine again.  gggrrrrr... 

I have to agree with you on the radiation over chemo.  Not that I would actually WANT to have radiation.  My BIL had radiation for Hodgkins when he and my sister were newly married.  The doctor warned them, "DO NOT get pregnant within the two years after radiation is finished!"  DNA damage was the reason.  I can't imagine what chemo does?? 

Missi

Offline Gabriel Anast

• Administrator
  • Master
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2006, 07:12:32 AM »
Anyone dealing with cancer, PLEASE look at the following link:

http://www.cancure.org/choiceoftherapy.htm

This site contains an introductory overview of just about every alternative cancer therapy ever developed.

My favorite is plain old oxygen therapy... there are many forms of oxygen therapy... be creative!

--gabe

Offline ILoveGodsWisdom

• Adept
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2006, 07:18:11 PM »
H2O2 is a cheap effective cancer therapy I would use in conjunction with other changes in diet.  Links are:

Alternatives in Cancer Therapy - Hydrogen Peroxide
http://educate-yourself.org/cn/hydrogenperoxidecancertherapybookexcerpt.shtml

Hydrogen Peroxide v. Prostate Cancer by Bill Munro (Oct. 14, 2005)
http://educate-yourself.org/cn/hydrogenperoxideandprostatecancer14oct05.shtml

Hydrogen Peroxide Nasal Sprayer & Garden Applications by Bill Munro (Feb. 7, 2005)
http://educate-yourself.org/cn/hydrogenperoxide07feb05.shtml

Hydrogen Peroxide by Walter Grotz
http://educate-yourself.org/cn/hydrogenperoxidewaltergrotz20nov04.shtml

Passport type shot of me and my 4 children

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2006, 03:18:09 AM »

My favorite is plain old oxygen therapy... there are many forms of oxygen therapy... be creative!

One way is called a hyperbaric oxygen chamber.  Sounds medieval, but it is gaining a lot of popularity.  It is a large chamber in which the oxygen is increased to 100%.  Cancer cannot survive in this.  Most alternative or perhaps a chiropractor will have this option or the knowledge of it.
http://www.drcranton.com/hbo.htm

Offline lynetg

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2006, 09:04:34 AM »
I've had cancer and this is what I would personally recommend:
-Start by reading Genesis 1:29,(the original diet we were given).
-Change to His original diet for humankind
-For help and encouragement in your lifestyle/diet change go to hacres.com and drday.com,(two cancer overcomers who are here to tell about it).
-Be thankful in ALL things
-Give God the glory. Be in His Word daily.  Apply it to your life.
We are more than conquerors through Jesus Christ our Lord!
In His love,
Lynet

Offline mexmarr

• Master
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2006, 11:12:02 AM »
My Mil has breast cancer.  It has been interesting to read these different thoughts!  SHe is battling it naturally, using many of the things mentioned here. Some of the things that she is doing are:

- Juicing
- Black salve (only the pill version)
- Hallalujah diet
- liquid oxygen
- Ambertose and other mennetech prodects
- Barley Green Powder

There are probably more, but this is what I can think of now.  My personal opinion of the hallalujah diet (vegetarian, mostly raw) is that it would not be the best for a long term diet, but could be very helpful for a temporary healing diet.

It is not to fun in a meat/dairy loving family like my inlaws are, but I guess we all have sacrifices to make in life.

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2006, 03:52:57 PM »
One important distinction that folks sometimes fail to make is there are "hard" cancers (ie, tumors) and invasive cancers (all blood cancers).  When someone has a blood cancer the absolute worst thing they can do is remove red meat from their diet.  Red meat is what helps red blood cell health and strength.  Obviously the meat should be only organic, non-hormone, etc.  Having dealt with this disease in our personal lives this past two years we found this out the hard way.  My MIL has only done natrual therapies and she all but removed meat from her diet originally.  About six months into it we found out it was the worst thing she could do.  When she added meat back into her diet she saw her health increase tremendously.  I also have a friend who was vegan with a blood disease.  She had all but healed the disease but could not get over the hump to a normal hemoglobin level.  She added meat back in and her red cells were immediately normal (within a week).  So, going vegetarian for all cancers is NOT necessarily the right way to go.  Just wanted to put that there.

Patti
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline heatheronthehill

• Adept
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2006, 04:04:51 PM »
I'm glad you said that Patti! 

You know, I don't think you can just use a blanket treatment for all cancers.  There are so many different types and they attack people in all different ways.  There is no wonder cure!  (that I know of anyway!)  Some cancers are much more treatable than others.  Some cancers are very, very aggressive and no matter what you do, treatments may not be very successful.  My grandmother recently died after battling cancer for many long years.  It was so frustrating to have people say that they knew what would cure her cancer and then proceed to tell her all about it.  Most of these people didn't understand the nature of cancer and especially not her particular cancer (peritoneal), which is extremely elusive and was not caught until it had progressed rapidly.  My Granny would dabble in these alternative medicines a tiny bit - usually using up the bottle of whatever someone gave her, but she never stuck with them.  She was just overwhelmed with all of these supposed "cures".  I guess my advice would be to do some thorough research and use your brain and common sense while weeding through it all.  Pray about it, find something that you have faith in, pursue that treatment, and if the Lord wills it, He will cure you. 

Offline sarahmontgomery

• Adept
  • Isaiah 12:2
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2006, 09:31:39 AM »
Went and had two mammograms and an ultrasound yesterday and they say everything looks good.  What is there is not cancer!  Praise the Lord.  Thank you everyone that prayed for me.
Home, home on the range, where the deer and the cantaloupe play..... according to my 4 year old

Offline SC

• Guru
  • Ephesians 5:2
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2006, 09:53:27 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D Hooray!
I'm no doctor . . .             I'm not even a Post hole Digger! ;)

Offline jammy

• Adept
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2006, 01:50:45 PM »
Thank you for letting us know, I'm so so happy for you.  Let's keep on learning and getting more healthy!   ;D

Jenn
Jenn :D

Offline Helen

• Adept
    • personal blog
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2006, 02:22:59 PM »
I rejoice with you!!  I cant imagine how relieved you are!!! :D

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2006, 03:13:46 PM »
Fantastic ;D Thank you, Lord. If I had cancer I would use a strict anti-yeast/fungal treatment. Doug Kaufmann's book The Germ That Causes Cancer makes a compelling case that cancer is actually fungus. Check the book & his website www.knowthecause.com. Maybe this will help someone. ~herbalmom

Offline HeatherRose

• Adept
« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2006, 05:49:11 PM »

Just one more little note: if you wear underwire bras, please switch. The underwires interfere with the lymph flow, causing a lot of backup in the breast area. Toxins can be 'caught' there, setting you up for breast cancer.
/quote]

I've never heard of this.  I wear an underwire bra.  Is that something I should not do? -KG

I did some research after my MIL was diagnosed with cancer.  From what I found, bra wearing habit are directly related.  I found a chart.  It said that women who wear underwire 24/7 had a 1 in 2 chance to get breast cancer.  Wearing a bra 12 hours a day reduced it to 1 in 4 or 7, I can't remember, and they listed several other options, and the more a bra was at higher risk.  Too tight bras and underwires also significately increase your risks. 

I found so much info, that I couldn't possibly find the exact source for this, but I read the same idea several places.
This is very interesting.  I've never heard it before. 
My chiropractor (a woman) does a lot with lymph drainage.  Two lymph drainage areas are located on the breast.  I have had an underwire for 20 years and don't want any problems.  Maybe manually draining the lymph will help.  Here is what my chiro taught me:

On the right breast, stroke firmly from your collar bone downward onto the lower edge of your breast in a vertical line just an inch in from the center of your chest.  Don't rub so hard that it hurts, but a little burning is normal especially if there is some congestion. 

The other spot in under your right breast.  Lie on your back and stroke firmly from the center towards your arm an inch above the crease line at the base of your breast. 

She has only ever done it on the right side but maybe the left has the same lymph points.  If the area you're rubbing is tender or sore, it is a good indication that there is congestion.  I have found that if I rub 5-10 times in each spot that it will burn slightly for several minutes but then feel less tender when I do it again later in the day or the next day.  There are other spots that drain your sinuses, lungs and reproductive organs.

Offline debbiesmith

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2007, 03:34:14 AM »
I would first pray and ask God for wisdom. We so often rush into something without doing the research and waiting for God' s answer.  The medical profession truly mean well with what they do.  They are wonderful at fixing broken bones and so forth but I do not know if they truly now how to cure someone.  Their are so many options today to choose from.  To be honest it can only be your choice in the end for what you decide.  I pray everyone you love will support the decision.  Lorraine Day has some wonderful books and videos.  One which is called Cancer does not Scare me Anymore.  She herself had cancer and is a doctor and chose the natural way.  Their is a man is Sarasota Fl named Bill Couric that himself is a survivor and he helps you to do it natural he uses herbs and things to help you detoxify your body.  Have you ever heard of a foot detox they are amazing you put your feet in clear water and before its over the water is so murky it is hard to believe that came out of you.  Their is  also an infrared sauna they can penetrate 2 inches deep into your skin it is wonderful for getting toxins out of your body.  Their is also Jordin Rubin author of Makers Diet and other books.  He was close to death and God showed him what to do.  I would remain unstressful that is a wonderful thing you can do for your body because stress causes our body to become acidity.  Love life and enjoy the day and the moment.  Realize that are attitude counts for a lot.  I truly believe when our body is balanced it can fight any disease.  I will be praying for you and their is this wonderful book called What's the Big Deal about Water?  by Tonita d'Raye  and you can order it www.quickreadhealthbooks.com it is amazing when we are hydrated how that helps our body to heal. 
Blessings
Debbie

Offline Rene

• Adept
  • Crucified with Christ! :)
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2007, 05:10:08 AM »
I have a friend whose young daughter was diagnosed with cancer in February - a tumor in her chest, and she is now cancer free.  They used many many suppliments and eat the NT way.  Here is a video she made. 

http://www.teambettendorf.com/shared/jillianstorm.wmv
(
  )
 (
__
\_/o   Rene' Helpmeet to Billy - 13  years!! Homeschooling Momma to Anna - 12, Melissa - 9, and Holly - 7

Offline Maria/NHM

• Adept
    • My Blog
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2007, 06:24:25 AM »
I have a friend whose young daughter was diagnosed with cancer in February - a tumor in her chest, and she is now cancer free.  They used many many suppliments and eat the NT way.  Here is a video she made. 

Wow, grab a box of Kleenex before watching this one. Amazing!

« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 04:35:46 AM by tjmjfamily »
My Blog
http://naturallyhealthymommy.blogspot.com/
Learning and sharing about nutrition and herbs
My user name used to be Ella :)

Offline Rene

• Adept
  • Crucified with Christ! :)
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2007, 06:58:33 AM »

Wow, grab a box of Kleenex before watching this one. Amazing!

Maria

Just wanted to add, this mom has 11 children.  4 are her bio-kids, and 7 are adopted.  She has a blog at homeschoolblogger.

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/teambettendorf
(
  )
 (
__
\_/o   Rene' Helpmeet to Billy - 13  years!! Homeschooling Momma to Anna - 12, Melissa - 9, and Holly - 7

Offline twitterpated4hubby

• Adept
« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2007, 07:02:56 AM »
Hi, i have a question for you ladies that have experienced Cancer. I have a friend who has had both breast removed and its now in her chest cavity and other places. Things are looking bad and she has another round of chemo coming up over the holidays. She has two young children and I'm trying to help her find something to help her with the sickness of chemo. This is what i have found so far and I'm wondering if any of you can tell me if you have used any of these products or heard anything about them.

Here is the email i sent to her....

First and most important are the LIFE ESSENCE Vitamins. They will replace all the stuff that the chemo is stealing away from you...most importantly your energy. I will send them soon. 

Second most important is aloe juice. Get a big container of it cuz you will need 2 oz two to three times a day. That's because the chemo burns the lining of your stomach and the aloe will keep it from doing that. Very important!! Im not sure of the price but im sure you can get it at a healthfood store in a big jug.

#3 important is something called Ip inoistol....It has helped ppl go from stage 4 cancer to stage two.  WOW!!! She said its amazing stuff. Its 35.99 and i have no idea if its pills or how long it lasts, but if you can afford it i would try it.

#4 is something called Mangoni and it has a lot of different juices or something in it. Its a cure all for everything and ppl say its just a miracle worker. Its 29.99

I numbered these to what are most important. The aloe is gonna just help you while you with the chemo and so are the vitamins but it sounds like the other stuff are also going to help fight the cancer.
http://keepyourcloveson.blogspot.com/2008_10_01_archive.html

"...I found the one my heart loves. I held him and would not let him go..." -Song of Songs 3:4

Offline andeebeth

• Adept
    • Our blog..
« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2007, 07:54:00 AM »
I would probably try the hydrogen peroxide therapy.

My mother has been battling ovarian cancer for 5+ years. She's on dialysis now..but still fighting. Back in Dec. they didn't think she'd make it to 08. But she just may..Lord willing. She has chemo once a week or every other week..something like that. Her count is at 200 something. So she's holding steady.

It's definitely something I've thought about. There is no screening for ovarian cancer. So I will go in for my yearlys for the rest of my life and they can do an u/s to make sure everything is ok.
~andrea..wife to gabe, momy to five princes and one princess born 12/11/07~

Offline stupunkinetc

• Learning
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2008, 12:03:21 PM »
My mom just died after her second battle with cancer, she went through chemo the first time.  This time the things she was doing were working, she just started on them too late...

The Oasis of Hope Hospital in Mexico was my mom's last hope, and they did help her, but her cancer had progressed too far.  There are many more good stories that come out of there. www.oaisofhope.com

Contact: Ralph Schauss 307-266-5310, PO Box 3857, Casper WY 82602 "Ralph Schauss is a soul out in Wyoming, who has CURED more cancer with his healing herbal Chinese protocols than any other human on planet Earth that I can find.  He has an international clientèle." -Dr. Lou Niles N.D.

This is where I would start if I had cancer, this is what my mom found too late.

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2008, 02:00:33 PM »
If you ever get a child dx with childhood leukemia, I would highly recommend reading through Samual's experience.  His parents started out using allopathic medicine and now use natural medicine with VERY (I mean very very very small) small doses of chemo.  This is 26 pages long, will make you cry, but is so encouraging.  These folks are christians...

http://www.samuelbackus.com/SamuelsUpdates.html

patti

Offline lovetoreadmom

• Master
  • Music in my kitchen :)
    • The Most Important Job in the World for a Married Woman
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2008, 04:15:27 PM »
Hi, i have a question for you ladies that have experienced Cancer. I have a friend who has had both breast removed and its now in her chest cavity and other places. Things are looking bad and she has another round of chemo coming up over the holidays. She has two young children and I'm trying to help her find something to help her with the sickness of chemo. This is what i have found so far and I'm wondering if any of you can tell me if you have used any of these products or heard anything about them.

Hi twitterpated4hubby,  (I love that name!  It's so cute!)

Anyway . . . I was just wondering how your friend is doing with the cancer.  You haven't posted here since November, so I just wanted to know if she's had any change.

Have you ever heard of www.herbdoc.com.  Dr. Schultz has a program called "Incurables," and I would think it would be something that your friend could look into as a possibility for treatment, if she's still looking for something and is not doing something else.

Just wanted to check . . . HTH   :)
Wife to Ron for 8 years (on 7.13.10 :)), and Mama to DS 6yo, DD 3-1/2yo, and DS 19mo! . . . and DD#2 due in August, 2010.

Offline BJ_BOBBI_JO

• Guru
  • I SEE YOU
    • BJ_BOBBI_JO blog
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2008, 03:27:09 AM »
I would eat a raw food vegan diet ( many ppl have had good success with their cancer from that- it prolonged my cousins life by 5 years after his doctors said she would die in months. He suprised them all by going vegan and living)

And I would buy some  poke root tincture.

From my understanding of poke root it is a great cancer fighter especially for breast cancer. It is a plant to treat with caution so IMO buying it from a professional company who knows the proper dosages would be safer then to go out and pick your own and  use it like we can many other herbs.

Offline faith

• Adept
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2008, 03:40:50 AM »
I am praying for you.
At least you know the Lord and belong to Him. Whether you do or don't have cancer. I do like what Lorraine Day says, Cancer doesn't scare me any more. And there is more to that title than just curing cancer, we know when we belong to Him we have nothing to fear. Although that is easer said than done. But if we are in His Word it will be as medicine to us also.
I have  two family members who have cancer one with bone and one with ovarian.  Neither one knows the Lord. Both are going the way of the "doctors" Both are doing poorly. It is SO sad. The are very fearful but still wont turn to the Lord.
My daughter sent essiac tea, the good one ,the one with Indian Rhubarb .And I sent the ambertose stuff to the other. And we told them to drink green juices and eat raw. But you know they don't want to do that.
I have given many videos of Lorraine Day away. I have corresponded with her also about her belonging to Seventhday Advent religion.  It was a very interresting correspondence. She is an orthopedic surgeon so she thinks she is very smart. But she was very nice to take  the time to listen  to me and respond. I do like her videos and you might never know of her sda beliefs.
If you would like the video cancer doesn't scare me any more email me, and I will send it to you.

Offline yasmine

• Adept
  • God is my strength and my shield!
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2008, 08:25:48 AM »
hi mom!

the videos are excellent. They are so encouraging.

God is good Ill be praying for you, too

Offline Mama Sita

• Adept
« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2008, 05:18:21 PM »
I have been meaning to post this for some time. I have been reading about real maple syrup + baking soda tx for cancer, and it has been very interesting! This also appeared on imva.info website after an Italian doctor did very thorough research on this home remedy for cancer.

Apparently, since cancer cells digest sugar at a much higher rate than regular cells, they absolutely devour the maple syrup, but since the baking soda is 'attached' to the syrup, it gets dragged into the cell, effectively killing the cancer cells. Actually, it converts the cancer cells to a higher pH, killing them, I believe.

I guess I would combine this with:
1~MUCH prayer
2~Colon/body cleanses
3~Live/raw food diet
4~Exercise + sunshine
5~Positve mental outlook!

BTW, if anyone is interested, the recipe for the maple syrup and baking soda is as follows:
3 parts real grade B maple syrup
1 part baking soda, aluminum free (such as Bob's mill)

Mix together in a small saucepan. Do not boil, but heat for 5 min in pan. Store at room temp, do not refrigerate.

Take one teaspoon once or several times per day.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 04:54:51 AM by Mama Sita »
"No one stands as tall as a Christian on his knees."
Get $5 off your first iHerb.com order: Code ISA141