Author Topic: Treating Children for Candida/Yeast  (Read 38996 times)

Offline Whiterock

• Jesus Knows Me, This I Love
  • Guru
  • Eph 6:16
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
Re: Treating Children for Candida/Yeast
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2008, 09:08:02 AM »
bump bump
Who Needs God?

My Blog - Yarb d'Farb Knarb Check out the Wellness Wednesday tag for your health-related blog posts!

Offline lotsagirls

• Adept
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2008, 09:35:05 AM »
K, I'm getting a little concerned here.  He's just been laying around all day.  This IS NOT normal for him.  He's very active and never complains about being sick or having pain.
Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.  Psalm 127:3

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2008, 09:51:19 AM »
K, I'm getting a little concerned here.  He's just been laying around all day.  This IS NOT normal for him.  He's very active and never complains about being sick or having pain.

i have used this stuff with my kids a lot, and never had any trouble.  it does flush a lot of toxins, and i would make sure to get LOTS of water in him.  is he eating?  did you only give the one pill or have you given one each night?  i think 1/2 pill to start with is good and work up very slowly.  i don't know about the jaw pain, sorry.  i prefer the powder as i find it to absorb more readily.  it might just be us though.  sorry i can't be of more help.  hope he gets to feeling better soon. 
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline skelliott2

• Adept
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2008, 10:03:02 AM »
My kids have never complained of hurting, though I guess it could happen.  The only time I've ever had jaw pain was when I had a sinus/ear infection.  Grapefruit seed extract, just a drop or two in a glass of water cleared it up.  Hope you figure it out.  :'(

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2008, 10:42:41 AM »
My kids have never complained of hurting, though I guess it could happen.  The only time I've ever had jaw pain was when I had a sinus/ear infection. 
This is what I was thinking.  It could be related to die-off but maybe indirectly.  Maybe it just lowered his immune system and he caught a bug?
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline lotsagirls

• Adept
« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2008, 10:56:39 AM »
My kids have never complained of hurting, though I guess it could happen.  The only time I've ever had jaw pain was when I had a sinus/ear infection. 
This is what I was thinking.  It could be related to die-off but maybe indirectly.  Maybe it just lowered his immune system and he caught a bug?

I'm starting to think you all may be right.  He's been sleeping for a while now.  We were out of state visiting relatives this weekend and he did eat some no-nos and we stayed in a house with pets.  (HIGHLY allergic)  Maybe his system just overloaded.

I am going to give him the GSE...hopefully that will nip it in the bud.
Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.  Psalm 127:3

Offline pljammie

• Adept
    • Handmade at the Farm
« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2008, 02:47:20 AM »
Thanks for the recipes for the pork and brownies.  We are camping this next week so I may start the kids again since grilled meat and veggies is our main camping food.  Although the Meme will be there and I'm not sure I want to battle the constant onslaught of her offering ice cream, popsicles, candy, etc. 

I think I'm going to look into a yeast killing supplement for them to help it go a little faster.  Where do you get the candex?

Jammie
Mrs. P

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2008, 03:08:43 AM »
Thanks for the recipes for the pork and brownies.  We are camping this next week so I may start the kids again since grilled meat and veggies is our main camping food.  Although the Meme will be there and I'm not sure I want to battle the constant onslaught of her offering ice cream, popsicles, candy, etc. 

I think I'm going to look into a yeast killing supplement for them to help it go a little faster.  Where do you get the candex?

Jammie

i don't remember where i bought it, but got 4 bottles to save on shipping.  i'm having no luck getting it into the kids an hour before breakfast and 2 hours after supper.  the diet wore me out and we are taking a breather for mom to get some more menus in her arsenal.  i am on it, but they are not.  i feel like every time we go off it is a major setback.  :-\  anyway, you can find the candex at vitaminshoppe and several other places where you can buy 3 or 4 and get free shipping.  you may not need that many for just a couple kids.  i am taking it too, figuring every little bit helps.   8) 
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline jjswan

• Learning
« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2008, 10:50:15 AM »
I'm getting ready to start my 3 boys (age 5, 4, 2) on Threelac.  Well, I JUST ordered it, so it'll be a few days yet.

I just have a few questions:  HOw long should I have them be on this?  And what do I do after they're done being on it, as far as maintenance goes?  Do I give them some probiotics or what?

We're trying to change our diet...but it's very SLOW and hard. I just haven't figured out how to remove all the sugar.  We really don't eat a ton of sugar. But I know we can improve.

I'd really love to chit chat with someone who has been doing this.
Jaci

Offline wearefive

• Learning
« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2008, 11:27:19 AM »
I am not to familiar with Canadida.  I have read not read all of the threads on Canadida,  but have read this one about children and yeast.    But here is my question:  My daughter(who is almost 3 yrs old) has  had skin problems on the backs of her legs for 4 or 5 months (mostly in the bend of the knee).  They itch so bad that she makes them bleed and puss.  At first I thought she was allergic to Gluten that I put in some bread that I had made, then I thought it might be eczema.  I had some Eden salve and then I bought some Miracle salve.  Neither worked or even helped.  I was recently visiting my mother-in-law and told her everything I thought it was and what I had tried.  She had some Nystain (sp?) and suggested we try that.  At this point I was ready to try anything.  I used it just one time and after a few days it cleared up.  But know that we are back home it has returned.  I just didn't know if it had to with yeast since it was on her legs and not other places.  I have two other girls.  One has not been affected at all and the other does have some dry skin, but it does seem to resemble my 3yr olds skin. (we do live in a dry area in the West)  Back in the fall all 3 of my girls had impetigo and had to have antibiotics.  We tried to treat it naturally, but to no avail.  Sorry this is such a long post, but while reading this thread I never read anyone saying their child had skin problems.  The only reason I thought what my daughter had was yeast was because of the Nystain clearing up her skin.  Thanks to anyone who can help.   

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2008, 01:08:56 PM »
i have 5 kids, 3 of which have skin problems, and the others have some other symptoms.  one has eczema, one has bumps on backs of arms and face, one has really hard to control acne (she's 16).  i also, have had the bumps in the past, but now am treating for yeast and they are almost gone.  also, my children have been prone to cradle cap even after babyhood and my son has a couple warts right now.  in my experience it all seems to be related to candida. 

we like to use raw african shea butter on my son's eczema.  it's awesome! referenced here: 

http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,16619.0.html

and i bought mine here:

http://www.yosheabutter.com/

hope some of this is helpful to you!   :) 
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 10:21:00 AM by 4myhoonie »

Offline pljammie

• Adept
    • Handmade at the Farm
« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2008, 03:43:24 PM »
One of my kids has skin problems and I have had skin problems for 20 years.  I know both are yeast related since they get better when we follow a candida diet.  I *think* skin problems are actually quite common with yeast overgrowth.  We both also have a ton of allergies and our hope is that getting the candida under control will help to alleviate some of those allergies...especially the foods. 

Jammie
Mrs. P

YoopreMama

« Reply #72 on: May 31, 2008, 07:12:45 AM »
Just some thoughts... :)

I've battled eczema for most of my life, & it was almost completely eliminated when I went GF.  If I have too much sugar, though, the rash comes back, and that's why I think it's still yeast related.  So many gluten-rich foods are full of carbs and sugar, too, which the yeast feed on...I can see why going GF helps w/ yeast.

Another clue was having a castor oil treatment for inducing labor clear me up...something antifungal in it.

Salt baths and oils are all I use on our skin and it really helps.

Offline jenibee

• Adept
« Reply #73 on: June 04, 2008, 04:13:50 AM »
I found this site through another posting (in this thread?) but I thought I'd re-post because it's so good:

Candida Treatments for Babies and Children

And here's a link to the general Candida information on the same website (including food lists):

Candida, the Yeast Syndrome

I'm finally making a connection between ds's food allergies and candida...duh  :P...he had a blister-like diaper rash that went away with coconut oil, he gets skin rashes with his food allergies, and now he has fungus on his big toenail!!!  I feel like a terrible mother...but hopefully this will make it all better.  :)

Offline serzer

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2008, 09:17:31 AM »
I have a 4 year old that has had weird bouts of constipation with seepage (his underwear get wet) every since he was on antibiotics in January of this year.  Now he has had diarrhea for over a week with stomach cramps. Blood and mucus is in his stool. The Dr. has done two stool samples and can find no bad bacteria, but it did show large amounts of yeast.   Bloodwork did not show inflammation, yet she is sending me to a pediatric GI.  I will take him off of all sugar and milk and grains.  I know though that in order to get a positive test for celiac you have to be eating grains.  So, thus my dilemma.  Should I continue with the grains or get rid of them?    I have been giving him Tummy tuneup and garlic and bentonite clay.  I am trying to get kefir grains, and if I do, how will I give it to him without any sweetener?  (and get him to drink it)

A friend suggested testing his blood sugar levels.  My mom has a glucometer so I will try that. 

What else should I be doing?

I am worried sick over this.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #75 on: June 17, 2008, 07:04:02 AM »
I have a 4 year old that has had weird bouts of constipation with seepage (his underwear get wet) every since he was on antibiotics in January of this year.  Now he has had diarrhea for over a week with stomach cramps. Blood and mucus is in his stool. The Dr. has done two stool samples and can find no bad bacteria, but it did show large amounts of yeast.   Bloodwork did not show inflammation, yet she is sending me to a pediatric GI.  I will take him off of all sugar and milk and grains.  I know though that in order to get a positive test for celiac you have to be eating grains.  So, thus my dilemma.  Should I continue with the grains or get rid of them?    I have been giving him Tummy tuneup and garlic and bentonite clay.  I am trying to get kefir grains, and if I do, how will I give it to him without any sweetener?  (and get him to drink it)

A friend suggested testing his blood sugar levels.  My mom has a glucometer so I will try that. 

What else should I be doing?

I am worried sick over this.

http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,3722.msg189846.html#msg189846
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline momofkings

• Adept
« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2008, 03:11:15 PM »
I am researching an eczema problem in my 13 year old son, which I have posted about on another thread.  This has led me to the threads on yeast.  I have seen a few places that say that children should not take the yeast assassin.  Why?  I was planning on giving it to him and to my other son who is 10.  I am nursing, so won't take it, but planned to give it to both of them.  It seems I read someplace else it was ok, but a couple times it was mentioned not to give it to children.  ???

Offline Mrs. B

• Master
« Reply #77 on: July 29, 2008, 03:37:18 PM »
I am researching an eczema problem in my 13 year old son, which I have posted about on another thread.  This has led me to the threads on yeast.  I have seen a few places that say that children should not take the yeast assassin.  Why?  I was planning on giving it to him and to my other son who is 10.  I am nursing, so won't take it, but planned to give it to both of them.  It seems I read someplace else it was ok, but a couple times it was mentioned not to give it to children.  ???
My feelings on this are that it is really dependent upon the child, and what you think they are able to handle.
I have no problem giving yeast assassin to a child of either age, especially a 13 year old, and my 10 year old has taken them in the past without incident.
The main issue IMO is the detox symptoms and the possiblity of them being very severe. 
I would personally start with a lower than the recommended adult dose of YA and gauge how they react and move up or down with the amounts depending upon this.

Offline Whiterock

• Guru
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
« Reply #78 on: July 29, 2008, 05:19:12 PM »
I have given it to my 14yo and my 9yo. I only gave them one capsule and watched them for a couple days. They had some mild die off (mild head ache, tiredness, scratchy throat, and a little grumpiness). So I think it's working well, and have starting alternated it with GSE - one YA one day and GSE the next day (and giving them probiotics throughout). They are fine and I will probably increase the dose of the 14yo, soon.

WR
Who Needs God?

My Blog - Yarb d'Farb Knarb Check out the Wellness Wednesday tag for your health-related blog posts!

Offline momofkings

• Adept
« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2008, 05:44:27 PM »
Thanks for your input.  I will go ahead and give it to them slowly and see how they do.  I am curious about using grapefruit seed extract.  It seems I recently read that, although it is a natural antibiotic, it still kills the good as well as the bad bacteria and should be used sparingly.  That is contradictory to other things I have read in using it as a treatment for candida
I seem to get as many questions as I go along as answers... :)

Offline wearefive

• Learning
« Reply #80 on: July 31, 2008, 12:15:45 PM »
I was just wondering.  I just bought some NOW Candida Clear that I was going to use myself, but do you think it would be OK to give it to my daughter who I think has Candida.  It  does not say that it is only for adults.  Just thought I'd asked.

Offline Mrs. B

• Master
« Reply #81 on: July 31, 2008, 12:19:27 PM »
I was just wondering.  I just bought some NOW Candida Clear that I was going to use myself, but do you think it would be OK to give it to my daughter who I think has Candida.  It  does not say that it is only for adults.  Just thought I'd asked.
This is the brand we usually use, and as I wrote a few posts up, I have given it to my kids without problem.

Offline Whiterock

• Guru
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
« Reply #82 on: July 31, 2008, 12:21:03 PM »
The "Yeast Assassin" I have is actually Candida clear but I use the names interchangeably since they are the same product. So, like I said I have given it to my 9yo with no problems.

WR
Who Needs God?

Offline Whiterock

• Guru
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
« Reply #83 on: August 03, 2008, 05:37:23 AM »
Help, please.

Of those of you who have given Yeast Assassin / Candida Clear to your children, what is the age of the youngest you have given it to?

My 14 year old left some where my 15mo ds could get to it and the 15mo ate about half a capsule. I'm not that worried but I thought I would ask about it here and see if there is any reason I should worry.

Thanks,
WR
Who Needs God?

Offline Whiterock

• Guru
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
« Reply #84 on: August 03, 2008, 09:27:19 AM »
Bump.

Help, please.

Of those of you who have given Yeast Assassin / Candida Clear to your children, what is the age of the youngest you have given it to?

My 14 year old left some where my 15mo ds could get to it and the 15mo ate about half a capsule. I'm not that worried but I thought I would ask about it here and see if there is any reason I should worry.

Thanks,
WR
Who Needs God?

Offline Mrs. B

• Master
« Reply #85 on: August 03, 2008, 09:53:46 AM »
Bump.

Help, please.

Thanks,
WR
First of all, YUCK!  I can barely stand the things myself due to the smell.
Honestly, looking at appropriate doses for kids/babies, a child that age would get 1/8 to 1/4 of an adult dose which would be about 1/2 of one capsule as 2 capsules are the dose.
I don't think that there should be anything to worry about with a one time dose. 
I don't think that I would recommend giving it to a child this young on a regular basis (for others reading this)... I would personally probably consider this for kids at the earliest from 7-10 years old depending upon the child and their personal history.

Offline Whiterock

• Guru
    • Yarb d'Farb Knarb
« Reply #86 on: August 03, 2008, 10:13:18 AM »
Thank you.
WR
Who Needs God?

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #87 on: August 05, 2008, 07:48:48 AM »
Read this post by Forevergirl for the indications on Yeast Assassin and dosages for children.
http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,3484.msg45932.html#msg45932
  My favorite herb book!!

YoopreMama

« Reply #88 on: October 08, 2008, 01:10:18 PM »
That site is SO good!  The link for treating babies and children is excellent!
I found this site through another posting (in this thread?) but I thought I'd re-post because it's so good:

Candida Treatments for Babies and Children

And here's a link to the general Candida information on the same website (including food lists):

Candida, the Yeast Syndrome

Offline noahsmom81

• Learning
  • My Noah
« Reply #89 on: February 09, 2009, 05:16:08 PM »
I just figured out that I have Candida and I am pretty sure my six year old son has it. I just ordered Yeast Assassin and TTU for myself. I'm wondering if my son can take YA and TTU? Is there something else I can give him besides Cod liver oil? I want to do what I can to help him with the die-off symtoms too.

Thanks!  :)