Author Topic: If you were told you had cancer, what treatment would you use?  (Read 26012 times)

Offline sarahmontgomery

• Adept
  • Isaiah 12:2
If you were told you had cancer, what treatment would you use?
« on: November 29, 2006, 10:14:41 AM »
i recently went to an Amish doctor and was told that I have something on my breast.  I knew I had pain off and on so I wasn't surprised, but now I am going through alot of stress deciding what to do if it is cancer.  Before I can be seen by an oncologist, they want me to have a series of tests.  Mamagram, ultrasound, biopsy. We have no insurance, as we work from our home.  I don't think I would ever do chemo or radiation, but am interested in knowing your choice of treatment.  The Amish doctor is an iridologist,( looks in your eyes ) and by the way was right on everything I was feeling.  in several areas of my body.  Thoughts please?
Home, home on the range, where the deer and the cantaloupe play..... according to my 4 year old

Offline jammy

• Adept
Re: If you were told you had cancer, what treatment would you use?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 11:11:14 AM »
My choice of treatment for myself personally would be the Incurables Program by Richard Schulze.  There are so many links and places to go, I would start my research here:

http://www.curezone.com/schulze/handbook/incur1.asp

Praying for you,
Jenn
Jenn :D

Offline his.silly.wife

• Master
  • Psalm 100:5
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 11:47:41 AM »
There are several threads already started that discuss cancer, including breast cancer.  Try the search tool.

I would also recommend "Black Ointment" by Nature Sunshine.
http://www.naturessunshine.com/products/catalog/products.asp?StockNum=1696
My grandfather had a tumor surrounding a major artery on the neck to the brain.  He rubbered the ointment on, infrequently from what I was told, and today, he is still alive and the tumor is significantly shrunk.  Not even noticeable, I am reluctant to say gone, as I do not know what the doctors have said.  I don't know if this was an exception to what others have experienced. But last year he was suppose to live 6 months, and the family had started the "when the time comes" plans.  From the looks of things, they don't need the plans for a while to come.

My heart goes out to you.
Like NoGreaterJoy?  Sign up on fellowshipdirectory.com to meet others like you.

Offline LKS

• Master
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 12:32:41 PM »
I have given this some thought as I have watched several friends fight cancer recently. Currently a friends 22 yr old son is in his final weeks. So THEY say- God can always change that! Anyway, I believe I would agressively pursue surgery but not chemical cures. As in; I would have it cut out or off immediately but I do not think I would do chemo. This is a difficult thought process because it is in the Lord's hands no matter what we do, so do we do nothing or do we continue to fight in our own power? I'm sorry I'm not much help but this has been on my mind alot. Whatever you decide, remember that The Lord is in complete control. Jeremiah 29:11 says "For I know the thoughts I think of you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." I will pray for you.
LKS

Offline Carey

• Learning
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 01:12:44 PM »
http://www.fullerfamilyfarms.com/topics/blog

This is a Christian lady's homesteading blog. Her husband has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer (which is usually fatal), and they have decided to use alternitive health treatments. It's worth going through her archives to read about how much his health improved as soon as he began therapy.

Offline Tech Serv Assistant

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 01:20:53 PM »
http://www.fullerfamilyfarms.com/topics/blog

This is a Christian lady's homesteading blog. Her husband has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer (which is usually fatal), and they have decided to use alternative health treatments. It's worth going through her archives to read about how much his health improved as soon as he began therapy.

We know this lady! Small world. ::) I'm sure if you went to her website and emailed her, she would be very happy to discuss things with you.
"God isn't a mouse on strings. God IS the strings." - Marion, Bible Prof

"You know, when you look at the lineage of Jesus, it isn't too whippy." - Marion, Bible Prof

Offline rae

• Learning
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 01:49:15 PM »
I will be praying for you as I know what you are going through. Almost 3 years ago I went to regular doctor and he told me I had cervical cancer. I had surgery to remove the mass and when they did another biopsy they found dead cancer cells! Despite this, I still went through a year of treatments. They were horrible and I do not recommend them to anyone. My body was not healing, my hormones were a mess and I was not myself. That is when I stopped taking them and decided to allow God to heal my body, if that was in His will. It was still not easy and it took a couple years to finally feel well again. When I started to feel better is when I started to care about my health, eatig right and natural healing ways. I still have a few things to work on, but all in all, I am better. I am consistent in my regular doctors visit, but I  am more informed and careful of what the doctors tell me. I do what God wants me to do and what my instincts tell me.

I went throught the one year of treatments to prevent more cancer from growing, but I believe that God healed me before I had the surgery. I was not yet 20 and there was major concern of me not having children and my IBS and endomitriosis played a huge part in the concern. I live one day at a time.

IMO I would be cautious of the chemicals the doctors will try to put in your body, do some research, get other people's opinions, talk it over with you friends and family. If you decide to have the tests and/or treatments stay informed ask questions. You ulitmately have the right to stop any treatment. It is the body God has given you.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Offline Lydiaisredeemed

• Learning
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 01:52:51 PM »
i recently went to an Amish doctor and was told that I have something on my breast.  I knew I had pain off and on so I wasn't surprised, but now I am going through alot of stress deciding what to do if it is cancer.  Before I can be seen by an oncologist, they want me to have a series of tests.  Mamagram, ultrasound, biopsy. We have no insurance, as we work from our home.  I don't think I would ever do chemo or radiation, but am interested in knowing your choice of treatment.  The Amish doctor is an iridologist,( looks in your eyes ) and by the way was right on everything I was feeling.  in several areas of my body.  Thoughts please?
I just read both Kevin Trudeau books about Natural Cures and this is what I've learned:

1. DMSO (dimethyl sulfoxide) is a soluable liquid that causes a large amount of oxygen to flood the body.  Cancer CAN NOT SURVIVE in an oxygen rich environment.
2. Make sure your body's pH level is alkaline, not acidic.  Disease cannot thrive in an alkaline environment
3. Food grade hydrogen peroxide also gets oxygen to the body quickly and gets alkalinity pH up too.
4. Add linseed oil (flaxseed oil) or whole flax to your diet.  This is known to inhibit breast cancer specifically
5. even though it's expensive, eat organic foods that are preferably raw.  98% of all tumors found had pesticides in them.  Organic foods are pesticide free.
6 drink distilled water or water with reverse osmosis to ensure you are not ingesting chlorine and fluoride.
7. Do a google search for Royal Raymond Rife's "energetic" healing.  If you find a healthcare practitioner that is familiar with this healing method, you should see this doctor for treatments.  These are operated "underground" for fear of FDA shutdown.  You see, the FDA wants us all to have cancer, that way they can continue to make billions through the pharmaceutical industries "cancer drugs"
8. Find a book called "The Secret of Life" by Georges Lakhovsky. It talks about a "multi-wave oscillator"  This is also an alternative cancer treatment although I don't know the specifics.

I watched my dad deteriorate of cancer when I was 14 years old.  Of course, it did not save his life.  He had surgery, chemo, radiation, and cancer drugs.  His quality of life was terrible and my dad, who was a 180 lb. 6 foot tall man withered away into only 100 lbs when he died.  I will NEVER EVER get chemotherapy.   I pray that this information will help you. :)

Lydia

Offline Lydiaisredeemed

• Learning
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2006, 02:25:34 PM »
I just read both Kevin Trudeau books about Natural Cures and this is what I've learned:

1. DMSO (dimethyl sulfoxide) is a soluable liquid that causes a large amount of oxygen to flood the body.  Cancer CAN NOT SURVIVE in an oxygen rich environment.
2. Make sure your body's pH level is alkaline, not acidic.  Disease cannot thrive in an alkaline environment
3. Food grade hydrogen peroxide also gets oxygen to the body quickly and gets alkalinity pH up too.
4. Add linseed oil (flaxseed oil) or whole flax to your diet.  This is known to inhibit breast cancer specifically
5. even though it's expensive, eat organic foods that are preferably raw.  98% of all tumors found had pesticides in them.  Organic foods are pesticide free.
6 drink distilled water or water with reverse osmosis to ensure you are not ingesting chlorine and fluoride.
7. Do a google search for Royal Raymond Rife's "energetic" healing.  If you find a healthcare practitioner that is familiar with this healing method, you should see this doctor for treatments.  These are operated "underground" for fear of FDA shutdown.  You see, the FDA wants us all to have cancer, that way they can continue to make billions through the pharmaceutical industries "cancer drugs"
8. Find a book called "The Secret of Life" by Georges Lakhovsky. It talks about a "multi-wave oscillator"  This is also an alternative cancer treatment although I don't know the specifics.

I watched my dad deteriorate of cancer when I was 14 years old.  Of course, it did not save his life.  He had surgery, chemo, radiation, and cancer drugs.  His quality of life was terrible and my dad, who was a 180 lb. 6 foot tall man withered away into only 100 lbs when he died.  I will NEVER EVER get chemotherapy.   I pray that this information will help you. :)

Lydia
I also forgot to mention one very important thing.  NEVER NEVER NEVER ingest artificial sweeteners.  Nutrasweet (aspartame) is wood alcohol (methanol) and when it reaches 85 degrees, it turns into formeldehyde.  It causes tumors most definitely and should have never been put on the market.  The FDA is so corrupt, they are only interested in making money, not protecting Americans health.  Most of the food we buy are loaded with toxins, poisons, and chemicals.  This includes dairy products loaded with growth hormones and antibiotics.  Chemicals that cause us to become addicted to certain foods are put in our food supply that are listed under the ingredients as "flavoring."  I would also stay away from fast food.  It is complete junk.  You just want to eat healthy, organic foods, and also do cleanses for colon, liver/ gallbladder, parasite, candida, and heavy metal cleanse too.  Chelation therapy is also a good thing to look into.  I pray that God will give you wisdom and direction in Jesus name. amen
Lydia :)

Offline sarajane

• Adept
    • www.herbsareeasy.com
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2006, 02:49:31 PM »
I would eat lots and lots of apricot seeds every day. I would eat them now as prevention if I had some. I plan on buying some when I can, until then I just eat other types of seeds containing vitamin B-17.
Mommy to Neveah, 2 year old who lives with Jesus, Larissa 4, Gavin 2. Help meet to Jason for 9 years.

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2006, 03:11:39 PM »
I always say that I would never do chemo or anything destructive to the body. I would rather go with the Lord than to do such things, but it is always easier to say now than if I were actually staring it in the face.
I would ingest a lot of organic carrot juice, bone broths, b17 rich seeds and use some essiac tea(now being proported as a cancer curing tea, but who knows).  Good luck finding something that works.  Will be praying that it is not serious.

Offline greenbean

• Learning
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2006, 03:33:54 PM »
I just picked up a book from the library the other day . . . "The Cure For All Advanced Cancers" by Dr. Hulda Clark, Ph.D, N.D.

I have only skimmed the table of contents but it looks interesting. I have read some of her articles and have learned a lot...

Offline Lydiaisredeemed

• Learning
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2006, 03:46:12 PM »
I just picked up a book from the library the other day . . . "The Cure For All Advanced Cancers" by Dr. Hulda Clark, Ph.D, N.D.

I have only skimmed the table of contents but it looks interesting. I have read some of her articles and have learned a lot...

I second reading books written by Hulda Regehr Clark, Ph.D., N.D.  I also notice above comments about B17 vitamins.  Those can also be found inside of a peach pit.  The little tiny seed once you crack open the big pit is very rich in B17 and is a cure all, so I've heard.   :)

Offline SC

• Guru
  • Ephesians 5:2
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2006, 04:31:30 PM »
I'm one of God's slow learners, but when things finally sink in, I GOT IT!  ::)

If I suspected I had cancer -- even with everything I know about medicine, natural health, diet, herbology, etc. -- the FIRST thing I would do is PRAY.I don't know what the outcome will be, but HE knows. You could spend a lot of money and time trying a lot of promising treatments and seeing experts in the field, but all you really need is the right treatment for your condition -- and God is the expert on THAT!

So, take your limited funds and limited understanding and go to God who is full of wisdom and has resources without limits. He will guide you to the best solution for YOU and YOUR family. Whether He chooses healing for you or He prepares you for something else, you'll not regret trusting His tender love and care for you and for your family. I'm praying.

Please, let us know how things go.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 04:35:22 PM by SC »
I'm no doctor . . .             I'm not even a Post hole Digger! ;)

Offline Christal

• Adept
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2006, 04:33:29 PM »
My FIL has melanoma and is using a vegan diet as treatment.  He is relying heavily on Loraine Day's information.  You can probably Google her name or Google "Hallelujah Acres".  The sell her books and videos.  He has a great doctor who has provided him with alternative treatment information.  The doctor has also suggested a wellness center so that my FIL can get away from stress and focus entirely on healing. 

I know a month or more ago, he saw the doctor and the doctor said the diet was working or else my FIL would not have the energy to still be working.  They haven't done any formal test but for the most part you can't tell he is sick from his actions.  He was feeling tired this weekend but had a lot of stress and the doc says stress is real bad for cancer.
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through Me."  John 14v6

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2006, 05:00:33 PM »

I actually had this conversation with my ND quite awhile ago because of what we are going through with my MIL.  She has leukemia and has only been using natural therapies.  She's long outlived the doctors "prognosis."   I left our talk with this:  I would have anything that's an actual mass/tumor cut/excised out.  After that I would do only natural.  If it were a systemic cancer then I would just straight for the natural with whatever supportive care was required (my MIL requires blood transfusions to live because her body doesn't produce any blood).  The goal, of course, is to get the body to begin functioning as it should with the natural therapies.  The BIG number one thing someone can do that has cancer is to juice.  Juice all of the green veggies you can stand.  Stay away from juicing fruits (too much sugar).  I guess after having watched my MIL for over two years and seeing all of the sick people at her onc's office I've seen enough to know for myself.

You kind of need the tests in order to really know what you've got.  Once you know, you can go forward running from there.  One thing I would encourage you is to never look back, whatever decision you feel God leads you to.  It's easy to question things and wonder but if God leads you a certain direction, go and don't look back. 

Blessings,

patti
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline ShabbyChic

• Master
  • Wife, mom, motorcycle enthusiast, and chocoholic.
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2006, 05:22:20 PM »
For me it would depend on where the cancer was and how advanced it was and what the chances were.  If I only had a little time left I'd want to just spend it with my family and not be sick from the chemo and radiation.  But if they were pretty confident they could get the cancer I'd do whatever it took.  Double mastectomy, bring it on.  I've had several friends who've had mastectomies from breast cancer, and they have all said they are glad they did it and that prosthetics have come a long way.  They all had different issues, and were a range of ages with little kids or grandkids, but they were so glad that they are still here 2, 10, and even 20 some years later.  Blessings, peace, knowledge, wisdom, and discernment to you and your family.
That's Shabby SHEIK not Shabby CHICK.  Hee-hee.

Offline CKSMOM

• Adept
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2006, 06:52:01 PM »
From what I understand you to say, you haven't confirmed yet if you do have cancer or not.  You may have something on your breast but that doesn't necessarily mean it's cancerous, and if it is, God will give you grace and wisdom to make those decisions when the time comes.  As for now, I would pray and ask God (and your hubby) what your next step should be and trust the Lord's leading.  Will be thinking of you and praying for you today.

Offline miff aka Missi

• Adept
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2006, 07:28:33 PM »
Have any of you all heard of Iscador (mistletoe extract)?  It's what Suzanne Somers took when she found out she had breast cancer.  She had surgery and radiation also.  She didn't want to go the chemo route.  I believe that was 5 years ago.

Missi

Offline Mama Sita

• Adept
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2006, 02:17:15 AM »
I will be praying for you, Sarah. When you get this kind of report, it's a shock! I second what SC said, PRAY! Your heavenly Father knows what you need even before you ask and it's good to know that He is still in the healing business!

Please look at Essiac tea. This has been used in Canada by a nurse, Rene Caisse, who took many, many cancer patients and used this tea with them when they were considered to be 'untreatable' by conventional docs. They would send them to her and by using her 4-herb tea, she would see many of them cured of cancer! For those that were not, they lived with little to no pain and their length of life extended beyond what they were expected to live. It's a fascinating story--'Calling of an Angel' is the title of the book, I think. Yep, I found it: ]]http://www.foodandhealing.com/article-breastcancer.htm

My heart goes out to you, dear. I know what it's like to have no insurance. We have been there many times, but somehow, God always provides.

God Bless,
Mama Sita
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 02:21:38 AM by Mama Sita »
"No one stands as tall as a Christian on his knees."
Get $5 off your first iHerb.com order: Code ISA141

Offline Amey

• Adept
    • Amey's Blog
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2006, 04:44:20 AM »
This is all really good advice. Besides what has been mentioned (not that I would have thought of all of that  :D), I would definitely cut out all sugars (refined white sugar and nutritive sweeteners like honey and maple syrup). Cancer grows on sugar. There is also a theory that cancers are caused by fungus. You might find a Doug Kaufmann-type diet helpful. http://www.knowthecause.com/

Offline Kansas Girl

• Adept
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2006, 04:45:06 AM »

Just one more little note: if you wear underwire bras, please switch. The underwires interfere with the lymph flow, causing a lot of backup in the breast area. Toxins can be 'caught' there, setting you up for breast cancer.
/quote]

I've never heard of this.  I wear an underwire bra.  Is that something I should not do? -KG
having a baby" border="0

Offline Mama Sita

• Adept
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2006, 05:10:39 AM »
Yes, and the more I look into it, the more it makes sense. Your lymph system plays a huge role in your immune system, and it moves around when you move! Lymph sort of 'squishes' around the body. When you exercise and move large body muscles, lymph gets moved, too. So, when ladies wear constricting bras around the chest area, this lymph cannot move freely and we all know that backed-up systems don't benefit anybody (like plumbing....)

Anyway, here's another link (why can't I get these things to actually link?):
http://http://www.naturodoc.com/library/women/breast_cancer.htm

OK, check it out for yourself. Please don't take my word for it!

~MS
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 06:29:35 AM by Mama Sita »

Offline Pennie

• Master
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2006, 05:12:55 AM »
This is all really good advice. Besides what has been mentioned (not that I would have thought of all of that  :D), I would definitely cut out all sugars (refined white sugar and nutritive sweeteners like honey and maple syrup). Cancer grows on sugar. There is also a theory that cancers are caused by fungus. You might find a Doug Kaufmann-type diet helpful. http://www.knowthecause.com/
Wow, one thing I did know b/f I read this thread was that I would not do chemo or rad. I have learned so much from reading here.  I have just really felt for several yrs now that most if not all diease if fungus.  So I agree with Amey and the first thing I would do would be cut out all grains and sugars and get me some really strong natural antifungals.  Then I would look into all this other stuff too. 

Offline mexmarr

• Master
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2006, 07:04:07 AM »

Just one more little note: if you wear underwire bras, please switch. The underwires interfere with the lymph flow, causing a lot of backup in the breast area. Toxins can be 'caught' there, setting you up for breast cancer.
/quote]

I've never heard of this.  I wear an underwire bra.  Is that something I should not do? -KG

I did some research after my MIL was diagnosed with cancer.  From what I found, bra wearing habit are directly related.  I found a chart.  It said that women who wear underwire 24/7 had a 1 in 2 chance to get breast cancer.  Wearing a bra 12 hours a day reduced it to 1 in 4 or 7, I can't remember, and they listed several other options, and the more a bra was at higher risk.  Too tight bras and underwires also significately increase your risks. 

I found so much info, that I couldn't possibly find the exact source for this, but I read the same idea several places.

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2006, 07:44:11 AM »

I believe very strongly the number one reason that breast cancer has increased in recent years is solely related to the hormones they pump into our food.  Soy, soy, soy.  All of the extra estrogen causes hormone breast cancers. 

Mama Sita is correct regarding underwire bras.  It's hard to find good ones that aren't underwire but I found some made by Bali and Hanes.  Okay - it's hard to find non-underwire if you're large chested I should say!   ;)

Also, I just finished reading the story about Suzanne Somers and she actually refused radiation also.  She only had the cancer removed and did natural therapies.  Those were her words directly from an interview in Life Extension magazine.  Radiation can/will change a person's DNA and can cause other cancers down the road.

You mentioned you had pain.  One thing I can tell you is most breast cancer tumors have no feeling to them.  I had an infected cyst in my breast when I was a teenager and those do hurt.  So it's possible that what you have is a cyst or something.

As for the iridology - you have to be really careful with it because it has it's beginnings in some evil stuff - that said, there is a lady at our church that is very careful about it and has used it a number of times with my MIL and myself.  She has been right on every single time.  So I think if one is careful about the practioner (making sure they aren't into overtly evil stuff) that iridology can be carefully used.  But from our experience, this lady could tell stuff was wrong with my MIL long before the doctors could.  Same with me.

Take care,

Patti
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline Whiterock

• Jesus Knows Me, This I Love
  • Guru
  • Eph 6:16
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2006, 08:11:00 AM »

One way is to paste the web address into your post, then highlight it, and click on the Insert Hyperlink. But any way you do it, the link has to be between the [url] and the [/url ] for it to work.
HTH,
WR
Who Needs God?

My Blog - Yarb d'Farb Knarb Check out the Wellness Wednesday tag for your health-related blog posts!

Offline Mama Sita

• Adept
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2006, 08:28:26 AM »

One way is to paste the web address into your post, then highlight it, and click on the Insert Hyperlink. But any way you do it, the link has to be between the [url] and the [/url ] for it to work.
HTH,
WR

Thanks Whiterock. I understood everything except that the link had to go between. I'll try it next time I post a link.  ;)

MS

Offline petrimama

• Master
    • My blog...
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2006, 11:10:01 AM »
I don't know anything about cancer, but I have heard that both garlic and spirulina are somehow linked with preventing it.  It would be worth looking into, I think.  Even if you already have cancerous cells, perhaps it would prevent spreading, regrowth, etc.  Honestly, the only thing I know of that works is prayer.  It is guaranteed to bring you either healing or peace - maybe both.  God bless you!         ~L

Chels_Cary

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2006, 12:19:20 PM »
I would definitely check out the essiac tea. You can buy it and look up all the info. @ www.herbalhealer.com