Author Topic: enlarged circumvallate papillae/bumps on tongue  (Read 9670 times)

Offline cpsenter

• Adept
enlarged circumvallate papillae/bumps on tongue
« on: November 12, 2006, 09:59:24 AM »
I was wondering if any of you have ever hard englarged "circumvallate papillae" or know why they are enlarged.  They are the bumps on the back of your tongue in the back of throat.  When I looked it up online it says it doesn't mean anything I just think its odd that they were not that way and all of a sudden are now.  In the last 3 months I have been having some health concerns (joint pain, tiredness, tingling in hands and feet, etc) and when the doctor ran lots of tests the only thing that came back abnormal was that I have a very high ANA level.  He said I may be developing an auto-immune disease but he does not know b/c all my other tests were completely normal.  this is also when I noticed this bumps on the back of my tongue and I just thought it was too odd to be a coincidence.  I know a lot of you have done much reading and research and wanted to know if you have ever heard of this being an indication of anything else going on? I also had swollen lymph glands in my neck and since starting to treat candida and takign supplements they have gone down but these bumps on my tongue have not.
thanks so much!

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
Re: enlarged circumvallate papillae/bumps on tongue
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 03:32:42 PM »
BUMP(OR SHOULD I SAY, ENLARGED BUMPS) LOL!!  ;D

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 06:35:46 PM »
It seems I now have this problem and sadly enough, there has been no information offered as to what or why this might happen.

I am currently suffering from some kind of cold or virus and I'm assuming it's related.

They are very uncomfortable and it feels as though I have a hair ball stuck in my throat.

Anybody know anything about this?
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 06:44:03 PM »
http://www.steadyhealth.com/enlarged_circumvallate_papillae_t93951.html

The person who posted last in this forum said she healed hers with probiotics.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 06:57:41 AM »
I gargled with peroxide last night and the bumps are still enlarged, but appear to be shrinking and that hairball feeling has subsided.   ;D
  My favorite herb book!!