Author Topic: Yeast Assassin & Tummy Tuneup: Dosage & Duration  (Read 36253 times)

Offline Sonja

• Adept
Yeast Assassin & Tummy Tuneup: Dosage & Duration
« on: May 01, 2006, 08:44:22 AM »
I just received my order of Tummy Tune-Up and Yeast Assassin.  Right now, I'm trying to get a yeast infection under control.  Do I just follow the recommended dosage on the bottle and continue to do so until my symptoms are gone?  Also, are these things I should take every day (beyond curing the yeast infection) or only when there is a problem?  Just not sure how to adminster it.  The bottles seem to indicate that it is to be taken daily as a supplement.  From many other posts about it (Tummy Tune-up especially), I've gotten the idea that it is just "as needed".  Hope you can help!   :)

Offline LilyEilis

• Adept
Re: Yeast Assassin & Tummy Tuneup: Dosage & Duration
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 09:00:53 AM »
Hello...

Awhile ago I bought a bottle of Tummy Tune-up...I'm not planning on using it as a daily supplement, but instead just when I'm nauseous, the flu is going around, etc.  But what dosage is recommended for using it then?  Is it the same as when using it as a supplement?  Thanks for any help!
"...Jesus Christ, whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, receiving the end of your faith—the salvation of your souls." ~1 Peter 1:7f-9

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 09:05:14 AM »
I would go with the "as needed" idea and base it on several things;

Your weight

Yeast infection condition (mild/advanced?)

Your diet (a lot of sugar or none?)

If you have an ongoing infection, and are not pregnant or nursing, I would take double the amounts of YA and TT for 3-5 days while going off of sugar and yeast TOTALLY.

For another week I would take the recommended doses while staying off of sugar and yeast.

Then, I would continue to take the supplements at recommended dosages until I ran out while going back to my regular diet (although I'd try to convert to sourdough breads and honey treats.)

Just my opinion.  ;D
Honey Sunny in complete exasperation:
"JOE!!! You DOUGHNUT COCONUT COCONUT COCONUT!!!"

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 09:08:58 AM »
Hello...

Awhile ago I bought a bottle of Tummy Tune-up...I'm not planning on using it as a daily supplement, but instead just when I'm nauseous, the flu is going around, etc.  But what dosage is recommended for using it then?  Is it the same as when using it as a supplement?  Thanks for any help!
You can't overdose on TT, as it just contains natural stomach bacteria. When we had the really bad stomach flu last year, I took two caps with each meal and had no symtoms.

To avoid getting the flu (later on) I took 1 cap each meal.

For the kids (during flu) I opened 1 cap and sprinkled the contents on my 5 year olds food,

A half cap for my 2 year old, and a half cap for my 18 month old. I could have used more, but it wasn't necessary, and I wanted to make sure I didn't run out!

As a general rule, vitamins are not like drugs - you have a lot more room for variation in amounts without worrying about bad side effects. That is, unless you have an allergy to a particular ingredient.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 04:18:49 PM by healthybratt »
Honey Sunny in complete exasperation:
"JOE!!! You DOUGHNUT COCONUT COCONUT COCONUT!!!"

Offline LilyEilis

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2006, 09:17:09 AM »
Alright, thanks so much for the info!
"...Jesus Christ, whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, receiving the end of your faith—the salvation of your souls." ~1 Peter 1:7f-9

Offline Sonja

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2006, 12:45:10 PM »
Just the kind of info I was looking for!   :)  Thank you so much.  I took one of the Yeast Assassin pills and then I had a taste of really spicy spaghetti!  Sure can taste that organic oil.   ;D

I look forward to a day when I can share info with others on here instead of just reaping. 

Offline Sonja

• Adept
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2006, 05:06:10 AM »
Sure can taste that organic oil.   

Oops.  I meant oregano oil!   ::)  Guess I have organic on the brain!   ;)

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2006, 06:38:41 AM »
Sure can taste that organic oil.   

Oops.  I meant oregano oil!   ::)  Guess I have organic on the brain!   ;)

Funny, hubby said the same thing.  ::)
  My favorite herb book!!

Honey Bee

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2006, 09:08:29 AM »
Will Beeyoutiful.com no longer carry Tummy Tune-up 8, Original Blend?  Sniffle, sniffle.  I LOVE that stuff!! ;D

If not, I give my 2 yob and 4 1/2 yob a half a capsule each daily of the Original Blend.  Do I need to change the dosage if I have to switch to the New Tummy Tune-up?

Offline StephTallent

• Adept
    • Beeyoutiful
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2006, 09:11:42 AM »
Will Beeyoutiful.com no longer carry Tummy Tune-up 8, Original Blend?  Sniffle, sniffle.  I LOVE that stuff!! ;D

If not, I give my 2 yob and 4 1/2 yob a half a capsule each daily of the Original Blend.  Do I need to change the dosage if I have to switch to the New Tummy Tune-up?

We still carry it! lol No plans to quit carrying it.   :D  Wherever did you get the idea that we would no longer carry it??  ???
Do not become so focused on where you are, and the destination you forget from whence you came. Concentrate not on what is to be attained so that you forget to extend encouragement, love and help to those behind.

Honey Bee

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2006, 09:20:42 AM »
YIKES!!  When I went to the website, I saw the new formula and did not see the other one right next to it.  I'm sorry :-*  and I'm glad that you still carry the original blend.

Offline StephTallent

• Adept
    • Beeyoutiful
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2006, 09:24:01 AM »
lol It's all worth it.  This way we got to hear how much you like it!  :D

Sorry about the confusion.
Do not become so focused on where you are, and the destination you forget from whence you came. Concentrate not on what is to be attained so that you forget to extend encouragement, love and help to those behind.

Offline SHERRI REEL

• Adept
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2006, 06:20:00 AM »
I am just learning about TTU 6,8, &12 I have 4 kiddos 7,6,3,& 8mo. what is best to start GI's that are not used to enough probiotics?
Are there childrens vita.'s and mens?
Sherri
Just learn'n but pioneer at heart.
Sherri

Offline sunflower

• Learning
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2006, 05:55:27 PM »
I just ordered Yeast Assassin and Tummy Tuneup (and what up with the two different kinds of tummy tuneup anyways).  They should be coming any day now.  I was just wondering if any one has had experiences with them and what happened with them?  I remember reading a post before (but cannot find it now) that Beka recommended on taking them for 6 months to make sure all parasites are killed and their eggs.  Help?

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2006, 08:29:03 PM »
I just ordered Yeast Assassin and Tummy Tuneup (and what up with the two different kinds of tummy tuneup anyways).

The original formula is "extra strength" for fighting existing problems.  The new Acidophulus Blast is more for maintenance like eating yogurt or kefir.

I was just wondering if any one has had experiences with them and what happened with them?

You will probably experience some detox or "die-off" symptoms which could include a number of things like headaches, fatigue, itching all over or in spots, feminine irritation, nausea, etc.  These things are not comfortable but they are short lived.  Just hang in there and drink lots of water to help flush toxins.

I remember reading a post before (but cannot find it now) that Beka recommended on taking them for 6 months to make sure all parasites are killed and their eggs.

CLICK HERE
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 06:06:30 AM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline sunflower

• Learning
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2006, 10:09:17 AM »
The original formula is "extra strength" for fighting existing problems.  The new Acidophulus Blast is more for maintenance like eating yogurt or kefir.

I just double check on the formula I ordered.  I got the original formula (I was confused on which one to get at the time of the order and just say that it was on sale so that is why I got it instead of the Acidomphulus Blast).  Should I of gotten the AB formula instead?  Is there any other things I should be aware of with the Original Formula, like eating more yogurt with it?  How long should the detox take?   :-\  Thanks for your time Healthybrat   :)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 10:25:00 AM by healthybratt »

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2006, 10:24:42 AM »
If you're trying to detox, either formula will work, the orginal formula is just a bit stronger and you don't have to take it with anything.  I usually just take it after I eat with a bit of water when I take the rest of my vitamins.  ;D

Length of detox really depends on how bad off your system is overloaded with yeast.  It could be 2 hours or it could be 2 days, but probably no more than that.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline sarajane

• Adept
    • www.herbsareeasy.com
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2006, 01:35:35 PM »
The tummy tune up is the one that is safe for nursing mama's right? Thanks.
Mommy to Neveah, 2 year old who lives with Jesus, Larissa 4, Gavin 2. Help meet to Jason for 9 years.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2006, 02:53:54 PM »
The tummy tune up is the one that is safe for nursing mama's right? Thanks.

Yes.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline sunflower

• Learning
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2006, 02:34:21 PM »
Do you know how some one gets parasites or Candida?

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2006, 03:36:17 PM »
Do you know how some one gets parasites or Candida?

Parasites come from undercooked meat, other people (hand to butt to mouth) and can be passed between family members in bedclothes and linens (pinworms).

Yeast (candida) is naturally occuring in the intestines.  If you intestines are properly lined with beneficial bacteria, yeast can live there and do you no harm in the scheme of things because the bacteria keep them in check both by feeding on the candida and by competing for food resources; however once you introduce NSAIDS (ibuprofen, ketoprofen, naproxyn), oral contraceptives, and antibiotics into the works, you kill most if not all of these beneficial bacteria while leaving the candida behind to flourish unihibited.  With diets rich in sugars and carbohydrates (candidas favorite food), the candida thrive and mutate.  They begin to grow roots or rhizomes that dig into the intestinal lining and set up shop like potatoes in a garden. 
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline sunflower

• Learning
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2006, 04:21:02 PM »
Well, how would you know for sure that you do have candida or parasites?

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2006, 04:42:43 PM »
Well, how would you know for sure that you do have candida or parasites?

Look for the symptoms. 

abdominal pain, muscle and joint pain, autism, ADHD and other behavioral disorders, accelerated aging, migraines, confusion, poor concentration, foggieness, poor memory, mood swings, nervousness, agressive behavior, anxiety, eye disorders,  endocrine disorders including, urinary tract infections, incontinence, and bedwetting; digestive disorders including:  obesity, constipation, bloating, gas, malnutrition, and irritable bowel syndrome; skin disorders (usually a result of food allergens) such as acne, rosacea, hives, dermatitis (atopic eczema), and psoriasis; female disorders including PMS, recurring vaginal infections, uterine fibroid, breast fibroid, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), and endometriosis;  and autoimmune disorders including:  osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, multiple sclerosis, Raynaud's disease (numbness in toes and fingers), lupus, fibromyalgia, diabetes, cancer, pediactric immune defficiencies, HIV positive, Reiter's syndrome, celiac desease, Crohn's disease, endotoxaemia, alopecia areata, vitiligo, Addison's disease, and vasculitis.

If you have one or more of these problems, you should consider treating for candida.  If you take Yeast Assassin, you can treat for candida and parasites at the same time. 

Doctors estimate that at between 85% to 95% of North Americans have parasites living in their bodies, causing illness, disease and "undiagnosable" troubles. Parasites are NOT just a Third World problem! You may have parasites living in your bowels, your bloodstream, your internal organs...even your brain!

So, you think you don't have parasites? Think again! MANY TYPES OF WORMS: MANY TYPES OF DAMAGE The twelve most common types of worms in humans include: Tapeworms, Whiteworms, Redworms, Inchworms, Blackworms, Pinworms, Hookworms, "Little Fish", Threadworms, "Fuzzballs", "Spiders", and Stickpin worms.

The following are some descriptions of just a few worms that can get into your body and cause disease and toxicity...more
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline sunflower

• Learning
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2006, 08:36:23 PM »
How do you know that you have gotten rid of all the parasites or yeast?  How long should I try the Yeast Assassin?  Also should I be treating my family at the same time....just in case they have them from me (which both of my children have skin problems and some more symptoms)?  How often should someone do this cleanse in their life time (like once a year or just when symptoms reoccurs)?  I am not sure still if I have them.....but I know I love sugar and bread.....so knowing that they love sugar then that is what makes me think I might.  I have had cancer, tummy problems (I thought it was from my 2 c-sections), and bathroom troubles.  Sometimes my tummy is so loud that people can hear it from across the room.  When I was pregnant one of the nurses said that my tummy was so bloated that she thought I was a diabetic.  Which after having my child, the bloating never went down.  So do you think something is living in their that needs to die?   ::)    Help me get rid of it (or them).   8)  Thanks healthybratt

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2006, 09:30:30 PM »
How do you know that you have gotten rid of all the parasites or yeast?  How long should I try the Yeast Assassin?

Beka recommends 6 months Yeast Assassin treatment for parasite removal.  I think you would need to treat for candida for at least a couple of months with a low carb diet (sugars, refined grains, etc).  When your symptoms disappear, then you'll know it's working.  Beware of die-off reactions.  These are increased or worsened symptoms as a result of yeast dying rapidly.  This can cause headaches, fatigue, bloating, itchiness, rashes, feminine discomfort, etc, but IT IS temporary and usually will last about 12-48 hours off and on.

Also should I be treating my family at the same time....just in case they have them from me (which both of my children have skin problems and some more symptoms)?

I would treat my kids with Tummy Tune-Up along with a low carb diet as Yeast Assassin is not recommended for small children.

How often should someone do this cleanse in their life time (like once a year or just when symptoms reoccurs)?

I would take it until I thought I was healed and then again, only if symptoms returned; however many members recommend keeping Tummy Tuneup on hand for many other uses, such as bacterial, viral and tummy infections.

I am not sure still if I have them.....but I know I love sugar and bread.....so knowing that they love sugar then that is what makes me think I might.  I have had cancer, tummy problems (I thought it was from my 2 c-sections), and bathroom troubles.  Sometimes my tummy is so loud that people can hear it from across the room.  When I was pregnant one of the nurses said that my tummy was so bloated that she thought I was a diabetic.  Which after having my child, the bloating never went down.  So do you think something is living in their that needs to die?   ::)    Help me get rid of it (or them).   8)

I would definately use some Yeast Assassin and Tummy Tuneup or some other equivalent products.  I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Thanks healthybratt

You're quite welcome.  God Bless.

~hb

« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 09:33:29 PM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline WithLoveAndJoy

• Master
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2006, 01:12:11 PM »
OH my gosh guys I must have the worst candida growth ever....at least that is what my detox is seeming to tell me.  Makes me glad I am getting rid of this junk!

So here are my symptoms today, for those who are interested.  At the height of when I think I really got full of yeast, I started having anxiety issues, which I had been able to handle since then pretty well.

So, I made the stupid mistake of going to an HOUR LONG cardio class this evening, and about half way through it started to feel really crampy, bloated and woozy....I was also sweating like crazy so I think this was because toxins were leaving my body.

Then, on my way home I had a panic attack for the first time in nearly a year.   I think this was also another symptom of yeast die off.    Not to mention that my stomach is tying itself in knots with bloating.....

I think I am going to go take a bath with ginger root added to the water to help draw the toxins out quicker.  Then I have to take my last Y.A. pills of the day.  Yippee :-)
Visit my blog and see my deals for the week :)

http://homemakersresource.blogspot.com/

Offline sunflower

• Learning
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2006, 07:39:36 PM »
How are you feeling now?
I did not experience any of that.  I just had a headache at times.  I was planning on taking it for a long time (6 months) to get rid of all those toxin.

Offline WithLoveAndJoy

• Master
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2006, 01:57:19 AM »
I just have a really dull headache now, but I think I will be passing up the afternoon exercise this week until the main die off symptoms pass.  Yesterday was crazy!  I think I might have scared my DH off doing a yeast cleanse....he said there was no way that he wanted to feel the way I did last night.  But I think getting it all out is better than suffering whatever the yeast was or was going to do in my body  ;D
Visit my blog and see my deals for the week :)

http://homemakersresource.blogspot.com/

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2006, 06:11:47 AM »
I just have a really dull headache now, but I think I will be passing up the afternoon exercise this week until the main die off symptoms pass.  Yesterday was crazy!  I think I might have scared my DH off doing a yeast cleanse....he said there was no way that he wanted to feel the way I did last night.  But I think getting it all out is better than suffering whatever the yeast was or was going to do in my body  ;D

Rest is preferred to exercise during detox.  Drink lots and lots of water.  You'll get there. ;D
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline Pennie

• Master
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2006, 08:11:39 AM »
I just ordered the tune up! I am QUITE excited.  My question is do you ladies follow the one or two a day thing or how do you decide how much to take?  Also with a five month old can I give to her or should I just take it?  when I tried the bifido powder stuff it was so sticky I thought she would choke.  Thank you for your help